What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting HIGHTOWER over this week? (1 Viewer)

DrJamesAndrews Fan

Footballguy
Timmy has a nice matchup this week versus the putrid Rams who are 30th versus the Run. I'll be benching Ronnie Brown during my first week of Playoffs. Who are you benching for TH?

I have him also and I am debating starting him based on matchups! Although, I would be benching L. White or P. thomas to start him!! :banned:

It win or go home this week!!

im starting hightower over jamal lewis. but i lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. so weekly high score is all i really have to play for in my 12 man league

I am starting him with Matt Forte.....

Over the following pieces of crap:

Lendale White

Jamal Lewis

Johnathen Stewart

Selvin Young

Sweet Jesus, now is the time I need you Timmy....dont get cute Wisenhunt

Starting him over Jamal Lewis.

Jamal @ Tenn. No thanks. Jamal should have had a good game at home vs. Hou and home vs. Ind. and he did not. It looks like he'll have a great opportunity to avg. 2 ypc this week, but he might get 30 carries if it somehow stays close.

Having said that, still very concerned about Hightower. He hasn't been a factor in weeks. He had 2 TD's against the G-men but Arizona likes to abandon the run early and often and did so in that game as well as the others over the past month.

Torn between him and Bush this week. Reggie could have a solid bounce back APY game this week vs. the Dirty Birds.

god I am not looking forward to this week.!!!

start 2

gore

sjax

TH

L wahington

all b/c I lost the division and bye by 20 stinking points in a tiebreaker for total points. So instead of seeing if Gore is gonna right himself, or sjax is really healthy, I gotta roll dice.

Thinking about Hightower vs. STL over D. Ward vs. PHI as my Flex (RB3) to pair with LJ and Addai in the first round (.5 per catch). Ward has been real solid there but TH's matchup seems a lot nicer on paper. I got in as a 6 seed playing the 3 and have the lowest points for so I might as well go for it, right? Go RB heavy with nice run matchups across the board.

My thinking is D. Ward splits no matter what with Jacobs and they are playing a somewhat stingy Eagles D in the cold. AZ needs to win this game and playing a soft Rams D that seems to be booking vacation plans already. You figure he has to at least pound one short one in, and there should be plenty of scoring in this one by AZ. You just have to hope they run them in or get up big and need to slow things down. If he can produce like a real feature back like the last time they played STL, that's a added bonus I think. Wiz said he's sticking by him, maybe he makes it a point to back up his word this week and like someone said if there was ever a week, this is it!

Last edited by a moderator:
How bout this one. Starting him over TO! Rolling with Colston, Megatron, R. White, and Chris Johnson, LJ, and Hightower with Brees at QB.

Right move???

Potentially starting him over LJ in one league and Gore in another. I fear it could be feast or famine...

I will start him over either MO JO D (Maurice Jones Drew for those non-hip people) or Steven Jackson. I guess now I agonize over MJD or Jackson in my flex.

AZ needs to win this game and playing a soft Rams D that seems to be booking vacation plans already. You figure he has to at least pound one short one in, and there should be plenty of scoring in this one by AZ. You just have to hope they run them in or get up big and need to slow things down. If he can produce like a real feature back like the last time they played STL, that's a added bonus I think. Wiz said he's sticking by him, maybe he makes it a point to back up his word this week and like someone said if there was ever a week, this is it!
That's my thinking as well.

I am starting him with Matt Forte.....Over the following pieces of crap:Lendale WhiteJamal LewisJohnathen StewartSelvin YoungSweet Jesus, now is the time I need you Timmy....dont get cute Wisenhunt
Just to quibble ... the only reason Hightower is even any good as a fantasy RB is exactly because Whisenhunt has gotten cute. Making some random crappy RB your designated GL back seems cute. That the Cardinals ever don't throw it to their stud WR's in the RZ seems cute. If they were just going to blow out the Rams with their best firepower, it would be a huge game for Warner/Boldin/Fitz.

Actually, their struggles have been when they get AWAY from the run especially in the RZ. If there ever was a week that this team will get a lead and try to establish a running game for the playoffs this is it. I smell 100-20-2 albeit with the risk of 30-0 enough to use him over a gimpy MB3 against PIT.

THinking about starting Timmy... WOuld have to bench one of the following:

MBIII at Pitt

Ronnie Brown @ Buff

SJax vs. ARZ

I have good reason to bench any one of those three, just not sure what to do. It's do or die time though.... I'll have to see what Barber does in practice...

Ariakis said:
Actually, their struggles have been when they get AWAY from the run especially in the RZ. If there ever was a week that this team will get a lead and try to establish a running game for the playoffs this is it. I smell 100-20-2 albeit with the risk of 30-0 enough to use him over a gimpy MB3 against PIT.
When does not imply because.

Users who are viewing this thread