What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Deangelo Williams a perfect buy-low? (1 Viewer)

In this offense, why can't he produce similarly to Sproles? They are keying in on Cam. Get him 5-8 touches in the passing game, and 5-8 rushes. I know he isn't as quick as Sproles, but the last 20 yds. of that TD on Sunday was all him juking out the defender to get into the endzone.

So 60 yds average, and a TD every other game. Not bad for a bye-week flex.

In this offense, why can't he produce similarly to Sproles? They are keying in on Cam. Get him 5-8 touches in the passing game, and 5-8 rushes. I know he isn't as quick as Sproles, but the last 20 yds. of that TD on Sunday was all him juking out the defender to get into the endzone.So 60 yds average, and a TD every other game. Not bad for a bye-week flex.
" A TD every other game"? He has 1 in five games :shrug:

In this offense, why can't he produce similarly to Sproles? They are keying in on Cam. Get him 5-8 touches in the passing game, and 5-8 rushes. I know he isn't as quick as Sproles, but the last 20 yds. of that TD on Sunday was all him juking out the defender to get into the endzone.So 60 yds average, and a TD every other game. Not bad for a bye-week flex.
he is not the passing down rb, stewart is, so dont expect that many catches.

Happy to have this game from him.

With Torrain/THT and BJGE...I have just been waiting for him to do this so he may have some trade value.

Though, Im always wary with a guy with this kind of talent...he can easily blow up and be one of those guys you regret letting go.

With Torrain/THT and BJGE...I have just been waiting for him to do this so he may have some trade value.

Though, Im always wary with a guy with this kind of talent...he can easily blow up and be one of those guys you regret letting go.
I know the feeling, but I personally am not gonna worry about that as I shop DWill this week. I just do not believe he'll get even remotely consistent "high volume" barring an injury to Cam. And if Cam is injured, that whole offense will suck anyway, IMO. Gonna sell now coming off back to back decent efforts before Stewart has another good day week 6; you know it's gonna happen.

I gotta get from under this guy he is still a playmaker, but logic says less opportunity with Newton taking GL and Stewart sharing/not able to catch passes like that. He just wont get the touches and I cant wait for the feast or famine.

I am thinking about trading for Mike Tolbert with Ryan Mathews injury, but they are going into the bye week and maybe RM will be back?

I know the feeling, but I personally am not gonna worry about that as I shop DWill this week. I just do not believe he'll get even remotely consistent "high volume" barring an injury to Cam. And if Cam is injured, that whole offense will suck anyway, IMO. Gonna sell now coming off back to back decent efforts before Stewart has another good day week 6; you know it's gonna happen.
I think both of the RBs would be more valuable if Cam got hurt, but I wouldnt buy/sell/hold based on that premise. Both RBs best years were with QBs not near as good as Cam, and Clausen or whoever wouldnt take GL touches from DWill.Im going to throw some offers out there this week, but Im not expecting to get any serious offers accepted for players I actually want more than DWill. I would take a Marshall, Jordy Nelson, SMoss, Jahvid types but I highly doubt those owners would accept a 1 for 1 like that. I guess I'll find out.

I pointed out in an earlier post in thread, that Dwill is normally a slow starter. I will not rehash all of it, and the stats used to make the case, because it is only a couple of pages back. Basically though, he does normally seem to start slow. Not only that, but a lot of people want to point out how he is not the goal line back "anymore", when that really has never been his thing since he has scored an abundance of his TD from the 15 yd line or further. The year he had the 20 TDs, it seemed like only about 4-5 came from inside the 10 yd line.

So, I am sure that this will invite the same ridicule that it did a few weeks ago. However, I just wanted to make the points again, and also remind people that a lot of folks gave up on him in 2008 too. He did not score his first TD in 2008 until the 5th game. Also, his highest yardage mark before the week 5 game was 86 yards. I was one of those people that gave up on him, and then I had to watch as he went on to score 20 Tds after that. With 8 of those coming in just 2 games.

I am not saying that we should take his results from 2008 and apply them to this year. However, it is a mistake to give up on this guy, because he is not a player that relies on short yardage to fuel his fantasy production. He is the type of player that only needs one big play each week to give you some gaudy production. He is the Desean Jackson of RBs. He also seems to be the kind of player that will stay hot once he gets going.

I personally would not give up on the guy. He has gotten better over the last 2 games, and this is about the time of year that he is going to get going if history is any indication

Just My Opinion though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pointed out in an earlier post in thread, that Dwill is normally a slow starter. I will not rehash all of it, and the stats used to make the case, because it is only a couple of pages back. Basically though, he does normally seem to start slow. Not only that, but a lot of people want to point out how he is not the goal line back "anymore", when that really has never been his thing since he has scored an abundance of his TD from the 15 yd line or further. The year he had the 20 TDs, it seemed like only about 4-5 came from inside the 10 yd line.

So, I am sure that this will invite the same ridicule that it did a few weeks ago. However, I just wanted to make the points again, and also remind people that a lot of folks gave up on him in 2008 too. He did not score his first TD in 2008 until the 5th game. Also, his highest yardage mark before the week 5 game was 86 yards. I was one of those people that gave up on him, and then I had to watch as he went on to score 20 Tds after that. With 8 of those coming in just 2 games.

I am not saying that we should take his results from 2008 and apply them to this year. However, it is a mistake to give up on this guy, because he is not a player that relies on short yardage to fuel his fantasy production. He is the type of player that only needs one big play each week to give you some gaudy production. He is the Desean Jackson of RBs. He also seems to be the kind of player that will stay hot once he gets going.

I personally would not give up on the guy. He has gotten better over the last 2 games, and this is about the time of year that he is going to get going if history is any indication

Just My Opinion though!
False, half came from inside the 10 with 3 more inside the redzone.

I'm buying. Just moved the McGahee/Knowshon situation for Dwill, Mike Thomas and Santana Moss. We'll see what happens. Never liked Deangelo but they paid him an assload of money. He's going to get the ball.

he still has merely 20 touches the last 2 games. his 10.3 ypc over that span is not quite sustainable. he needs his workload to increase quite a bit to be a quality fantasy start.

'cvnpoka said:
he still has merely 20 touches the last 2 games. his 10.3 ypc over that span is not quite sustainable. he needs his workload to increase quite a bit to be a quality fantasy start.
Huge hit and miss because I don't see the touches going up amuch. More miss than hit but the QB option play makes me hold onto him. They ran that nicely. DeAngelo is super in the open field with the low center of gravity and his lateral quickness.

'cvnpoka said:
Agreed.Rivera is talking about reducing the number of Newton's carries. Not sure I buy it given the weapon Cam is, but if they are intent on giving some more carries to DWill (and Stewart) this would be a week to do it in order to help keep the Falcons offense off the field.

Im offered julio jones and mike thomas for him ....... Jones hammy bad??
Unless your RBs are so bad that you need DWill to step up, Id do it. Not a good sign the Julio was ruled out this week so early, but Id do that trade. I like Thomas but Id rather get a RB in return as the 2nd player.....anyone rolling DWill out in the starting lineup this week?Looks like Im flexing him over Hightower, Pierre Thomas and DHB in 1 league, and over DHB, LMoore, DNelson in the other.

Unless your RBs are so bad that you need DWill to step up, Id do it. Not a good sign the Julio was ruled out this week so early, but Id do that trade. I like Thomas but Id rather get a RB in return as the 2nd player.....anyone rolling DWill out in the starting lineup this week?Looks like Im flexing him over Hightower, Pierre Thomas and DHB in 1 league, and over DHB, LMoore, DNelson in the other.
In a w/ 2 FLEX but no mandatory TE, I'm actually leaving DWill on my bench & rolling the dice w/ Fred Davis (TE gets 1 ppr in this league). Until DWill starts getting more than 9 or 10 touches/game, I refuse to start him unless I literally have no alternative. I'll take my chances on someone like Davis getting me a few recep

Gambling battle torain or mcgahee are solid rb3s. (start 3 - have mcgaddem and hillis)

I'd sell high (if you can). You're banking on Williams breaking a big run each and every week (Not only for the yardage but for a score as well) with limited # of snaps.

I wouldn't deal Julio alone for Williams (redraft or dynasty).

'Leeroy Jenkins said:
Gambling battle torain or mcgahee are solid rb3s. (start 3 - have mcgaddem and hillis)
Id definitely do it, you have plenty of depth. You dont even need that 2nd player to be a RB, and like I said, I think Thomas is a fine flex/bye week WR

Starting DeAngelo this week. I still think he's a great buy-low target. The offensive line is performing well. I'd have to guess that opposing defenses are going to start to drop 7; then we'll see Carolina counter with more running plays. Just a hunch.

Until Newton gets injured, Deangelo is worthless this year. That is fairly evident to anyone watching Panthers games. As long as Newton and Stewart are playing, get used to 8-10 carries for 30-40 yds from Deangelo.

In a shootout vs. Detroit, DWill had...

10 caries, 73 yards and 1 catch, 32 yards.

105 yds on 11 touches, with 7.3 YPC.

Clearly this is not a 'handoff to the tailback' team, but do you guys see these stats as simply the result of a blowout or something of an improvement?

How did he look? I didn't see the game.

I don't think he's looked that bad in general - just not a lot of opportunities. Stewart has looked a little better, and Newton is their GL back.

If you think DWill can avg 10+ yds per touch the rest of the way, sure, he's a great guy to own. 10 touches per game seems to be his ceiling.

They thnk the 4-INT Scam is their team, not the running game.
You ever get tired of this crap?I doesn't bother me. I'm just wondering if you ever write a post with comments like that and think...

'The burden to keep up my public toolishness is heavy, and at times I wish I didn't bear it. But I must.'

If you think DWill can avg 10+ yds per touch the rest of the way, sure, he's a great guy to own. 10 touches per game seems to be his ceiling.
I guess the hope is that he shows some explosiveness, then the Panthers realize it and feed him the rock.At this point, in dynasty, I'd be happy with a few weeks of 70-80 all-purpose yds in a row. Just to show myself that this cat isn't done. Cause I got some low-ball offers, and in a moment of weakness, nearly bit. At this point, I need him to come back, or he will get cut next year. There's no value in grabbing some low 3rd round rookie pick for this guy.

You ever get tired of this crap?I doesn't bother me. I'm just wondering if you ever write a post with comments like that and think...

'The burden to keep up my public toolishness is heavy, and at times I wish I didn't bear it. But I must.'
So Scam is a great QB? Should I call him C-Newt? Do you say the same thing with other 'nicknames'?There's more. he's horrid. He loses weekly. They picked 1 spot ahead of Denver yet The Tebow is winning games weekly.

So Scam is a great QB? Should I call him C-Newt? Do you say the same thing with other 'nicknames'?There's more. he's horrid. He loses weekly. They picked 1 spot ahead of Denver yet The Tebow is winning games weekly.
No. I mean the 'Scam' nickname re:allegations in Auburn.I don't care how you feel about his play. It's just EVERY time you refer to him you do it like that.

Seems kinda childish and played out.

'mr roboto said:
'cubbie5150 said:
I guess the hope is that he shows some explosiveness, then the Panthers realize it and feed him the rock.At this point, in dynasty, I'd be happy with a few weeks of 70-80 all-purpose yds in a row. Just to show myself that this cat isn't done. Cause I got some low-ball offers, and in a moment of weakness, nearly bit. At this point, I need him to come back, or he will get cut next year. There's no value in grabbing some low 3rd round rookie pick for this guy.
He's shown explosiveness in nearly every game this year, thats not the problem. He simply isnt getting enough touches to be able to count on him on a week to week basis. How many times has he had 10+ touches this year? My guess is 3-4. How many game has he put up 10+ points? I think only 2 or 3 times out of 10 games.Sure, in dynasty I think he's a hold though. I simply cant see CAR keeping both DWill and Stewart past when Stewarts contract is up (I think thats after next year). They either trade DWill at that point or dont re-sign Stew.

'mr roboto said:
'FavreCo said:
'mr roboto said:
'FavreCo said:

So Scam is a great QB? Should I call him C-Newt? Do you say the same thing with other 'nickname'There's more. he's horrid. He loses weekly. They picked 1 spot ahead of Denver yet The Tebow is winning games weekly.
No. I mean the 'Scam' nickname re:allegations in Auburn.I don't care how you feel about his play. It's just EVERY time you refer to him you do it like that.

Seems kinda childish and played out.
they should call him laptop

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/cam-newton-report?page=0

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/college/cam-newton-lame-laptop-thief

Users who are viewing this thread