What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Javon Walker a Bronco! (1 Viewer)

Clearly, the team whose QB has never played one snap in the NFL is a much more sure thing than the team with a QB who's won 3 rings and led the league in passing yards last year.  I'll take the team with the rookie RB/WR combo than the rookie QB who played for a losing college team.

Thanks for playing.
You're funny!Our QB beat your QB in the AFC playoffs.... remember?
Must be really confident in him to move up to the #11 and pay Cutler early first round money to hold a clipboard.
Or, maybe, they had Cutler pegged as the top QB of this draft class. Maybe, they felt he was worthy of a top 5 pick, and simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to trade up and grab him when he slipped out of the top 10.
Maybe, but that puts the cap in a vacuum.Plummer's got four more seasons left on that 7 yr/$40 million deal. Can they afford to carry two high cap numbers at the same position when they were so up against the cap in the first place heading into this offseason?
Well, I assume if Cutler is NFL ready in two years, there's a good chance Plummer will be gone. Denver has always been very clever in manipulating their cap number (too clever at times). I'm sure they've taken it into consideration.
Fine, but for two years, what's the opportunity cost for carrying Cutler and his expected HUGE cap number on your roster?

Green Bay passed on Chambers (Jackson) to draft Ferguson (Jennings) again.

Green Bay has a hard time with WR's.

Clearly, the team whose QB has never played one snap in the NFL is a much more sure thing than the team with a QB who's won 3 rings and led the league in passing yards last year. I'll take the team with the rookie RB/WR combo than the rookie QB who played for a losing college team.

Thanks for playing.
Must be really confident in him to move up to the #11 and pay Cutler early first round money to hold a clipboard.
Just ask AJ Smith.

Green Bay passed on Chambers (Jackson) to draft Ferguson (Jennings) again.

Green Bay has a hard time with WR's.
:rolleyes: Same thing everyone said about Terrence Murphy last year too, and the guy was on the verge of making a solid contribution prior to a career ending injury.

Seriously, though, why the hell didn't Green Bay take Chad Jackson? Knowing they're going to be trading Javon for the very next pick, it doesn't make sense to pass on a guy like Chad Jackson.
Maybe they don't think Chad Jackson is a good football player.
Agreed. I'm a huge Florida fan, and saw every game this year. When Jackson left early for the NFL, I scratched my head and thought he was stupid. When scouts started talking about him as a 1st-rounder, I scratched my head and thought they were stupider.If he's such a great deep threat, then why'd he have such a pedestrian ypc last season against college CBs? If he's such a playmaker, then why did half of his TDs come in three games against non-BCS schools (not that he had double-digit TDs to begin with)? If he's such a great WR, why couldn't he even break 1,000 yards receiving in a WR-friendly offense with a fantastic passer and NO OTHER LEGITIMATE RECEIVING THREATS ON THE TEAM?

Seriously, he got far and away the lion's share of the targets, and he didn't make anything of them in college. I don't get why he's going to suddenly start making something of them in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I seriously HOPE he does, I'm just extremely puzzled by it.

Does Javon Surprass R. Smith as early as this year as the Broncos #1 WR?

Who will get more targets?

Who will have better numbers at seasons end?

Smith is no spring chicken.
I say next year. Again, his injury doesn't have a history of quick comebacks.
Plummer makes the Broncos scary in a few years? What's the point of carrying Cutler high first round money if he's not the future "in a year or so"?
Here's the point. Prior to today, Mike Shanahan hadn't had a draft pick higher than #15 overall. Rather than risk having to wait another 12 years to draft a franchise QB, Shanny pounced on the opportunity that was in front of him.Besides, Plummer hasn't missed a game in two years... but if he DOES miss, Bradlee Van Pelt was next in line. Van Pelt to Cutler is such a huge upgrade that Denver's immediately a better team, even this year.

Maybe, but that puts the cap in a vacuum.

Plummer's got four more seasons left on that 7 yr/$40 million deal. Can they afford to carry two high cap numbers at the same position when they were so up against the cap in the first place heading into this offseason?
Part of the reason they were so high against the cap was because over the past 2 years they'd been executing a plan to clear all of the dead money off of their cap. Just because they were tight up against it this year doesn't mean they're tight up against it next year.Granted, I haven't seen any projections since Nalen, Lepsis, and Warren got resigned... but when last I saw, Denver was actually in pretty good cap shape for next year.

Yep, for the #37 pick straight up
Am I crazy, or would this actually raise Lelie up a few notches? You could move Lelie to the slot and by having the opponent's top CB's focused on Walker and R. Smith, this could free up Lelie for some deep bombs.
You are crazy. Denver's #3 WR has produced little to nothing over the past however many years. Additionally, Lelie now has to compete with Rod Smith and Walker for catches. How many #3 WRs make for good fantasy WRs? Not many, ever.
I agree, my expectations for him are minimal. He's alot like a young Corey Bradford.

Clearly, the team whose QB has never played one snap in the NFL is a much more sure thing than the team with a QB who's won 3 rings and led the league in passing yards last year.  I'll take the team with the rookie RB/WR combo than the rookie QB who played for a losing college team.

Thanks for playing.
Or, maybe, they had Cutler pegged as the top QB of this draft class. Maybe, they felt he was worthy of a top 5 pick, and simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to trade up and grab him when he slipped out of the top 10.
Maybe, but that puts the cap in a vacuum.Plummer's got four more seasons left on that 7 yr/$40 million deal. Can they afford to carry two high cap numbers at the same position when they were so up against the cap in the first place heading into this offseason?
Well, I assume if Cutler is NFL ready in two years, there's a good chance Plummer will be gone. Denver has always been very clever in manipulating their cap number (too clever at times). I'm sure they've taken it into consideration.
Fine, but for two years, what's the opportunity cost for carrying Cutler and his expected HUGE cap number on your roster?
NOt huge - even if he gets 20 million signing bonus - that is only just over 3 Million per year in a 6 year contract - plus base salary obviously. if he can be signed to a seven year contract we are looking at below 3 mill

Cutler is still a little raw, he will be a perfect fit in three years.

Lelie wont be the third receiver. He will be gone soon. Maybe today. He wants out, they dont need him, he will be traded.

Rod Smith and Easy Ed were dominating when paired together. Walker and Smith could be just as good if not better. Rod Smith's numbers may be better this year with less double teams.

Not a Broncos fan but they got better yesterday and added depth.

Users who are viewing this thread