What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LenDale White's Stock Falling? (2 Viewers)

From Rotoworld:

Coach Andy Reid is confident in Brian Westbrook's between-tackle ability
I don't believe this.
I'm skeptical of Reid's confidence in Westbrook too, but maybe he's not psyched about White. The more I think about this article, if White runs 4.6+ on Sunday, he could really turn out to be the next Duckett.
FYI, Duckett ran a 4.41 at his pro day.
Duckett is bigger and faster than White, yet he's lacks the vision that a featured RB needs. He takes too long to hit the holes and ends up getting a few yards instead of being able to break more long runs. Talent-wise, I think Duckett is better than White, but White seems to have better vision as a RB. I'm not 100% sold on White as an every-down back (I have DeAngelo rated higher) but he's a big RB who a lot of teams could use.

LenDale White will upgrade whatever team drafts him in the middle to late 1st round becasue they have to be soemwhat decent to be picking where they are. New England, Pitt, Philly, TB(Alstott can't last forever), Indy, Dall, Atl...wherever...he is th ereal deal.

Work ethic...PLEASE! Who was ripping it up against Texas...who was standing up to them in that game...WHITE! If Reggie bush wasn't on that team he would have scored 30 TD this season...he's awesome!

1.1 - HOU - Reggie Bush

1.14 - DEN - LenDale White

1.21 - NE - DeAngelo Williams

1.30 - IND - Joseph Addai
With 2 picks in the first 4 spots in my main Dynasty League rooiie/FA draft i would cream my shorts, front and back, if it shook out this way :bag: :thumbup: :excited:
Who would you take #1?

Not much love for White around here. People are going to be surprised by his rookie year. He's nothing like Duckett at all. Duckett is a straight line back with no moves. White has great vision/patience and the quick feet needed to navigate the line. In terms of running style, he's more in the mold of guys like Chris Brown and Jerome Bettis.

As for the Jamal Lewis talk, do you think maybe some of his FF struggles are a result of playing with a putrid supporting cast? I think so. Put Lewis behind Seattle's line and he'd pile up the TDs.

I can't see Maroney dropping as much as EBF predicts.
With 5 RBs listed as possibilities for the first round, I think someone has to fall.
True. I'd see 3 of the others falling further than Maroney, just my opinion.
The problem for Maroney is that he probably won't be the #1 RB on many draft boards. Teams looking for pass-catching backs will probably prefer Williams, Bush, and Addai. Teams looking for power backs will prefer White (one of the reasons why I think White will go high is because he's the only legitimate 225+ pound back in the draft). Maroney could be the second choice for a lot of teams, meaning it may be a while before his name is called.I operate under a few assumptions:

1. Most RB prospects are a little overrated by the FF masses.

2. RB is not a tough position for NFL teams to fill, meaning RBs are often devalued in the draft.

3. Not every team that needs a RB will take a RB in the first round.

Then again, all it takes is one team. I don't think many teams had Cedric Benson rated as a top two RB last year, but it only took one team for him to land in the top 5.

I really think conventional wisdom on the FF boards is skewed, and that a good chunk of NFL teams will prefer White over Williams. It's tough to say how things will fall for the backs on draft day, but if I had to predict it then I'd say:

1.1 - HOU - Reggie Bush

2.47 - ATL - Laurence Maroney

3.77 - STL - Maurice Drew

3.87 - NYG - Brian Calhoun

3.97 - NYJ - Jerome Harrison

I think it's a year like 2004, when Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson slipped more than expected. The teams at the top of the draft just don't need RBs enough to justify a top 10 pick, although I could see someone like Tennessee, NYJ, or Cleveland surprising us.

White should go somewhere between 12-22. Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Denver are likely destinations. Dallas could surprise us an take him if he falls. I don't see him falling past #22, but stranger things have happened. The thought of him in Pittsburgh is scary. That team would never lose.

I have an odd hunch that Indy will take Addai over Maroney if given the chance. Maroney seems like the consensus preference, but I just have a gut feeling about this one.

Maroney seems like a decent candidate to slip into the second round. He's solid in every way, but he's not good enough to warrant a top 15 pick and the teams at the back of the draft might have better options.

Drew, Calhoun, and Harrison deserve to be first day picks. The problem with these guys is that they're all a little undersized. Teams might be reluctant to use a day one pick on someone who projects only as a third down back.
In regard to Addai to the Colts in the first and Maroney to the Falcons in the second, is it due to Addai being a good blocking RB? From what I've seen, the Colts RB needs to be able to pick up the blitz and I've heard (though I cannot corroborate this) that Maroney isn't a good blocking RB.
Isn't Polian the same guy who took Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams? It seems like the Colts march to the tune of their own drummer on draft day. Addai isn't as proven as Maroney, but he has better athletic measurables and is a better pass-catcher. I think it's his receiving ability that may set him apart from Maroney in Indy's eyes. Then again, you just never know. Maybe they'll be content to draft Maroney and use Rhodes as the third-down back. It's tough to say.

Not much love for White around here. People are going to be surprised by his rookie year. He's nothing like Duckett at all. Duckett is a straight line back with no moves. White has great vision/patience and the quick feet needed to navigate the line. In terms of running style, he's more in the mold of guys like Chris Brown and Jerome Bettis.

As for the Jamal Lewis talk, do you think maybe some of his FF struggles are a result of playing with a putrid supporting cast? I think so. Put Lewis behind Seattle's line and he'd pile up the TDs.
I'm not down on him, but he does have some issues that concern me - work ethic (academic and weight), injury (surgery for torn ankle cartilage prior to last season), and his pass blocking. He's extremely talented, but I would rather have DeAngelo.

I think this is pure coachspeak. What else do we really hear this time of year? :(

I think Reid would jump at the chance to toke LD.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised to see LD be the best back in this rookie class.

I think this is pure coachspeak. What else do we really hear this time of year? :(

I think Reid would jump at the chance to toke LD.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised to see LD be the best back in this rookie class.
Freudian slip?

1.1 - HOU - Reggie Bush

With 2 picks in the first 4 spots in my main Dynasty League rooiie/FA draft i would cream my shorts, front and back, if it shook out this way :bag: :thumbup: :excited:
Who would you take #1?
You know better than that. It all depends on where people go. Does Houston trade out of 1.1? Does Denver finally draft a RB in the first round? Does Indy draft a RB in the first round? Do the Jags or Pats draft a RB in the first? It all depends...

I am reading more and more about an attitude problem and a weight gain problem.  Not a good combination to have for a jump from College to Pros.  Not sure it's spin offs from the Reid comments or people are really starting to get concerned.  If he goes from 238 to 260 plus and he is only 6 feet tall that tells me he is carrying a lot of extra baggage. 

Something to keep an eye on at least. I am starting to see draft bust written all over this dude.
Weight loss. He weighed in around 238 at the combine. Last season he played around 245-250. he played in the Rose Bowl at 253.Another great stat: He only fumbled 4 times in 3 years at USC.
He played at 233 at times last year and played at 258 vs UCLA. How does a guy at his position gain 25 pounds during the football season? He is the next Ron Dayne, not the next Earl Campbell. He'll be Mama Cass size by his 2nd training camp.
A professional boxer who fights @ 225 can commonly go up to 270 or so after his last fight, then lose it again while training resumes. All this has shown me is that he has a tendancy to gain weight while off-season, and loses it just as easily when he gets back into condition.He is most commonly compared to J.Bettis. Did a few extra pounds really hurt him once he got up to 250 (listed but probably more like 275). His career may have lasted another year or two if he kept himself down to 240 or so, but really...
:apples: and :oranges: with boxers. Bettis was fit when he came to the NFL and he adjusted to his body type as he grew older. White is already an eating machine and soon as he gets that five year deal you can catch him signing autographs while he's in line waiting on his two Triple Whoppers and a diet coke.
If you don't like him, fine. I do. So what? I was just giving two examples of reasons why I'm not too worried about his weight. I apologize if you are on the draft committee of a team picking in the 20s or later trying to push his value down. It is not my intent to ruin your teams chances. :rolleyes:
Wow, calm down there. My team would not be in the market for him anyway. I just don't think much of him that's all.

Is it me or does Lendal sound like the second coming of Curtis Enis?
Not sure about Curtis Enis, but Lendale might be the second coming of another immature, lazy, chubby USC kid named Big Mike Williams.

I'm just not sold on him. He has questions about work ethic and that's not good with a guy who has the propensity to gain weight. And White doesn't run with agression consistently. Only a couple of games in college, which by the way, happened to be nationally televised so that's what people remember. He had an offensive line that most of you could have run behind. I just think the wind was at his back in college. I'm not saying that he won't be a productive back, but I don't believe he's a probowler and I certainly don't want the Pats, the team I've rooted for my whole life, using a first round pick on him.

1.1 - HOU - Reggie Bush

Who would you take #1?
You know better than that. It all depends on where people go. Does Houston trade out of 1.1? Does Denver finally draft a RB in the first round? Does Indy draft a RB in the first round? Do the Jags or Pats draft a RB in the first? It all depends...
I'm saying it it happens like this who do you pick?

And White doesn't run with agression consistently.  Only a couple of games in college, which by the way, happened to be nationally televised so that's what people remember. 
I have every USC game on tape from the last 3 years, and I happen to find this statement to be false. White has always been a consistent and determined runner. Even when he played the last half of the 2004 season with a badly sprained ankle. He is a tough runner that USC relied on to rack up the TD's, which he did quite well. In 39 games with the Trojans, White started only eleven times, yet had 14 100-yard games. Reggie Bush ended his USC career with only 10 100-yard games.

His 52 rushing touchdowns set a USC all-time record and ranks second in Pac-10 annals.

His 57 total touchdowns tied a Pac-10 career record (Ken Simonton-Oregon State) and ranks twelfth in NCAA Division 1-A history.

Not exactly the type of numbers from a player that was "dogging it", or "a product of the system". If LW was such a liability, why did USC even recruit him? And how, if he has such work ethic problems, could he cut Reggie Bush's playing time in HALF? why not make Bush the feature back, and White just a goalline back?

Like it or not, the Patriots are poised to take a young back in this draft and that could very well be LenDale White.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping he would run a 4.6-4.7 so the Steelers would have a chance at him. I like this guy and had, until this year, thought he-not Bush-was the better back at USC. This year, Bush looked a lot stronger and more willing to lower his head if the extra yard was needed and impressed the hell out of me. Not to say that I don't like White any less, but I believe Bush surpassed him. I do feel that White is an outstanding back who at 235+ ccould make himself very small when holes weren't there and get positive yards as well as being a load to bring down. I'm all for him as I remember his character concernes being discussed a few weeks (months?) ago and being generally dismissed. Sorry, I don't remember the thread and if you don't either why find it to link it. W/o holes being filled in FA, he was a top 15 prospect. With the need for a starting RB being filled in several places the top RBs in the draft have been pushed down a little. No other reason for his draft spot to be falling.
:goodposting: Excellent post.

And White doesn't run with agression consistently.  Only a couple of games in college, which by the way, happened to be nationally televised so that's what people remember. 
I have every USC game on tape from the last 3 years, and I happen to find this statement to be false. White has always been a consistent and determined runner. Even when he played the last half of the 2004 season with a badly sprained ankle. He is a tough runner that USC relied on to rack up the TD's, which he did quite well. In 39 games with the Trojans, White started only eleven times, yet had 14 100-yard games. Reggie Bush ended his USC career with only 10 100-yard games.

His 52 rushing touchdowns set a USC all-time record and ranks second in Pac-10 annals.

His 57 total touchdowns tied a Pac-10 career record (Ken Simonton-Oregon State) and ranks twelfth in NCAA Division 1-A history.

Not exactly the type of numbers from a player that was "dogging it", or "a product of the system". If LW was such a liability, why did USC even recruit him? And how, if he has such work ethic problems, could he cut Reggie Bush's playing time in HALF? why not make Bush the feature back, and White just a goalline back?

Like it or not, the Patriots are poised to take a young back in this draft and that could very well be LenDale White.
I'm not talking about his numbers in college, but his future production as an NFL player. You're obviously a White fan and I'm not. And that's fine because these are all opinions anyway--we won't no for sure until the regular season starts. I guess this is where we have to agree to disagree. Regarding the Pats, they may poised to take a young RB in the draft but if they draft White I will not like it. They can get another RB in later rounds to meet their needs, which is what I foresee them doing.

963 of his 1,302 yards in 2005 came after initial contact. 
It could also be argued that this is an indication that he can't make people miss, and he won't be able to run over people the same way he did in college.You can spin this stuff any way you like. :lmao:
No offense, DrJ, but you go on believing that.. I'm firmly with Cecil on this one. YAC is not the same as not being able to make people miss. I hope the guys in my leagues think this way... I'll take Chauncey's cousin any day of the week.

Duckett is bigger and faster than White, yet he's lacks the vision that a featured RB needs. He takes too long to hit the holes and ends up getting a few yards instead of being able to break more long runs. Talent-wise, I think Duckett is better than White, but White seems to have better vision as a RB. I'm not 100% sold on White as an every-down back (I have DeAngelo rated higher) but he's a big RB who a lot of teams could use.

People do not take vision and "feel" of a RB into account nearly enough. Some runners have "it" and some don't. Curtis Martin is a perfect example of a RB that has "it." It is perhaps the hardest attribute to judge and therefore reduced in teh weight scale of players. I haven't watched enough of L. White, but because this is a fantasy football board, I would expect L. White to have a better fantasy year than Bush (year 1 assuming Bush is in Houston and L. White goes to either Indy, Den or NE). Bush may be more valuable to an NFL team than a FF team.

I'm not talking about his numbers in college, but his future production as an NFL player. You're obviously a White fan and I'm not. And that's fine because these are all opinions anyway--we won't no for sure until the regular season starts. I guess this is where we have to agree to disagree.
:goodposting: Informative debate is what makes the Shark Pool the best. :thumbup:

People do not take vision and "feel" of a RB into account nearly enough. Some runners have "it" and some don't. Curtis Martin is a perfect example of a RB that has "it." It is perhaps the hardest attribute to judge and therefore reduced in teh weight scale of players. I haven't watched enough of L. White, but because this is a fantasy football board, I would expect L. White to have a better fantasy year than Bush (year 1 assuming Bush is in Houston and L. White goes to either Indy, Den or NE). Bush may be more valuable to an NFL team than a FF team.

Curtis Martin certainly has "it", and he had his fair amount of detractors when he was drafted. Not so much now.

Is it true that LenDale chose not to run at the USC pro day?

Also, I heard that he performed poorly on the bench. Is that true?

If yes, those are both red flags to me.

I can't see Maroney dropping as much as EBF predicts.
With 5 RBs listed as possibilities for the first round, I think someone has to fall.
True. I'd see 3 of the others falling further than Maroney, just my opinion.
The problem for Maroney is that he probably won't be the #1 RB on many draft boards. Teams looking for pass-catching backs will probably prefer Williams, Bush, and Addai. Teams looking for power backs will prefer White (one of the reasons why I think White will go high is because he's the only legitimate 225+ pound back in the draft). Maroney could be the second choice for a lot of teams, meaning it may be a while before his name is called.I operate under a few assumptions:

1. Most RB prospects are a little overrated by the FF masses.

2. RB is not a tough position for NFL teams to fill, meaning RBs are often devalued in the draft.

3. Not every team that needs a RB will take a RB in the first round.

Then again, all it takes is one team. I don't think many teams had Cedric Benson rated as a top two RB last year, but it only took one team for him to land in the top 5.
Late last season I posted that the local Gopher reporter talked to a scout who was checking out Maroney. The scout told him that he didn't think Maroney would be drafted in the first round, more likely would be a 2nd rounder because he had no 'WOW' qualities to him. Good RB, but not a great blocker, great receiver, doesn't have great vision, great speed, or great power. He is very good at all the things, but doesn't have any 'great' qualities.

I just read the other posts confirming Whites lack of participation in 40 yard dash at the pro day Hamstring? Or worried about running a 4.7? Or simply not prepared? We'll supposedly know the truth in 3 weeks when he runs again. And he only benched 15 reps and weighed 244 lbs.

Come on all you LenDale White supporters, you must be a tad concerned now, right?

I just read the other posts confirming Whites lack of participation in 40 yard dash at the pro day Hamstring? Or worried about running a 4.7? Or simply not prepared? We'll supposedly know the truth in 3 weeks when he runs again. And he only benched 15 reps and weighed 244 lbs.

Come on all you LenDale White supporters, you must be a tad concerned now, right?
Mike and Mike in the Morning was talking about LenDale White's poor day yesterday. How far will he fall now?

Lendal White is in trouble. I think the most telling sign is what happen when he lost his starting job at USC (1 or 2 years ago?)

White was the starting back and Reggie Bush overtook him as the #1 back while they were playing together. Carrol speaks of it as if it wasn't a big difference in talent as much as work ethic; Bush had worked so much harder than White that Carrol felt he had to keep giving more playing time to Bush.

I just read the other posts confirming Whites lack of participation in 40 yard dash at the pro day Hamstring?  Or worried about running a 4.7?  Or simply not prepared?  We'll supposedly know the truth in 3 weeks when he runs again.  And he only benched 15 reps and weighed 244 lbs. 

Mike and Mike in the Morning was talking about LenDale White's poor day yesterday. How far will he fall now?
I heard this too, one must be concerned about his eating habits. I remember an article which I posted here inwhich LW gained like 10 over the Thanksgiving holidays. I'm not sold on him at this point and yes it's possible that LW = CE.

I just read the other posts confirming Whites lack of participation in 40 yard dash at the pro day Hamstring?  Or worried about running a 4.7?  Or simply not prepared?  We'll supposedly know the truth in 3 weeks when he runs again.  And he only benched 15 reps and weighed 244 lbs. 

I heard this too, one must be concerned about his eating habits. I remember an article which I posted here inwhich LW gained like 10 over the Thanksgiving holidays. I'm not sold on him at this point and yes it's possible that LW = CE.
This is what concerns me:
White eating well: USC running back LenDale White arrived at the combine weighing 238, about 3-4 pounds more than his normal playing weight. He also revealed that he was at 253 pounds during the Rose Bowl. White blamed Thanksgiving and Christmas for the extra weight. He felt he had too much body fat at that time, but he still was able to carry the ball with power. "At Thanksgiving, I ate the whole turkey and the whole can of macaroni and cheese that my mom made," White said when asked what he ate. He's getting in shape for his individual workout.
And now he's back at 244? :(

1.1 - HOU - Reggie Bush

Who would you take #1?
I would lean towards LenDale White with Denver, but now that he didn't run on pro day, I have no idea. The kid in Indy maybe?

How stupid is this guy? How much money has he cost himself in the last four months.

If I were a GM, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole. Sounds like it wouldn't be long before you'd only need a 9 foot pole anyway.

How stupid is this guy?  How much money has he cost himself in the last four months.

If I were a GM, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole.  Sounds like it wouldn't be long before you'd only need a 9 foot pole anyway.
White is going to present a very tough call for GMs - his gameplay is exceptional and I think he has proven he *could* be an elite chainmover. The way he has approached the "audition" pre-draft period is about as poor as you could have imagined. Is this a wake-up call, or is this is an accurate picture of what his dedication/work ethic/practice habits will be? He just might be good enough to be successful even with these issues, but would you be willing to take that chance? He still has a month to rehabilitate his status on these questions, but the shadow of doubt has been cast.Im even toying with the unthinkable scenario that he's there for the Steelers at 1.32 and they still pass on him.

How stupid is this guy?  How much money has he cost himself in the last four months.

If I were a GM, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole.  Sounds like it wouldn't be long before you'd only need a 9 foot pole anyway.
White is going to present a very tough call for GMs - his gameplay is exceptional and I think he has proven he *could* be an elite chainmover. The way he has approached the "audition" pre-draft period is about as poor as you could have imagined. Is this a wake-up call, or is this is an accurate picture of what his dedication/work ethic/practice habits will be? He just might be good enough to be successful even with these issues, but would you be willing to take that chance? He still has a month to rehabilitate his status on these questions, but the shadow of doubt has been cast.Im even toying with the unthinkable scenario that he's there for the Steelers at 1.32 and they still pass on him.
And one would think the Steelers, of all teams, would be comfortable with a great big fat ### carrying the groceries.

And one would think the Steelers, of all teams, would be comfortable with a great big fat ### carrying the groceries.
But everything we've seen from Bettis is one of a class act.Lendale White is showing that he's a thug. Just the kind that many NFL franchises have found quite expensive to have/remove on/from their rosters.

I agree because it's not like the Steelers don't care about guys with good work ethic. Bettis had a great attitude, despite being overweight. A true leader. Steeler fans should not want this guy on their team so badly. He is not a younger Jerome Bettis. It's true that if White goes to the Steelers, he can be productive because of the strength of their o-line, but he could also be a huge head case. If I'm a GM, I don't think it's worth the game with a first round pick.

1.1 - HOU - Reggie Bush

Who would you take #1?
I would lean towards LenDale White with Denver, but now that he didn't run on pro day, I have no idea. The kid in Indy maybe?
I don't think that if White slips to #30 that the Colts would take him after yesterday. The Colts want players with work ethic and speed over almost anything else (including height, bulk, etc).

As it was rumored (just a month ago, before all this) that he may be an option for them in the first round, I can see the Packers taking a chance on him with their 2nd round pick. If the Jets don't take him first.

I think he's sandbagged himself into the 2nd round for sure with these antics.

But everything we've seen from Bettis is one of a class act.Lendale White is showing that he's a thug. Just the kind that many NFL franchises have found quite expensive to have/remove on/from their rosters.
Agree Bettis was a Class individual. Please don't mistake my meaning. Being a fat ### myself i like to see 'one of my own' so to speak, succeed so wildly. Bettis struck a blow for all us bowling fat asses, and he sports one fine beard as well. I'm definately a fan.

I'd be amazed if LenDale White slipped out of the first round. He obviously didn't do himself any favors yesterday but he has too much talent to fall past 32. I can see the top 20 or so picks passing on him for equal/better talent but from 21-32 there are quite a few teams in need of a RB:

21- New England

22- Denver

27- Carolina

28- Jax?

30- Indy

32- Pitt

At the end of the 1st round how many players are guaranteed studs anyway? All it takes is one team that is willing to overlook White's feeble Pro Day showing and see his production on the field. Willis McGahee overcame far greater obstacles to become a 1st round pick.

I agree because it's not like the Steelers don't care about guys with good work ethic. Bettis had a great attitude, despite being overweight. A true leader. Steeler fans should not want this guy on their team so badly. He is not a younger Jerome Bettis. It's true that if White goes to the Steelers, he can be productive because of the strength of their o-line, but he could also be a huge head case. If I'm a GM, I don't think it's worth the game with a first round pick.
And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Bettis somewhat of a freak for someone his size? I know he had the jelly roll belly but didn't he have good speed as well? I seem to remember watching him run while at Notre Dame and it seemed like he had a 5th gear to pull away from people once he got in the open. So not only was Bettis a class act, but he was a hell of an athlete for his size. Ofcourse later in his career he lost a step and he would get gassed after about 30 yards and someone could chase him down from behind. But until LenDale's attitude and work ethic improve I wouldn't compare him to Bettis out of respect FOR Bettis.

I'd be amazed if LenDale White slipped out of the first round. He obviously didn't do himself any favors yesterday but he has too much talent to fall past 32. I can see the top 20 or so picks passing on him for equal/better talent but from 21-32 there are quite a few teams in need of a RB:

21- New England

22- Denver

27- Carolina

28- Jax?

30- Indy

32- Pitt

At the end of the 1st round how many players are guaranteed studs anyway? All it takes is one team that is willing to overlook White's feeble Pro Day showing and see his production on the field. Willis McGahee overcame far greater obstacles to become a 1st round pick.
The only problem that I see with this, is that you can get a RB in the later rounds, when it is less of a risk. Guys like Laurence Maroney, Brian Calhoun, Joseph Addai, Wali Lundy, Dontrell Moore, Cedrick Humes, Gerald Riggs, Jr. They may not be all that less productive than LenDale White on any of these teams.

I'd be amazed if LenDale White slipped out of the first round.  He obviously didn't do himself any favors yesterday but he has too much talent to fall past 32.  I can see the top 20 or so picks passing on him for equal/better talent but from 21-32 there are quite a few teams in need of a RB:

21- New England

22- Denver

27- Carolina

28- Jax?

30- Indy

32- Pitt

At the end of the 1st round how many players are guaranteed studs anyway?  All it takes is one team that is willing to overlook White's feeble Pro Day showing and see his production on the field.   Willis McGahee overcame far greater obstacles to become a 1st round pick.
The only problem that I see with this, is that you can get a RB in the later rounds, when it is less of a risk. Guys like Laurence Maroney, Brian Calhoun, Joseph Addai, Wali Lundy, Dontrell Moore, Cedrick Humes, Gerald Riggs, Jr. They may not be all that less productive than LenDale White on any of these teams.
Exactly. I think Maroney and Addai have both moved ahead of White in terms of desirablilty.When all is said and done, though, Addai will go after White.

I'd be amazed if LenDale White slipped out of the first round.  He obviously didn't do himself any favors yesterday but he has too much talent to fall past 32.  I can see the top 20 or so picks passing on him for equal/better talent but from 21-32 there are quite a few teams in need of a RB:

21- New England

22- Denver

27- Carolina

28- Jax?

30- Indy

32- Pitt

At the end of the 1st round how many players are guaranteed studs anyway?  All it takes is one team that is willing to overlook White's feeble Pro Day showing and see his production on the field.  Willis McGahee overcame far greater obstacles to become a 1st round pick.
I would disagree on Lundy, Moore, and Riggs, I think all 3 are long shots at best and I wouldnt spend higher than a 5th on any of them. I do think Humes, De'Arrius Howard, and Derrick Ross all present interesting later round power RB options.

I should clarify my comment above. I think Lundy, Moore and Riggs each could be effective running behind Pitt's line, not that they are as talented as White.

benching 225 15 times when you weigh 250 is pathetic. :thumbsdown: it's pretty obvious that he's not working out with weights very often...what a lazy #####. he has all this time to get ready for the "usc workout" and shows up looking like a bum.

Users who are viewing this thread