What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joey Harrington (1 Viewer)

freshly_shorn

Footballguy
Anyone else think Harrington has evil plans to topple the NFL? First, he's drafted by the Lions as the franchise QB they've always needed.. and we all know how that turned out.

Then he goes to Miami and Culpepper winds up being lame and useless and the team bites the big one...

Finally he shows up in Atlanta...

Is Joey Harrington the Antichrist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else think Harrington has evil plans to topple the NFL? First, he's drafted by the Lions as the franchise QB they've always needed.. and we all know how that turned out.Then he goes to Miami and Culpepper winds up being lame and useless and the team bites the big one...Finally he shows up in Atlanta... Is Joey Harrington the Antichrist?
I think Atlanta will post a better record this year than they have the last 2 years. Serious. :thumbup:

tadays newspaper had a blurb about how Lions fans threatened to kill his mother.....what a panzy ####

Anyone else think Harrington has evil plans to topple the NFL? First, he's drafted by the Lions as the franchise QB they've always needed.. and we all know how that turned out.Then he goes to Miami and Culpepper winds up being lame and useless and the team bites the big one...Finally he shows up in Atlanta... Is Joey Harrington the Antichrist?
You do know you can't us the Lions to prove a point do you. That has to be illegal.

LOL@ Joey Harrington suddenly being a savior.

Sure maybe he's a better human being, but he stinks at the NFL QB position. Vick is better than him. Joey would kill for a better than 1:1 TD:INT ratio and career YPA over 5.7.

GordonGekko said:
Harrington is like the John Travolta of the NFL, he just seems to have a coating of Teflon around him at all times. The Detroit years was like his own personal Battlefield Earth. Harrington has the tools to do the job, he just can't seem to put it together. I know it took Testaverde a long long time to kind of "get it" but then again Vinny played in a QB starved era for the most part. Harrington might "get it" one day, but probably not this year. Guy is just not a leader. He doesn't inspire fear and confidence.
But he does seem to manage to stay away from dog fights.

GordonGekko said:
Harrington is like the John Travolta of the NFL, he just seems to have a coating of Teflon around him at all times. The Detroit years was like his own personal Battlefield Earth. Harrington has the tools to do the job, he just can't seem to put it together. I know it took Testaverde a long long time to kind of "get it" but then again Vinny played in a QB starved era for the most part. Harrington might "get it" one day, but probably not this year. Guy is just not a leader. He doesn't inspire fear and confidence.
:thumbup: Every NFL player has talent. But you nailed it- he doesn't have that set of big shiny brass ones, 'intestinal fortitude' nor that never-say-die, iron-will required of a good NFL QB. The Testaverde comparison is a great one.But he is the DEVIL! :hot:

GordonGekko said:
So... is he the antichrist or just a Scientologist? or... is there a difference?

GordonGekko said:
So... is he the antichrist or just a Scientologist? or... is there a difference?
:ph34r:

He and David Carr are on a mission.

It seems we continue to see first year QBs stuggle.

I don't know why we seem to allow for WRs to develop as a backup for a couple years and then look for them to break out in their third year as a starter.

QBs don't seem to get the same leeway. Seems like they play a much more difficult position so their time frame should be longer than a WRs. Say a fifth year breakout. Yeah, that's the ticket - don't look for most quarterbacks to contribute until their fourth or fifth year.

Of course, this would still depend upon their situation.

I still think Harrington, Carr, and even Boller, have a lot of upside, but their initial situation was not good for a young QB. Both Harrington and Carr were thrust in as starters even though they had poor offensive lines with questionable offensive talent around them along with a defense that ranked in the bottom third and then experienced significant coaching turnover.

Name a top ten QB coming from a similar circumstance. Kitna broke the top ten, but he enjoyed a lot better RB situation plus the Martz scheme. Otherwise there are none.

You'd have to go all the way to 15 to find Losman, who could be a comparable. Although its hard to argue that Losman has been any more successful over his first three years than Harrington or Carr.

I just don't agree with putting these young quarterbacks into bad situations and then when they don't produce after three years, they're the anti-christ. Give em a break.

I just don't agree with putting these young quarterbacks into bad situations and then when they don't produce after three years, they're the anti-christ. Give em a break.
He's a jinx is the point of this topic. The matter of his talent and career is an entirely different, and sad, story. :goodposting:

In one less year Harrington has thrown for more yards, more TDs, and has a better completion % than Vick.
:wub: :thumbup:
:rolleyes: What I said is true.
Vick averaged 6.7 YPA. Harrinton 5.7. Advantage: Vick.In 74 games, Vick put up 15375 total yards. In 70 games, Harrington put up 12850 total yards. Advantage: Vick. In 74 games, Vick put up 93 total TDs. In 70 games, Harrington put up 72 total TDs. Advantage: Vick. In 74 games, Vick had 71 passing TDs. In 70 games, Harrington put up 72 passing TDs. Advantage: Even. In 74 games, Vick had 55 interceptions. In 70 games, Harrington had 77. Advantage: Vick. In 74 games, Vick put up 11505 passing yards. In 70 games, Harrington put up 12478 passing yards. Advantage: Harrington. Vick had a career completion percentage of 53.8. Harrington's was 55.2. Slight advantage: Harrington. Vick had the ball 2257 times, and made a positive play with it 1457 of them. Harrington had the ball 2318 times and only made a positive play 1337 times. Advantage: VickIf you completely disregard Vick's rushing numbers, Harrington has been almost exactly the same passer as Vick. That's awful. If you consider the rushing, Vick was so much better than Harrington it's not funny. Next time on Ridiculous Arguments, we can discuss how Harrington's leadership skills will help the Falcons.

<begin tasteless joke>Am I the only one at least a little bit disappointed that Vick didn't try to run from the cops? OJ was so far past his prime he had to drive, but a scene of Vick dodging his way through police and perhaps hurtling PETA protesters would be played on ESPN Ocho until the end of time.</you were warned, but if you didn't want something tasteless what are you doing in this thread?>

Last edited by a moderator:
In one less year Harrington has thrown for more yards, more TDs, and has a better completion % than Vick.
Vick has won more playoff games including the 1st one on Green Bay's home field and also went to the NFC Championship a few seasons ago...c'mon now.

<begin tasteless joke>Am I the only one at least a little bit disappointed that Vick didn't try to run from the cops? OJ was so far past his prime he had to drive, but a scene of Vick dodging his way through police and perhaps hurtling PETA protesters would be played on ESPN Ocho until the end of time.</you were warned, but if you didn't want something tasteless what are you doing in this thread?>
:cry: Ya.. it's a scene that harkens back, ironically, to that old commercial with OJ dashing through an airport!

Harrington is a better QB than Vick.
On what planet?
This one. Vick was not that good as a QB.ETA: Neither is Harrington, but let's not get wild and crazy about Vick's QB'ing abilities.
I can't believe this is even an argument. Ask 32 GMs, owners and coaches who they wanted to build a franchise around this past March, prior to the Bad Newz Kennels fiasco, I'll lay down big $$$ they would, to a man, say Vick. Just win, baby- that's what Vick did.

Harrington is a better QB than Vick.
On what planet?
This one. Vick was not that good as a QB.ETA: Neither is Harrington, but let's not get wild and crazy about Vick's QB'ing abilities.
See you're making the "Vick is not a good passer, therefore he's not better than another QB who stinks" argument. Vick is a mediocre passer. I will grant that. Even his mediocrity is better than Harrington's ineptitude. I would place Vick at the lower end of the -1 stdev mark. I'd place Harrington at the very bottom of any list of QB ability.Below average >>>> worst in the league

Vick has won more playoff games including the 1st one on Green Bay's home field and also went to the NFC Championship a few seasons ago...c'mon now.
The whole Vick in Atlanta with the 1st pick and the huge contract, has been a MASSIVE disappointment for that organization.

The whole Vick in Atlanta with the 1st pick and the huge contract, has been a MASSIVE disappointment for that organization.
Maybe on the field, but until this emerged I don't think Arthur Blank was too disappointed in Vick's effect on the financial bottom line.Business-wise, Vick was :pics: for Blank... WAS.

Users who are viewing this thread