What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Jaguars at Steelers** (+1.5, 41) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

I'm gonna go with a bit of surprise for this one, and predict the Jags win big. I'll say 27-13 Jags.

I think the Jags D is just all over Kenny Pickett. Josh Allen especially should have a huge game facing off with the Steelers poor OTs.

Much like the Rams/Cowboys game, when Lawrence has time, guys should be wide open. This feels like another Christian Kirk game to me, but I could see Jacksonville making an effort to get Ridley going early. I think Etienne will have one of those games where he's mostly bottled up but hits a big run or 2 for a solid fantasy week.

I'm gonna go with a bit of surprise for this one, and predict the Jags win big. I'll say 27-13 Jags.

Why would this surprise anyone? The Steelers defense is giving up nearly 400 yards a game, they cant stop the run, like, at all, and they cant move the ball consistently on offense.

The Pitt defense CAN still get after the QB and they generate TOs, which has helped them limit points against, but as long as Jax limits turning it over there shouldnt be any sort of surprise if they win. Theyre the better overall team at the moment. Etiene could gouge that run D something fierce, at least for yardage.

It’s going to be a wet one, rain predicted for the entire game. Could make for additional turnovers. My seats are not covered so I’m going to get soaked.

It would be nice for the Steelers offense to show signs of life early, something they haven’t been able to do all season. Their typical MO is to do almost nothing on offense, get a big turnover late in the game, and then finally manage to score a TD in the 4th quarter. Not a great game plan and not sustainable but that’s what they’ve been doing.

I’m hoping it stays close to keep the crowd in the game because Acrisure (Heinz) can be loud if the fans are into it.

Surprising stat of the day: the Steelers have won 11 of their last 15 games.

Their typical MO is to do almost nothing on offense, get a big turnover late in the game, and then finally manage to score a TD in the 4th quarter. Not a great game plan and not sustainable but that’s what they’ve been doing.
Blatently copying New England's game plan noted.

I think the Jags D is just all over Kenny Pickett. Josh Allen especially should have a huge game facing off with the Steelers poor OTs.

Much like the Rams/Cowboys game, when Lawrence has time, guys should be wide open. This feels like another Christian Kirk game to me, but I could see Jacksonville making an effort to get Ridley going early. I think Etienne will have one of those games where he's mostly bottled up but hits a big run or 2 for a solid fantasy week.
Yup Steelers losing big wouldn't surprise any Steelers fans.

Interesting game here.
Jags are playing solid football on both sides of the ball.
Steelers defense has kept them in games long enough for their offense to realize they are IN a game and them they make one key drive and win.
Home field could make a difference in this one with The Steelers confidence back.
There's going to be upsets today so here's one.
Nostradumbass says...

Pittsburgh- 23
Jacksonville- 20

This is a average Jacksonville team.. I see Pittsburgh winning by a couple of scores.

Pittsburgh 24
Jacksonville 10

3rd and 2 and you call a downfield pass in the rain?

A screen would've had a much higher chance to get those 2 yards.

Johnson with the early stone hands
It’s pretty wet up there
That’s what she sa…..
What a horrific roughing call, so sad how bad refs/rules are.
Jags radio booth said the same thing. Boselli: “That’s the way I thought the league wanted guys to tackle. “
The only explanation for that call is that the ref is blind or that the ref bet on the Jags. Seriously how can they call that?

Every defensive series for PIT:

Give up an explosive play, then tighten up and force a FG try or a turnover.

Not bad.
This has been their identity all year. It’s weird. They give up so many yards but they always seem to come up with the big plays when it matters. Same with Pickett.

Users who are viewing this thread