What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (3 Viewers)

Honestly not trying to be a #### but if you have watched Glennon play and think he's comparable to Luck, you don't know #### about football.

I get that his rookie TD/int ratio was good. That's because his YPA was almost historically bad. He never pushed the ball down the field (because he can't), he helmed the worst offense in the nfl in 2013 and showed no ability to make nfl caliber throws. His deep passes are awful and he simply cannot throw a 20-yard out. Dumping the ball off to your RB or TE in the flat 25 times a game isn't going to get anybody anywhere.

It's crazy to me that anybody who has watched this guy play thinks they would want to see more. His game against Cleveland this year was the worst quarterbacked game I've ever seen. I actually went back to watch the All-22 to confirm if it was as bad as I thought. It was even worse.
\Can't push the ball down the field huh? Maybe his low YPA was due to the suckage of the OL which was awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJSn2IuxuJ8

Ok. See what you want to see. I don't know if he is the answer but I've never seen a QB, with his numbers as a rookie, get benched.

17-33 for 260 2int 2 TD is the worst QB game you ever seen. Haven't seen much NFL football have you. I could name 20 games worst than that with ease. Ever seen Geno Smith play? Apparently not.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure like your basic stats. I can see why you're so into Glennon.

But he doesn't throw many picks!!!
One basic stat he's ignoring - 58.8% completion rate.

While he's a slightly better passer than Geno Smith he's also a statue and can't pick up yards on the ground like Geno can.

He's also already 26 this year.

It's not that I am in to him. It's that I've never seen a QB with his numbers given up on so quickly while garbage like Geno Smith is trotted out on the field. He may be nothing but after 19 games he looks equal or better than about 8 current starters. EJ Manuel, Geno, Anything in CLE, Anything in TENN, Anything in HOU, Alex Smith and his CAREER 6.3 YPA., easily equal to Derek Carr and his career 5.5 YPA., anything in WASH.

One basic stat he's ignoring - 58.8% completion rate.

While he's a slightly better passer than Geno Smith he's also a statue and can't pick up yards on the ground like Geno can.

He's also already 26 this year.
Not ignoring that at all. Check Andrew Lucks completion % after 19 games. It's worse. I could name dozens of rookie QB's with worse #s that continued to start over the years. I can't find any that put up similar numbers and was benched.

If it's so bad after 19 games, why is Geno Smith still a starter? Because coaches in the NFL are below average.

QB age (26) doesn't matter. They play well into their 30s in today's NFL.

I can shoot down everything you guys come up with simply because of what is currently starting in the NFL at the QB position.

Since you say you can shoot down anything, shoot down his horrific YPA for me and let me know how many successful QBs had that average after 19 games.

Since you say you can shoot down anything, shoot down his horrific YPA for me and let me know how many successful QBs had that average after 19 games.
This is the major stat. Glennon's completion % is average or "better than Luck's through 19 games" or whatever, but he doesn't (or can't) push the ball down the field like Luck can. He also can't move.

Regardless, the Bucs decided to move away from him and have the #1 pick now. Personally, I'm glad they ultimately made that decision because it put them in position to take Winston or Mariota. Either of them will be an upgrade at the position.

Excitement is building for the next bust.

Assuming Glennon gets traded for peanuts, it's another high draft pick bust for the Bucs. If he does go on to do anything of substance in the NFL with another team, Bucs will continue to be a laughingstock.

This is the major stat. Glennon's completion % is average or "better than Luck's through 19 games" or whatever, but he doesn't (or can't) push the ball down the field like Luck can. He also can't move.

Regardless, the Bucs decided to move away from him and have the #1 pick now. Personally, I'm glad they ultimately made that decision because it put them in position to take Winston or Mariota. Either of them will be an upgrade at the position.

Excitement is building for the next bust.
:thumbup:

Assuming Glennon gets traded for peanuts, it's another high draft pick bust for the Bucs. If he does go on to do anything of substance in the NFL with another team, Bucs will continue to be a laughingstock.
High draft pick?
With McCown released they might as well keep him as a cheap backup option with experience. That's a luxury a lot of teams don't have. If they trade him they have to sign a FA as a backup, and whoever that is would likely cost much more than the $850k Glennon is set to make. Worst case scenario is he has to start a few games if the rookie isn't ready to go.

As far as him being a high draft pick bust there isn't really anyone taken after Glennon in the 2013 Draft who leaps off the page. A couple of interesting WRs, but if they had taken one of them over Glennon we may not have Evans right now.

High draft pick?
You don't consider a 3rd round pick a high draft pick? They can't all be first rounders. The Bucs still need to be able to develop 3rd-4th rounders into quality role players at minimum. Their drafting has been brutal overall.

High draft pick?
You don't consider a 3rd round pick a high draft pick? They can't all be first rounders. The Bucs still need to be able to develop 3rd-4th rounders into quality role players at minimum. Their drafting has been brutal overall.
I agree with everything you said, but no, a third rounder is not a high draft pick.

Tom Brady after 30 games started had a 6.5 YPA. Same as Glennon has over 19 games. Drew Brees was around 6.1 after 27 games. Eli Manning was 6.3 YPA after 23 games started.

Got anything else I need to set you straight on? You should probably do some research instead of what ever the heck it is you are doing to come up with your analysis.

Tom Brady after 30 games started had a 6.5 YPA. Same as Glennon has over 19 games. Drew Brees was around 6.1 after 27 games. Eli Manning was 6.3 YPA after 23 games started.Got anything else I need to set you straight on? You should probably do some research instead of what ever the heck it is you are doing to come up with your analysis.
Here is the pref advanced stats for Brady and Glennon. 100 is league average for YPA/+:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00.htm?mobile=false

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GlenMi00.htm?mobile=false

Brady's first year he had a 103.

Glennon had a 79. :lmao: #research #analysis

Edit: Glennon got better in year 2 as he should have, but still below league average.

High draft pick?
I agree with everything you said, but no, a third rounder is not a high draft pick.
Ok it's not a "high" draft pick -- 1st/2nd rounder -- but it's not exactly a "low" draft pick either...

I'd personally keep Glennon there. But draft Winston. It's a big risk, since the kid can't keep his head out of his ###, but he is much more NFL-ready than Mariota, and much better skills than Glennon.

It's been QB musical chairs here since the inception of the franchise. What are the fans going to ##### about if they actually get a "franchise QB?"

I'd personally keep Glennon there. But draft Winston. It's a big risk, since the kid can't keep his head out of his ###, but he is much more NFL-ready than Mariota, and much better skills than Glennon.
I think they either keep Glennon or get something decent in return. He certainly is better than most #2s in the league and probably better than what a few teams are rolling out there. They aren't going to give him away.

Tom Brady after 30 games started had a 6.5 YPA. Same as Glennon has over 19 games. Drew Brees was around 6.1 after 27 games. Eli Manning was 6.3 YPA after 23 games started.Got anything else I need to set you straight on? You should probably do some research instead of what ever the heck it is you are doing to come up with your analysis.
Here is the pref advanced stats for Brady and Glennon. 100 is league average for YPA/+:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00.htm?mobile=false

Edit: Glennon got better in year 2 as he should have, but still below league average.
Jesus, you don't even know what you are looking at. You asked for yards per attempt, I gave it to you. My stats are correct and from those same pages. Brady after 30 games had a 6.5 Y/A. The same as Glennon after 19 games and that was with a far worse team around him.

Man, I hope they draft Winston.

Jesus, you don't even know what you are looking at. You asked for yards per attempt, I gave it to you. My stats are correct and from those same pages. Brady after 30 games had a 6.5 Y/A. The same as Glennon after 19 games and that was with a far worse team around him.

Man, I hope they draft Winston.
This isn't fantasy football where you can just wait on a QB until everyone else has one. The point of having a franchise in the NFL is to win games, make the playoffs, and hopefully win the Super Bowl. This front office, the one who inherited Glennon, doesn't feel like he is capable of doing those things on a consistent basis. I didn't agree with their decision to go with McCown, but I agree with them now that the target with the #1 pick should be a QB.

Given the state of today's NFL I don't see how you can make an argument to stick with Glennon. I understand comparing his numbers to players who developed into franchise QBs, but the Bucs aren't the Patriots. Glennon didn't win the Super Bowl his rookie season like Brady did. When he got an opportunity to play in 2014 he was pretty awful. If they make the same mistake the Chargers made with Brees then so be it. I think the Bucs would be ecstatic with a similar outcome assuming whoever they take becomes equivalent to Philip Rivers.

This isn't fantasy football where you can just wait on a QB until everyone else has one. The point of having a franchise in the NFL is to win games, make the playoffs, and hopefully win the Super Bowl. This front office, the one who inherited Glennon, doesn't feel like he is capable of doing those things on a consistent basis. I didn't agree with their decision to go with McCown, but I agree with them now that the target with the #1 pick should be a QB.

Given the state of today's NFL I don't see how you can make an argument to stick with Glennon. I understand comparing his numbers to players who developed into franchise QBs, but the Bucs aren't the Patriots. Glennon didn't win the Super Bowl his rookie season like Brady did. When he got an opportunity to play in 2014 he was pretty awful. If they make the same mistake the Chargers made with Brees then so be it. I think the Bucs would be ecstatic with a similar outcome assuming whoever they take becomes equivalent to Philip Rivers.
I'm not making the argument to stick with Glennon. I'm saying that they totally screwed up by bringing in a never was to play QB when they had yet to determine if Glennon was a viable option. Now they are stuck in a situation where they may very well take Winston and it will blow up in their faces. Awful is Geno Smith and EJ Manuel. 19 TDs/9 INTs in a rookie season is far from awful. The team however, especially the OL, was awful.

I'm not making the argument to stick with Glennon. I'm saying that they totally screwed up by bringing in a never was to play QB when they had yet to determine if Glennon was a viable option. Now they are stuck in a situation where they may very well take Winston and it will blow up in their faces. Awful is Geno Smith and EJ Manuel. 19 TDs/9 INTs in a rookie season is far from awful. The team however, especially the OL, was awful.
Agree 100%. However, they can't change the past and they have the #1 pick, so there really isn't another option other than banking the future of the franchise on one of these QB's.

Glennon's TD/INT ratio in his rookie season is irrelevant at this point. He's 5-14 as a starter. :shrug:

it is looking like another strong WR class. The Bucs should use that to their advantage and try and restructure V-Jax.

Both QBs looked good.

The rest looked like trash...if there was any doubt that QB is going 1, there isn't now.

gump said:
Both QBs looked good.

The rest looked like trash...if there was any doubt that QB is going 1, there isn't now.
Petty looks good in shorts. His game tape is terrible, though.

I just heard a rumor that Martin won't be with the team next year.

I have a guy at work who is a die hard Gator fan. Hated on Winston for 2+ years. Came into work today glowing about him

Jameis outchea chanting opinions left and right.

I have a guy at work who is a die hard Gator fan. Hated on Winston for 2+ years. Came into work today glowing about him

Jameis outchea chanting opinions left and right.
This is what I am seeing from Gator fans I know. I was kind of the same way about Tebow. I didn't want him as our QB but I was cheering for him in the playoffs.

I wanted to go into this process as objectively as possible after the Tank job to get #1. I started out leaning toward Mariota because of the athleticism and character advantage he possessed over Winston. The Rose Bowl shrunk that gap as Winston was clearly the better passer in that game. He was on the noticeably lesser team, but still tried to put them on his back, much like he did all season.

Then after watching both of them this weekend run the same drills Winston's accuracy advantage was clearly apparent. I thought his press conference was just adequate, but he's only 21 years old. The white board segment with Mariucci blew me away though. Winston has a swagger this team desperately needs and has needed since Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks left town.

QB impacts the game on every offensive play. You have to go QB. Which one they pick is their choice but you need to go QB.

Users who are viewing this thread