What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Iran Launches "Large Scale Attack" on Israel (?) (2 Viewers)

It's early, but this looks like the actions of somebody who just wants to save a little face and get the last word in. Iran should let it go.
Not looked at official news yet…what about Israel’s response makes you think that? Did the bombs land in the desert or a non populated area?

ETA - I pray you are right!

It's early, but this looks like the actions of somebody who just wants to save a little face and get the last word in. Iran should let it go.
Not looked at official news yet…what about Israel’s response makes you think that? Did the bombs land in the desert or a non populated area?

ETA - I pray you are right!
Military base, few if any casualties, extremely limited, no public claim of responsibility. This is the kind of thing that countries do when they just want to express themselves while making it very easy for the other guy to deescalate.

Now Iran knows they can't hit Israel but Israel can and will confront them. A response was needed.
This was already known prior to this response.
How was it known if it never happened before? Maybe I'm unaware of a previous time where Israel launched missiles from their homeland that hit Iran. If so, I stand corrected. It wasn't so much that they could but would they? Now we know they would.

Now Iran knows they can't hit Israel but Israel can and will confront them. A response was needed.
How was it known if it never happened before? Maybe I'm unaware of a previous time where Israel launched missiles from their homeland that hit Iran. If so, I stand corrected. It wasn't so much that they could but would they? Now we know they would.
Where do you think Israel gets a good portion of their missile capabilities? We know we've provided weapons capable of going from Israel to Iran.

Where do you think Israel gets a good portion of their missile capabilities? We know we've provided weapons capable of going from Israel to Iran.
Like I said, we know they could but would they? Now Iran knows they would. I'll drop it now so as not to belabor the point.

Like I said, we know they could but would they? Now Iran knows they would. I'll drop it now so as not to belabor the point.
I kind of feel like the various attacks on Iranians or Iranian places over the decades (or the beginning of this month) is a pretty good indicator, because they did. But we're way off the original comment I responded to at this point. Agree on moving on.

We said the same about the Iranian attack and Israel couldn’t. I’m thinking Iran won’t either.
We can hope that Iran will be the adult here.

Spoiler alert: There are no adults in the room.
That was sorta my unspoken point. Counting on Iran to turn the other cheek isn't a great plan...

If they want this escalated, all Iran has to do is send a balloon to drift across the US at an altitude of about 60,000 feet. Panic headlines for a week, guaranteed.

Users who are viewing this thread