What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 05 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Ugh, my four rostered RBs are Saquon, AJones, Javonte and Herbert. Herbert already played this week, it was just reported that Saquon is out, and Williams is reportedly a GTD.

Once Saquon is officially declared out I can put him on IR and pick up Breida, but since that's a 1:00 game and Broncos are at 4, I most likely won't know for sure at that point whether Javonte is playing. And if I wait and he's declared out, there's pretty much no one left to start.

So not really a WDIS question, more ... do I really have to start Breida?
I honestly think I would go with Jones and hope for the best. I just don't think much of Breida.

Stroud, CMC, Cook, LaPorta are locks.
Olave is a near lock.
Walker and Lockett on bye.

So I'm left with starting 2 of the following
Jaleel McLaughlin ... even if Javonte plays, he hasn't looked dynamic this year and now he's got an injury that will most likely affect his speed.
Rashee Rice going against Min D, 31st in the league against WR2.
Michael Wilson vs Cin. I'm ranking Wilson as a clear WR2 above Moore this week with Dobbs at QB.
Jayden Reed vs LV. Jordan Love's 55% completion rate and 225yds per game are concerning.

My opponent started Moore for 49 pts and has a solid projection across the rest of his roster, so forget a solid floor, I NEED high-upside variance.
I'm leaning Wilson and McLaughlin over Rice.
I've even entertained sitting Olave and starting Rice, the NO QB situation is significantly concerning.

Ugh, my four rostered RBs are Saquon, AJones, Javonte and Herbert. Herbert already played this week, it was just reported that Saquon is out, and Williams is reportedly a GTD.

Once Saquon is officially declared out I can put him on IR and pick up Breida, but since that's a 1:00 game and Broncos are at 4, I most likely won't know for sure at that point whether Javonte is playing. And if I wait and he's declared out, there's pretty much no one left to start.

I honestly think I would go with Jones and hope for the best. I just don't think much of Breida.
To clarify, I’m already starting Jones as my RB1. If he’s declared out I’m well and truly screwed. This is for my RB2. My options are Breida or Javonte, but I likely won’t know by 1:00 whether JW is playing.

It’s not about the matchup, it’s can I get a warm body in my lineup?

I have the unusual problem of too many RB's. Looking to move at least 1 for a STUD WR. In the meantime, trying to pick the flex spot, standard scoring, no PPR:
Pacheco vs Min - This is who the fantasy pro's pick but I'm not convinced.
Kamara vs NE - This is who I'm leaning towards but lack of TD's concerns me. Seems the best matchup.
K Williams vs Phi - Huge volume, terrible match
Taylor vs TEN - Not starting. I can wait to see what he does this week.

In the other RB positions is Henry and Jacobs and I feel like they are going to roll now after last week.
In non-ppr formats I'm less high on Kamara, particularly if Carr's shoulder isn't right. The Patriots defense is solid enough and probably better than they look on paper after facing the Eagles, Dolphins & Cowboys so far.

At this point we shouldn't question the Rams commitment to Kyren. I don't think he's a particularly strong runner but he gets plenty of usage and scoring opportunities. Kupp's return should help the offense too (yes he may vulture GL TDs). The opponent is tough against the run but not strong against the pass and middle of the pack in scoring D. And the Eagles have been letting teams stay in games all year.

Pacheco is getting good usage as well and has a good matchup. He may have a slightly lower utilization floor but this seems like a good start here.

For me I think its
Kyren>Pacheco>Kamara

Jeudy
v Jets
R Rice
v Vikings
I hate predicting any KC receivers but I like the upside of Rice here.

To clarify, I’m already starting Jones as my RB1. If he’s declared out I’m well and truly screwed. This is for my RB2. My options are Breida or Javonte, but I likely won’t know by 1:00 whether JW is playing.

Breida over J.Williams for sure.

who else on ww?

Probably, yes.

:kicksrock:

Ugly choices here, one point per first down, otherwise standard scoring, pick 1:

Khalif Raymond vs. Carolina
Michael Gallup at San Fran
Samaje Perine vs. NY Jets
Nick Westbrook-Ikhine @ Indy
Total blind dart throw IMO. No way to logic into a strong choice. But I would say pass on the morning game options.

If Javonte Williams is declared out Perine becomes your best option. And if Javonte plays...he's as good a spec play as anyone else.

Perine>...?

Jeudy v Jets
R Rice v Vikings
I probably go with Jeudy. He's played 17 more snaps in one fewer game, has only two fewer catches and 18 more yards. Wilson and the offense are playing well and he's just a bigger components of what the Broncos are trying to do on offense

Jeudy>Rice

I assumed Jones was starting and he needed a #2RB.

If you only need one RB @ignatiusjreilly it's absolutely Jones IMO.
Nah, he clarified that he is starting Jones and needs one more. You were correct the 1st time with starting Breida.

Stroud, CMC, Cook, LaPorta are locks.
Olave is a near lock.
Walker and Lockett on bye.

So I'm left with starting 2 of the following
Jaleel McLaughlin ... even if Javonte plays, he hasn't looked dynamic this year and now he's got an injury that will most likely affect his speed.
Rashee Rice going against Min D, 31st in the league against WR2.
Michael Wilson vs Cin. I'm ranking Wilson as a clear WR2 above Moore this week with Dobbs at QB.
Jayden Reed vs LV. Jordan Love's 55% completion rate and 225yds per game are concerning.

My opponent started Moore for 49 pts and has a solid projection across the rest of his roster, so forget a solid floor, I NEED high-upside variance.
I'm leaning Wilson and McLaughlin over Rice.
I've even entertained sitting Olave and starting Rice, the NO QB situation is significantly concerning.
Wilson feels like the right call but the reality is you are throwing a bunch of stuff against the wall and hoping something sticks. Carr's arm is definitely a concern, I have no idea why the Saints aren't starting Winston.

Personally I bet on talent and roll with Olave and hope for the best.

14 team, 1 PPR. Pick one flex:

Jayden Reed, Mims, Spears OR pick up Raymond, Woods, Ikhine, Austin, Skky Moore?

Jayden Reed, Mims, Spears OR pick up Raymond, Woods, Ikhine, Austin, Skky Moore?
I think you need to pick one because I have no earthly idea.

My impulse is to shoot for the big play and start Mims. Or go with Jayden and hope Watson is still limited. But there really isn't a great differentiator here.

Mims>Reed>...?

I think you need to pick one because I have no earthly idea.

My impulse is to shoot for the big play and start Mims. Or go with Jayden and hope Watson is still limited. But there really isn't a great differentiator here.

Mims>Reed>...?
Have Reed currently in but was thinking to pivot to Mims at 3pm with the Jets corners out.

Full PPR

Last of the starting offensive nine that I must start

D.J. Chark, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Odell Beckham, Ezekiel Elliott, Michael Gallup, or Allen Lazard

(I'm dying with bye week here)

Full PPR

D.J. Chark, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Odell Beckham, Ezekiel Elliott, Michael Gallup, or Allen Lazard

Wow. You know there just isn't a way to parse these options. I mean...my gut says start the guy you would most enjoy rooting for. That's probably Lazard for you. Even better because he has what looks to be a great matchup.

But, really how else can you work through these guys?

Even I might start Lazard here or maybe Chark under the assumption Carolina will be playing from behind.

Lazard>Chark... :shrug:

Wow. You know there just isn't a way to parse these options

They're bad.

I'm leaning Beckham, though Sigmund Bloom says Westbrook-Ikhine or Lazard, so seeing you say Lazard . . .

It's just that I absolutely do not trust Zach Wilson. At all. I think Lazard's touchdown last week was his last in a long while.

eta* Thanks for the time, though. I understand they're not great options and all bunched up as far as projections would go.

In .5 ppr and 1pt for TE league. Length of TD matters. Ex. Under 10 yds is 5 pts. 40 yds is 8. I'm waffling between London and Ertz. I want to play London, but Ritter sucks so I have Ertz in for now. Playing against top scoring team this week. So higher floor for Ertz, and higher ceiling for London.

Full PPR

Wow. You know there just isn't a way to parse these options. I mean...my gut says start the guy you would most enjoy rooting for. That's probably Lazard for you. Even better because he has what looks to be a great matchup.

But, really how else can you work through these guys?

Even I might start Lazard here or maybe Chark under the assumption Carolina will be playing from behind.

Lazard>Chark... :shrug:
I agree with this. In a coin toss decision, I go with the guy I want to be rooting for all day.

In .5 ppr and 1pt for TE league. Length of TD matters. Ex. Under 10 yds is 5 pts. 40 yds is 8. I'm waffling between London and Ertz. I want to play London, but Ritter sucks so I have Ertz in for now. Playing against top scoring team this week. So higher floor for Ertz, and higher ceiling for London.
I don't know for sure that London has a higher ceiling anymore. Neither team wants to throw the ball more than 30 times a game that's for sure, but Arizona has been much more efficient passing the ball than the Falcons have. Dobbs is completing 70% of his passes while Ridder is it 62%. Ertz has more targets, more catches more yards. He sees less opportunities near the GL but in the RZ he has 5 targets to 6 for London. He's probably the better play here.

Ertz>London

Have to sit one of Achane, Jacobs and Montgomery. Currently have Achane on the bench but it’s tough to look at!
LOL I get it. Montgomery is unbenchable IMO. I am not sure I am buying into the idea that Jacobs is back yet. The targets are nice but Garoppolo is starting so I don't expect to see another 11 this week.

I might bench Jacobs for Achane in a game where Miami looks to win handily (now the Giants are going to win of course). It appears he is the closer over Mostert in blowouts. And he still seems to see good usage early in games (not as much as Mostert ATM but that could change as the season progresses).

I have no problem woth
Achane>Jacobs

I don't know for sure that London has a higher ceiling anymore. Neither team wants to throw the ball more than 30 times a game that's for sure, but Arizona has been much more efficient passing the ball than the Falcons have. Dobbs is completing 70% of his passes while Ridder is it 62%. Ertz has more targets, more catches more yards. He sees less opportunities near the GL but in the RZ he has 5 targets to 6 for London. He's probably the better play here.

Ertz>London
Thank you sir

I have to say when I read this I didnt know whether to laugh at the sad situation or cry. I went with the laugh becuase laughter is almost better than tears....and Ive been there before so whatcha gonna do? Laugh it off imo.

I have to say when I read this I didnt know whether to laugh at the sad situation or cry. I went with the laugh becuase laughter is almost better than tears....and Ive been there before so whatcha gonna do? Laugh it off imo.
Right there with you. The situation is ridiculous. I watched the Giants game live, and it quickly became apparent that Breida had lost his starting job. Not that it would have mattered if he were the RB1 in that putrid offense.

But hey, at least he outscored Javonte!

Sup fellas … SNF / MNF start sit question for you guys.

.5ppr

I ran up against Tua and Tyreek this afternoon. But I’ve also got a nice Hurts / AJ / Goedert triple stack with a CMC sprinkled on top.

My final flex is between:

Deebo Vs DAL (SNF)

Or

Christian Watson @ LV (MNF)

(I know I asked a version of this question during the week, but wanted to ask again now that it’s post witching hour)

Thanks dudes and dudettes

.5ppr

I ran up against Tua and Tyreek this afternoon. But I’ve also got a nice Hurts / AJ / Goedert triple stack with a CMC sprinkled on top.

Deebo Vs DAL (SNF)

Or

(I know I asked a version of this question during the week, but wanted to ask again now that it’s post witching hour)

I’d be nervous about Deebo. He’s not close to 100 percent. And we saw how that turned out last week

Last edited:

.5ppr

Deebo Vs DAL (SNF)

Or

I’d be nervous about Deebo. He’s not close to 100 percent. And we saw how that turned out last week
Both carry a risk of limited production due to injury but IMO Watson is probably trending up and has a significantly better matchup.

Watson>Deebo

It just gets ridiculouser and ridiculouser!

Now word is that Jones is unlikely to play. And the worst part is, I still theoretically have a shot at winning my matchup! (Down 28 in a full PPR with my Jones/Davante to his Meyers). But at this point, I would need to drop Michael Wilson or Jayden Reed for ... Zamir White? Amir Abdullah? (AJ Dillon actually isn't rostered in this league, but because he was just dropped he won't clear waivers until Wednesday).

I think I'm just waving the white flag and praying for an absolute blowup game from Davante.

ETA: So for those of you scoring at home, I had five RBs on my roster heading into this weekend: Saquon, Jones, Javonte, Herbert, and Jeff Wilson. The only one who played this week was Herbert, but it was on Thursday before I knew that all the others would be out, and he got injured halfway through his game

Last edited:

Now word is that Jones is unlikely to play. And the worst part is, I still theoretically have a shot at winning my matchup! (Down 28 in a full PPR with my Jones/Davante to his Meyers). But at this point, I would need to drop Michael Wilson or Jayden Reed for ... Zamir White? Amir Abdullah? (AJ Dillon actually isn't rostered in this league, but because he was just dropped he won't clear waivers until Wednesday).

I think I'm just waving the white flag and praying for an absolute blowup game from Davante.

ETA: So for those of you scoring at home, I had five RBs on my roster heading into this weekend: Saquon, Jones, Javonte, Herbert, and Jeff Wilson. The only one who played this week was Herbert, but it was on Thursday before I knew that all the others would be out, and he got injured halfway through his game
Dynasty or redraft?

In redraft do you really think Reed or Wilson will get picked up before you can reacquire them? Is it that big of a loss if you can't? Do you view either as a Kingmaker?

PPR opponent has Davonte Adams vs GB (Maybe not 100%) our score is tie

I have to choose one of these two :

Jakobi Meyers vs GB (Hope LV uses Adams as more of a decoy or less volume with hurt shoulder)

or

Doubs vs LV?

Dynasty or redraft?

In redraft do you really think Reed or Wilson will get picked up before you can reacquire them? Is it that big of a loss if you can't? Do you view either as a Kingmaker?
Redraft, and they probably won't. If I had to drop them to pick up Dillon, I would. But to pick up one of the two backup RBs on the Raiders? Or this Taylor guy, who literally just got promoted from the GB practice squad this afternoon? When I'm already facing steep odds to pull off a comeback? Doesn't seem worth it

Jakobi Meyers vs GB (Hope LV uses Adams as more of a decoy or less volume with hurt shoulder)

or

Doubs vs LV?
I think both decent options but, tonight I wouldn't bet against Adams.

Doubs>Jakobi

Dynasty or redraft?

Redraft, and they probably won't. If I had to drop them to pick up Dillon, I would. But to pick up one of the two backup RBs on the Raiders? Or this Taylor guy, who literally just got promoted from the GB practice squad this afternoon? When I'm already facing steep odds to pull off a comeback? Doesn't seem worth it
Come on man, it's not over!!!

or

Doubs vs LV?
Oh man, that's tough. Sorry to say it, but you're probably screwed.

If you have strong feelings as to which WR you think will do better, then go with that. But otherwise, from a strategic perspective, I would look at it this way: Unless Adams is really limited, it's difficult to imagine a scenario where Meyers outscores him (especially given that it's his revenge game, so they're probably going to try to feed him, particularly down by the goal line). But it is possible to imagine a scenario where LV's offense craps the bed and Doubs outscores Adams. So on that basis I would go with Doubs.

But like I said, you're probably screwed either way

Dynasty or redraft?

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!?

or

Doubs vs LV?

Doubs>Jakobi
ETA: Nate Hobbs is out for the Raiders and it looks like Jakorian Bennett may be as well. They're elevating warm-ish bodies from the practice squad to play DB.

or

Doubs vs LV?

Doubs>Jakobi
ETA: Nate Hobbs is out for the Raiders and it looks like Jakorian Bennett may be as well. They're elevating warm-ish bodies from the practice squad to play DB.
thanks

Dynasty or redraft?

Would just like to point out that, as of halftime, Jones has scored as many points as White or Abdullah, and has actually outscored Patrick Taylor (1 carry for -3 yards) :lmao:

or

Doubs vs LV?
Oh man, that's tough. Sorry to say it, but you're probably screwed.

If you have strong feelings as to which WR you think will do better, then go with that. But otherwise, from a strategic perspective, I would look at it this way: Unless Adams is really limited, it's difficult to imagine a scenario where Meyers outscores him (especially given that it's his revenge game, so they're probably going to try to feed him, particularly down by the goal line). But it is possible to imagine a scenario where LV's offense craps the bed and Doubs outscores Adams. So on that basis I would go with Doubs.

But like I said, you're probably screwed either way
Oh man, hope you didn't listen to me. Because it really does look like Davante is limited and is being used as a decoy

Users who are viewing this thread