What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Rogan presidential debate? (1 Viewer)

Can he bring some of his UFC guys to serve as “lumberjacks?”
Funny story but in the early 2000’s (the early days of the UFC) I ran a big bar and nightclub in downtown San Diego.  Ken Shamrock use to come in a fair amount, he was probably the biggest name in the sport at the time along with Tito Ortiz.  Ken was running a gym in town filled with UFC fighters, long story short after a few conversations almost my entire security staff was made up of them.  Was that way for years. I lost track of how many times we’d watch a fight on TV that Saturday and be rooting for guys we worked with.  Almost to a man they were some of the nicest guys I’ve met.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I know for sure Rogan wouldn’t interrupt every 2 seconds to save Biden liken Wallace did.
That's a fair point. If someone in a debate interrupts people every 2 seconds then it isn't really a debate at all..... and that person certainly shouldn't be allowed in the room if thy can't conduct themselves like an adult for an hour or so. 

Terminalxylem said:
My degree is in biochemistry, but I’ve taken nutrition classes and kept up reasonably well with the clinical literature. One of my close friends runs an academic weight management center/bariatric clinic and a regular climbing buddy is a nutritionist, so it’s a frequent topic of discussion. FWIW, both of those guys are vegan, and neither grew up that way. 

My gestalt of the available data sides with the healthfulness of a plant-based diet, though I’m not sure strict veganism is better than near vegetarism, especially pescatarianism. I think people get too caught up with rapid weight loss and counting something towards their goals, be it calories, fat or more recently, carbohydrate intake. I believe functional longevity is the most relevant goal of any diet, and pretty much all long lived populations consume plant-based, minimally processed diets. Although unprocessed is good, I don’t think there’s a lot on mainstream scientific support for primitive meaty diets like those condoned by Rogan and some of his guests.

I’m familiar with Salatin through reading The Omnivore’s Dilemma - great book, btw. I know and appreciate his general philosophy of farming, but will check out the podcast and report back later. But realize my bias is fairly anti-meat from the get-go. 
Thanks and I look forward to your thoughts.   I’ve been considering a vegan stint but have found my best gains in the gym have been when I consuming 4-5 meals of 25 grams of protein. Doing this with vegetarian sources pushes my caloric intake above my base burn rate unless I’m ultra training. I do think vegan would work for me if I keep my cardio up to burn the excess calories 

Terminalxylem said:
My degree is in biochemistry, but I’ve taken nutrition classes and kept up reasonably well with the clinical literature. One of my close friends runs an academic weight management center/bariatric clinic and a regular climbing buddy is a nutritionist, so it’s a frequent topic of discussion. FWIW, both of those guys are vegan, and neither grew up that way. 

My gestalt of the available data sides with the healthfulness of a plant-based diet, though I’m not sure strict veganism is better than near vegetarism, especially pescatarianism. I think people get too caught up with rapid weight loss and counting something towards their goals, be it calories, fat or more recently, carbohydrate intake. I believe functional longevity is the most relevant goal of any diet, and pretty much all long lived populations consume plant-based, minimally processed diets. Although unprocessed is good, I don’t think there’s a lot on mainstream scientific support for primitive meaty diets like those condoned by Rogan and some of his guests.

I’m familiar with Salatin through reading The Omnivore’s Dilemma - great book, btw. I know and appreciate his general philosophy of farming, but will check out the podcast and report back later. But realize my bias is fairly anti-meat from the get-go. 
Thanks and I look forward to your thoughts.   I’ve been considering a vegan stint but have found my best gains in the gym have been when I consuming 4-5 meals of 25 grams of protein. Doing this with vegetarian sources pushes my caloric intake above my base burn rate unless I’m ultra training. I do think vegan would work for me if I keep my cardio up to burn the excess calories 

Users who are viewing this thread