What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 05 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

standard league No PPR

mostert vs NYG
B Robinson vs Chi
Jacobs vs GB
Connor vs Cinn
Pierce vs ATL?

need 2. Presently have B Rob. and Jacobs in lineup?
I'm not going to argue against your choices.

Robinson's matchup is too good.
Pierce has been too inefficient considering you have better options.

Speaking of inefficiency I could make an argument against Jacobs because it's not a PPR league but his volume is great and the opponent is not good against the run so far. Still, the Raiders have done nothing to inspire confidence in any aspect of their offense.

BUT Mostert is facing a great matchup at home in the humidity and heat. It really looks like another blowout (watch the Giants win 10-7 now) so there should be scoring opportunities for the Dolphin RBs. There is some concern with Achane as a vulture and the possibility of the team resting Mostert a little early if the game is out of hand as happened against both the Broncos and Bills. But he certainly has an opportunity. Honestly he may be your best play.

Conner has been better than any RB has a right to be on that team. He's just been flat out good 5.1 ypc and 2 TDs. And the Bengals have been bad vs the run so far. Conner is not so great out of the backfield though. Honestly he may be your best play...oh, now I see the problem.

It really is a coin toss between Jacobs, Conner & Mostert and if we're honestly judging by how this season has played out and the relative trajectory of these teams I think you may want to consider

B.Robinson

Mostert>Conner>Jacobs

To be clear, I am not sure I could sit with that decision when it comes to kickoff time but it feels right on paper.

PPR need 1

Pierce vs ATL

or

perine vs Jets

or

J warren vs Balt?
Pierce simply based on volume. We have no idea about Javonte or what Jaleel's role might be and Warren is the lesser part of a 60:40 time share. Don't get me wrong, Warren has been very steady in that role but I don't see much upside barring a Najee injury.

Pierce>Warren

PPR League.

I've been offered J. Gibbs for J. Warren and R. Doubs.

Primary motivation for me to do the trade:

* I own Monty. I'd own the DET running game. And this team wants to run.
* I more or less went zero RB and I'm looking for upside later in the year. I'm now 3-1. Gibbs, while he looks a little shaky now, could pay off when it really counts.

Here's my current roster without Gibbs:

* QB: L. Jackson
* RB: D. Montgomery, Kyren Williams, R. Mostert, D. Pierce, K. Herbert (J. Warren, Z. Moss, T. Spears)
* WR: A ST Brown, B. Aiyuk, T. Dell, R. Doubs, W. Robinson
* TE: T. Kelce
* D: DET (STream)

I'm a little light on WRs, but I tend to like it that way. My best teams are maxed out historically at RB and usually I hit on lottos (and so far so good with Kyren, Moss).

Would hope that Dell takes a step up.

Don't love giving up Warren, but I'm not sure there's hope for the PIT offense and they seem stubborn with N. Harris as lead.

Secure Gibbs for Doubs?

Thanks!

PPR League.

* I more or less went zero RB and I'm looking for upside later in the year. I'm now 3-1. Gibbs, while he looks a little shaky now, could pay off when it really counts.

* RB: D. Montgomery, Kyren Williams, R. Mostert, D. Pierce, K. Herbert (J. Warren, Z. Moss, T. Spears)

I'm a little light on WRs, but I tend to like it that way. My best teams are maxed out historically at RB and usually I hit on lottos (and so far so good with Kyren, Moss).

Don't love giving up Warren, but I'm not sure there's hope for the PIT offense and they seem stubborn with N. Harris as lead.

Secure Gibbs for Doubs?

Thanks!
So long as you are good with your WR depth, and it seems you are, I absolutely try to corner the Detroit running game. Warren is no loss with your RB depth.

Thanks a bunch. I was on the ledge. Just changed it. Therefore, I will rain hell fire down upon you if you are wrong. I have no agency over my team.
You're going to have to take a number.

I hate the Carolina matchup, they're bad and the Lions have a strong defense, but how can you bench an 18 touch guy for someone who may only see six?

I hate the Carolina matchup, they're bad and the Lions have a strong defense, but how can you bench an 18 touch guy for someone who may only see six?

My thought process exactly, but Sanders has a groin issue that has been bothering him all year and it's been re-aggravated. They don't even know for sure if he'll play. He likely will, but they don't know for sure.

And his effectiveness is suspect. I'm hoping he gets a goal line carry and falls forward for a touchdown.

If Washington gets out to a lead tonight, you might see more Johnson.

couple of conundrums:

QB (4 point passing)
  • Goff at home v CAR
  • Burrow at ARI
Goff has phenomenal home splits, return of Jamo, LaPorta is balling, but Josh Reynolds (groin - LP) and ARSB (abdominal - DNP) will be less 100%. CAR has been a top 5ish DT in FF Pts Allowed to QBs. Burrow is a much better matchup but he's been horrific. Says he didn't have any setbacks in the last game and he's feeling healthy, missing Tee. Hard to trust him.

DST
  • BAL at PIT
  • DET v CAR
Ravens were rolling last week v the DTR led Browns and are getting healthier, Steelers offense has struggled. Lions have been playing at very high level and are very tough v the run. Brian Branch appears unlikely to play but Kerby Joseph is back and Emmanuel Moseley makes his season debut. NOTE: our scoring system accounts for Yards Allowed, 3 and Outs Forced, 4th Down Stops, Tackles for Loss, along with traditional PA, Sacks, and Turnovers.

.5 ppr for RB, full PPR for WR

Need one for the flex:
R.Stevenson vs a tough Saints Front
C.Sutton vs Jets (Sauce)
J.Addison vs KC
J.McLaughlin vs tough NYJ front

Given Addisons lower snap rate and didn't get a recordable target last week its hard to put him in.
Sutton will be shadowed by Sauce, but has had a decent year so far.
Stevenson faces a tough matchup, and still trying to figure out the usage there.
Picked up McLaughlin in FAAB this week, more for future, but is he a good run this week?

Currently I have Sutton in there - see it differently?

Kupp if active, immediate start in what I have to pick thru at WR.
PPR format, Redraft

WR2/3/4 in no real order

-Gabriel Davis, he's been low volume, high production guy but that can't hit every week, I hate those London games
-Christian Kirk, same game as Gabe, hard to take him out of my line up
-Reshee Rice, I like the match up but he can go a long time between targets or even being involved int he game plan much early in these games.
I have Pacheco likely going in my RB2 or Flex spot, already feel like I will cash in on the Vikings

I have Amari Cooper on a Bye Week
-I have a new toy, his name is Michael Wilson, knew nothing about him until last week and I grabbed him off waivers this week.

I need to start 3 WRs and I could Flex 1, but I'm likely to go Breece Hall/I.Pacheco as my RB2 and possible Flex meaning I play both and send Gibbs to the bench

1. Cooper Kupp, easy start with the mess I have right now
2. Christian Kirk, Fact is 3 weeks in a row, lots of targets and is ahead of Ridley BUT, Zay Jones is back this week
3, Michael Wilson, I don't see how I can just keep him on the bench. He's getting better and better, Bengals from the AFC at home, I lie the match up.
4. Gabe Davis, been saving my bacon lately
5. R. Rice
6. Amari Cooper-Bye
7. Shaheed...he is being cut the minute Kupp is activated, we have a designated I/R slot only way I am carrying 7 WRs, most of them shaky I know.

What say you Chaka?

Gotta admit I'm a little shaken by the Commanders v Bears game.

How can Sam Howell throw the ball 51 times for 388 yards & 2 TDs and McLaurin & Dotson only see 5 targets each? Neither of them cracked 50 yards!!?

:tumbleweed::penalty::sadbanana::kicksrock::shrug::toilet::crazy::no::porked::yucky::suds:

Last edited:
0.5 PPR, pick two:
  • Rhamondre vs NO
  • DHop @ Indy
  • Meyers vs GB
  • Wilson vs Cinci
  • Reed @ LV
  • Dell @ Atl
Leaning Hopkins/Meyers, but could be talked into Wilson. I'm a heavy favorite, so thinking more floor guys

Non-PPR, pick three:
  • Higgins @ AZ (in if he plays, which suddenly sounds like a possibility)
  • Atwell vs Phi
  • Wilson vs Cinci
  • Sutton vs NYJ
  • Addison vs KC
  • Reed @ LV
Leaning Higgins, Atwell and Wilson, plus Sutton if Higgins sits. But all of these guys have warts/uncertainty. I'm a heavy underdog in this one.

couple of conundrums:

QB (4 point passing)
  • Goff at home v CAR
  • Burrow at ARI
Goff has phenomenal home splits, return of Jamo, LaPorta is balling, but Josh Reynolds (groin - LP) and ARSB (abdominal - DNP) will be less 100%. CAR has been a top 5ish DT in FF Pts Allowed to QBs. Burrow is a much better matchup but he's been horrific. Says he didn't have any setbacks in the last game and he's feeling healthy, missing Tee. Hard to trust him.

DST
  • BAL at PIT
  • DET v CAR
Ravens were rolling last week v the DTR led Browns and are getting healthier, Steelers offense has struggled. Lions have been playing at very high level and are very tough v the run. Brian Branch appears unlikely to play but Kerby Joseph is back and Emmanuel Moseley makes his season debut. NOTE: our scoring system accounts for Yards Allowed, 3 and Outs Forced, 4th Down Stops, Tackles for Loss, along with traditional PA, Sacks, and Turnovers.
I also have a few reservations about Goff this week. The reason Carolina has strong pass defense metrics is because teams have been running all over them. They are 2nd in pass attempts against but 24th in yards surrendered as well as 30th in net yards gained per attempt. Goff could easily have a good passing day against a defense like this but their real weakness plays right into Detroit's strength. I could see another 40+ rushing attempts from Detroit.

Burrow is off the injury report so, that's going to be good enough for me...for at least one more week.
Burrow>Goff

Second one is easy for me. The Lions D-line is too strong IMO and I think the Steelers circle the wagons better than anyone. No easy outs in the AFC Central (North, whatever)
Detroit>Baltimore

.5 ppr for RB, full PPR for WR

Need one for the flex:
R.Stevenson vs a tough Saints Front
C.Sutton vs Jets (Sauce)
J.Addison vs KC
J.McLaughlin vs tough NYJ front

Given Addisons lower snap rate and didn't get a recordable target last week its hard to put him in.
Sutton will be shadowed by Sauce, but has had a decent year so far.
Stevenson faces a tough matchup, and still trying to figure out the usage there.
Picked up McLaughlin in FAAB this week, more for future, but is he a good run this week?

Currently I have Sutton in there - see it differently?
I look at the volume plays here. I am not sure Sauce is going to be stuck on Sutton but I understand the concern. The Broncos have been pretty good throwing the ball this year so I think there should be opportunities for Sutton.

Rhamondre has been a big disappointment but this is a winnable game for the Patriots with Carr still nursing a bum shoulder. The Saints are a strong defense but I don't think they are so strong that they become prohibitive.

I think it's close between these two and I could easily pick either one, so I think you should stick with Sutton. Personally I lean
Rhamondre>Sutton

Kupp if active, immediate start in what I have to pick thru at WR.
PPR format, Redraft

WR2/3/4 in no real order

-Gabriel Davis, he's been low volume, high production guy but that can't hit every week, I hate those London games
-Christian Kirk, same game as Gabe, hard to take him out of my line up
-Reshee Rice, I like the match up but he can go a long time between targets or even being involved int he game plan much early in these games.
I have Pacheco likely going in my RB2 or Flex spot, already feel like I will cash in on the Vikings

I have Amari Cooper on a Bye Week
-I have a new toy, his name is Michael Wilson, knew nothing about him until last week and I grabbed him off waivers this week.

I need to start 3 WRs and I could Flex 1, but I'm likely to go Breece Hall/I.Pacheco as my RB2 and possible Flex meaning I play both and send Gibbs to the bench

1. Cooper Kupp, easy start with the mess I have right now
2. Christian Kirk, Fact is 3 weeks in a row, lots of targets and is ahead of Ridley BUT, Zay Jones is back this week
3, Michael Wilson, I don't see how I can just keep him on the bench. He's getting better and better, Bengals from the AFC at home, I lie the match up.
4. Gabe Davis, been saving my bacon lately
5. R. Rice
6. Amari Cooper-Bye
7. Shaheed...he is being cut the minute Kupp is activated, we have a designated I/R slot only way I am carrying 7 WRs, most of them shaky I know.

What say you Chaka?
I say that is a somewhat confusing question. You need 3 WRs, a RB2 and a flex, is that right?

Yes, Kupp if he plays
Christian Kirk & Gabe Davis seem like obvious choices over Shaheed & Rice. I honestly cannot make a single argument for the latter two over Kirk & Davis.

Kupp>Kirk>Davis>>>>Rice>Shaheed

For a flex I think you have two good options in Hall & Pacheco. I am really coming around on Pacheco but I think Denver has become a must start against defense. I also believe that Saleh said Breece is not on any kind of snap count or restriction anymore. Gibbs is an interesting option in a PPR, and as a manager myself I would hate to see him have a big game on my bench, but I think both Pacheco & Hall will see more meaningful touches than Gibbs who cedes 100% of GL opportunities to Montgomery.

Hall>Pacheco>Gibbs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rice>Shaheed

0.5 PPR, pick two:
  • Rhamondre vs NO
  • DHop @ Indy
  • Meyers vs GB
  • Wilson vs Cinci
  • Reed @ LV
  • Dell @ Atl
Leaning Hopkins/Meyers, but could be talked into Wilson. I'm a heavy favorite, so thinking more floor guys

Non-PPR, pick three:
  • Atwell vs Phi
  • Wilson vs Cinci
  • Sutton vs NYJ
  • Addison vs KC
  • Reed @ LV
Leaning Higgins, Atwell and Wilson, plus Sutton if Higgins sits. But all of these guys have warts/uncertainty. I'm a heavy underdog in this one.
If Garoppolo clears the concussion protocol then I can see Meyers, otherwise I would be very hesitant to start him with O'Connell at QB.

Personally I am not buying the Wilson hype yet some say he is trending up, and that may be true but I would like to see that trend play out for one more game before I consider him in my lineup. No real interest in Reed with Watson & Jones presumably a week healthier. He does see a lot of RZ work though so maybe a speculative play. I understand not wanting to use Dell if you are looking at floor (personally I put zero value in fantasy website AI score predictions) but he does have 10 target upside. The question is can he rebound or is Nico now the 100% first option with Woods/Dell fighting for table scraps?

I am not sure why you are ruling out Rhamondre. Any RB seeing 19 looks/game needs to be considered, particularly in a game they should win. The Saints D is pretty good but their offense could struggle again if Carr isn't ready with his shoulder, and he was limited yesterday.

I can see Hopkins with a reasonable floor but I question if he has a worthwhile ceiling in this offense? IDK but at some point I imagine he will have one of those retro glory day games and it could be this week...or not. But 5 catches for 60 yards seems reasonable.

Personally
Rhamondre>Hopkins>Meyers*>Dell

For your second one I agree on Higgins but would put Sutton over Atwell. It looks like Kupp expected to play and I really wonder how that shakes things up with Atwell. He may still see his 9 targets/game but since it's a standard league that isn't nearly as interesting as he doesn't seem like much of a scoring option in that offense.

You seem pretty high on Wilson and between him Atwell, Addison & Reed I can't come up with a reasonable argument against him so I think you should roll with him. But I do like both Reed & Addison more than Atwell simply because I think they have a somewhat higher possibility of finding the end zone.

Sutton>Higgins>Wilson>Addison>Reed>Atwell

PPR

Flex option
Gibbs v Carolina Q - Hamstring
Flowers @ Pittsburgh
Doubs @ Las Vegas
Jameson v Carolina

Have Gibbs in there now but Flowers is nagging at me.

Last edited:
0.5 PPR, pick two:
  • Rhamondre vs NO
  • DHop @ Indy
  • Meyers vs GB
  • Wilson vs Cinci
  • Reed @ LV
  • Dell @ Atl

Non-PPR, pick three:
  • Atwell vs Phi
  • Wilson vs Cinci
  • Sutton vs NYJ
  • Addison vs KC
  • Reed @ LV
If Garoppolo clears the concussion protocol then I can see Meyers, otherwise I would be very hesitant to start him with O'Connell at QB.

Personally I am not buying the Wilson hype yet some say he is trending up, and that may be true but I would like to see that trend play out for one more game before I consider him in my lineup. No real interest in Reed with Watson & Jones presumably a week healthier. He does see a lot of RZ work though so maybe a speculative play. I understand not wanting to use Dell if you are looking at floor (personally I put zero value in fantasy website AI score predictions) but he does have 10 target upside. The question is can he rebound or is Nico now the 100% first option with Woods/Dell fighting for table scraps?

I am not sure why you are ruling out Rhamondre. Any RB seeing 19 looks/game needs to be considered, particularly in a game they should win. The Saints D is pretty good but their offense could struggle again if Carr isn't ready with his shoulder, and he was limited yesterday.

I can see Hopkins with a reasonable floor but I question if he has a worthwhile ceiling in this offense? IDK but at some point I imagine he will have one of those retro glory day games and it could be this week...or not. But 5 catches for 60 yards seems reasonable.

Personally

For your second one I agree on Higgins but would put Sutton over Atwell. It looks like Kupp expected to play and I really wonder how that shakes things up with Atwell. He may still see his 9 targets/game but since it's a standard league that isn't nearly as interesting as he doesn't seem like much of a scoring option in that offense.

You seem pretty high on Wilson and between him Atwell, Addison & Reed I can't come up with a reasonable argument against him so I think you should roll with him. But I do like both Reed & Addison more than Atwell simply because I think they have a somewhat higher possibility of finding the end zone.

You make some excellent points, which has left me more confused than ever. So, uh, thanks? :oldunsure:

PPR

Flex option
Gibbs v Carolina
Flowers @ Pittsburgh
Doubs @ Las Vegas
Jameson v Carolina

Have Gibbs in there now but Flowers is nagging at me.
I do like Flowers there. I don't have Gibbs anywhere, but I think if I did I would be in "need to see it" mode. Doubs is probably the safest (although there is the unknown of GB having everyone healthy).

Given all that I would say Flowers-Doubs-Gibbs, but I don't feel super strongly about any of those choices

0.5 PPR, pick two:
  • Rhamondre vs NO
  • DHop @ Indy
  • Meyers vs GB
  • Wilson vs Cinci
  • Reed @ LV
  • Dell @ Atl

Non-PPR, pick three:
  • Atwell vs Phi
  • Wilson vs Cinci
  • Sutton vs NYJ
  • Addison vs KC
  • Reed @ LV

Personally

You make some excellent points, which has left me more confused than ever. So, uh, thanks? :oldunsure:
Remember, I'm the guy who told someone yesterday to start both McLaurin & Dotson so don't put too much stock in what I say. I am here strictly to provide entertainment and fill a dead spot in my soul.

PPR

Flex option
Gibbs v Carolina
Flowers @ Pittsburgh
Doubs @ Las Vegas
Jameson v Carolina

If it's PPR, I'm going Doubs, even with Watson healthy. Seems like Doubs is the first thing Love looks at. I still don't trust Flowers and that offense yet.

Doubs>Flowers>Gibbs>Jameson Williams

Cousins v KC
Richardson v Tenn

It's gotta be Richardson, right?
So close for me. The biggest variable in this choice is we havent seen Richardson and Taylor on the field together. Will Moss and Taylor reduce Richardsons rushing attempts? Tough call. I do believe Jefferson could have 200 yards by himself. If I'm a heavy underdog and it looks bleak Id prolly gamble Richardson. In most cases id roll out Cousins against Mahomes.

Last edited:
PPR League. Question is, should I pickup R. Rivers for Kyren Williams insurance?

Been riding Kyren, but it's been well noted that Kyren is small and probably can't take all this pounding.

The LAR offense looks potent. Kupp coming back. Puka. Tutu. ANd Stafford is slinging it.

In addition, if Kyren were to get hurt, McVay seems to be a guy that just runs the #1 into the ground.

I'd have to drop:

* Z. Moss

or

* T. Spears

Would like to hang onto Spears, but Moss looks like he's expiring (unless Taylor is traded).

My RB Depth: Kyren, D. Montgomery, R. Mostert, D. Pierce, J. Gibbs, K. Herbert, Z. Moss, T. Spears

Drop someone? Who?

Or sit tight?

Thanks!

Well with Amon Ra St Brown doubtful, I got my first real decision this week...

Full PPR:
Darren Waller (@ Miami)
or
Jameson Williams (vs Carolina)

@Chaka

I'm out of my element with those scoring settings. I looked up consensus, and they are ranked 6th and 7th this week.

For times like this, it's too bad you can't have the software just pick one at random for you...because who doesn't like surprises? And if the incorrect player is chosen, you can feel good knowing it's not your fault...It's Bill Gates' fault!

@Chaka

I'm out of my element with those scoring settings. I looked up consensus, and they are ranked 6th and 7th this week.

For times like this, it's too bad you can't have the software just pick one at random for you...because who doesn't like surprises? And if the incorrect player is chosen, you can feel good knowing it's not your fault...It's Bill Gates' fault!
LOL I like it.

Thanks

1/2 point ppr
rb Mostert at home vs NYG or Breece Hall vs Denver ( supposedly Hall no longer has a snap restriction)

wr Josh Reynolds vs Car if St Brown doesnt play vs watson @ LV or Mims vs NYJ need 1

need 1 flex
Mostert or breece hall orrrr 1 of the wr's that are left over from the wr list

thanks for the advice. I shall go answer some others now.

Michael Wilson vs. Cin or Tank Dell @ Atl? Non-PPR. I keep flipping between the two. Currently leaning Tank.
Dell seems to be feast or famine and Wilson is off a big game against a better defense than they will be facing. I personally would be starting Wilson not expecting a huge game but if I felt like I needed a higher ceiling I would probably go dell. I see them close as do you.

RoS question.

In a PPR who do you like better Nico Collins or Michael Pittman?

I am trying to ignore recency bias on this one. Nico scored 46% of his season points this week. Going into week 4 Pittman had outscored Nico by 9 points.

Same question between Khalil Herbert & Jerome Ford?

Ford is on the better team and has a better schedule, possibly less competition, but Herbert is simply more talented. Probably by a good margin.
Collins vs Pittman is a toughie. I think they are comparable but Nico has more competition. So far Houston has passed more than expected but Im not sure that keeps up. I lean Pittman by just a bit.

The second one is tougher partly due to Herberts injury. Im really not sold on either but IMO Ford has looked pretty bad. I guess I still lean Ford in a better situation but not very confident in either. If the injury turns out to be more than a slight injury Ford is the obvious choice.

Who would you rather have question. PPR league.

* R. Doubs -- Getting targeted but C. Watson not really back yet. Could he still be Love's #1? Maybe.

or

* T. Dell -- Had two great games, but then laid an egg. Stroud looks legit and this team is looking to pass. O Line could get healthier too so this team could get frisky on offense.

Note: Either one of these guys acting as my #3 WR. I'm looking to trade one away in a deal to get J. Gibbs.

Thanks!
I prefer Doubs since there is a chance he stays wr1 in GB. Not yet sold on Dell . I think if there is a chance of one of them falling to outside a wr 3 its dell.

Non-PPR

Need 2 Bjan vs Houston, Pollard @SF, or Achane vs NYG. Am I crazy to think about sitting Pollard?

Thank you, Chaka!
Yes lol..... Here is the thing. All are great starts. Bijan gets all the carries vs Hou. Pollard gets the vast majority vs SF, and Achange, as good as he has been, still shares carries with Mostert. The only thing that might give me pause for Pollard is the SF defense seems to be pretty good BUT if you look closer they are ranked in the low 20s and the best2rbs they have faced are kyren williams who did well and conner who didnt.

Back again for a flex spot:

1ppr, 6/TD

Z Flowers (@ PIT)
-or-
C Watson (@ LV)

Bateman is back and Odell may be as well. Obviously still waiting for Watson to get back in full regular season rhythm.
Odell doesnt scare me Bateman has been so bad I dropped him 2 weeks ago. Pittsburghs defense has been torched by #1 wrs giving up 6 tds and nearly 600 yds in 4 weeks. Watson may have a nice game or he may be on a snap count again. LV defense has given up 200 ish yds and 1 td to other teams #1s (including diggs) For me its flowers and its not particularly close.

1.0 PPR, 6/TD

Etienne or Achane? It’s hard not to want to trot out Achane until he doesn’t score 25+, but ETN feels safer.
Ettienne plays Buffalo who has done reasonable with rbs untill last week when....... Achane torched them lol. Achane plays against a NYG team that cant score points nor keep their QB upright. Ettiene has been steady but as bad as Jax offense has been if Bufflao goes up big Ettiene could have less usage. I would start Achane as I see both a higher floor and a much higher upside for Achane.

Cousins v KC
Richardson v Tenn

Scoring settings?
LOL fair.

Pretty standard. 4pt TD pass, 6pt TD rush. Point per 15 rush & 50 pass yards.
I have never had a league with that scoring so I would be surprised if that is standard. My leagues are mostly 6 points all TDs and 1 point for 10 yards rush/receive and 1 point for 20 or 25 yards passing. In my scoring systems I like Cousins quite a bit more. In your scoring I might lean towards Richardson slightly.

PPR League.

Secure Gibbs for Doubs?

Thanks!

PPR League.

Secure Gibbs for Doubs?

Thanks!
So long as you are good with your WR depth, and it seems you are, I absolutely try to corner the Detroit running game. Warren is no loss with your RB depth.
I think to answer this question better I would like to know 2 things: Whether your leagues make a ton of trades or not and more importantly what are your lineup requirements?

You currently have 8 rbs and 5 wrs. If you are in a start 3 wr league going to 4 wrs is incredibly light. Especially this early in the bye week season. Especially with St Brown with a mystery abdomen injury that will almost definitely sideline him this week.....and who knows till they clarify. If you are in a heavy trading league you can more easily get yourself out of the hole at wr if you were to make the trade. While its possible to trade for Gibbs and now have 2 startable rbs there ( best case scenario) its also possible Gibbs gets even more work and ends up making both of them not what you want in a starter (worst case scenario) Most likely you end up with 1 startable player out of the 2 with injury upside if 1 gets hurt. Also lineup comes into play in figuring out just how bare or non bare the WW is. In a 12 team start 3 wr 10 lineup spots very few #5ish wrs are still out there so without injuries pickens are slim there. Assuming you left nobody out, and assuming youre in a 12 team league there are 12 more players on your ww if you start only 2 wrs that helps a ton. If you start only 8 (I noticed you dont have a K so I assumed either 9 or 8 starters) but at 8 thats 24 more on your ww. All this minutia would be huge to me in deciding to go that thin at wr, especially before byes.

Im like Chaka if youre ok with the lack of depth getting Giibs is a good idea.... BUT without answers to my questions no way I personally would be that thin at wr.

Put it this way:
best case scenario: You start only 8 players with 2 wrs mandatory in a trading league. That I could live with.
worst case scenario: you start 9 or more players in a non trading league. No way no how I make that trade. Not without another startable wr on my roster.

smaller than 12 team league? Have a party and knock yourself out lol

Cousins
v KC
Richardson
v Tenn

It's gotta be
Richardson
, right?

Scoring settings?
LOL fair.

I have never had a league with that scoring so I would be surprised if that is standard. My leagues are mostly 6 points all TDs and 1 point for 10 yards rush/receive and 1 point for 20 or 25 yards passing. In my scoring systems I like
Cousins
quite a bit more. In your scoring I might lean towards
Richardson
slightly.
Cousins v KC
Richardson v Tenn

Scoring settings?
LOL fair.

Wow you guys really hate quarterbacks dont you lol The 1-50 passing devalues the qb more than the 1-15 rushing does so that devalues the imobile qbs like Cousins in comparison to the mobile ones like richardson..

I ran the numbers:

Cousins as the #2 qb in my league averaging 31.07 in my league (6 pts per td standard 1/10 1/ either 20 or 25 cant remember) averages a whopping 17.37 in yours.

Richardson on the other hand is averaging 18.01 for 3 games or 21.7 for 2.5 games (knocked out by injury in 1st half) 27.4 per game in my point system or 32.9 if you count 2 1/2 games.

Simply put your point system is far more punitive to imobile quarterbacks

Having said that KC is far better against qbs than Tenn is. In my point system I have it as a true toss up.... In yours looks like Richardson is the choice ....and by what I would guess is at least 5 or 6 spots ,,,,or more.

PPR League.

Secure Gibbs for Doubs?

Thanks!

PPR League.

Secure Gibbs for Doubs?

Thanks!
I think to answer this question better I would like to know 2 things: Whether your leagues make a ton of trades or not and more importantly what are your lineup requirements?

You currently have 8 rbs and 5 wrs. If you are in a start 3 wr league going to 4 wrs is incredibly light. Especially this early in the bye week season. Especially with St Brown with a mystery abdomen injury that will almost definitely sideline him this week.....and who knows till they clarify. If you are in a heavy trading league you can more easily get yourself out of the hole at wr if you were to make the trade. While its possible to trade for Gibbs and now have 2 startable rbs there ( best case scenario) its also possible Gibbs gets even more work and ends up making both of them not what you want in a starter (worst case scenario) Most likely you end up with 1 startable player out of the 2 with injury upside if 1 gets hurt. Also lineup comes into play in figuring out just how bare or non bare the WW is. In a 12 team start 3 wr 10 lineup spots very few #5ish wrs are still out there so without injuries pickens are slim there. Assuming you left nobody out, and assuming youre in a 12 team league there are 12 more players on your ww if you start only 2 wrs that helps a ton. If you start only 8 (I noticed you dont have a K so I assumed either 9 or 8 starters) but at 8 thats 24 more on your ww. All this minutia would be huge to me in deciding to go that thin at wr, especially before byes.

Im like Chaka if youre ok with the lack of depth getting Giibs is a good idea.... BUT without answers to my questions no way I personally would be that thin at wr.

Put it this way:
best case scenario: You start only 8 players with 2 wrs mandatory in a trading league. That I could live with.
worst case scenario: you start 9 or more players in a non trading league. No way no how I make that trade. Not without another startable wr on my roster.

smaller than 12 team league? Have a party and knock yourself out lol

Thanks for the detailed response!

Already made the trade, but anyway, this is a 12 team league where only 2 WRs are required to start each week.

I've long been a fan of having a deep RB bench. My best teams...championship teams...are always deep here. My belief: RB matchups are the most predictable especially come playoff time.

Would love to have a rock solid #3 WR, but I'm optimistic on T. Dell.

Users who are viewing this thread