What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (1 Viewer)

I have yet to truly find out.
I'll engage in the "this is not a charade" spirit here.The above is your big problem. You haven't had enough experience being your own person (this past 7 months only partially counts since you were internally pining for her). You don't know who you are or what you want. You've pretended at it a bit, but you really haven't figured anything out yet. You've hit some snags, and now you're tempted to scamper back to what you thought was a safe, reliable, comfortable situation.Don't do it. Even if it turns out it was a one time deal, and she ends up being faithful from here on out, you'll have a hard time establishing who you are as an individual. Eventually that is as key to a functioning relationship as is understanding the other person. Otherwise you'll be a doormat at worst, co-dependent at best.Regardless of her situation (and honestly she seems like an unstable, unreliable child), you need to take this opportunity to establish yourself as a man, apart and separate from your woman and your relationship with her.You both have some serious growing up to do, and it's readily apparent that that probably isn't going to happen right now if you two are together. If she really cares about you, she'll give you this space - and take the opportunity to acquire some maturity herself.You go back together now, I can pretty much guarantee you'll be back in this place relatively soon. If she's as hot as you say, some doctor will take her as a side piece for a while (behind your back), and dump her, you'll then get the fun of dealing with her infidelity again and her instability due to getting used. Bad deal.Side question - why nurse and not doctor as a career for you?

'No. 16 said:
So I'm pretty damn sure she never cheated on me.
Delusional... CHECK! :yes:
I know it's hard to believe and that's why it's hard for me to let go. I always think I could get it back to how it used to be. Before the cheating went down, there was no doubt that she was loyal and committed to me for nearly 7 years. This was a girl who once drove from SoCal to the Bay and back home in one night because I wanted to break up with her (yes the signs of crazy were there earlier). She wanted to spend all her time with me that I had to encourage her to go out with her friends. There was never any doubt that she loved me more than anything (she basically moved up here for me - had a choice of nursing schools in SoCal and here). Of course the cheating changes everything, but up until that point I don't think anyone could have felt more wanted...maybe more so needed than I felt with her.
So do you really miss her or do you just miss this feeling?
Of course it's the latter. In his "pro" list he didn't list anything specific about her, but merely generic descriptions for "ideal" girls. He'll realize it later that he misses the feeling and it'll suck when he realizes she isn't what he thought she was (although I'll grant him that 7 years is a lot longer than say like a year honeymoon period).

I'll engage in the "this is not a charade" spirit here.The above is your big problem. You haven't had enough experience being your own person (this past 7 months only partially counts since you were internally pining for her). You don't know who you are or what you want. You've pretended at it a bit, but you really haven't figured anything out yet. You've hit some snags, and now you're tempted to scamper back to what you thought was a safe, reliable, comfortable situation.Don't do it. Even if it turns out it was a one time deal, and she ends up being faithful from here on out, you'll have a hard time establishing who you are as an individual. Eventually that is as key to a functioning relationship as is understanding the other person. Otherwise you'll be a doormat at worst, co-dependent at best.Regardless of her situation (and honestly she seems like an unstable, unreliable child), you need to take this opportunity to establish yourself as a man, apart and separate from your woman and your relationship with her.You both have some serious growing up to do, and it's readily apparent that that probably isn't going to happen right now if you two are together. If she really cares about you, she'll give you this space - and take the opportunity to acquire some maturity herself.You go back together now, I can pretty much guarantee you'll be back in this place relatively soon. If she's as hot as you say, some doctor will take her as a side piece for a while (behind your back), and dump her, you'll then get the fun of dealing with her infidelity again and her instability due to getting used. Bad deal.Side question - why nurse and not doctor as a career for you?
Years of school, years of debt. Plus, I didn't want to spend all my time studying. I studied more than ever in nursing school, but I had plenty of time to work and enjoy myself. I see the medical students now and they always look so miserable. I figure making $70k with a BS (debt free) and the option to make more through overtime or going back to school for a 1-2 year master programs when I wanted to was good enough for me. I don't want much. I don't want a big house, fancy cars, or designer crap. I just want to be able to work as little as possible (doesn't mean I'm lazy, just value my time) so I can spend as much of my free time with my future family.

'No. 16 said:
I know it's hard to believe and that's why it's hard for me to let go. I always think I could get it back to how it used to be. Before the cheating went down, there was no doubt that she was loyal and committed to me for nearly 7 years. This was a girl who once drove from SoCal to the Bay and back home in one night because I wanted to break up with her (yes the signs of crazy were there earlier). She wanted to spend all her time with me that I had to encourage her to go out with her friends. There was never any doubt that she loved me more than anything (she basically moved up here for me - had a choice of nursing schools in SoCal and here). Of course the cheating changes everything, but up until that point I don't think anyone could have felt more wanted...maybe more so needed than I felt with her.
Of course it's the latter. In his "pro" list he didn't list anything specific about her, but merely generic descriptions for "ideal" girls. He'll realize it later that he misses the feeling and it'll suck when he realizes she isn't what he thought she was (although I'll grant him that 7 years is a lot longer than say like a year honeymoon period).
There's tons of things that I miss about "her" if you wanted more specifics, but I really shouldn't keep reminiscing about the past at this time.

'No. 16 said:
My link
:bowtie:

Side question - why nurse and not doctor as a career for you?
Years of school, years of debt. Plus, I didn't want to spend all my time studying. I studied more than ever in nursing school, but I had plenty of time to work and enjoy myself. I see the medical students now and they always look so miserable. I figure making $70k with a BS (debt free) and the option to make more through overtime or going back to school for a 1-2 year master programs when I wanted to was good enough for me. I don't want much. I don't want a big house, fancy cars, or designer crap. I just want to be able to work as little as possible (doesn't mean I'm lazy, just value my time) so I can spend as much of my free time with my future family.
I can appreciate what you're saying, and maybe you've thought it all through already. Still, I have to ask, are you sure you're going to get what you want at that salary? $70K doesn't go that far in your neck of the woods (just like it doesn't in mine). Money isn't everything, to be sure, but it isn't nothing either. I know becoming a doctor isn't easy, but it seems like it's generally worth the challenge once you get past the early stages - and it opens up tons of doors later in life. Sometimes a little pain/struggle early pays off big over the rest of your life.

I can appreciate what you're saying, and maybe you've thought it all through already. Still, I have to ask, are you sure you're going to get what you want at that salary? $70K doesn't go that far in your neck of the woods (just like it doesn't in mine). Money isn't everything, to be sure, but it isn't nothing either. I know becoming a doctor isn't easy, but it seems like it's generally worth the challenge once you get past the early stages - and it opens up tons of doors later in life. Sometimes a little pain/struggle early pays off big over the rest of your life.
The pain/struggle between becoming a doctor and becoming a nurse isn't little, it's enormous.

70k is just starting here and I can always make more once I get my masters. Plenty of nurses make over 100k granted they work some OT, but most white collar jobs you have to take work home anyways so it balances out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pain/struggle between becoming a doctor and becoming a nurse isn't little, it's enormous.
:goodposting: It really irks me the amount of attitude/diva status nurses have (maybe because most are women) in regards to nurse/doctor relationship at least at my work.

'No. 16 said:
It's been brought up before. This is more projecting. Her clingyness is a definitive sign, if you were on your own, you would do what's NORMAL, in her world, and that's cheat. And FYI you can pipe a girl out in 10 minutes at any time of the day or night. At work, right after work, at their place, at your place. 45 minutes early everywhere she went? Perfect amount of time to swallow some Johnson and you'd be none the wiser.

Question for 16: When is your driving restriction over?
IID comes out end of October.
I think I've been a little hard on you. You should try to save this.
Save what?
This thread....call her
Eh. I've never cared if this thread lived or died. I just post when things happen and/or when I need a place to vent. With that said, I'm not gonna lie and say it hasn't crossed my mind to contact her but I know I shouldn't. Just been trying to keep myself busy since they've been canceling me at work. Vegas next weekend can't come soon enough.
Why?

Save what?
This thread....call her
Eh. I've never cared if this thread lived or died. I just post when things happen and/or when I need a place to vent. With that said, I'm not gonna lie and say it hasn't crossed my mind to contact her but I know I shouldn't. Just been trying to keep myself busy since they've been canceling me at work. Vegas next weekend can't come soon enough.
Why?
Low census. Working tonight though.

Save what?
This thread....call her
Why?
I work at a hospital with inpatient nursing units, this is not unusual and happens all the time. Next week they will be begging for people to work extra shifts, paying premium pay, because census has gone up.Now back to :popcorn:

Save what?
This thread....call her
Why?
I work at a hospital with inpatient nursing units, this is not unusual and happens all the time. Next week they will be begging for people to work extra shifts, paying premium pay, because census has gone up.Now back to :popcorn:
I work for a hospital too and agree that flexing RNs is a key way we manage our expenses with lower revenue.Also, let's stop encouraging 16 to go medical school. A hung-over nurse on 3hrs sleep is one thing, a physician making life and death decisions is quite another.

i really don't understand why someone would want someone back who

a) cheated on him

b) doesn't really want him

i mean, she cheated on you dude. cheaters cheat. over and over and over and over.

you can't possibly ever trust her again. every time you turn your back, you have to be worried about her cheating on you. she's 20 minutes late coming home from work? you worry she was banging a co-worker.

i really don't understand why someone would want someone back who a) cheated on himb) doesn't really want himi mean, she cheated on you dude. cheaters cheat. over and over and over and over. you can't possibly ever trust her again. every time you turn your back, you have to be worried about her cheating on you. she's 20 minutes late coming home from work? you worry she was banging a co-worker.
Is this your first time in this thread?
no it just amazes me someone can be this stupid. ... i mean, i get it. he loves her. i can see it. but if you can't trust someone you can't be with them.

no it just amazes me someone can be this stupid. ... i mean, i get it. he loves her. i can see it. but if yo can't trust someone you can't be with them.
Yeah, even a single (known) instance of cheating is a relationship ender for me, and honestly I think he should let her go and never look back. But people aren't all wired the same.

16, that's a very honest answer and I'm on board with you. There's nothing wrong with your career. It's respectable and you make good money. I work with millionaires and I can assure that many of them are miserable #######s. They don't seem to understand that money isn't everything. Time is very important. I think you're in a career where you can find a happy balance. Some people have to work their ### of just to make ends meet. Others put the almighty dollar above everything and spend their life ignoring their friends and family just to chase that dollar. I actually admire and envy you a bit for understanding there is a happy medium. That said, I'll go back to busting your balls soon.

16, have you discussed having an open relationship? She bangs who she wants, you bang who you want. Different strokes for different folks. Trying to help you stay with Cleopatra here man.

I've not followed this thread, but I am intrigued because of the page length, which is also very daunting.

Can somebody please give me some notes from Cliff?

I've not followed this thread, but I am intrigued because of the page length, which is also very daunting.Can somebody please give me some notes from Cliff?
Here's what you do.1) Begin texting her a lot. Abandon all dignity. "I'm so sorry, I was confused and not sure how to respond to you." "I'll do ANYTHING you want to spend more time with you. Just hurry back." Anything - whatever gets her to see you again after she's done with PT.2) Get an STD test done while she's gone. You'll need a clean bill of health to show her when she gets back.3) When she returns, invite her over and tell her that you had a lot of time to soul-search and you now realize that most of what went down was your own fault. Vow to be a better boyfriend. Tell her you want to marry her and make her happy for the rest of her life if she wants, but that she can have all the time she needs. Be shameless.4) When you've sufficiently convinced her that you'll be her life-long doormat, commence seduction. Get to the physical act of love. Use a condom that you've pre-swabbed with just a bit of menthol rub. Right as your humping is about to reach its crescendo, unleash the beast, remove your jimmy hat, and project your bliss in her hair. As she recoils, attempting to process this turn of events, grab all her clothes, run to the front door, and fire them out on to the lawn. 5) Return to her, strap a pair of boxers on and exclaim, in your best Andrew "Dice" Clay voice..."NOW GET THE F### OUT OF HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Send her out on to the front lawn nude with a head full of your conditioner. A gentle kick in the tuchus on her way out the door will serve as a punctuation mark. Right before you slam the door, tell her the VD test results were a fake, and that you've been banging hookers and the dog. In fact, tell her you poked the dog right before her and didn't wash up in between. Have at least that one picture I recommended where it appears as if you're railing your furry friend and text that to her about an hour after you kick her out.Results :You finally and permanently gain hand in the post break-up relationship.You will become an absolute legend both here and among your RL friends.You will regain all your dignity and self-confidence.You will assure Alyssa will never talk to you again, so you don't have to avoid her.You get one last bout of sex with her.She'll think she has some weird Hawaiian or canine VD for weeks afterward. The menthol on the rubber will add a decidedly visceral component to this fear.There's no downside. She's walked on you long enough. It's time to become the darkest chapter in her diary.

Any update on your GB and his cheating wife?
They're still "together." Pretty much my GB and his GF are constant on and off relationship that isn't healthy for either. Alyssa and I agree that they should break up bc honestly my GB is a terrible boyfriend from what she has seen and been revealed to her now that she's my GBs GFs roommate.

I've not followed this thread, but I am intrigued because of the page length, which is also very daunting.Can somebody please give me some notes from Cliff?
-16's gf of 7 years wanders off to Vegas and decides to start banging a Personal Trainer (PT) because 16 isn't doing it for her anymore. They live together, she's moving out, and he's keeping the dog. From here on she's referred to as Coral.-16 asks the FFA who has gotten back with a gf that cheated and made it work?-FFA piles on, walk away, she’s not worth it.-Coral takes PT to HI on their anniversary trip and has hot and heavy sexy time in place of 16.-16 moves on under FFA advice and bangs a coke dealer from HI w/out protection-16 hires a hooker w/ protection-16 attempts to hook up with some other chicks along the way, but doesn't-16 get's a DWI and a blow-thingy on his ignition-Coral manipulates 16 in some kind of wacky ways because he obtained ownership of their dog to see the dog.-16 uses the term "crackin" in reference to dancing and clubbing.-16 bangs a Philipino chick because his buddy hooked him up on their trip to HI.-For 5 months 16 has been advised on how to move on, and he consistently does the opposite.-16 Goes to Vegas and drops some molly’s.-16 goes to his best friend’s wedding and makes fun of how all of his friends are dressed, but notes that he is "crackin" and that Coral isn't having as good a time as he is. And drops some more molly’s.-July, … 16 pretty much spent the month figuring out how to rebound with Coral.-16 admit's all he want's is a 2nd chance with coral and the wedding was his target for this. He’s willing to forgo the cheating as long as it feels right.-16 get's #### on-Coral and 16 spend some time together. She rubs his feet and neck.-16 get's #### on again-Coral ####'s on 16 a couple more times.-16 calls Coral a whore and threatens to tell PT, but chickens out.-16 admits that he knew about PT from the get go and that his only intention with the entire thread was to get back with that two timing whore that he started out with.*-16 Acts like he's done, but we all know he's just waiting for Coral to initiate contact.As it stands now:16: Working on his OKCupid profile. (for the last 8 months)Coral: Pissed off at 16 so she can bang the PT every/any which way he wants.PT: Tired of Coral but willing to throw it at her as long as she's willing to travel to SoCal.*Note: For those late to the thread, Coral cheated on her previous bf with 16, then cheated on 16 with PT, then cheated back on PT with 16. She's a cheatin' whore.

We were together for 7 years. How many marriages last that long after the husband finds out the wife is a cheating whore but licks her boots, grovels at her feet, and takes her back anyways?
Somewhere between 77 and 89 percent.http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/p70-125.pdf table 4.
Fixed. May need a revised answer. But you can just make it up, you know, in keeping with the spirit of the thread any everything.

There's really not much I'd change about her other than the obvious cheating and crazy.
:mellow: Um.........forget it :unsure:
What's so hard to understand? She made me happy, but obviously the cheating and the crazy can't be ignored.
This is the part I don't get the most. Yeah, she made you happy. Then, she cheated on you, gobbling up some sweaty dudes pecker in every orifice, all the time knowing it was wrong. Not just once, either. She cheated, THEN broke it off with you to a) ease her conscience and b) continue boning another dude.Now I'm not in your shoes, but picturing her ### in the air presenting for another dude, waiting for him to come in for a rough landing WAY overshadows any happy times, IMO. What am I missing here?

There's really not much I'd change about her other than the obvious cheating and crazy.
What's so hard to understand? She made me happy, but obviously the cheating and the crazy can't be ignored.
This is the part I don't get the most. Yeah, she made you happy. Then, she cheated on you, gobbling up some sweaty dudes pecker in every orifice, all the time knowing it was wrong. Not just once, either. She cheated, THEN broke it off with you to a) ease her conscience and b) continue boning another dude.Now I'm not in your shoes, but picturing her ### in the air presenting for another dude, waiting for him to come in for a rough landing WAY overshadows any happy times, IMO. What am I missing here?
:goodposting: Truth. I would not be able to get over this.

You could almost forgive him for taking her back if she came back groveling and contrite. Instead she came back carrying on a fling with the other guy, making excuses for not breaking it off. Committed to going on a religious retreat? Leaving her stuff at his place? All this while claiming to want to start anew with 16? She hasn't begun starting new.

-16's gf of 7 years wanders off to Vegas and decides to start banging a Personal Trainer (PT) because 16 isn't doing it for her anymore. They live together, she's moving out, and he's keeping the dog. From here on she's referred to as Coral.-16 asks the FFA who has gotten back with a gf that cheated and made it work?-FFA piles on, walk away, she’s not worth it.-Coral takes PT to HI on their anniversary trip and has hot and heavy sexy time in place of 16.-16 moves on under FFA advice and bangs a coke dealer from HI w/out protection-16 hires a hooker w/ protection-16 attempts to hook up with some other chicks along the way, but doesn't-16 get's a DWI and a blow-thingy on his ignition-Coral manipulates 16 in some kind of wacky ways because he obtained ownership of their dog to see the dog.-16 uses the term "crackin" in reference to dancing and clubbing.-16 bangs a Philipino chick because his buddy hooked him up on their trip to HI.-For 5 months 16 has been advised on how to move on, and he consistently does the opposite.-16 Goes to Vegas and drops some molly’s.-16 goes to his best friend’s wedding and makes fun of how all of his friends are dressed, but notes that he is "crackin" and that Coral isn't having as good a time as he is. And drops some more molly’s.-July, … 16 pretty much spent the month figuring out how to rebound with Coral.-16 admit's all he want's is a 2nd chance with coral and the wedding was his target for this. He’s willing to forgo the cheating as long as it feels right.-16 get's #### on-Coral and 16 spend some time together. She rubs his feet and neck.-16 get's #### on again-Coral ####'s on 16 a couple more times.-16 calls Coral a whore and threatens to tell PT, but chickens out.-16 admits that he knew about PT from the get go and that his only intention with the entire thread was to get back with that two timing whore that he started out with.*-16 Acts like he's done, but we all know he's just waiting for Coral to initiate contact.As it stands now:16: Working on his OKCupid profile. (for the last 8 months)Coral: Pissed off at 16 so she can bang the PT every/any which way he wants.PT: Tired of Coral but willing to throw it at her as long as she's willing to travel to SoCal.*Note: For those late to the thread, Coral cheated on her previous bf with 16, then cheated on 16 with PT, then cheated back on PT with 16. She's a cheatin' whore.
Much obliged, sir. :thumbup:

You could almost forgive him for taking her back if she came back groveling and contrite. Instead she came back carrying on a fling with the other guy, making excuses for not breaking it off. Committed to going on a religious retreat? Leaving her stuff at his place? All this while claiming to want to start anew with 16? She hasn't begun starting new.
Right. Groveling, contrite, and physically (sexually) receptive in any/every way. No friggin' way now after the slow play.In fact, what No. 16 needs to do now, for his own good, the good of the FFA, and the good of MANkind, is to enact a plan of revenge. Much in the way our GB EG72 has laid out. Play her game, let her slow play you, kiss her ### and pretend you want to make it work. Do whatever it takes to "get her back". Then, when you get there, give her the grudge #### of her life. Do the nastiest things to her that you can think of (that you'll enjoy, of course). And when you're done, throw her to the curb (literally AND figuratively). This time, leave with the upper hand, and never speak to/of her again.I know it won't happen, but THAT is the way it SHOULD happen. He's still young, dumb, and full of cum.

"If you love something, get cheated on, lied to, dumped, and stand by while your girlfriend bangs other dudes. If she agrees to give you the time of day after you go back to her on your knees, it may or may not be yours."

Users who are viewing this thread