What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in this video (which is one of the more hilarious things that happened on 1/6) they say that these people got there by rushing past security. There weren’t bag checks. Barricades were broken down. Given how they got there, it’s amazing most of those people stayed within the ropes. 
The commentators did not say they rushed past security.  Security rushed the protestors through.  

Excuse me where can I bag check my hammer and bear mace?
How many guys had bear spray?  Just a couple of the Oath Keepers guys as far as I know.  You guys ignore the millions of object BLM peaceful protestors hurled at police.  But you want to implicate the actions of everyone else here by the actions of a few.  It sickens me how bias you guys are.  

How many guys had bear spray?  Just a couple of the Oath Keepers guys as far as I know.  You guys ignore the millions of object BLM peaceful protestors hurled at police.  But you want to implicate the actions of everyone else here by the actions of a few.  It sickens me how bias you guys are.  
There was bear spray or whatever these drops use at multiple entrances being breached. 

Violence is violence. Counter productive to what you are trying to do IMO. 

I would hold attacking the Capitol at a much different level than some jackasses looting a Nordstroms. Watching people do the later definitely pissed me off in large part because it takes away from the message and what majority of people were trying to accomplish as it related to summer protests and destroying a business is utterly stupid. 

I don’t understand the attempts to draw these parallels between violent protest at some other point and this one on Jan 6th however. 

My issue with Jan 6th is it was born from Trumps bull####, riling up all these rubes under this faux patriot crap (these Proud Boys wanna be revolutionaries can suck a ####, truly awful people).  The losing President doing this is just unimaginable. 

That people are seeming to dismiss this because of other protest violence is just bizarre, the it wasn’t that bad take is even more strange.

There was bear spray or whatever these drops use at multiple entrances being breached. 

Violence is violence. Counter productive to what you are trying to do IMO. 

I would hold attacking the Capitol at a much different level than some jackasses looting a Nordstroms. Watching people do the later definitely pissed me off in large part because it takes away from the message and what majority of people were trying to accomplish as it related to summer protests and destroying a business is utterly stupid. 

I don’t understand the attempts to draw these parallels between violent protest at some other point and this one on Jan 6th however. 

My issue with Jan 6th is it was born from Trumps bull####, riling up all these rubes under this faux patriot crap (these Proud Boys wanna be revolutionaries can suck a ####, truly awful people).  The losing President doing this is just unimaginable. 

That people are seeming to dismiss this because of other protest violence is just bizarre, the it wasn’t that bad take is even more strange.
Apparently violence isn't violence because the left only talks about violence when it advances their political objectives.  

Apparently violence isn't violence because the left only talks about violence when it advances their political objectives.  
You don’t find this a little time deaf in the “Jan 6th riot” thread that was born from the “stop the steal” protest?

Come on :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The commentators did not say they rushed past security.  Security rushed the protestors through.  
No. Wolf says that these individuals rushed through security (the 12 second mark). 

Is your contention that the Capital police were quickly doing a security check to let this mass of people come through or that this mass of people rushed by and overwhelmed security? 

Do you have one video where bags are being checked as people calmly waited their turn?

I have seen many video of people going through the scanners being manned by security.  And they are calmly opening their bags and walking through the scanners and seemingly in full compliance with what they are being asked to do.   They were 'rushed through security' but that was because security was doing cursory checks, not that they were running by and bypassing the checkpoints.   
Where are these videos?

Ill give $1 to charity of choice for every unique video of people calmly going through security between 130 pm est and before say 5pm est on Jan 6, 2021

jon_mx said:
Many of them if not the vast majority calmly walked through security and had their bags checked.  But you won't see any balance in the propaganda videos you watch, so I would not expect you to know.  

moleculo said:
Imma call bull#### right here.

jon_mx said:
Watch for yourself. 

https://youtu.be/y9WPuA6EUaw

You hear CNN describing an unbelievable violent coup attempt.  Video shows protestors slowly walking in being guided by security taking pictures, waving flags and staying within the velvet ropes.  But some people believe what they are told and are not capable of looking at the actual video they are watching and questioning what the puppet masters say.  
I'm not going to watch all 10 minutes.  Can you point to the part in the video where they calmly walked thru security and had their bags checked?

And lol at staying within the velvet ropes.  Sure, some did, others...not so much.

Tell me - who is interpreting these videos for you?

I'm not going to watch all 10 minutes.  Can you point to the part in the video where they calmly walked thru security and had their bags checked?

And lol at staying within the velvet ropes.  Sure, some did, others...not so much.

Tell me - who is interpreting these videos for you?
I mean cities were burned to the ground in that world too. What happened in the riots last summer were disgusting, no question.  The projection via hyperbole between "no big deal" in DC and "burn the city down" everywhere else when that happened nowhere is something. 

jon_mx said:
Not really since you don't control and direct government resources which direct all attention to focus on January 6th and the threat of the oppressive people of non-color.  You have no influence on big tech and their war on rural white Americans.  You don't work in the media which pollutes the internet and airwaves with hate-filled anti-white propaganda.  
Pretty much no one else does either.  Possibly "work in media" groups exist if we stretch these definitions.

Thomas Robertson is a military vet & former police officer and now, an insurrectionist who broke his promise to defend the United States of America.

He says he was “willing to put skin in the game”, and risk arrest.

Hopefully his skin will soon be in prison and his freedom he and his fellow soldiers once defended is taken away for a while.
From that link, statements from Thomas Robertson, one of the folks actually there:

”CNN and the Left are just mad because we actually attacked the government who is the problem and not some random small business . . . The right IN ONE DAY took the f***** U.S. Capitol.  Keep poking us.”

“Well **** you.  Being nice, polite, writing letters and sending emails hasn’t worked . . . All that’s left is violence and YOU and your ‘Friends on the other side of the isle’ have pushed Americans into that corner.  The pictures of Senators cowering on the floor with genuine fear on their faces is the most American thing I have seen in my life.  Once . . . for real . . . you people ACTUALLY realized who you work for.”

“Peace is done. Now is the time for all the braggart ‘Patriots’ to buckle armor or shut the **** up. Facebook warriors time is done. The next revolution started 1/6/21”

From that link, statements from Thomas Robertson, one of the folks actually there:

”CNN and the Left are just mad because we actually attacked the government who is the problem and not some random small business . . . The right IN ONE DAY took the f***** U.S. Capitol.  Keep poking us.”

“Well **** you.  Being nice, polite, writing letters and sending emails hasn’t worked . . . All that’s left is violence and YOU and your ‘Friends on the other side of the isle’ have pushed Americans into that corner.  The pictures of Senators cowering on the floor with genuine fear on their faces is the most American thing I have seen in my life.  Once . . . for real . . . you people ACTUALLY realized who you work for.”

“Peace is done. Now is the time for all the braggart ‘Patriots’ to buckle armor or shut the **** up. Facebook warriors time is done. The next revolution started 1/6/21”
Is this admission of being a traitor willing to murder Americans in the name of Trump enough to lock Tom Bob up? I hope so. 

Meh, Maxine Waters has said worse, and Antifa and BLM have done worse.

Tommy son of Bob seems kinda unhinged. I certainly don't want this guy as a neighbor or coworker. Assuming he owns firearms, I'd go so far as to question his continued right to do so given his public statements. This kind of stuff is what red flag is supposed to, you know, flag. 

Maxine waters isn't a professional athlete.  :shrug:

She's a professional race-baiter and race-hustler.
I was talking about the Thomas Robertson kook who was quoted upthread. He’s taking about crazy stuff anti-government stuff, was in the Capitol on Jan 6th and this was being dismissed because of some BLM thing.  

The reason whataboutism won’t go away on this topic is because many believe that Jan. 6th has been completely blown out of proportion.  And it has.
Why were you dismissing the crazy talk from the Jan 6th guy because of BLM? The guy talking about watching people cower on floors, buckling up his body armor and a revolution. The guy was an ex-cop to boot that sounds not good.

The reason whataboutism won’t go away on this topic is because many believe that Jan. 6th has been completely blown out of proportion.  And it has.
Only time can tell how significant Jan 6 was.  I hope you are right and it will be regarded as an insignificant temper tantrum.  

That being said, whataboutism and whitewashing only served to provide cover for this behavior.  I fear the constant minimization will lead to escalation.

Why were you dismissing the crazy talk from the Jan 6th guy because of BLM? The guy talking about watching people cower on floors, buckling up his body armor and a revolution. The guy was an ex-cop to boot that sounds not good.
I think he was a cop (not an ex-cop) on January 6th. 

I think he was a cop (not an ex-cop) on January 6th. 
Man. Even worse. 

A cop, taking about a revolution, part of the Jan 6th lunacy. 

Dismissed because of…Maxine Waters  :mellow:

Also interesting is this line of thought that an athlete kneels or puts a shirt on their head during the anthem and it’s cause for outrage…a traitorous, badge carrying kook telling people to armor up because Trump fed him lies for a couple months well that’s no problem because of BLM.

Two or more separate things can be terrible. To ensure that we reduce or eliminate these terrible things from occuring again we should not aim to minimize any terribleness out of a sense of fielty or reactive political leanings. I feel that this sentiment applies circularly, that is, it is without sides.

If your starting position is that rioting, race baiting, or interference with the peaceful transition of power is to be downplayed, expect to be shouted down. If your starting position is that a clearly terrible thing is indeed not terrible, expect to be shouted down.

Just a tourist caught up in a mistake by following the crowd

Two or more separate things can be terrible. To ensure that we reduce or eliminate these terrible things from occuring again we should not aim to minimize any terribleness out of a sense of fielty or reactive political leanings. I feel that this sentiment applies circularly, that is, it is without sides.

If your starting position is that rioting, race baiting, or interference with the peaceful transition of power is to be downplayed, expect to be shouted down. If your starting position is that a clearly terrible thing is indeed not terrible, expect to be shouted down.
If your starting position is that race had anything to do with Jan. 6th then expect to be shouted down.

Do I support what went on that day?  No - just like I don’t support a lot of the tactics used by the Left in protesting the last couple years.  But the Left is over-dramatizing that day to score political points.  It’s still on CNN almost every night.  Overkill and agenda driven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread