What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Introducing the "Disinformation Governance Board" (2 Viewers)

Not surprisingly we're finding out that the scope of this board was way bigger than was reported.  The media lied about this.  

Never, ever trust the government when it comes to the 1st and 2nd amendments. Particularly the blue team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprisingly we're finding out that the scope of this board was way bigger than was reported.  The media lied about this.  

Never, ever trust the government when it comes to the 1st and 2nd amendments. Particularly the blue team.

What are they talking about? Not only do they cite zero evidence to support whatever claims they're making, but it's impossible to tell from that clip what claims they're making. A vague reference to the DGB advising tech companies? What does that mean? What tech companies? What advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are they talking about? Not only do they cite zero evidence to support whatever claims they're making, but it's impossible to tell from that clip what claims they're making. A vague reference to the DGB advising tech companies? What does that mean? What tech companies? What advice?
They are discussing the public private partnership for the "rumor control" website. 

Here is an article that has a link to the documents. Pages 29-30. 

Well, yes.  We should all be alarmed that the government is trying to control "the narrative" on social media.  That's bad.
Comtrol the narrative?  Yes that is bad but doesnt seem what was said by anyone in that dailymail article.

That didn’t seem what it was either though.  they were apparently going to work with them as far as truth and fiction.  Still bad and of course bias would be an issue.  It also doesn’t say they would have for ed anything.
Again…it was dumb but also never came to fruition.

This is the situation we are currently in. Even though we see it, live it and experience it on a daily basis, the left calls it disinformation. This basically means that the left believes that 100m+ folks suffer from delusional disorder. So now these people need to be treated with cognitive behavioral therapy so they can unlearn negative thoughts and behaviors and learn to adopt healthier thinking patterns.

And I said of that is what it was to be…its bad.
So you think that at least part of what the board was going to do was bad.

Your defense now seems to be well it didn’t happen?

You know that it didn’t happen because of people saying it was bad right…and that’s a position you haven’t been helping and if anything have been pushing back against.

Why?  Because a board that didnt happen would have “worked with social media”?

That said…it was still a poorly formed idea and terrible name for a board.  

What do you mean didn't happen?  They just rebranded it and handed it to Kamala.  It's still happening.

Here is an article that has a link to the documents. Pages 29-30. 

Thank you for this. I'm on page 15 of the 31 pages of released materials.

https://www.hawley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/2022-06/2022-06-07 DOCS ONLY CEG JH to DHS (Disinformation Governance Board)[1].pdf

So far, they generally confirm the info linked to here. People commenting on these documents (like Josh Hawley), instead of quoting from the documents, appear to be saying things about them that are inconsistent with the documents themselves.

I will finish reading the material before commenting further.

On the off chance that any of you have not finished reading the documents for yourselves, I highly recommend not taking The Daily Mail's summary of them at face value.

So you think that at least part of what the board was going to do was bad.

Your defense now seems to be well it didn’t happen?

You know that it didn’t happen because of people saying it was bad right…and that’s a position you haven’t been helping and if anything have been pushing back against.
I think if the point was control the narrative…yes that is bad.

My defense is more of not jumping to conclusions of what things are or were.  Control the narrative is bad…but that also seems to be added by opponents as to what it was vs what the articles say thus far.

Im goad it didn’t happen.  

Thank you for this. I'm on page 15 of the 31 pages of released materials.

https://www.hawley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/2022-06/2022-06-07 DOCS ONLY CEG JH to DHS (Disinformation Governance Board)[1].pdf

So far, they generally confirm the info linked to here. People commenting on these documents (like Josh Hawley), instead of quoting from the documents, appear to be saying things about them that are inconsistent with the documents themselves.

I will finish reading the material before commenting further.

On the off chance that any of you have not finished reading the documents for yourselves, I highly recommend not taking The Daily Mail's summary of them at face value.
I don't care what the dailymail says. 

Those docs clearly state they will start a "rumor control" website to counter misinformation. They will also develop partnerships with Twitter, Facebook etc. They will also work with outside non government groups to identify and counter misinformation using said rumor control site.

Now maybe you will point to how it just says form partnerships with Twitter et al, and that there will be no direction to remove content, but I think that the implication is obvious and even if they don't remove content I don't see how anything labeled as misinformation by the rumor control site wouldn't get such a flag on Twitter. 

I don't care what the dailymail says. 

Those docs clearly state they will start a "rumor control" website to counter misinformation. They will also develop partnerships with Twitter, Facebook etc. They will also work with outside non government groups to identify and counter misinformation using said rumor control site.

Now maybe you will point to how it just says form partnerships with Twitter et al, and that there will be no direction to remove content, but I think that the implication is obvious and even if they don't remove content I don't see how anything labeled as misinformation by the rumor control site wouldn't get such a flag on Twitter. 

Thanks. I haven't gotten to anything about the DGB running a rumor-control website. I'll finish reading through the materials later.

I think if the point was control the narrative…yes that is bad.

My defense is more of not jumping to conclusions of what things are or were.  Control the narrative is bad…but that also seems to be added by opponents as to what it was vs what the articles say thus far.

Im goad it didn’t happen.  
Jumping to conclusions is 100% warranted on this issue.  Both parties are absolutely horrible when it comes to free speech issues -- if something looks like a government attempt to control social media, that's almost certainly what it is and the defenders of that thing bear a heavy of proof to show that it's not.  If you give the government the benefit of the doubt on this kind of thing, you deserve the government that you're getting.

From DHS whistleblower leaked documents:

Page 13

“This meeting is an opportunity to discuss operationalizing public-private partnerships between DHS and Twitter, as well as inform Twitter executives about DHS work on MDM, including the creation of the Disinformation Governance Board and its analytic exchange, and the Department’s ongoing DVE work”

Operationalizing carries a lot of weight here. 

DVE = domestic violence extremism. If you can't see the issue with this consider how DVE is defined by each side of the political aisle.

We're slowly getting there.  Evidence has been there for at least 2 years now.  This is a prime example of why we don't need gatekeepers of information. 

THE head of the World Health Organisation believes Covid DID leak from a lab in Wuhan after a "catastrophic accident" in 2019, it's claimed.

A senior Government source told the Mail on Sunday that Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus privately confided in a European politician that he fears the virus escaped from the secretive site.

The WHO publicly maintains that "all hypotheses remain on the table" when it comes to Covid's origins.

The virus first took hold in Wuhan, and it was alleged early on in the pandemic that Western intelligence services were concerned about the city's Institute of Virology.

Scientists at the lab are known to have studied coronaviruses found in bats living in caves 1,000 miles away. Covid is suspected to have originated in those caves.

News of Dr Tedros' private conversation comes as the estimated worldwide death toll from the disease hits 18million.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18933725/who-covid-leaked-wuhan-lab-china/

Users who are viewing this thread