What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kilimanjaro - has anyone hiked it with a local guide or tour company ? (1 Viewer)

waiver wire

Footballguy
I'm organizing a Tanzania Safari with G adventures in feb 2023 
I didn't pick a tour that included Kilimanjaro because I need so many people for a private tour and hiking a mountain would limit my chances of getting 8-14 people signed up. 
Therefore after the tour , I am considering staying a bit longer to do the climb . 

Has anyone done the hike with a local guide or tour company that they could recommend ?
If anyone has been to Tanzania and has some wisdom to share , i would appreciate that as well . 
thanks    

I should have included in the original post :
if anyone from the Vancouver or lower mainland is interested in joining and meeting   , just message me .
it is open to everyone  but the majority of the people going  will be from Vancouver area. 
if i get 11 people then i can give some money back  

Last edited by a moderator:
I hiked it about 10 years back. Let me get the people I worked with. We (gf then, wife now) went with a small local tour guide 

We used Swala Safari for both our safari and Kili

i recommend adding a day to acclimate, pay for 6 days

https://swalasafaris.com/#

rose was our contact then. Not sure if she’s still there. 

we had a blast, both summited, amazing trip. 

Not sure what you mean by end of trip

for what it’s worth I interviewed / queried 10 crews before I ended up w swala. 

i can send a bit more, got a nice vid I made, pm me and I can share

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have included in the original post :
if anyone from the Vancouver or lower mainland is interested in joining and meeting   , just message me .
it is open to everyone  but the majority of the people going  will be from Vancouver area. 
if i get 11 people then i can give some money back  

Users who are viewing this thread