What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting _______ over _______ in week 6. (1 Viewer)

grouse

Footballguy
DISCLAIMER: One thing this thread isn't or should be, is a WDIS thread. This isn't supposed to be a call for help. This is supposed to be a thread for people to post the tough lineup decisions they've ALREADY MADE or are expecting to make. Joe has already gone on record to say this thread has value but will be on a short leash if a bunch of us turn this into WDIS questions. Please post your calls, not your questions.

We're into the worst stretch of bye week hell the NFL has ever put us fantasy addicts through. So this thread is actually getting a little tougher to do because (at least for me anyways) I have a lot less 'choice' on my fantasy plate these days. But here goes anyways...

J.P. Losman over free agents Damon Huard, Steve McNair etc. - I've been riding with Leftwich all season and see no end to his Top-5'ish dream season, but I picked up Losman 2 weeks ago for bye-week filler because of this week's friendly matchup against the promiscuous Lions who seem to roll over for every opposing quarterback. I'm not expecting big numbers, but a serviceable day for Losman seems realistic here.

Leon Washington over Brandon Jacobs - With Chester on bye, Leon seems like a decent candidate to tote the rock about 15 times this week at home against the Dolphins. I'm a little disappointed to hear that Mangini still intends on starting Barlow (why? ego management at work here?), but it would appear Leon is in line to still get the bulk of the load.

Rex Grossman over Chad Pennington - You'd do the same.

So what are you stewing over this week?

MBIII and Maurice Morris over Lamont Jordan and Randy Moss in one leagues Rb and flex spots :bag:

I. Bruce over R. Moss in another

Carr over Kitna ..iI know who cares. (accorcing to the cheatsheets I'm wrong on this anyways)

Mike Furrey over Randy Moss due to Champ Bailey and the Raiders' O-Line.

Travis Henry over DeShawn Foster due to the Ravens' D.

Need a backfill for Fitz.

Not a sexy desesion but after hours of debating I've decided to start Bryant Johnson (vs Chi) over Arnez Battle (vs SD). I was one of the lucky ones to start Battle last week in place of DJax (bye).

Nethier have a good match up but I see AZ's chances of moving the ball in the air against Chi as better than SF's against SD. The bears are likely to be up early forcing AZ to throw and Boldin will be doubled most of the game. Chi has not allowed a passing TD this year but receivers have faired better against the bears than they have against SD as far as # of catches and yards.

Johnson has about 13yds/rec, Battle is at about 1/2 of that.

logic points to Johnson but everytime I've started a 49er in place of someone else the've had a big game (A. Smith in place of Bledsoe in wk 3, Battle for DJax last week) part of me says don't mess with the karma...

we'll see.

grossman over brunell

leon washington over whoever i could find on waivers. this a rough week for me with byes and injuries (alexander, deangelo williams)

Moulds (vs Dallas) getting the nod over Ward (vs. KC)

Between his hamstring and his quarterback Hines Ward has been downgraded to my #4 wr, behind S.Smith, Santana Moss and Eric Moulds. His trade value is very low too, and considering the last three weeks the Steelers have played pretty tough Ds, Jacksonville, Cinci and Diego, I'm not going to give him away just yet. Hopefully Ben gets things together, Hines has a few solid weeks in a row and his trade value moves up to a reasonable level. Having said that he won't be back in my lineup untill Roethlisberger proves he can complete passes to players on his own team.

Last edited by a moderator:
J-Rock said:
Need a backfill for Fitz.Not a sexy desesion but after hours of debating I've decided to start Bryant Johnson (vs Chi) over Arnez Battle (vs SD). I was one of the lucky ones to start Battle last week in place of DJax (bye).Nethier have a good match up but I see AZ's chances of moving the ball in the air against Chi as better than SF's against SD. The bears are likely to be up early forcing AZ to throw and Boldin will be doubled most of the game. Chi has not allowed a passing TD this year but receivers have faired better against the bears than they have against SD as far as # of catches and yards. Johnson has about 13yds/rec, Battle is at about 1/2 of that.logic points to Johnson but everytime I've started a 49er in place of someone else the've had a big game (A. Smith in place of Bledsoe in wk 3, Battle for DJax last week) part of me says don't mess with the karma...we'll see.
I have the same choice, and also am going with Johnson over Battle.Now, as for being comfortable about it.......well...........

grouse said:
DISCLAIMER: One thing this thread isn't or should be, is a WDIS thread. This isn't supposed to be a call for help. This is supposed to be a thread for people to post the tough lineup decisions they've ALREADY MADE or are expecting to make. Joe has already gone on record to say this thread has value but will be on a short leash if a bunch of us turn this into WDIS questions. Please post your calls, not your questions.

We're into the worst stretch of bye week hell the NFL has ever put us fantasy addicts through. So this thread is actually getting a little tougher to do because (at least for me anyways) I have a lot less 'choice' on my fantasy plate these days. But here goes anyways...

J.P. Losman over free agents Damon Huard, Steve McNair etc. - I've been riding with Leftwich all season and see no end to his Top-5'ish dream season, but I picked up Losman 2 weeks ago for bye-week filler because of this week's friendly matchup against the promiscuous Lions who seem to roll over for every opposing quarterback. I'm not expecting big numbers, but a serviceable day for Losman seems realistic here.

Leon Washington over Brandon Jacobs - With Chester on bye, Leon seems like a decent candidate to tote the rock about 15 times this week at home against the Dolphins. I'm a little disappointed to hear that Mangini still intends on starting Barlow (why? ego management at work here?), but it would appear Leon is in line to still get the bulk of the load.

Rex Grossman over Chad Pennington - You'd do the same.

So what are you stewing over this week?
This is a very tough week for me for both RBs and WRs. I am going with.....TBell and Fast Willie over McGahee and Maurice Morris

Roy Williams over Coles and MuMu- Coles injuries (plural) have me nervous, he missed part or all of Friday practice. Williams apparently looked good. May change tomorrow though. MuMu plays on MNF and I usually prefer someone playing on MNF.

The ones I've struggled with...

Hasselbeck over Kitna

Kitna over Delhomme

W.Parker over Gore and K.Jones

T.Bell over Westbrook and K.Jones

Dunn over Turner (Isn't this like a line from an Airplane movie? Maybe based on that I should flip it. :D )

T.O. and Evans over B.Johnson

Chambers over Evans

Moulds over Welker

Surely I won't get them all right.

ETA: Movie dialogue... (I was right)...

Simon: Unger, didn't you serve under Oveur in the Air Force?

Mr. Unger: Not directly. Technically, Dunn was under Oveur, and I was under Dunn.

Mr. Dunn: Yep.

Simon: So, Dunn, you were under Oveur, and over Unger.

Mr. Dunn: Yep.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Uhh, that's right. Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.

Mr. Unger: So, you see, both Dunn and I were under Oveur, even though I was under Dunn.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.

Last edited by a moderator:
benching moose and starting branch instead....

still dunno what i want to do ...

my wr's have been killing me each week.

Still don't know my #2 RB between Kevin Jones, DeShaun Foster or Jamal Lewis (sad, isn't it?)

McMichael over Desmond Clark - only a couple of weeks ago, I was going to cut McMichael. Clark has been downtrending over the past couple wks while McMichael "might" have found new life with Joey.

Not the worst decision to have but I'm going Ravens D over Chargers D. I think the Ravens are pissed after losing last week and will want to showcase at home. Chargers should easily win in SF but the 49ers have the talent to put up some pts and might turn it into a shootout (ie. 34-24) whereas the Ravens should keep the Panthers around 14 or less.

Not to bring up kickers but I've got Vanderjagt going over Kasay. I'm hoping that DAL will rebound and put up pts on HOU (hopefully not all XPs tho). Kasay may get a lot of long FG opps against BAL, which he's been money on this year. But, I'm hoping to get a sure 7-9 pts from Vanderjagt. Kasay may get 1-3 pts, he may get 12-15.

Users who are viewing this thread