What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's play pick a player in dynasty - must be same position - only two players listed per post (1 Viewer)

rookies - Zach Evans vs Sean Tucker

I have Zach Evans RB5 in DEVY and Sean Tucker RB6. In start 1qb leagues I have Evans 1.07 and Tucker 1.08. In SF I have them 1.09 and 1.10 respectively.

I hope Evan's profile is really 6'0" 215 and not something closer to 200 lbs.

I really like both players. It will be interesting to see the landing spots. We've seen that cripple a rookie RBs value, at least short term.
Love both players - this one’s all about landing spot, but I feel like Tucker has a slight edge. IIRC devy communities had Evans as the clear RB3 in this draft for a long time, and that’s probably still correct.

But it’s close enough that for me it’s a pick-em, and the team they go to decides their FF value.

I said a few weeks ago that this Chi-Det game could be a key in fantasy championships.
Highest total of the week at 52. First time they played they put up 61.
Fields had 51 points in my league that week. 147 RuYd, 2 RuTD, with 2 PaTd thrown in for good measure.

And per the article @Joe Bryant just shared, CHI can play spoiler and potentially knock DET out of the playoffs with a win.

KW3 over Barkley - youth mostly

Hurts over Fields - Fields has more upside but needs the help Hurts got this year

Evans slightly over Tucker - draft will really swing this

I have Zach Evans RB5 in DEVY and Sean Tucker RB6. In start 1qb leagues I have Evans 1.07 and Tucker 1.08. In SF I have them 1.09 and 1.10 respectively.

I really like both players. It will be interesting to see the landing spots. We've seen that cripple a rookie RBs value, at least short term.
Love both players - this one’s all about landing spot, but I feel like Tucker has a slight edge. IIRC devy communities had Evans as the clear RB3 in this draft for a long time, and that’s probably still correct.

But it’s close enough that for me it’s a pick-em, and the team they go to decides their FF value.
When I said I had them RB4 and RB6 that is DEVY all years. I have Evans RB3 and Tucker RB4 in the 2023 rookie draft.

Last edited:

When I said I had them RB4 and RB5 that is DEVY all years. I have Evans RB3 and Tucker RB4 in the 2023 rookie draft.
Yes - I agree with that, and assume Henderson (2024) is RB3 Devy? Who’s your #4 if they’re 5-6?

That said, I, personally, like Tucker a little more. But I would happily take either of them and let landing spot be the tiebreaker.

I said a few weeks ago that this Chi-Det game could be a key in fantasy championships.
Highest total of the week at 52. First time they played they put up 61.
Fields had 51 points in my league that week. 147 RuYd, 2 RuTD, with 2 PaTd thrown in for good measure.

And per the article @Joe Bryant just shared, CHI can play spoiler and potentially knock DET out of the playoffs with a win.
Detroit has struggled vs the run. I really like this over.

When I said I had them RB4 and RB5 that is DEVY all years. I have Evans RB3 and Tucker RB4 in the 2023 rookie draft.
Yes - I agree with that, and assume Henderson (2024) is RB3 Devy? Who’s your #4 if they’re 5-6?

That said, I, personally, like Tucker a little more. But I would happily take either of them and let landing spot be the tiebreaker.
I meant to say I have Bijan Robinson, Gibbs, Henderson, Evans, Judkins, then Tucker for DEVY. So, that would be Robinson, Gibbs, Evans, and Tucker for 2023. I'm sure I screwed that up somewhere.

Detroit has struggled vs the run. I really like this over.
And for a sleeper RB, K. Herbert.
I think he's better than Montgomery, but as we all know, it is opportunity, opportunity, opportunity.

Who would you compare Herbert with in dynasty? So we can choose ;)
James Cook?
Probably Dalvin Cook, but I'm trying to think of a RB that I would compare to where I would have to choose between them in dynasty. In other words a hard decision. I get what you're saying with Cook. We're not comparing guys of similar size and build, but we are comparing what we think will be long term usage and because of Cook's size I think Herbert would have a lot more value on a team with more opportunity. So, even though I like Herbert more long term, Cook carries more value today, so I would take advantage of that if I were the one giving Cook.

Last edited:
Brian Robinson or James Cook.
Brian Robinson. I still have my doubts about Cook's future playing time. I still don't see him as a 3 down back, so that limits him IMO.
Is Robinson a 3 down back?

Agreed...and will add there just aren't too many who are gonna be legit 3 down RBs...I just don't think you can properly evaluate RBs in today's game using the old school 3 down criteria...that being said I do think it is important that they can play all 3 downs (just without that 3 down workload).

Brian Robinson or James Cook.
Brian Robinson. I still have my doubts about Cook's future playing time. I still don't see him as a 3 down back, so that limits him IMO.
Is Robinson a 3 down back?
I think he has more of a 3 down makeup than James Cook
Fair take but Robinson doesn’t add much is the passing game. There’s a place for him in the NFL but see him as a short yardage/grind a game out role at best. Cook may never be more than a third down back - but that’s valuable in fantasy. I think he showed ability to be a bit more - he can run inside (maybe not too often at his size). The Bills may bring in another back but I think they let Singletary go and some of that role goes to Cook.

Evan Engram vs Gerald Everett?
Engram in any format, don't play much single PPR for TE leagues but mainly TE premium and I got the gap as big. Engrams looked legit last few weeks. Part of that is him but also Pederson/coaching using him properly. He only signed a one year prove it deal and for his sake hope he remains in Jacksonville but I think he's turned the corner.

Chris Evans or Deon Jackson?

Evans was expected to do more this year, but was hurt. Perine is likely gone in FA, and he's getting on in years. Both he & Jackson should be 1 hit away from relevance in 2023.

Akers or Algeier?
I like Akers here. I'm not convinced the Falcons won't take a RB in the 1st or 2nd round. Some mocks have Bijan going to ATL, which would absolutely murder Algiers's value
I could see Bijan going to Jacksonville. That would kill ETN’s value.
I haven’t seen that in any mock to date. I’m skeptical.

Also that’s hurtful. Why would you put that juju on my boy ETN? 🥹

Waddle over Wilson
I have zero qualms going with Wilson
I love Wilson, Waddle is in a better situation right now.
I think it goes deeper then QB but is he really now that Zach Wilson is as good as finished?

I'm not that big on Tua to be honest. He's solid but he's not someone who I view as elevating anyone. He's also had a lot of injuries and has possibly just suffered his third concussion this year. That's dicey to me.

We know with the Jets that Zach Wilson is done and we've seen almost any other QB come in the last two years and do well so it's hard to not think it's a Zach Wilson issue in an otherwise strong situation which should be even better next year with some healthy OL and Breece Hall back. We also know with Zach Wilson done as a Jet they are in the QB market, and again I'm not sure that's not going to work out better then counting on Tua to remain healthy.

G Wilson has not demonstrated he can survive the likes of Streveler or Zach Wilson but he has balled out with Flacco and Mike White, When you can do that I don't worry so much about the QB.

3 games this year with Mike White: 19/335/2

3 games this year with the Joe freaking Flacco: 18/214/2

That's 37/549/4 in the 6 games he was not suffering through life with Zach Wilson and solid every game, not a single dud.

I just view Wilson as someone who has much more play strength and more of a true #1 then Waddle.

Waddle over Wilson
I think it goes deeper then QB but is he really now that Zach Wilson is as good as finished?

I'm not that big on Tua to be honest. He's solid but he's not someone who I view as elevating anyone. He's also had a lot of injuries and has possibly just suffered his third concussion this year. That's dicey to me.

We know with the Jets that Zach Wilson is done and we've seen almost any other QB come in the last two years and do well so it's hard to not think it's a Zach Wilson issue in an otherwise strong situation which should be even better next year with some healthy OL and Breece Hall back. We also know with Zach Wilson done as a Jet they are in the QB market, and again I'm not sure that's not going to work out better then counting on Tua to remain healthy.

G Wilson has not demonstrated he can survive the likes of Streveler or Zach Wilson but he has balled out with Flacco and Mike White, When you can do that I don't worry so much about the QB.

That's 37/549/4 in the 6 games he was not suffering through life with Zach Wilson and solid every game, not a single dud.

I just view Wilson as someone who has much more play strength and more of a true #1 then Waddle.
Don’t forget Hill takes attention away from Waddle, thats also part of the equation.

Waddle over Wilson

Don’t forget Hill takes attention away from Waddle, thats also part of the equation.
Yes and he's great and the real MVP of the offense IMO but it's also part of that equation that Tyreek is a target monster in this offense, he's not some deep threat just opening things up for people. He usually eats first and that seems to have impacted Waddle's volume. That's one of the reasons I like Garrett more, he's more suited to a higher volume role IMO and for me, in PPR fantasy, ,volume trumps efficiency.

Could Fields be a fantasy MVP next year? Quite possibly.
Yes. And I am ready to believe on Fields.

What percentage of Hurts dynasty owners would trade him for Fields, do you reckon?

1% if it's later in the evening and they've been drinking.
Could Fields be a fantasy MVP next year? Quite possibly.
Yes. And I am ready to believe on Fields.

What percentage of Hurts dynasty owners would trade him for Fields, do you reckon?
I’d bet close to 5%, but likely not a lot more.

Hurts is there. Fields can get there. Hurts is a substantially better QB at the moment. Fields could become one. Fields rushing is other-worldly, but wondering what happens when they have a deeper receiver corps. Might end up balancing closer to Hurts run/pass.
Fields will be missing a ton of games if he keeps rushing like he has been.

Fields will be missing a ton of games if he keeps rushing like he has been.
Yeah - as a redraft owner I hope he has 25 RuAtt for 235 yards and 3 TDs.

As a dynasty owner I’d much prefer 7/108/1 and 250/2 in the air.it would be nice to have him vertical next year.

A guy tried to get Jahmyr Gibbs and a third from me and offered Nick Chubb and a 2nd in a DEVY league and I turned it down. Keep in mind both college underclassman and rookies can be drafted, so that increases the value of 2nd round picks. Hell, even 3rd round picks too. He already has Bijan Robinson and Treveyon Henderson.

No way I do a deal like that, even if Gibbs busts and I’m a playoff team.

Last edited:
A guy tried to get Jahmyr Gibbs and a third from me and offered Nick Chubb and a 2nd in a DEVY league and I turned it down. Keep in mind both college underclassman and rookies can be drafted, so that increases the value of 2nd round picks. Hell, even 3rd round picks too. He already has Bijan Robinson and Treveyon Henderson.
I would have said yes today and twice on Sunday. He's offering you a stud for a dice roll and bumping your pick from a 3rd to a 2nd to do it???

Brandon Aiyuk vs Michael Pittman
I like Aiyuk here. I just think he's a much more talented player. I've found Pittman to be underwhelming, he's ok, but I don't think he's a #1 WR, and I think at least some of the Colts problems are he's cast as one. I'm not convinced Pittman is better than Alec Pierce long term to be honest. Also, Indy is unlikely to have as good a play caller as Shanahan anytime soon.

Christian Watson vs George Pickens
This is a very interesting one. Before the season I would have said Pickens, but I'm leaning Watson now. To be honest the biggest reason for that is actually neither player themselves, but more than I think the Steelers have so much other pass catching talent. Diontae Johnson is a target hog, with 3 different QBs, and I think Freiermuth is a guy who could absolutely make a leap to top-3 TE. In GB Watson has every chance to be the #1 both short and long term.

Users who are viewing this thread