What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Incredibly Fast First Come First Serve Waiver Moves on MFL (1 Viewer)

CariocaSean

Footballguy
A couple of people in my league have some kind of trick to add players incredibly fast. They have been able to add multiple players three seconds after the window opens. They can do it consistently.

It seems like it should be impossible. How would you queue up two players, hit the "add players" button, and then the "perform waivers" button in three seconds. That doesn't even account for loading time.

Anyone know how they are able to do that so quickly?

You could shave some time by using "My Watchlist" to have the FA's right in front of you, make your cuts before hand, and just hover over the "add player" button until the minute you know waivers process. And have two or three tabs open so you can do this one after another quickly.

But I still don't see how you do it in 3 seconds. 15 seconds if you're fast, maybe.

You could shave some time by using "My Watchlist" to have the FA's right in front of you, make your cuts before hand, and just hover over the "add player" button until the minute you know waivers process. And have two or three tabs open so you can do this one after another quickly.

But I still don't see how you do it in 3 seconds. 15 seconds if you're fast, maybe.
I don't see how either. But multiple owners have done it in two, three seconds.

There has to be a trick.

My brothers good at this. Just drop the player before hand as that wastes time. Then keep hitting refresh until you get in. I think the quickest hes ever added a player was 15 seconds though.

open multiple browser tabs -- one for each guy, and click whatever buttons you need to click, leaving only the final click.

Find out who hosts their servers, get a job with that company and log into a console at the datacenter, as physically close to the server as possible. Ideally, plug a laptop directly into the server with a 1-foot Ethernet cable.

Is it possible they are logged in as Commish? That may allow them to have it all qued up early and then just have to hit the button once waivers open. Commish can perform waivers at any time I believe so it could give them a head start on selecting their players.

Can someone do me a favor please?

Make a waiver on MFL (like ya normally do, whoever, whenever) and post the starting URL here and then the resulting URL. I'm very curious about something....please

Can someone do me a favor please?

Make a waiver on MFL (like ya normally do, whoever, whenever) and post the starting URL here and then the resulting URL. I'm very curious about something....please
A waiver or FA pickup?

Some MFL sites (if the commish sets it up) has an official "timestamp" on it.

In those leagues, I have seen people open up a roster spot and select the player they want and then just wait for the official clock to hit the opening time of the waivers.

At that point it is one refresh and click away. I don't think I have ever seen 3 seconds but I have seen 11 seconds or something like that.

They are probably using an app, not the website.

Our league has a blind bid period followed by first come first serve a half hour after the blind bid waivers run. During that half hour, the website will not let you queue up any FA waivers, however certain apps will let you queue your add/drops so all you have to do is hit the submit button once the FA period begins. I can't test it right now because we are in the FA period, but I believe the MFL 14 app allows you to do this.

Don't play on MFL but my guess would be multiple devices...

Queue up the player add you want to make (as others have said, drop the dead weight before) on each device... so player 1 on the laptop, player 2 on the smartphone, player 3 on the tablet.

One click on all three when it opens... no biggie.

They are probably using an app, not the website.

Our league has a blind bid period followed by first come first serve a half hour after the blind bid waivers run. During that half hour, the website will not let you queue up any FA waivers, however certain apps will let you queue your add/drops so all you have to do is hit the submit button once the FA period begins. I can't test it right now because we are in the FA period, but I believe the MFL 14 app allows you to do this.
This is what it is. One of the owners told me how he does it. He is using the MFL Platinum app with his iphone. It allows you to queue up your transaction before the first come first serve window opens. You cannot do that on the internet website so any suggestions of having multiple web browsers doesn't solve the problem of having to go through the process of selecting the player, hitting the add player button, then the perform waivers button. With the app on the iphone all of this is done ahead of time. All you have to do is wait until the clock strikes 9 and then basically hit the 'go' button.

I have an android phone. Going to see if this works the same way as it does on the iphone.

Adding players to your watched list helps, so you can just add them more quickly once waivers opens.

The one trick I have noticed is that the MFL site clock differs from a standard computer or cell phone clock. To check the difference, you'll notice at the bottom of every MFL page, there is a "page generated at" that lists the date and time down to the second. To figure out the time, I just open the clock on my computer and then click "refresh" on the page to see the page generated time. The website clock was usually ahead by 12-15 seconds or so. So for example, if your blind bid waivers run and your first come first serve start at 9pm, you may be able to login to waivers at 8:59:48 according to your computers time. I found this out because I was wondering the same thing after seeing someone pick up players 5 seconds after waivers ran, while I would pick players up and time myself at around 10 seconds to complete the transaction, yet it would show up on the site as it took me 22 seconds. That told me my computer clock was off or the site clock was off, so i started looking around for a timestamp on the site. I noticed the page generated was different than the standard clock on my computer and cell phone by about 12-15 seconds.

ETA: I just tried mine and it appears the website is about 6 seconds behind my clock, so I guess it varies.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of people in my league have some kind of trick to add players incredibly fast. They have been able to add multiple players three seconds after the window opens. They can do it consistently.

It seems like it should be impossible. How would you queue up two players, hit the "add players" button, and then the "perform waivers" button in three seconds. That doesn't even account for loading time.

Anyone know how they are able to do that so quickly?
You can queue the guys ahead of time all together or in multiple windows if your league only allows one add per submit some leagues allow it on the actual site others you need to use an app. The second the clock strikes 9 you hit submit.

Last edited by a moderator:
the answer is an app lets you queue up the players so you just need to hit submit. Now how to get multiple fast moves?..easy...use your wife's phone as well ;)

Users who are viewing this thread