What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Little Melvin can't be exposed to peanuts (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on a scent free school zone? I know a local school that has a student with severe allergies and asthma that wants the school turned into a scent free building. No cologne, perfume, body spray, air fresheners or scented lotions allowed.

Eta this is a high school.
Time for those kids to consider home schooling. 

Time for those kids to consider home schooling. 
They left the school after about a month. Not sure where they went. Homeschooling for high school isn't easy. Not many adults that could pass a high school chemistry, geometry, Econ, history exam. Even tougher to teach it to a kid. His parents were nice but neither seemed very  well educated. 

Last edited by a moderator:
can't tell if serious
Serious.

After that year we moved our child to the local public schools.  Her best friend from her first year or two there was the tiniest,most frail kid in class, the female equivalent of Doodle in The Scarlett Ibis.  he had peanut allergies, milk allergies, sun light allergies, and a thousand other ones on top of those.  She was a sweet kid.  Anyhow they went to some particular clinic or group for parents and kids like her.  When this girls mom was talking to my wife one time she mentioned that one of the kids, Mel, had passed away and everyone was quite upset.  I never found out if Mel was Melvin, I did not want to ask.  having had no other contacts to a distant classmate from preschool I don't really know the outcome.  You lose touch.

My daughter did see her little friend from grade school recently at the mall.  They drifted apart when they went off to different schools.  that little girl is still well undersized, but is now goth, wearing heavy makeup and smoking cigs. Apparently some of her allergies must have abated some with age.

They left the school after about a month. Not sure where they went. Homeschooling for high school isn't easy. Not many adults that could pass a high school chemistry, geometry, Econ, history exam. Even tougher to teach it to a kid. His parents were nice but neither seemed very  well educated. 
Yeah it's tough, but cant be as tough as ensuring a high school is "scent free".  That is ridiculous.  How do you even enforce it?  And how does anyone have the nerve to insist an entire high school conform to something so ridiculous?

Yeah it's tough, but cant be as tough as ensuring a high school is "scent free".  That is ridiculous.  How do you even enforce it?  And how does anyone have the nerve to insist an entire high school conform to something so ridiculous?
To be fair, it was a request the parent made once or twice and principal had to explain how impossible it would be. They said their last school had a special room all his classes were in and it was a "scent free zone" and they installed an air filter/circulation system. I'm not sure if that was true or not, but our school wasn't interested in that. Also, how do you get all his classes in the room? I felt bad for the kid because he was really nice, pretty sharp and wanted to be a doctor.  It seems like their could have been some kind of breathing mask he could have worn, I don't know. It was just a tough situation. 

So, my kids school has removed all peanut restrictions saying there is not enough risk to warrant additional restrictions. I barely hear about this in the news anymore.  

Is this another Trump victory?

Can we get Mojo back yet?

I was always surprised that the thread seemed to go almost 100% to the peanut allergy thing and ignored the part of the open about religious marketing to parents through their children's school.

Little Melvin takes on Peter Rabbit

There is a movement to boycott the movie Peter Rabbit due to the use of a food allergy in part of the movie.
The problem here is that Melvin and his mom don't know the backstory. 

See, the rabbit that fired the potentially fatal blackberry was the lone survivor of a lawnmower attack that wiped out his entire family as a yute. So, when some ******* human attacks his garden, he ain't playin' around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread