What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Krista4's Beatles 1-25 List Thread! Count down will start Mon Feb 14 noon ET. Will take new lists til then... (1 Viewer)

Zegras11

Footballguy
Greetings!

Today is the three year anniversary of @krista4's incredible 204 to 1, Beatles thread.   :D ❤️ :wub: :banned: :towelwave: :excited: :clap: :hifive: 🎉🎧
Link to Krista's thread

35 Beatle Diehards from the FFA thread sent in 1-25 lists back then. I thought of the idea a little bit after Krista started her thread and it went much better than the TEN we expected to get.  Link to 2019 (1-25) Composite Rankings Results    How much will those results change?

On the heels of "Get Back", Krista and I are back to do the 1-25 ranking all over again.  We would love to have you, your friends, family, co-workers and any other Beatle fans you know send me 1-25 lists. I think we can blow away the 35 number from last time!

Krista and I have been planning some of the details for when we release the NEW COMPOSITE COUNTDOWN the past few days. Very exciting news!!   Krista will be providing NEW WRITE-UPS for each song! How cool is that? 

Deadline - Sunday, January 30, 10PM
PM me your lists and lists of your friends any time before that.

Before submitting your list, please carefully review it and make sure there are no duplicates.
I don't mind a change or two, but please don't be a BinkyTheDorkman and send in several changed lists.  :wub:  theDorkman.  Just wait towards the end if you have to do that.  
Please number your choices.  #1 is best.  #25 is lowest.   

Same MVP style as before, your #1 choice will earn 25 points, #25 will get one point.

Here's the Krista approved list of songs:

I added Free As A Bird and Real Love, distinguishing them from others in that they were original songs.  Basically limiting this only to albums and singles released while they were a band (not on Anthologies later), plus those two originals released later. 

I've ordered them by where they fell on UK albums, plus singles.  I just think of them this way and think many people would.  

Also I put Abbey Road medley as a whole (one song) as I did in my countdown.

Please Please Me:

I Saw Her Standing There
Misery
Anna (Go To Him)
Chains
Boys
Ask Me Why
Please Please Me
Love Me Do
PS I Love You
Baby It's You
Do You Want To Know A Secret
A Taste Of Honey
There's A Place
Twist And Shout

With the Beatles:

It Won't Be Long
All I've Got To Do
All My Loving
Don't Bother Me
Little Child
Till There Was You
Please Mister Postman
Roll Over Beethoven
Hold Me Tight
You Really Got A Hold On Me
I Wanna Be Your Man
Devil In Her Heart
Not A Second Time
Money (That's What I Want)

A Hard Day’s Night:

A Hard Day's Night
I Should Have Known Better
If I Fell
I'm Happy Just To Dance With You
And I Love Her
Tell Me Why
Can't Buy Me Love
Any Time At All
I'll Cry Instead
Things We Said Today
When I Get Home
You Can't Do That
I'll Be Back

Beatles for Sale:

No Reply
I'm A Loser
Baby's In Black
Rock And Roll Music
I'll Follow The Sun
Mr Moonlight
Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!
Eight Days A Week
Words Of Love
Honey Don't
Every Little Thing
I Don't Want To Spoil The Party
What You're Doing
Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby

Help!:

Help!
The Night Before
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
I Need You
Another Girl
You're Going To Lose That Girl
Ticket To Ride
Act Naturally
It's Only Love
You Like Me Too Much
Tell Me What You See
I've Just Seen A Face
Yesterday
Dizzy Miss Lizzy

Rubber Soul:

Drive My Car
Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
You Won't See Me
Nowhere Man
Think For Yourself
The Word
Michelle
What Goes On -
Girl
I'm Looking Through You
In My Life
Wait
If I Needed Someone
Run For Your Life

Revolver:

Taxman
Eleanor Rigby
I'm Only Sleeping
Love You To
Here, There And Everywhere
Yellow Submarine
She Said She Said
Good Day Sunshine
And Your Bird Can Sing
For No One
Doctor Robert
I Want To Tell You
Got To Get You Into My Life
Tomorrow Never Knows

Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band:

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With A Little Help From My Friends
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Getting Better
Fixing A Hole
She's Leaving Home
Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!
Within You Without You
When I'm Sixty-Four
Lovely Rita
Good Morning Good Morning
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
A Day In The Life

Magical Mystery Tour:

Magical Mystery Tour
Your Mother Should Know
I Am The Walrus
The Fool On The Hill
Flying
Blue Jay Way

The Beatles (aka White Album):

Back In The U.S.S.R.
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Wild Honey Pie
The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Martha My Dear
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
Piggies
Rocky Raccoon
Don't Pass Me By
Why Don't We Do It In The Road?  
I Will
Julia

Birthday
Yer Blues
Mother Nature's Son
Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
Sexy Sadie
Helter Skelter
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1
Honey Pie
Savoy Truffle
Cry Baby Cry
Revolution 9
Good Night

Yellow Submarine:

Only A Northern Song
All Together Now
Hey Bulldog
It's All Too Much

Abbey Road:

Come Together
Something
Maxwell's Silver Hammer
Oh! Darling
Octopus's Garden
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Here Comes The Sun
Because
Medley (counted as one song):  You Never Give Me Your Money/Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard/Polythene Pam/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window/Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End
Her Majesty

Let It Be:

Two Of Us
Dig A Pony
Across The Universe
I Me Mine
Dig It
Let It Be
Maggie Mae
I've Got A Feeling
One After 909
The Long And Winding Road
For You Blue
Get Back

Singles, etc.:

From Me To You
Thank You Girl
She Loves You
I'll Get You
I Want To Hold Your Hand
This Boy
Long Tall Sally

I Call Your Name
Slow Down
Matchbox
I Feel Fine
She's A Woman
Bad Boy
Yes It Is
I'm Down

Day Tripper
We Can Work It Out
Paperback Writer
Rain
Lady Madonna
The Inner Light
Hey Jude
Revolution
Don't Let Me Down
The Ballad Of John And Yoko
Old Brown Shoe
You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)

Hello, Goodbye
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane

All You Need Is Love
Baby You're A Rich Man

Free As A Bird

Real Love

Last edited by a moderator:
The Composite Top from 2019:

First Number is Krista Ranking
Second Number is Composite Ranking
Song Title
Third Number is # of times an FBG ranked it from 1 to 25. (35 lists were sent in)
Fourth Number is the Total Points from all 35 entries (1st = 25 pts....25th = 1pt)

6--1**A Day in the Life- - - -28--566

17--2**Here Comes The Sun- - - -29--463

20--3**While My Guitar Gently Weeps- - - -28--428

1--4**In My Life- - - -22--407

3--5**Abbey Road Medley- - - -20--397

7--6**Norwegian Wood- - - -25--332

36--7**Eleanor Rigby- - - -22--319

38--8**Let It Be- - - -20--306

26--9**Something- - - -17--282

15--10**Help!- - - -21--272

14--11**Hey Jude- - - -18--271

16--12**Ticket To Ride- - - -18--253

11--13**Strawberry Fields Forever- - - -20--249

86--14**Penny Lane- - - -18--247

24--15**Yesterday- - - -16--225

21--16**You've Got To Hide Your Love Away- - - -18--181

39--17**Blackbird- - - -19--178

66--18**Paperback Writer- - - -14--178

62--19**We Can Work it Out- - - -14--176

60--20**Got To Get You Into My Life- - - -13--167

30--21**A Hard Days Night- - - -13--165

19--22**I Want To Hold Your Hand- - - -12--153

2--23**Across The Universe- - - -11--153

42--24**Day Tripper- - - -10--151

41--25**I Saw Her Standing There- - - -13--150

My list from 2019:

I can't see this be very much the same at all.  Several Top10 songs will not likely be there this time.

1 - Eleanor Rigby

2 - Ticket To Ride

3 - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

4 - Help!

5 - Let it Be

6 - A Hard Day's Night

7 - A Day In The Life

8 - Hello, Goodbye

9 - In My Life

10 - Hey Jude

11 - I Want To Hold Your Hand

12 - The Fool on the Hill:

13 - Day Tripper

14 - Here Comes The Sun

15 - We Can Work It Out

16 - Get Back

17 - The Night Before

18 - Paperback Writer

19 - With A Little Help from my friends

20 - All You Need is Love

21 - Can't Buy Me Love

22 - I Saw Her Standing There

23 - She Loves You

24 - I Should Have Known Better

25 - Eight Days A Week

I just spent the entire morning spinning every record and taking notes. My mom played these records non stop all throughout my childhood, and I still play them often. So I had to get it right.  With some honest cuts, I was able to get to thirty five in my pool.  Amazingly NONE from Revolver, and five or six from Peppers.  

Now the fun begins.  I'm pretty sure I had my top five before I even began, but what will be number one?

I started compiling mine the other day when I read there was going to be a new one in the Get Back thread.  Started off by going album by album and just picking all of my faves and that got me to 75 or so.  Then I was able to get to about 40 pretty easily.  Then it got harder.  Felt like I was picking between my children.  The last 5 were the hardest.  But I got down to my 25 yesterday evening.

The cool thing about this is if you ask me next week or next month or next year, there would be fair amount of change.  I would say there are probably 10 or so that probably would always be on my list for one reason or another and would never change.  But the others, are a snapshot in time right now.

Fun exercise and I can't wait to start reading!!!!

The cool thing about this is if you ask me next week or next month or next year, there would be fair amount of change.  I would say there are probably 10 or so that probably would always be on my list for one reason or another and would never change.  But the others, are a snapshot in time right now.
That's funny, because mine hasn't changed much in thirty years.  Probably because they are all so great and different.

Will our top 25 be made public? Speaking just in case someone else,  not me, but someone else decides Octopus’s Garden is ranked #1
:lmao:   I think last time Getz identified during the countdown the poster who ranked a song highest.  So this person, totally not you, would have been named.  We can do it however you guys would like, but my preference is only to have people “out” themselves if/when they wish, more like your U2 thread.

So who do I send this list to anyway?

For entertainment value, my 25-32 left off are...in no particular order

No Reply, Help, And I Love Her, Across the Universe, Love Me Do, and I'll Follow the Sun. 

All I've Got to Do :love it:

My list from 2019:

I can't see this be very much the same at all.  Several Top10 songs will not likely be there this time.

Just curious why this is.  I've listened to the Beatles basically my entire life and at this point I've heard the songs so many times that there will be almost no surprises as I go through the list.  Is this more you just want to give love to some other fantastic songs and have them in your top-10 or are you genuinely saying that some of these songs are not longer your favorites?  If the latter, is it because of just hearing them too much?

So who do I send this list to anyway?

No Reply, Help, And I Love Her, Across the Universe, Love Me Do, and I'll Follow the Sun. 

Please send to me..thanks

Just curious why this is.  I've listened to the Beatles basically my entire life and at this point I've heard the songs so many times that there will be almost no surprises as I go through the list.  Is this more you just want to give love to some other fantastic songs and have them in your top-10 or are you genuinely saying that some of these songs are not longer your favorites?  If the latter, is it because of just hearing them too much?
I blame @krista4

One for sure will be leaving my top 10 for the only reason is that I played it too much three years ago and now simply can't listen to it any longer. LOL.

There are several songs from three years ago that I just like more now.

One of my best memories of three years ago was clicking on the Youtube of each writeup and listening to the song while I read the writeup. Can't wait to do that again.

And after the song was over, I would continue, often times for hours listening to the random Youtube Beatles selections that followed. Great memories and there is nothing like waking up to a Beatles tune playing in your head.   

Already have four lists!  :clap:
I just looked at the above from last time.  I waited until after I did mine to check it out. Kinda shocked.  Expected more from the FFA. Mine is certainly not chalky in comparison.  

I think I only had eleven of those twenty five on my list, lol.  Everyone seemed to be biased towards the later stuff last time.  I'm probably the opposite.

Well, I guessed I missed this announcement in the "Get Back" thread, so what a nice surprise to log on today and see this.  I have thought frequently over the last three years that I would like a re-do on my top 25, as I don't think I gave it the thought and analysis that it deserved.  I'm sure there will be some changes.  And new write-ups that no one will read?  Hooray!

:clap:

13 albums,  I'll play 1 per day while working (M-F).  Gives me a day, or 2 spare before the 30th to submit my picks. 
But they are all like 23 minutes long, lol.  

Also, this is much harder to do album breakdown then LZ was.  

Perfect, i can put each one on repeat from 9-5.  This is serious business.

You might have a bit of trouble with the White Album and the "Singles, etc." list on timing.  Maybe combine Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery Tour together, too.

My album breakdown...

Abbey Road-4, Peppers-4, Hard Day's-3, Let It Be-3, Singles-3, Help -2, and Rubber Soul had -2.  Four others had one each. PPM, FS, WTB, and White.  None from Revolver, but they would all be 35-55 I bet.

My album breakdown...

Abbey Road-4, Peppers-4, Hard Day's-3, Let It Be-3, Singles-3, Help -2, and Rubber Soul had -2.  Four others had one each. PPM, FS, WTB, and White.  None from Revolver, but they would all be 35-55 I bet.

None from Revolver is a shock.  I'd be surprised if anyone else skipped that one entirely, but then again, there's so much to choose from...

Breakdown of my top 25:

Please Please Me - 2

Help! - 2

Rubber Soul - 2

Revolver - 1

Sgt. Pepper's - 4

White - 3

Abbey Road - 3

Let It Be - 2

Singles, etc. - 6

Breakdown of my top 25:

Please Please Me - 2

Help! - 2

Rubber Soul - 2

Revolver - 1

Sgt. Pepper's - 4

White - 3

Abbey Road - 3

Let It Be - 2

Singles, etc. - 6
No Hard Days Night is like the opposite of me.  White is always tough for me.  I actually really dislike the one EC covered, and most of it just bores me.  The only one I did pick was probably because the jam bands all do it cool now, lol.

Here is my breakdown by album and by composer (I didn't pick any covers)

A Hard Day's Night - 3

Abbey Road - 2

Beatles For Sale - 1

Help - 1

Let It Be - 1

Magical Mystery Tour - 1

Please Please Me - 2

Revolver - 4

Rubber Soul - 3

Sgt Pepper - 1

Single - 2

The Beatles - 3

Yellow Submarine - 1

The only album I didn't have a cut from is With The Beatles

Composer

George - 2

John - 13

John and Paul - 3

Paul - 7

Yep, a little John heavy, but I tried not to let that influence me.  The list is what it is....It's a snapshot in time.  If I were to make a list of solo Beatles songs, I would probably have more Paul and George as I feel their solo careers were overall better....

Totally in. I wasn’t visiting the FFA when Krista did her countdown and the original top 25 lists were sent in, but I gave a sense of my faves when I hippled the thread later on. I may have changed my mind about some things since then, but my 1A and 1B are still the same and probably always will be. 

I’ve asked my friend who did a list for the Zep countdown if he wants to do a list for this one. He’s obsessed with the Beatles to a degree that Krista might blush at. We were in high school when the Beatles albums came out on CD. He took the train to and from school — we went to an independent school that drew from all over the Philly area. On at least one occasion, he used his train money to buy the Beatles CD on the day it came out, then cajoled someone into driving him home. 

ETA: He also owned Press to Play on vinyl, cassette and CD. Three copies of Press to Play!

Users who are viewing this thread