What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (2 Viewers)

Looked like there were a lot of clues left on the board when double jeopardy ended last night. Champ gets a 2K to finally take a $200 lead and boom, the round immediately ends. About 1/3rd of the board still in play. He ended up losing (to a guy who answered dodger stadium in a question about roof color :loco: ) but still, seemed like shenanigans to me that the DJ round ended right when it did.
I thought there were only about 2-3 clues left.............

the thing is, you usually want to be in first, but had he not gotten the final 2k answer, he would've been behind light loafers and likely would've won making the wager that light loafers made.

I thought the answer was Houston Astrodome, though I am obviously unaware of Dodger Stadium's roof.

Why did the girl wager anything last night? Her only shot at a victory was to bet nothing and hope the two guys both went big (which they had to in order to beat the other) and they both get the question wrong.

Why did the girl wager anything last night? Her only shot at a victory was to bet nothing and hope the two guys both went big (which they had to in order to beat the other) and they both get the question wrong.
I agree, but she couldn't win realistically, cause the guy in the middle only had to bet enough to jump over Jackson. that said, final jeopardy betting is half the battle sometimes, people just don't prepare enough to understand how they can win. if she stands still, maybe she gets lucky.

Yeah that dude has at least one murder on his resume. Kudos to him for turning himself in for a wrong answer last night though

Dodger stadium roof cracked me up as well

Looked like there were a lot of clues left on the board when double jeopardy ended last night. Champ gets a 2K to finally take a $200 lead and boom, the round immediately ends. About 1/3rd of the board still in play. He ended up losing (to a guy who answered dodger stadium in a question about roof color :loco: ) but still, seemed like shenanigans to me that the DJ round ended right when it did.
I think they had 5-6 questions still left in 2 or 3 categories still but I could be wrong.

The FJ question had me stumped.

I think they had 5-6 questions still left in 2 or 3 categories still but I could be wrong.

The "galaxy" gold thing had me thinking something space related, but I went with Cape Canaveral as I think the lady did. My wife didn't give me partial credit.

The "galaxy" gold thing had me thinking something space related, but I went with Cape Canaveral as I think the lady did. My wife didn't give me partial credit.
I'm pretty sure the Cape has a roof just like Dodger Stadium's.

I never thought space needle because I never considered it having a "roof".

I never thought space needle because I never considered it having a "roof".
Me, neither.

I agree, but she couldn't win realistically, cause the guy in the middle only had to bet enough to jump over Jackson. that said, final jeopardy betting is half the battle sometimes, people just don't prepare enough to understand how they can win. if she stands still, maybe she gets lucky.
When the two leaders are way ahead and close to each other, the only smart bet for the person in 3rd is nothing or close to it. But most of the fools, bet it all.

When the two leaders are way ahead and close to each other, the only smart bet for the person in 3rd is nothing or close to it. But most of the fools, bet it all.
Of course those fools are on Jeopardy and you are at home, stroking your math boner with Cheeto-stained fingers.

So, I have this weird memory of watching Jeopardy in high school or college, and the question was: "The City of Brotherly Love." And one of the contestants answered quickly and blurted out "San Francisco." And I have this memory of Alex getting flustered by the answer, almost guffawing, before moving on.

Does anyone remember that? I'm almost positive that actually happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I have this weird memory of watching Jeopardy in high school or college, and the question was: "The City of Brotherly Love." And one of the contestants answered quickly and blurted out "San Francisco." And I have this memory of Alex getting flustered by the answer, almost guffawing, before moving on.

oh yeah. that was awesome.

I remember it but I thought it was "in the butt, Bob".

I love how Trebeck will deliver his canned questions to the contestants about their personal lives and half the time looks bored and just says "Okay good" when they're done.

I love how Trebeck will deliver his canned questions to the contestants about their personal lives and half the time looks bored and just says "Okay good" when they're done.
women always talk about their cats. when they watch the replay I wonder if they realize they have become crazy cat women.

I remember it but I thought it was "in the butt, Bob".
It looks like that one did, in fact, happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-qc-ntq5qw

The 70s were weird.

women always talk about their cats. when they watch the replay I wonder if they realize they have become crazy cat women.
It really is amazing how maybe 1 in 1000 women on the show are even remotely bangable.

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Mr. Mojo said:
Of course those fools are on Jeopardy and you are at home, stroking your math boner with Cheeto-stained fingers.
I just don't understand how someone who is smart enough to get on the show, can't grasp simple betting logic. And this is after they have watched the show countless times and seen the various outcomes. :confused:

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Mr. Mojo said:
I just don't understand how someone who is smart enough to get on the show, can't grasp simple betting logic. And this is after they have watched the show countless times and seen the various outcomes. :confused:
Given how difficult it is to get on the show, I don't get why they don't learn how to play the game. It drives me nuts. It's not that hard to learn basic betting and game play.

Oh burn! Jeopardy players are sooo much brighter than the rest of us slobs.

Not all of them.

Not all of them.
Yes all of them, they're on Jeopardy for god's sake

I realize that but even so these two are even more weird then most...not saying they aren't brilliant....Watch the end where trubrik goes over to talk and neither would make eye contact.

I think all of the attention has gotten to Matt's head. He was a bit more toned-down yesterday, but he was really schticking it up in the semifinals -- the "jazz hands" during his Cabaret response, and the "boom" during Final Jeopardy were a bit much.

My goal is to get any question right in the Tournament of Champions final 2 games that the champs don't get. Even if it's just one answer, that makes my day. Those guys are just amazing.

Alex may be the best ever to be on the show next to Ken Jennings. When he gets rolling he's almost impossible to stop. Bouncing around categories and only referring to the category with a single word is brilliant too. Other contestants are almost always back on their heels. By the time they realize what category they're in he's answering and zipping over to another. Uses the daily doubles the best of anyone. If he believes there's a good chance he'll get it right, he bets it all, if not, he bets nothing. Great use of the late game stall tactic too. When the board is full he zips around at breakneck speed, when only 10 clues left in double jeopardy, suddenly he's flummoxed and can't decide where to go? I don't think so. Stalls when answering daily doubles too, especially in DJ. I thought his semi-final match against the odd young guy from Massachusetts, forgot his name (Britton Banshee or something like that?), that kid was a great player and Alex shut him out in the Jeopardy round. Never buzzed in once. Thought Matt would give him a run but it wasn't close last night. Should be over before Final Jeopardy tonight with that lead. Amazing that Alex lost at all when he was a regular contestant on a fairly easy Final Jeopardy question. Something about the picture site Facebook bought I think. I think the answer was Instagram and he had a brain fart and went with the other one. Figured he would dominate forever.

My goal is to get any question right in the Tournament of Champions final 2 games that the champs don't get. Even if it's just one answer, that makes my day. Those guys are just amazing.
There was an easyish one yesterday, they didn't know who Joe Bonamassa is

I don't think the questions are that hard. The challenge for the contestants is quick recall, being the first to buzz in, and wagering correctly on the daily doubles. You can't get flustered or you'll not be able to recall anything. Slow down a little bit and suddenly you're losing. Add in the pressure of a TV studio environment with Trebeck and the bright lights, it's quite the gauntlet even for really smart people.

Nice, just found out that someone my Brother used to date/sleep with in college was on Jeopardy. I've seen her boobs, not that impressive. She got 2nd. I know.. good story.

Users who are viewing this thread