What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect
No?

I’m sorry but that 44 second clip of The Qanon Shaman trying to reason with..... his fellow tourists... does little to prove that there was no violence.

But, I’m open to learning more about your view. Please offer some other video evidence. TIA.

And wouldn’t you support a bipartisan congressional committee that would surely prove you correct?

No?

I’m sorry but that 44 second clip of The Qanon Shaman trying to reason with..... his fellow tourists... does little to prove that there was no violence.

But, I’m open to learning more about your view. Please offer some other video evidence. TIA.

And wouldn’t you support a bipartisan congressional committee that would surely prove you correct?
It proves the MSM narrative that it was a violent insurrection is false.  

It proves the MSM narrative that it was a violent insurrection is false.  
Is it possible that during this 44 second clip it was peaceful, but later turned violent?

Do you think it’s possible that somewhere out there exists a 44 second video that does in fact show violence?

I have no issue with being proud to be a southerner. I am proud of where I am from as well. I would think there are other ways to show your southern pride than to fly a flag that represents an attack on the United States and our history of slavery. If there are well-intentioned people flying it, it purely out of ignorance. 
I don't disagree - I think it's both willful ignorance and a sense that it doesn't apply to them because they aren't racist.  And while I get that perspective I don't agree with it.

I hate "what about"-isms. It's a lazy, fallacy-driven, argument technique. But there were 33 Congressional hearings on Benghazi, Hillary Clinton testified for 11 hours, the process took a total of two years. And these guys don't want to have ONE hearing on 1/6, and among the reasons given is that 5 months have passed? C'mon. 

I hate "what about"-isms. It's a lazy, fallacy-driven, argument technique. But there were 33 Congressional hearings on Benghazi, Hillary Clinton testified for 11 hours, the process took a total of two years. And these guys don't want to have ONE hearing on 1/6, and among the reasons given is that 5 months have passed? C'mon. 
People died at Benghazi, big difference

GOP give zero @@@@@

They don't want the truth...because it shines a poor light on the guy they feel will help them get re-elected.

The video being used here as proof that it was overwhelmingly peaceful was taken from inside the Capitol Building.  How do you guys think they got there?

Raw, unfiltered reactions from Republicans:

Sen. Lindsey Graham expressed his disgust on the Senate floor: “Trump and I, we had a hell of a journey. I hate it being this way . . . but today all I can say is count me out. Enough is enough. I tried to be helpful.” 

Sen. Mitch McConnell said Trump provoked the mob by feeding them lies, and signaled that he might be open to impeachment.

Rep. Kevin McCarthy said Trump was responsible for the storming of the Capitol, and warned his caucus not to criticize members who voted for impeachment because it might endanger their lives.

National Review published pro-impeachment articles, and the Wall Street Journal called for Trump to resign.

Ten House Republicans, including a sulphuric Liz Cheney, voted to impeach.

Even Ari Fleischer said, “At this point, I won’t defend him anymore. I won’t defend him for stirring the pot that incited the mob. He’s on his own.”

The only difference is Dems haven't flip-flopped.
You equate flip-flopping with discovering that the original narrative was a complete fabrication of reality.  

You equate flip-flopping with discovering that the original narrative was a complete fabrication of reality.  
They didn't need a narrative, most of those quotes are from people who lived it. They provided the narrative.

The "narrative" is what came after. Some call it "spin".

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't need a narrative, most of those quotes are from people who lived it. They provided the narrative.
Sure the did.  They were lied to that the insurrectionosts were armed.  They were not.  They were told that the insurrection was deadly.  It was not, unless you count police shooting an unarmed woman.  The media bombarded the airways with the most provocative videos they could come up with and put them on a constant loop while they kept repeating lies.  

Sure the did.  They were lied to that the insurrectionosts were armed.  They were not.  They were told that the insurrection was deadly.  It was not, unless you count police shooting an unarmed woman.  The media bombarded the airways with the most provocative videos they could come up with and put them on a constant loop while they kept repeating lies.  
Unreal.

Anyway, I'm out.

It’s interesting how the videos with the most violence are also the most provocative.

Lots of them walked in peacefully through the security lines.  
Since  you guys like BLM analogies....

If I walk into a store through windows that have been smashed by bricks at a BLM riot just to browse the store's merchandise, I'm going to assume you find this acceptable behavior?

It’s interesting how the videos with the most violence are also the most provocative.
Unless it is a blm protest, then they stick to showing the peaceful side, or at least as much as possible with the city burning in the background.  

Unless it is a blm protest, then they stick to showing the peaceful side, or at least as much as possible with the city burning in the background.  
You might be on to something...

I have indeed seen several videos of peaceful BLM protesters.

...while only seeing the 44 seconds of the Qanon Shaman attempting to organize a peaceful protest on January 6.

Clearly, I have been brainwashed by the MSM...

...because that looks like a whole lot of people that should be in prison to me.
Don't believe what you think you're seeing. What's happening here is the usual tour group stopping to ask directions to the location of Mike Pence. They want to talk to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread