What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t carry my own set of personal biases, but I think I’m pretty aware of what those are, and I try to make a concerted effort to expose myself to both sides of the political spectrum.  I digest a lot of news and I’d say 60% of it is Conservative and 40% Liberal.  I like Tucker and Cuomo.  Can’t stand Hannity and Lemon.  I like Laura Ingram and Rachel Maddow’s intelligence but their delivery and voices just rub me the wrong way.  I read Drudge, CNN and Fox, and I tape all 3 networks’ Sunday morning news shows.  I do think that Liberals have a bigger blind spot than Conservatives do.  Conservatives pick up Liberal views and news stories just through osmosis because the msm is so overwhelmingly Liberal.  Liberals on the other hand have to go out of their way to see the Conservative viewpoint, and for whatever reason a lot of them don’t seem to want to do it.  There are many people here who literally won’t even open a link to a Conservative site.
Thank you for your honest answer.   

I’m not sure I agree with all that, but I will say we’re in the ballpark together. Where we mostly diverge is in the bolded.  I think the knife cuts both ways pretty equally on that. Largely because I believe it’s human nature driving the blind spots not a persons political leanings.  But I’m pretty center politically so of course I’d feel that way, guess it’s my own biases shining through.  

Equal rights?  The left abandoned equal rights 50 years ago.  The left wants to criminalize any words which offend minorities, but constantly demonize and belittles whites.  The left wants their speech protected, but wants anyone on the right deplatformed.  The left wants quotas based on skin color, not who is more qualified.  The left wants to assume women and minorities are innocent and white male conservatives are guilty.  The reason I hate leftist ideology is the complete lack of equality in their agenda.  
Now, here’s a guy ready to have a nice, reasonable political discussion.

:fishing:   he’s been doing this a while. 
Not fishing one bit.  Between Garland declaring war on 'white supremacy', Congress wanting to treat January 6 like it was 9-11, the lies and propaganda the media has been spewing for months, it is pretty clear the left is setting up government agencies which will be able to monitor and harass right-wing organizations.  It is a very authoritarian assault on political opposition.  

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t carry my own set of personal biases, but I think I’m pretty aware of what those are, and I try to make a concerted effort to expose myself to both sides of the political spectrum.  I digest a lot of news and I’d say 60% of it is Conservative and 40% Liberal.  I like Tucker and Cuomo.  Can’t stand Hannity and Lemon.  I like Laura Ingram and Rachel Maddow’s intelligence but their delivery and voices just rub me the wrong way.  I read Drudge, CNN and Fox, and I tape all 3 networks’ Sunday morning news shows.  I do think that Liberals have a bigger blind spot than Conservatives do.  Conservatives pick up Liberal views and news stories just through osmosis because the msm is so overwhelmingly Liberal.  Liberals on the other hand have to go out of their way to see the Conservative viewpoint, and for whatever reason a lot of them don’t seem to want to do it.  There are many people here who literally won’t even open a link to a Conservative site.
My honest answer is that I do, but too much of the time I feel like I am basically just getting yelled at.   I am podcast junkie, and it feels like 75% of the time I try something it devolves into yelling or childish crap like "sleepy Joe" etc.   

I don't mind Crenshaw, and I have found a few debate/both sides pods like Left/Right/Center, The Argument,  Useful Idiots, and a few others like that.   When I get to the more "popular" pods like Shapiro and the like, it goes the way of what I described above and I tap out.  

As far as the news sites that I try to avoid clicking on, we've discussed that many times before - the ones usually thrown around in links have pretty poor reliability ratings.   Just like I unsubscribe from pods I think are junk, I try not to give those sites my clicks and attention.  Plus, when I want to hear different perspectives I would rather have a longer form discussion type like a pod than an article.  

OR! Or..... maybe the right does not like being held accountable for all the terrible  things their party has done.
It is funny how the GOP is responsible for the relatively small amount of damage done by right-wing protesters, but there is no suggestion that the Democrats are not responsible for the hundreds of time more damage and murders which occurred around left-wing riots.  There is no sense of balance or fairness from the left.  NONE. 

It is funny how the GOP is responsible for the relatively small amount of damage done by right-wing protesters, but there is no suggestion that the Democrats are not responsible for the hundreds of time more damage and murders which occurred around left-wing riots.  There is no sense of balance or fairness from the left.  NONE. 
In one case the leader of the GOP and country was leading the group to do what they did.   Were leaders of the Democratic party at the protests telling people to riot and loot? 

You think this is all some balance sheet showing property damage as measure of guilt? That’s wacky. The Insurrectionist on 1-6 attacked our very democracy.

In one case the leader of the GOP and country was leading the group to do what they did.   Were leaders of the Democratic party at the protests telling people to riot and loot? 
No and yes.  In fact, leaders of your party told them to continue protesting knowing full well they were burning everything down.

Kamala Harris was one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think this is all some balance sheet showing property damage as measure of guilt? That’s wacky. The Insurrectionist on 1-6 attacked our very democracy.
Again, when BLM/Antifa attacked our Democracy what did you do?  Were you in here 24/7 posting about "INSURRECTION!!!!!"?

No matter how many times that is repeated, it is a lie.  Our Democracy was never in danger from 400 unarmed protestors.  

Not fishing one bit.  Between Garland declaring war on 'white supremacy', Congress wanting to treat January 6 like it was 9-11, the lies and propaganda the media has been spewing for months, it is pretty clear the left is setting up government agencies which will be able to monitor and harass right-wing organizations.  It is a very authoritarian assault on political opposition.  
False Flag? 

So it’s the liberals who are spreading the lies and propaganda surrounding Jan 6th.

This is seriously out there stuff. 

Our democracy is in danger from far more than the 400 unarmed protesters.

This is a huge denial of the truth on your part.

Huge denial.
What danger?  How would our Democracy have collapsed from activity from that day?  What could they have done?  Shoot, if any level of security would have been in place, it would have been a complete zero.   

False Flag? 

So it’s the liberals who are spreading the lies and propaganda surrounding Jan 6th.

This is seriously out there stuff. 
Lots of lies and on prime time television.   The fact that every network mischaracterized the insurgency as armed was false.  The characterization that it was deadly is misleading as the only death from unnatural causes was by the police.  The idea that our Democracy was being threatened is a joke.  And these lies continue at the highest levels of government with an agenda to pass laws to attack our freedoms. 

What danger?  How would our Democracy have collapsed from activity from that day?  What could they have done?  Shoot, if any level of security would have been in place, it would have been a complete zero.   
Jon.

What are you even talking about...

That day? 

What about the build up? And the follow through?

Like it was some binary event that happened that day and can be explained away?

Lots of lies and on prime time television.   The fact that every network mischaracterized the insurgency as armed was false.  The characterization that it was deadly is misleading as the only death from unnatural causes was by the police.  The idea that our Democracy was being threatened is a joke.  And these lies continue at the highest levels of government with an agenda to pass laws to attack our freedoms. 
Nah, that was on her.

Sure, and do I really need to bring up the thousands of officers who have been assaulted by BLM mobs?  It is horrible but it does not make January 6th stand out from others.  
No, because this the thread about the January 6th riot by Trump supporters. Stay on topic. Have you seen this interview? They caught this cop and he feared for his life. "They were trying to kill me". And they weren't even mad at him.

No, because this the thread about the January 6th riot by Trump supporters. Stay on topic. Have you seen this interview? They caught this cop and he feared for his life. "They were trying to kill me". And they weren't even mad at him.
Events can not be viewed in a vacuum.  If you have government officials trying to promote this agenda that white supremacy is our biggest threat and using January 6th as the prime example, comparisons need to be made.  Putting blinders on to everything else is an ignorant way to view things. 

False flag in this case would imply Jan 6th was planned by the government to gain power. 

Events can not be viewed in a vacuum.  If you have government officials trying to promote this agenda that white supremacy is our biggest threat and using January 6th as the prime example, comparisons need to be made.  Putting blinders on to everything else is an ignorant way to view things. 
You made the statement that all the mob wanted to do was yell at Pence and Congress. Evidence suggests otherwise. You're not addressing that.

You made the statement that all the mob wanted to do was yell at Pence and Congress. Evidence suggests otherwise. You're not addressing that.
If all they wanted to do was yell, as you assert, why did they beat and taze a police officer? They dragged him out of the building, beat him with a flag pole, tazed him with his own taser and tried to steal his gun yelling "kill him with his own weapon".

He now suffers PTSD. And they weren't after him.

Jan 6th was not dangerous (or if it was the important issue is BLM protests also were dangerous). It was a False Flag operation. Leftist are to blame for the messaging of the day. The President telling the VP to not certify the election, SoS to find votes, The President propagating lies in such an effective manner that 70% of his party doesn’t believe the results to this day is not worrisome.

This is some madness :lol:  

Sorry man. 

Jan 6th was not dangerous (or if it was the important issue is BLM protests also were dangerous). It was a False Flag operation. Leftist are to blame for the messaging of the day. The President telling the VP to not certify the election, SoS to find votes, The President propagating lies in such an effective manner that 70% of his party doesn’t believe the results to this day is not worrisome.

This is some madness :lol:  

Sorry man. 
Here is some video for you. 

I am quite aware.  But this destroys the narrative that these people were there to hunt down and kill Pelosi and Pense. 
And yet they dragged, beat tased, and threatened to kill a cop. But they would have just "yelled" at Pence and the Congressmen who hide in fear of their lives.

And for the record, it was the Trump administration who first brought up white supremacists as a national threat.

And yet they dragged, beat tased, and threatened to kill a cop. But they would have just "yelled" at Pence and the Congressmen who hide in fear of their lives.

And for the record, it was the Trump administration who first brought up white supremacists as a national threat.
No it was not.  

No it was not. 
Wall Street Journal, Oct. 6, 2020 8:25 pm ET

White Supremacists, Russia Pose Top Threats, Homeland Security Says

“Racially and ethnically motivated violent extremists…specifically white supremacist extremists…will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland,” according to the report.

19 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

No it was not. 
Expand  
Wall Street Journal, Oct. 6, 2020 8:25 pm ET

White Supremacists, Russia Pose Top Threats, Homeland Security Says

“Racially and ethnically motivated violent extremists…specifically white supremacist extremists…will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland,” according to the report.
More from the Wall Street Journal,

Sept. 24, 2020 9:42 pm ET

Mr. Cuccinelli’s comments are notable because a current senior official recently alleged in a whistleblower complaint that Homeland Security’s leadership played down the threat of white supremacists to align with the Trump White House’s agenda. DHS has denied the whistleblower’s complaint.

“When white supremacists act as terrorists, more people per incident are killed,” Mr. Cuccinelli said at the hearing Thursday before the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, responding to questions from Sen. Jacky Rosen (D., Nev.).

“It isn’t a belief; it’s just looking at the data,” Mr. Cuccinelli said.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Wasn't the purpose to hold off on having Pence certify the election?  Buy more time to put more pressure on more people?  The fact that they immediately reconvened that night prevented this from working.

I doubt all right wing organizations are labeled as white supremacist groups. Specifically which groups are you referring to here?
We can start with Oath Keepers who are a conspiracy group not a white supremacy group who were largely behind Januady 6th which Garland labled white supremist.  There has been a tendency to label any group that is pro-Trump as white suoremists.  The Charlottesville protests which was mostly pro-second Amendment and right wing groups with a sprinkling if a few white supremacy groups who showed up, was also widely considered labeled a white supremist rally.  

We can start with Oath Keepers who are a conspiracy group not a white supremacy group who were largely behind Januady 6th which Garland labled white supremist.  There has been a tendency to label any group that is pro-Trump as white suoremists.  The Charlottesville protests which was mostly pro-second Amendment and right wing groups with a sprinkling if a few white supremacy groups who showed up, was also widely considered labeled a white supremist rally.  
I must suck at Google because I can’t find anything about Garland labeling the Oath Keepers as a white supremacist group.

I don’t understand how you can label the Charlottesville protest as anything other than racist. They were there to protest the removal of a confederate statue that was erected during the Jim Crow era. It really says something about these “right wing” and “pro-second amendment” groups that they didn’t go home once a parade of Nazis showed up at the protest. If Nazis showed up to protest alongside me I would self reflect on what I’m protesting. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread