What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (2 Viewers)

Huge. Marinelli can turn garbage into starting caliber NFL players. Imagine what he could do with McCoy. He should also really help a guy like Bowers.

Look at what he did for George Selvie. The dude was a turd that kept getting cut. Goes to dallas, and Rod has him making plays.
Yup. Great hire.

That's big. How do these things happen so fast?

It's a positive endorsement for the talent on this roster when experienced coaches want to come here.

Add Leonard Williams to the discussion?! ;)

Grahamburn said:

It's a positive endorsement for the talent on this roster when experienced coaches want to come here.

No stop that!! We need a #@$@!# QB.

Grahamburn said:

Pretty much a dream job for coaches - nowhere to go but up, the best QB in the draft since Luck, a couple of big WR's, a potential stud TE and an under-performing former stud RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grahamburn said:

No stop that!! We need a #@$@!# QB.
:lol:

That has the makings of a nasty defensive line though... Just saying. :whistle:

Marinelli was fired by the Cowboys?
His contract is up.

Would be a nasty line, but the point of bringing Marinelli in is that you don't have to spend high picks to get high production.

I mean it would def be interesting to start building up a front seven when we already have guys like Johnson, McCoy, and David.

But I'd rather not have some situation a few years down the line like the 2000 Ravens and needing to scrape by with a Trent Dilfer. And I don't wanna hear anybody bringing up Brad Johnson. Guy was far better by Trent's standards.

All you have to do is look at the 4 QB's left standing right now and you'd know what the Bucs need to do. You have to have one of "those guys" if you want to compete in the NFL today.

Why is that during CFB season, the top QB's are heralded as the next Dan Marino, Joe Montana, or Peyton Manning, and then draft season comes along and they are all a bunch of Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch types?

When Mariota got tackled from behind in the 2nd half & got up slow I just envisioned him being behimd a Bucs line and running for his life. Jameis is bigger & will be able to take more physical punishment.

That entire game was a preview of what the nfl will be like for him. No more ridiculously wide open guys and being able to run wherever.

I'm on board. Take Jameis and hope the maturity catches up to the football talent.

They're an 8-8 team with him as a rookie.

High fives all around. :hifive:

The Bucs had no scouts at the game last night.

Seems like the decision is done.
thats hard to believe
According to multiple beat writers.
if true, the Bucs are totally inept.

Don't all teams send someone to these games? Not necessarily for the 1.01 but there were many future NFL players in that game.
This is what makes me not believe the story more than anything. Regardless of Mariota, there was a ton of NFL talent on the field last night. Not having someone there is just crazy. Maybe they feel they get more from the tape? I don't know. It's just hard to believe.

Roy Cummings just tweeted Lovie & the RB'S coach were at the game.

I thought it was over after the Rose...but thought wrong.

Now, surely it is. Even Kiper isn't even mentioning him as a possible #1.

I wouldnt put it past the Bucs to pick a dbag like Winston. Lately they seem to make all the wrong moves. Lovie is a Character guy though, Winston has little, cant imagine he would want to waste the first overall on him, his baggage and regressing production.

gump said:
I thought it was over after the Rose...but thought wrong.

Now, surely it is. Even Kiper isn't even mentioning him as a possible #1.
Kiper's big board had Mariota smack dab at the top of it yesterday.

Winston's window is larger. Especially initially.

It's clear Mariota is going to take some time to develop. Time the Bucs and Lovie Smith don't really have. They need the guy who can come in right away and play the position. I've accepted that and Winston's baggage is worth the risk. He can sling it and there are weapons firmly in place at his disposal.

Did Mariota EVER take a snap from under center? That could be a problem.

Winston is a bonehead but has tons of experience playing in a pro style offense. And he has the body to hold up. Everyone thought Cam was a punk and he's turned himself around and become successful.

Cardale Jones, though not much to go by, is unflappable, has a cannon arm, and is a beast when he runs and damn near impossible to bring down. I'd love for this kid to get snagged as a sneaky pick in the 2nd.

They've had some hits -- VJax and Verner in particular. McDonald too last year. I think you have to keep after it, especially with all of our holes.

They do a great job with the contracts too. They can dump Collins for a 3M cap hit which is hilarious.

I think you have to keep going after guys.

Lovie indicated we will still be active in FA. Thanks to the salary floor we have to spend.

Collins was really the only glaringly bad FA move last season. But, if you think about it we just swapped his salary for Penns. It is a move you can easily recover from. None of our FA moves will hurt us for years to come.

Carl Nicks, Albert Haynesworth, Jay Cutler, etc. Massive contracts like those hurt a team for several years.

Michael Johnson wasn't great, but I think he will bounce back. Collins won't even be on the team

Users who are viewing this thread