What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If OBJ signed w Cleveland (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Meant for discussion. Think it some serious offseason potential during slow forum times. 

If odell signed w CLE, the offense would look like this

Mayfield

Chubb, Hunt, Duke

Obj, landry, callaway, higgins, perriman

Njoku

On paper, is this the most potent complete offense of the past 15yrs? 

(In no way implying it will be historic, it could easily flop. Just on paper. Strictly)

It’s great from a fantasy standpoint. In real football they still have a mediocre OL. That weak link will hold them back from greatness. 

an honest to goodness question

i dont think it's outlandish. in fact, i dont even kno if i say yes to the question, myself. 

but i think it can be discussed as such, from a purely on paper potential standpoint

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys soulfly needs to fill his Josh Gordon withdrawal somehow. How else can he talk about CLE being the greatest offense in history? 

Meant for discussion. Think it some serious offseason potential during slow forum times. 

Mayfield

Chubb, Hunt, Duke

Njoku

(In no way implying it will be historic, it could easily flop. Just on paper. Strictly)
No.  

Would love to see it for Mayfield. I'm not quite ready to put him in Canton yet like some are but clearly, the Browns have their QB. Something they haven't been able to say in a while. A super-elite WR is a nice plus. 

I'd like it for Beckham too. Even with the crowded receivers. 

an honest to goodness question

i dont think it's outlandish. in fact, i dont even kno if i say yes to the question, myself. 

but i think it can be discussed as such, from a purely on paper potential standpoint
To find a team that from a fantasy perspective finished with a top-2 QB, a top-10 RB, two top-10 WRs, and a top-10 TE, you'd have to part the mists of time and venture all the way back to ... the 2016 Saints (Brees, Ingram, Cooks, Thomas, Fleener).

Just sayin' - it wouldn't be as unprecedented as you make it sound.

To find a team that from a fantasy perspective finished with a top-2 QB, a top-10 RB, two top-10 WRs, and a top-10 TE, you'd have to part the mists of time and venture all the way back to ... the 2016 Saints (Brees, Ingram, Cooks, Thomas, Fleener).

Well-played. 

Yeah, I'm not seeing that crew as better than some of the Steeler crews from this decade.

If I were a Browns fan, I’d be worried about the diva factor in the event that this were to happen.  I’m trying to remember some if the great QB/RB/WR trio+ groupings in history, and I’m struggling to remember one grouping that had more than one overt diva in the group.  It’s not that the other parts of those groupings weren’t great players - obviously they were - but rather that only one of the group had that overt brash domineering reactionary type of public personna.

CLE already has its diva under center - and when I say that, it’s not meant to be a negative thing.  I’d be worried about the potential damage that two of these types of personalities could cause to team chemistry and thereby cohesiveness and production.

There are some strong rumblings this deal may happen 

So we're speaking hypotheticals here. Between media and browns players, the story has SOME legs
Wake me up when....you know... it ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

would the potential browns lineup ON PAPER be better than that team? brees obv the better qb, but every other position ON PAPER id give to CLE (a draw between thomas and obj for me)

would the potential browns lineup ON PAPER be better than that team? brees obv the better qb, but every other position ON PAPER id give to CLE (a draw between thomas and obj for me)
Well I'm pretty sure @flapgreen could explain why it wouldn't even be better than the Bears on paper unless you include kickers.

Just as important as the players is the coach calling the plays and trying to mesh all the personalities.

Do the Browns have the coach to do that well? Probably unknown at this point.

I don’t even know why I’m replying in this silly thread.  I get it though.  You’re excited as a Browns fan after years of suffering.  I’m a Bills fan.  I know.  

But you’re talking about unproven guys here that haven’t accomplished anything.  OBJ and Landry are the only guys on this list who have proven anything.  And those two are more likely to destroy a locker room than anything.  

Edit: forgot about Hunt who has at least more than one good season.  But he’s likely to miss half the season due to his poor character.  Then he’s probably gone for a payday. 

I don’t even know why I’m replying in this silly thread.  I get it though.  You’re excited as a Browns fan after years of suffering.  I’m a Bills fan.  I know.  

But you’re talking about unproven guys here that haven’t accomplished anything.  OBJ and Landry are the only guys on this list who have proven anything.  And those two are more likely to destroy a locker room than anything.  
I'm wondering how Chubb got elevated to top ten status after running half of the year. 

I won't speculate on OBJ and Landry and destroying locker rooms (I don't know enough about Landry to even get a whiff of speculation) but it seems like a nice offense. Not greatest in past fifteen years good, but really nice and something that Cleveland can build upon. 

I also think that just this year we saw Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Kelce, and Hunt (when playing) as better than Cleveland's potential unit on paper.  

Mayfield just broke Manning's rookie record and didnt start til what, week 5?

Hunt had proven plenty, but no idea if he even suits up. 

Njoku is a good TE. Potential yo be very good, but for now, just good

... Again, just talking ON PAPER. Ive stated multiple times they could flop completely. 

Why would this be a thread?
Because Browns fans have been fawning over the prospect of acquiring OBJ non-stop for about a month and it was bound to explode into the rest of the world because there wasn't room for it inside the Browns fan bubble anymore.  

Mayfield

Chubb, Hunt, Duke

Njoku

If we're talking complete hypotheticals, I'll take the colts with OBJ (they have the money to sign him too)

Luck

Mack, Hines

OBJ, Hilton, Pascal, Rogers, Caine

Ebron

A much better OL

Better coach

Mayfield doesn't need him. Broke the rookie TD record in less games with what he has already and they will only get better. Strengthen the OL & D with picks.

Wouldn't be as good as if Antonio Brown signed with the Saints. 

Also, this would be a trade. Browns might have to give one of those guys up. 

oh, no i meant Thor is already Mightiest Avenger.  they don’t really need Superman. 

but maybe they could trade Hawkeye and Falcon for Batman or someone like that.  they could really shore up that spot.
I always laugh at the movie where black widow has her tiny 9mm... Shes probably the worst of all of them

I always laugh at the movie where black widow has her tiny 9mm... Shes probably the worst of all of them
i believe we’re going to find out she’s one of Russian super-soldiers, so she’s actually about as strong as Captain America. 

but yeah, it’s a weird mix for sure.  

Users who are viewing this thread