What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leonard Fournette threatens heckler, then plays the race card (VIDEO) (1 Viewer)

Yeldon said that he, the RBs, & the O-line all heard the comments.  The rest were mature enough to ignore; Fournette wasn’t.

So, either Jax players are lying to protect a teammate, or racist fans are lying to protect a racist friend.  You are choosing to believe one group over the other, for no logical reason, other than it’s what you believe happened.

https://www.islandpacket.com/sports/article222923575.html
I'm really not interested in defending against lazy accusations, or talking about myself, really. If you'd like to talk about Leonard Fournette--that's why I'm here. 

I didn't know a lot of this - so thank you. This certainly gives me pause. 

I still find it hard to believe that a guy is screaming racial slurs loud enough for players, team personnel, and other fans to hear - and Leonard Fournette was the only person to do anything about it. Stadium security is regularly tossing fans for much less. If the Jags were truly being berated by this guy, they could have had him kicked out. 

I've been to--jeez--dozens and dozens of pro or high level college sporting events all over the country and have never heard racial slurs directed at a player. I'm not saying it doesn't happen--while rare, I know it does--it would just be utterly shocking me if it did here and nothing was done about it. 

While I'm much less confident, having to throw out the "fan" accounts, if I had to guess, I'd say it didn't happen as Fournette and Yeldon claim. I just can't believe that you can yell racial slurs at players "all game" and nothing happens. 
Really?  Unless someone complains to security or an usher, they aren’t going to do anything.  If this section of the crowd was trying to bait Jax players, why would they complain to security?   (And look at the video-it’s trained exclusively on Fournette & is very stable & focused;  this isn’t some random fan taping a confrontation- he/she was deliberately taping Fournette.  If it was just a random fan, they’d be pointing the camera back & forth at bothe people involved).  Fournette is an idiot who should learn to ignore that stuff if it did happen, and he could be lying about what happened to justify his actions, but these kind of things do happen, and some random people on twitter claiming to have heard the whole thing doesn’t convince me he is lying. 

I'm really not interested in defending against lazy accusations, or talking about myself, really. If you'd like to talk about Leonard Fournette--that's why I'm here. 
Not trying to talk negatively about you; sorry if it came across that way.  

Like i said in my previous post, he’s an idiot for engaging the fans, regardless of what they said.  But, IMO, there’s nothing definitive to prove he’s lying, or telling the truth.  But, “I can’t believe this is what happened,” doesn’t convince me that he lied, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?  Unless someone complains to security or an usher, they aren’t going to do anything.  If this section of the crowd was trying to bait Jax players, why would they complain to security?   (And look at the video-it’s trained exclusively on Fournette & is very stable & focused;  this isn’t some random fan taping a confrontation- he/she was deliberately taping Fournette.  If it was just a random fan, they’d be pointing the camera back & forth at bothe people involved).  Fournette is an idiot who should learn to ignore that stuff if it did happen, and he could be lying about what happened to justify his actions, but these kind of things do happen, and some random people on twitter claiming to have heard the whole thing doesn’t convince me he is lying. 
This "section" of the crowd ins't a monolith. It's made up of a random collection of football fans--men, women, and children of various backgrounds. Yes, I think someone would say something--to the guy or to an usher; I think the team personnel would have the guy kicked out; I think plenty in the crowd would be just as upset as Fournette. 

"...and some random people on twitter claiming to have heard the whole thing doesn’t convince me he is lying. "

You quoted me above, prior to this, saying that I didn't realize the fans were just random twitter accounts. 

ETA: I can't even find the tweets claiming it's a lie.  Did the guy delete them?  And it looks like above may have been one guy tweeting 3 times, not 3 separate people tweeting.
Go to the @Patriot_Jones twitter page.   He isn't backing down from his claims.  Even offering to give his account to media.

Go to the @Patriot_Jones twitter page.   He isn't backing down from his claims.  Even offering to give his account to media.
Yeah I dunno if Twitter fliters what each user can see like Facebook because I can't find anything related to the Fournette situation there. 

I see a Hazel Scott Tweet, then a Nikki Haley retweet, then a Brett Mcdonald retweet, and then everything beyond that is from November or before.

Yeah I dunno if Twitter fliters what each user can see like Facebook because I can't find anything related to the Fournette situation there. 

I see a Hazel Scott Tweet, then a Nikki Haley retweet, then a Brett Mcdonald retweet, and then everything beyond that is from November or before.
Ah,  go to his replies.  

Ah,  go to his replies.  
Thanks, I am Twitter incompetent lol.

But just to clarify some of the discussion here it was one guy with 3 tweets, not tweets from 3 separate people.

He says he was friends with the heckler as well.  And FWIW his twitter is full of race related stuff and literally the day before he had been tweeting about how people treated racists, coincidentally I'm sure.

Just went back a month in his feed and found two more instances of him arguing with people about whether racial slurs were used in a situation.  Amazing the coincidence that he found himself seated right next to a scenario where exactly that happened again!

This "section" of the crowd ins't a monolith. It's made up of a random collection of football fans--men, women, and children of various backgrounds. Yes, I think someone would say something--to the guy or to an usher; I think the team personnel would have the guy kicked out; I think plenty in the crowd would be just as upset as Fournette. 

"...and some random people on twitter claiming to have heard the whole thing doesn’t convince me he is lying. "

You quoted me above, prior to this, saying that I didn't realize the fans were just random twitter accounts. 
Wait, you know the section of the crowd where this occurred?  Even if you do, you’re making assumptions that aren’t based in facts.  I’ve been to plenty of games (nfl, college, HS; MLB, NHL, etc) where things are said that aren’t appropriate but nobody gets security.  And how do we know another fan didn’t say anything?  You are making a lot of assumptions to support your belief that Fournette is lying.  And, again, he could very well be lying.  I’m not in a position to say he’s not.  I’m also not in a position to say he is.

Furthermore, it now appears, based on posts upthread that the corroboration was from one person, who isnt a random tweeter, but he is friends with the heckler, and his FB page contains a great deal of racially-tinted posts.  Not sure that this fans corroboration is that strong a point of argument .

Just went back a month in his feed and found two more instances of him arguing with people about whether racial slurs were used in a situation.  Amazing the coincidence that he found himself seated right next to a scenario where exactly that happened again!

Yeah...this makes Fournette's version of events much more probable imo

Wait, you know the section of the crowd where this occurred?  Even if you do, you’re making assumptions that aren’t based in facts.  I’ve been to plenty of games (nfl, college, HS; MLB, NHL, etc) where things are said that aren’t appropriate but nobody gets security.  And how do we know another fan didn’t say anything?  You are making a lot of assumptions to support your belief that Fournette is lying.  And, again, he could very well be lying.  I’m not in a position to say he’s not.  I’m also not in a position to say he is.

Furthermore, it now appears, based on posts upthread that the corroboration was from one person, who isnt a random tweeter, but he is friends with the heckler, and his FB page contains a great deal of racially-tinted posts.  Not sure that this fans corroboration is that strong a point of argument .
I’m not sure why you’re so obsessed with my thought process and what you don’t understand. If you’re hinting at an accusation - just come out with it.

I think it’s more likely that Fournette lied. At core, it’s an Occum’s Razor thing: I think that is more likely than a fan hurling racial slurs at him all game without being kicked out. That’s based on what I’ve read. I’m not pretending to know one way or the other or to have access to all the available information. If you disagree, good for you. If you’re completely agnostic, good for you.

If you’ve been to an NFL game, you know that entire sections aren’t comprised of one uniform group of people. Tickets are not sold at the section level.

I’m done talking about me, it’s boring. Unless you have an accusation to make; that could be fun. 

I’m not sure why you’re so obsessed with my thought process and what you don’t understand. If you’re hinting at an accusation - just come out with it.

I think it’s more likely that Fournette lied. At core, it’s an Occum’s Razor thing: I think that is more likely than a fan hurling racial slurs at him all game without being kicked out. That’s based on what I’ve read. I’m not pretending to know one way or the other or to have access to all the available information. If you disagree, good for you. If you’re completely agnostic, good for you.

If you’ve been to an NFL game, you know that entire sections aren’t comprised of one uniform group of people. Tickets are not sold at the section level.

I’m done talking about me, it’s boring. Unless you have an accusation to make; that could be fun. 
No one is obsessed with your thought process; I'm just pointing out that this thought process (which leads you to believe that Fournette is lying) has serious flaws in it.

People say things, ALL THE TIME, at these events that don't result in them getting kicked out.  So your premise that it's impossible that the heckler could have said the things Fournette (and Yeldon) heard because he would have been removed, is flawed from the outset.  Does that mean Fournette is telling the truth?  No, but it isn't very convincing as an argument that he is.

Not sure why you want me to be making some sort of accusation; seems rather pointless.

No one is obsessed with your thought process; I'm just pointing out that this thought process (which leads you to believe that Fournette is lying) has serious flaws in it.

People say things, ALL THE TIME, at these events that don't result in them getting kicked out.  So your premise that it's impossible that the heckler could have said the things Fournette (and Yeldon) heard because he would have been removed, is flawed from the outset.  Does that mean Fournette is telling the truth?  No, but it isn't very convincing as an argument that he is.

Not sure why you want me to be making some sort of accusation; seems rather pointless.
You've either seriously misunderstood me or are purposely misrepresenting me: I never used the word impossible in this thread; I never said it couldn't have happened; I never claimed to know one way or the other; I never called Fournette a liar. I simply said one scenario feels more likely to me than the other. 

You've either seriously misunderstood me or are purposely misrepresenting me: I never used the word impossible in this thread; I never said it couldn't have happened; I never claimed to know one way or the other; I never called Fournette a liar. I simply said one scenario feels more likely to me than the other. 
I didn't say you're calling Fournette a liar, but-to be fair, if you are saying you don't believe what he is saying is true, you are essentially calling him a liar.

If the word impossible isn't fair (and I agree, you didn't use that word), then replace it with unlikely, if you like.  The point remains the same.  If your belief is that Fournette isn't telling the truth is based on the belief that if those things were said by the heckler would have led to him being ejected, that's a flawed starting point, IMO.  When you add to that that the "corroboration" for the heckler's side was made by a friend of his, and that this friend has a series of racially-sensitive posts on social media, that leads to further questions about who is telling the truth and who isn't.

I didn't say you're calling Fournette a liar, but-to be fair, if you are saying you don't believe what he is saying is true, you are essentially calling him a liar.

If the word impossible isn't fair (and I agree, you didn't use that word), then replace it with unlikely, if you like.  The point remains the same.  If your belief is that Fournette isn't telling the truth is based on the belief that if those things were said by the heckler would have led to him being ejected, that's a flawed starting point, IMO.  When you add to that that the "corroboration" for the heckler's side was made by a friend of his, and that this friend has a series of racially-sensitive posts on social media, that leads to further questions about who is telling the truth and who isn't.
I tried and am really done now. 

I think Bayhawks has a lot of time on his/her hands and also loves to argue on the internet. There is no other explanation really. 

Users who are viewing this thread