What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamal Khashoggi - Journalist Killed in Saudi Consulate (2 Viewers)

What are you going on about now? 

Going to justify this and the actions of our own government?
His partner in planning to overthrow the Saudi regime made public his messages detailing their plan.  Our government didn’t kill him... planning treason is a dangerous game.

His partner in planning to overthrow the Saudi regime made public his messages detailing their plan.  Our government didn’t kill him... planning treason is a dangerous game.
So...yes, you are justifying this...and how our government has reacted.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-10/u-s-knew-of-saudi-plan-to-seize-missing-journalist-post-says

That's pretty awful.

Also...try linking to this so-called plan to overthrow...before just spouting it off as fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...yes, you are justifying this...and how our government has reacted.

That's pretty awful.

Also...try linking to this so-called plan to overthrow...before just spouting it off as fact.
Plotting to overthrow a government is a crime so he deserved to be jailed at best.  

What article...you haven't posted anything supporting your posts.
I can’t link article but it’s a cnn article from Michael Kaplan and Nina dos santos. They were planning to send foreign six cards to dissents in Saudi Arabia to organize an over throw.  

I can’t link article but it’s a cnn article from Michael Kaplan and Nina dos santos. They were planning to send foreign six cards to dissents in Saudi Arabia to organize an over throw.  
Its odd how some of you can't seem to link articles to support your posts.

If this is what you are referring to...it paints a different picture than your claims thus far.  Plans for advocacy and public relations "internet army" vs actual overthrowing and treason.  

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/02/middleeast/jamal-khashoggi-whatsapp-messages-intl/index.html

In the minds of some, being critical of leadership equates to attempting to overthrow the government and deserves jail at a minimum or death if leadership deems necessary. And not just "over there."
Being critical of democratic leadship vs a monarchy that beheads people on regular basis then walk into one of their consulate is stupidity 

Public relations?  That’s a good one.. let’s be real can we please.  
What do you think those posts were?  They talked specifically about energizing youth, and correcting the false information from the government.

You claimed they were trying to overthrow the government and guilty of treason....please quote in that article anything that comes close to that vs what I have stated.

You are the one who has shown no sense of being real here...you wouldn't post a link to support your claim...the link you even brought up does not support your claim.

What do you think those posts were?  They talked specifically about energizing youth, and correcting the false information from the government.

You claimed they were trying to overthrow the government and guilty of treason....please quote in that article anything that comes close to that vs what I have stated.

You are the one who has shown no sense of being real here...you wouldn't post a link to support your claim...the link you even brought up does not support your claim.
Working to mobilize an army of young people that is against the current regime/monarchy is tantamount to treason. 

I just want to be perfectly clear.  You believe that the use of social media to move people to action is tantamount to an overthrow of the government? 

Just before Mueller’s report comes out, I want to make sure we’re on the same page. 
Its a certainly a step in that direction.  Not sure why timing of Mueller report matters..

Working to mobilize an army of young people that is against the current regime/monarchy is tantamount to treason. 
An “army” to fight disinformation via the internet is not treason.  You have made a false assertion based on the facts in an attempt to justify the murder of a legal American resident and journalist.  

An “army” to fight disinformation via the internet is not treason.  You have made a false assertion based on the facts in an attempt to justify the murder of a legal American resident and journalist.  
You're looking thru the lens from a US democratic perspective.  Take a step back, review the situation and now look from Saudi perspective...What do you see?

You're looking thru the lens from a US democratic perspective.  Take a step back, review the situation and now look from Saudi perspective...What do you see?
I see you trying to justify the murder of a legal American resident and journalist and now backtracking from trying to overthrow and treason to ...well that’s how SA  sees it.

Pretty bad but hardly unexpected.

I see you trying to justify the murder of a legal American resident and journalist and now backtracking from trying to overthrow and treason to ...well that’s how SA  sees it.

Pretty bad but hardly unexpected.
I'm not trying to justify it but that article helps us understand why the situation happen.   

I think I understand stlrams a little better now. He is not trying to justify the murder. He is pointing out that Saudi Arabia is a despotic regime that murders its opponents, and anyone who speaks out against such a regime shouldn’t be stupid enough to enter a Saudi Arabian embassy. 

And that’s a legitimate point, I suppose. But I don’t believe it has any bearing on what the reaction of the USA to this murder should be. 

I'm not trying to justify it but that article helps us understand why the situation happen.   
You say you are not trying to justify it...but then claim the article helps you understand why.  That is basically justifying it...and the article also did not state what you claimed it did about treason or trying to overthrow anything.  So you are posting falsehoods that you have nothing that can back you up and refused to actually link to the article and had to have others do that for you.

Odd because those of us who would call that what it really is...would be banned while you will still post things that are pretty disgusting.

You say you are not trying to justify it...but then claim the article helps you understand why.  That is basically justifying it...and the article also did not state what you claimed it did about treason or trying to overthrow anything.  So you are posting falsehoods that you have nothing that can back you up and refused to actually link to the article and had to have others do that for you.

Odd because those of us who would call that what it really is...would be banned while you will still post things that are pretty disgusting.
I've never been banned or warned in 15 years of posting so my record speaks for itself.  Its a forum and people post their opinions.  As far as SA is concerned the actions ascend to treason

I've never been banned or warned in 15 years of posting so my record speaks for itself.  Its a forum and people post their opinions.  As far as SA is concerned the actions ascend to treason
Given your posting...there is no way this is true...and doubtful this is the only ID you have ever used.

Then you should have stated the second bolded as your claim rather than what you did.  That is a complete backtrack after you were called out and the article you refused to link to showed otherwise.

Given your posting...there is no way this is true...and doubtful this is the only ID you have ever used.

Then you should have stated the second bolded as your claim rather than what you did.  That is a complete backtrack after you were called out and the article you refused to link to showed otherwise.
Why would I lie?  Only ID ever, you can ask Joe if you like.   You can call it the way you see. 

Why would I lie?  Only ID ever, you can ask Joe if you like.   You can call it the way you see. 
Well, you were less than truthful about what the article claimed...so why would you lie?

I called it the way it is...you claimed something, the article stated differently.

We've been doing business with SA for decades and they've been taking off heads the entire time.   
I think this is a legitimate point.  We know Saudi is a scorpion, and are shocked when they sting.

Perhaps we should stop carrying scorpions around.

Plotting to over throw your government is a crime in any country.  He didn’t deserve to die but he is an idiot for for going in. 

Plotting to overthrow a government is a crime so he deserved to be jailed at best.  

If the Tea party was operating in Saudi Arabia then yes.

Your first two posts are very different from your third and fourth.  The third and fourth are perfectly reasonable and based on a real-world view of Saudi Arabia as a despotic regime.  The first two suggest that what Khashoggi did was a crime in any country, which is false with respect to what happened in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread