What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Korea: Nevermind (1 Viewer)

It all started because North Korea lobbed a few missiles at a loud speaker that was blaring anti-N. Korea propaganda.

Is Korean BBQ available in North Korea or just South Korea? That stuff is so good. I'd go to war for some good Korean BBQ. Otis you ever hit up Koreatown? It's a couple blocks down from the Empire State Building I believe.

North Korea is amping up tensions in the region after apparently firing artillery at South Korean loudspeakers that are blaring criticism of Kim Jong Un's regime over the border.
Um, I'm no fan of N.K. but wouldn't this be provoking an already unstable dude?

I mean with all the bad neighbor threads we have here, would you take it if your neighbor has speakers blaring into your yard all day say how much of a turd you were?

It all started because North Korea lobbed a few missiles at a loud speaker that was blaring anti-N. Korea propaganda.
South Korea's contractor built a fence several feet over the border, so N. Korea got a survey and emailed it to S. Korea clearly showing the problem but South Korea won't do anything about it because it's still mad about North Korea's goalposts. Now South Korea is apparently letting it's dog piss in the neutral zone, making things worse.

I love how they have that conference table that's half in the north, half in the south, and the South Korean guys tie ropes around their waists and have spotters ready in case the North Koreans try to pull them into the north side.

Clearly the North is the worst of the two, but the South has a little Jimmy Hart in them. They arent afraid to cause a little ruckus themselves.

Bah. Just more sabre rattling. Besides, the South was blaring anti-haircut propaganda over the border. Of course the answer to that is going to be a mortar shell. Wise up, guys.

if the clown in NK has even a half a brain he's realized that he will be a God For Life where he is at now if things stay as they are....doubtful he starts anything serious but "Gods" like him can still be wierd sometimes....

Is Korean BBQ available in North Korea or just South Korea? That stuff is so good. I'd go to war for some good Korean BBQ. Otis you ever hit up Koreatown? It's a couple blocks down from the Empire State Building I believe.
What do they call Korean food in North Korea?

I hear the speakers were set up to yell at Kim Jung-un because he had his dog pissing in the neutral zone. Major neutral zone infraction there.

This crap happens all the time. NK is just looking to pound its collective chest.

I love how they have that conference table that's half in the north, half in the south, and the South Korean guys tie ropes around their waists and have spotters ready in case the North Koreans try to pull them into the north side.
Now this is interesting.

If Trump were president I bet N. Korea wouldn't be doing this. It's because Obama is a weak President. Thanks, Obama!!

Any sane person can see that North Korea really can not restart (technically they are already at war) a war. What can they do? The demilitarized zone has more mines than anywhere else in the world while the South Korean military is proficient enough to hold the line long enough for the US to shift enough forces to level the North. Their entire Navy and Air Forces would be neutralized within days. Their equipment is old and all they have are numbers of troops which simply does not have the same weighting as it back in the 50's with human wave tactics (and which was not effective agains UN forces until Chinese reinforcements greatly increased their numbers. If you restart the war then any decent President would take it as an opportunity to once and for all finish the problem by rolling the North and allowing eventual reunification of Korea under a democratic South lead government- which means as a despot leader, no more palaces and private runways and all the other trappings of leadership while your people starve.

But, I don't think anyone has every accused the North of being sane.

The North has hundreds of thousands of missiles and artillery pointed right at Seoul. If they were to fire them all at the start of any war, which they surely would, thousands of innocent South Koreans would be killed, and that's not to even mention the city would be in ruins.

Any sane person can see that North Korea really can not restart (technically they are already at war) a war. What can they do? The demilitarized zone has more mines than anywhere else in the world while the South Korean military is proficient enough to hold the line long enough for the US to shift enough forces to level the North. Their entire Navy and Air Forces would be neutralized within days. Their equipment is old and all they have are numbers of troops which simply does not have the same weighting as it back in the 50's with human wave tactics (and which was not effective agains UN forces until Chinese reinforcements greatly increased their numbers. If you restart the war then any decent President would take it as an opportunity to once and for all finish the problem by rolling the North and allowing eventual reunification of Korea under a democratic South lead government- which means as a despot leader, no more palaces and private runways and all the other trappings of leadership while your people starve.

They are still allied with China. Unless China wants a unified Korea under Seoul rule, it could get real messy

The North has hundreds of thousands of missiles and artillery pointed right at Seoul. If they were to fire them all at the start of any war, which they surely would, thousands of innocent South Koreans would be killed, and that's not to even mention the city would be in ruins.
I hadn't even thought of that.

They are still allied with China. Unless China wants a unified Korea under Seoul rule, it could get real messy
China would push against but they are not going to jump in like they did in the first round. They have way too much at stake to threaten economic collapse by going to bat for N. Korea. They wouldn't like the idea of a unified democratic Korea but not to the point that they would go to war to stop it.

This seem a very unrikery.

Yea, Seoul would be a wasteland just due to artillery. There would be a significant loss of life in a war (duh?) and Seoul would be destroyed but the South knows this and have bomb shelters and regular drills to prepare. It should be more of a matter of complete property damage more so than civilian casualties.

China would push against but they are not going to jump in like they did in the first round. They have way too much at stake to threaten economic collapse by going to bat for N. Korea. They wouldn't like the idea of a unified democratic Korea but not to the point that they would go to war to stop it.
They may have put too much face into propping up N Korea for the past 60 years for the decision to be that rational.

Havent all those missiles and artillery been pointed at the South since the 60s? I wonder if it still even works.

Yea, Seoul would be a wasteland just due to artillery. There would be a significant loss of life in a war (duh?) and Seoul would be destroyed but the South knows this and have bomb shelters and regular drills to prepare. It should be more of a matter of complete property damage more so than civilian casualties.
So what you're saying is that if hundreds of thousands of missiles were fired upon a heavily populated area, a bunch of people would die? Scary ####.

They may have put too much face into propping up N Korea for the past 60 years for the decision to be that rational.
The Chinese governement acts in very rational ways. They calculate and take actions. They push forward and see how much they can get away with but don't push too hard. N. Korea really has very little to offer in terms of what it means to China. Back in the 50's it was all about keeping a communist regime in place. Today's communist government is pretty much communist in name only. Commitment to the cause does not propel them but the health of the economy does. The US is much more important to the Chinese economy than N. Korea is.

Havent all those missiles and artillery been pointed at the South since the 60s? I wonder if it still even works.
I would suspect so. I am not as informed on their capabilities when it comes to their missile technology and artillery other than they have a crapload of artillery pieces. Their Navy is ridiculously obsolete. Largely consisting of outdated submarines. The Air Force is slightly better prepared as they do have a few Mig-29's but they still fly a bunch of Mig-17, Mig-19 and Mig-21's as the bulk of their fighter planes. I would think this would be mirrors in artillery but artillery still shoots even if it is older version and it does not take too much to keep them oiled up and operational.

They do this to keep their own brainwashed people loyal to the regime. Announcement on state tv to north koreans coming that evil America has backed down in the face of our military might.

They do this to keep their own brainwashed people loyal to the regime. Announcement on state tv to north koreans coming that evil America has backed down in the face of our military might.
It's true. Obama is weak and we need Trump to squash these fools. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

Users who are viewing this thread