What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you could bring back one discontinued food product… (1 Viewer)

Mine is in Bishop, CA ... which is literally a five hour drive from any real population center. Bishop is the very definition of BFE. Clowns
I will be driving through bishop next week. I’ll try and remember this garbage. Don’t want the squirts though. 🤔

Why? Bishop isn't on the way to anywhere? I mean, I can't think of a single reason to drive though unless I'm going to Taco Bell.

Mine is in Bishop, CA ... which is literally a five hour drive from any real population center. Bishop is the very definition of BFE. Clowns
I will be driving through bishop next week. I’ll try and remember this garbage. Don’t want the squirts though. 🤔

Why? Bishop isn't on the way to anywhere? I mean, I can't think of a single reason to drive though unless I'm going to Taco Bell.
Mammoth. It’s ski season baby.

I don't think that Round Table Pizza has their pesto sauce anymore. So good.

Also, speaking of pizza, Domino's used to have SLICED sausage along with the crumbled version. Sliced was SO much better.

Yes I eat terrible pizza. I do eat "good" pizza too though. :)

Mammoth?

Planters Cheese Balls came back but they are not the same, or at least not the way I remember them. I’m sure the hippies had whatever delicious oil that was in the original banned
These came to mind first when thinking about this topic. There's a few more things like this on sort of life support or reinvented I thought of too - Bob's Big Boy original Big Boy burger (I think you can still get them at like 4 restaurants here in socal but I haven't tried), Hostess fruit pies, RC Cola. Stuff you have to work to get that used to be closer to ubiquitous. AW drive ins are mostly/completely gone too - I liked their burgers and of course their root beer floats.

Planters Cheese Balls came back but they are not the same, or at least not the way I remember them. I’m sure the hippies had whatever delicious oil that was in the original banned
These came to mind first when thinking about this topic. There's a few more things like this on sort of life support or reinvented I thought of too - Bob's Big Boy original Big Boy burger (I think you can still get them at like 4 restaurants here in socal but I haven't tried), Hostess fruit pies, RC Cola. Stuff you have to work to get that used to be closer to ubiquitous. AW drive ins are mostly/completely gone too - I liked their burgers and of course their root beer floats.
We have Hostess fruit pies here in KC. The plant is about two miles from my house. Send me a PM and I’ll send you some.

We have Hostess fruit pies here in KC. The plant is about two miles from my house. Send me a PM and I’ll send you some.
I appreciate the offer. I figure nostalgia is probably better at this point in most ways than trying to revisit these. Are they still as good as they were like 40 years ago?

I appreciate the offer. I figure nostalgia is probably better at this point in most ways than trying to revisit these. Are they still as good as they were like 40 years ago?
Yeah, they are still pretty damn good. I get one every few months just for the nostalgia. When I was a kid we had to shop at the Hostess day old bread store because we didn’t have much money. Every once in awhile they would have those pies in there and my mom would let us get one.

Those things will always be tasty to me.

Mammoth?

Yeah, I forget about all the SoCal folks and their half day drive to decent skiing. I'm in NorCal, where even better mountains are two hours away. :wink:

Mammoth?

Yeah, I forget about all the SoCal folks and their half day drive to decent skiing. I'm in NorCal, where even better mountains are two hours away. :wink:
I’m NorCal as well, but Mammoth is pretty awesome.

Not sure if I could bring this back but talking with my sister we were talking about going out to eat my grandparents ..... It was either a friendly's or a local place that would serve a chocolate coke
It’s not Coke, but at Nifty Fifty’s they have chocolate cola (along with a ton of other flavored colas). Link

Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito. No contest.

Still around, just have to ask.
@General Malaise

A humble request to see if you boys still have it.

My man, I haven't been to a Taco Bell in 10 years or so and I have no designs on ever returning so long as I live.

Weekend at Forrest’s starring shuke and GM’s corpse?

Not sure if I could bring this back but talking with my sister we were talking about going out to eat my grandparents ..... It was either a friendly's or a local place that would serve a chocolate coke
Friendly's was my first real paycheck job and it was in a mall where we had a lot of "walk up" counter ice cream business.

I hate that job with the heat of a thousand suns.

Loved the food though.

For northeast folks - do any of you remember papa genos selling a steak and cheese sub? It was bomb
There is one Papa Gino’s left in CT. Unfortunately, they are now combined with Dangelo’s and the original PG steak and cheese sub has been replaced with the Dangelo’s version. Still good, but not on the same level as the PG version.

I also am not ashamed to admit that I liked the KFC double down.

KFC potato wedges >>>> their fries

Came here to post this. Chilito FTW!

Maybe not so much "discontinued" as "only offered for a limited time a couple times in the last many years"...Taco Bell rolled chicken tacos. Best thing on their menu and I hate I can't get them whenever I want.

Users who are viewing this thread