What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Julius Thomas week 1...starting him with confidence? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked him up and inserted him into my line up during the game delay. I had Gronk as my only TE and didnt draft a backup. Man talk about luck.

Rhythmdoctor said:
People are waayyy over thinking this one. Thomas is a must start unless you have Graham. The easiest throw for a QB is up the middle to the TE, that's why you see a lot of TEs who play with rookie QBs get a lot of love. Peyton Manning is the smartest QB to ever play the game and if Thomas is wide open for a 7 yard gain, Peyton will take that all day long. I expect their trio of WRs getting much attention and therefore, Peyton, being the smart QB he is, will be hitting JT all night long. Did you guys watch him in the preseason? JT was getting the love. I expect that to carry over into the regular season.
You can't be quoting yourself. You just...well, you deserve it.
Sorry, man. I'm really not this douchy. I'm just high on my genius right now. Please forgive me.
Hey, when you're that right, chest thump a little.

Rhythmdoctor said:
People are waayyy over thinking this one. Thomas is a must start unless you have Graham. The easiest throw for a QB is up the middle to the TE, that's why you see a lot of TEs who play with rookie QBs get a lot of love. Peyton Manning is the smartest QB to ever play the game and if Thomas is wide open for a 7 yard gain, Peyton will take that all day long. I expect their trio of WRs getting much attention and therefore, Peyton, being the smart QB he is, will be hitting JT all night long. Did you guys watch him in the preseason? JT was getting the love. I expect that to carry over into the regular season.
You can't be quoting yourself. You just...well, you deserve it.
Sorry, man. I'm really not this douchy. I'm just high on my genius right now. Please forgive me.
Hey, when you're that right, chest thump a little.
:goodposting:

Thanks for the Julies Thomas Hype TRAIN!!!!!!!

I have him in all 4 leagues. Love this forum. Lots of BS argueing though.

Thanks again!

Anarchy99 said:
Rhythmdoctor said:
Certainly every year the regular season plays out exactly like the preseason does. And defenses play the same players and schemes in the preseason as they do in the regular season.
Yeah, that's what I said.

Anyways, haters aside, I'm calling 7-80-1 tonight for JT. Might have 50 and a touch before the 2nd QTR
Shoot, I almost forgot about this call I made right before kickoff!

On the one hand, his upside does seem higher than 3 catches per game. However, on the other hand, I don't think even his most rabid supporters expected this kind of output so the chest-thumping seems a bit overdone...

So... At the half...

JT: 25.7

The "top three": 11.7 (minus a fumble, maybe)

Code:
No, I don't expect this to be the norm, but it feels good for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no reason to think Thomas can't come in around #8 TE week one. He has Peyton Manning and is going against a defense that lost its heart and soul in the middle...Lewis and Reed. This isn't your normal Ravens D. I know, I know, but he has to compete with D. Thomas, Decker and Welker for targets. I've said it before and will say it again manning can care less who is target 1-4. If you are open first you get the ball .
So who do you think is gonna get open first? Studs like DT & Welker or a "nobody" like JT?
Well I guess JT answered that question. If you are around tomorrow I'll be fixing a big helping of crow.

On the one hand, his upside does seem higher than 3 catches per game. However, on the other hand, I don't think even his most rabid supporters expected this kind of output so the chest-thumping seems a bit overdone...
I d i o t.

Been watching him here in Denver at Broncos training camp for 3 years now, seeing the potential with my own eyes. Not smart enough to draft him this year. Grabbed Meyers as my TE2 instead. That decision is looking good right now! :topcat:

Had two drafts back to back on Sunday.

Few too many drinks over a 6 hour period. Forgot to draft a tight end in league 2. Picked Thomas up yesterday and started him.

Championship. All skill.

Picked him up and inserted him into my line up during the game delay.
Seriously? Wow.
Which commish service? Most lock at game time, regardless of any (very rare) delays.
Yahoo.

I did the same thing. I had him benched for Fred Davis, but decided at the last minute I wanted to go with Thomas. I jumped on at 8:30 eastern and Thomas was locked on my bench. A few minutes later they changed the game time to 8:55 and Thomas was free again.

I only want a response from people who started Thomas and announced it here before the game FIRST!!!

I'll start, ME!!!! Where are my fellow geniuses?

Denver's weapons have been on about a 3 year schedule lately. I live in the midwest (Kansas City) so maybe I'm a bit more tuned in, but I can remember heavy camp and preseason buzz on Eric Decker for about 2 years before he blew up. Wasn't shocking. The same thing happened with Demaryius, with him coming off PUP that one year, and than blowing up bigtime the next. Julius Thomas has had well known camp buzz, probably most notably on FootballGuys, for the last 2 years, so it kind of felt like just a matter of time.

Started him over gates and Pettigrew.

Not cuz I knew.. but cuz I HAD to have a guy playing on opening night to entertain me to the max.

Did that ever work out.

Time to sell Orange Julius - no longer part of the offense.

It was a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread