What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kevin Jones (1 Viewer)

Anthony Borbely said:
jkirk56 said:
Some how I got Jones in the elevetn round of a Dynasty draftWhen healthy he is a stud!
when has he ever been a stud??? Never even made it through a season healthy....
He was a top 10 fantasy RB last year before being hurt. That sounds like a stud to me.
Anthony, can you explain this news:Lions | Marinelli mum on K. Jones Published Fri Aug 31 1:56:00 a.m. ET 2007 (KFFL) Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli would not say what decision the team was making regarding the status of RB Kevin Jones (foot) Thursday, Aug. 30. "We'll meet Monday. We'll meet after the game like we do each week. We'll have a chance to meet with the doctors, our doctors, the doctors that they've talked to, Kevin (Jones), the trainers, myself, and Matt (Millen). We'll have a chance to sit down and talk," Marinelli said Why won't the team make the official announcement until Monday? Could Kowalski, who reported that KJ is definitely staying on PUP, have spoken too soon? I don't understand this. We had been told there would be a decision after the Thursday meeting with the doctors. We heard. But now Marinelli won't say?
Kowalski said that sources stated he would be on PUP. Then he said afterward that the decision had not been made. The decision seems to be trying to nail down a specific time that they think he could be healthy enough to play. The points made by the doctors and trainers is that he needs time to strengthen other areas, such as leg muscles, hip, etc. Basically, to get into football shape. The doctors said his foot is structurally and healing wise, close to 100%. But they have concerns about the other things, and the doctors think they should play it safe and leave him on PUP. It would be for 7 1/2 weeks from today. I think the feeling among coaches, namely Martz is that they should take him off PUP, believing that he may only miss 2-3 games. But I believe he will go on PUP so they can be more sure and strengthen the other muscles during the next 7 weeks.
Kowalski is a tool.
Why is that?
:unsure: He may have jumped the gun here, but for Lions news, he blows the other beat writers here out of the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every site I have seen has reported that he is "officially" on the PUP. But sounds like from the above that may or may not be that case?

He has not been placed on PUP yet, as of this post.

Really appreciate the info. Gotta love the shark pool. I am in several pulblic leagues where he was dropped yesterday based on the new of being on the PUP. Think I will snag him off waivers tonight. Sounds like worst case scenario is really back week 7.

Just in case jones DOES end up on the pup , this view makes some good points.

Lions' Jones will start season on PUP list, miss five games

By PFW staff

Aug. 30, 2007

If you’re into silver linings, then the news on RB Kevin Jones’ left foot is good: He is almost completely healed following Lisfranc surgery. But, erring on the side of caution, the Lions decided Thursday to keep Jones on the physically-unable-to-perform list. That means he will have to remain inactive until following Week Six, which is the Lions’ bye week, so the minimum number of games Jones will miss is five. Tatum Bell tops the depth chart at running back, followed by Aveion Cason, T.J. Duckett and Brian Calhoun.

The PFW spin

The news from Dr. Richard Anderson has to be considered a positive, even though Jones will be shelved for nearly a third of the season. The thinking was that Bell and Co. have looked good enough this summer to wait and be sure on Jones, who has been plagued by injuries for much of his short pro career. There are some who think Jones probably could have been added to the roster and been kept inactive for the first week or two of the regular season, but Lions officials and coaches felt no need to rush Jones back.

This way, the team still will have him for 11 games, assuming there are no complications along the way. None is expected. As Mike Martz said earlier this month, he was encouraged by Jones’ progress, and Martz has plans for Jones becoming a key part of the offense when he is ready to go.

At some point, Jones — and perhaps others — will need to spell Bell, who has about a 15-carry threshold in games before the law of diminishing returns rears its head. Bell always has been better as a change-of-pace back, and Jones is a better first-half runners than he is in the second halves of games. So Jones likely would assume a starting role upon returning unless Bell has been remarkable up to that point.

Our fantasy take

Jones’ stock now drops, but he becomes an intriguing later-round choice in those leagues that have yet to draft. For those risk takers out there, draft Jones if you have solid Nos. 1, 2 and 3 RBs, especially if those guys’ bye weeks happen to fall after Week Six.

For those leagues that have drafted already, keep an eye on Jones if you don’t have him. Some weaker owners might want to drop him now and get someone who can contribute immediately, but most folks likely would rather have a good backup for 11 games than a crummy one for 16. Granted, the fantasy season shortens Jones’ run to about nine games’ worth of action, but he might be well-rested and ready to run when he does get a chance. Hang on to the guy with an eye on the second half of the season. Patience is a virtue in this case.

:thumbup:

Update On Lions RB K. Jones' Status Due Thursday

Mike O'Hara, Detroit News - [Full Article]

Detroit RB Kevin Jones will have his foot examined on Thursday to determine whether he stays on the PUP list or can be activated for the start of the regular season. He will miss six weeks if he remains on the PUP list.
Any predictions , just for chits and giggles.I say K.J does NOT go on the pup list as he could play before six weeks is up(maybe plays week 3?)
Kevin Jones-RB- Lions Aug. 31 - 6:50 pm et Despite a report on MLive.com that a decision has been made, the Detroit Free Press reports the Lions are still debating the future of Kevin Jones.

He'll either go on PUP or stay on the active roster and practice with the team until he's physically fit to play football. The issue is apparently not with Jones' surgically repaired foot, it's with his readiness to face contact.

Source: Detroit Free Press

:football:

This is what i was figuring and counting on(fingers crossed he stays off the pup)

Detroit RB Kevin Jones will have his foot examined on Thursday to determine whether he stays on the PUP list or can be activated for the start of the regular season. He will miss six weeks if he remains on the PUP list.
Any predictions , just for chits and giggles.I say K.J does NOT go on the pup list as he could play before six weeks is up(maybe plays week 3?)
Kevin Jones-RB- Lions Aug. 31 - 6:50 pm et Despite a report on MLive.com that a decision has been made, the Detroit Free Press reports the Lions are still debating the future of Kevin Jones.

He'll either go on PUP or stay on the active roster and practice with the team until he's physically fit to play football. The issue is apparently not with Jones' surgically repaired foot, it's with his readiness to face contact.

:rant:

This is what i was figuring and counting on(fingers crossed he stays off the pup)
What I don't understand is if he is on PUP he can't practice with the team: so he will continue to do running and fitness drills on his own as he has been doing. But if what he needs is some practice with contact, he won't get that on PUP.

:rant:

What I don't understand is if he is on PUP he can't practice with the team: so he will continue to do running and fitness drills on his own as he has been doing. But if what he needs is some practice with contact, he won't get that on PUP.
translation: he won't be ready to go by week 7 (if he is placed on PUP) as many people are specuating here . . . he will need a few weeks of contact (at least) to perform like people on here (except me) think he will . . .

:rolleyes:

translation: he won't be ready to go by week 7 (if he is placed on PUP) as many people are specuating here . . . he will need a few weeks of contact (at least) to perform like people on here (except me) think he will . . .
But if the foot is one hundred percent healed, then why not keep him rostered, let him practice with the team for two or three weeks, and have him ready to go by week 3 or 4?

:popcorn:

But if the foot is one hundred percent healed, then why not keep him rostered, let him practice with the team for two or three weeks, and have him ready to go by week 3 or 4?
we have a WINNER!!despite what they CLAIM - it's not "almost all the way healed!"

:unsure:

we have a WINNER!!despite what they CLAIM - it's not "almost all the way healed!"
The problem is not that his foot isn't healed...The doctor said it is structurally sound, and almost 100% healed. The problem is the muscles in other areas, such as the leg muscles, hip, etc. not being strong yet. He has to build those up, as well as get into football condition. Also the mental aspect of him trusting the foot is a part of this.

I don't see any legit reason why he won't be close to 100% this year, considering the doctors say his foot is almost 100% healed.

I'll take the doctors word for it since he actually knows if it is healed or not.

Users who are viewing this thread