What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Call-In Audible: The Drive Block 10 PM eastern tonight (1 Viewer)

Being that this is the season that everyone publishes their top ten lists I was wondering if you all could discuss your top fantasy sleepers going into next year?

I also have another holiday related question. If your wives put homemade fruitcake down in front of you on Christmas morning along with the bacon and eggs you would a) eat it willingly, b) explain to your kids that eating it is a sign of your unrequited love for their mom or c) take it as a sign that you have not been making the right Game Time Decisions?

Merry Christmas to Y'all.....

(I know you guys read these questions early so if you have the time could you e-mail me your favorite five or ten songs? I am always in need of expanding my musical horizons.)

Thanks for the great work all season guys, this week I look to 2009.

Do you think Gonzo will be out of KC next year? I'm hoping Cottam may have some value if he does.

Best chance to be a starting QB next year and a FF #2 QB:

Vick

T. Jackson

Orlovsky

J. Johnson

Either of these 2 Rb's have value next year (PPR 14 team league):

M. Hart

K. Lumpkin

Top 2 of these WR for next year (PPR):

K. Burton

J. Gaffney

D. Williams

C. Henry

M. Walker

Last edited by a moderator:
What's up guys,

Made it to the Championship Game,

I'm having a little problems selecting receivers this week its a PPR league with 1/point every 10 yards.

Odd man out

R. White (@ Minn) (Start)

S. Smith (@ NYG)

M. Colston (@ Det)

L. Moore (@ Det)

I'm thinking White, Smith and Moore, or should I drop S. Smith and go with White Colston and Moore or should I go with another combination. The only thing with the second line up is that I have Brees as my QB and I'm starting P. Thomas as my RB1. Detroit gives up alot of yards on the ground and to slot receivers/TEs and I think Moore should be in for a great game with Bush on IR. What do you guys think.

Also on defense I have Tennessee. Should I go out to the waiver wire and pick up someone like:

NE (@ home vs AZ)

Atl (@ Min)

SF (@ StL)

Appreciate all the help this season.

Ron in VA

Greetings from the Championship Game! A few questions this week as my team goes for all the marbles (PPR, 6 pts all TDs):

1- Chris Johnson vs. Sammy Morris vs. Derrick Ward... choose one (1)

2- Jerricho Cotchery vs. Kevin Walter vs. Bryant Johnson... choose (1)

3- Tyler Thigpen vs. Aaron Rodgers

4- Indianapolis vs. NY Jets Defense (if by some chance you can get to this one in time)

Thanks, as always, and good luck to you guys in your games!

Sig...

Many Kurt Warner owners seem to be rushing to insert the likes of Dan Orlovsky or Ryan Fitzpatrick into their championship round lineup. How badly are you letting weather factor in this week? Are you sitting Warner for anyone with even a lukewarm matchup this week, or are you starting him with confidence?

Brandon Jacobs injury update. Is Ward(ankle) a viable rb option or not?

Matt Forte injury update. Start or sit? probably start?

Frank Gore injury update. Start or sit? more than likely sit.

Chris Johnson...Can he bend not break open the Steelers Defense? I wouldn't start foster over him. Think Keanu Reeves....Neo in the Matrix. Anomaly in the perfect system. Wishful thinking he scores a healthy 12 points.

Considering Jacobs, Wards, Fortes, Gores and Chris "Dreads Johnson" situation is Chester Taylor a better play for some semblance of safe points scored. Last 6 weeks scoring non ppr. 17-0-9-12-11-14. Dare I say consistency?

Please talk about Chester Taylor. Some people are looking for sleeper home runs...How about talking about safety or scrap points.

Knocked out of playoff in two of my leagues, one by my wife, the other by my 11 year-old nephew, but still alive in two! Need to preserve my manhood, so help me out guys.

Championship Game (non-PPR, TD heavy)...Oh Billy, Billy, Billy...this is the BIG ONE Billy...

Because my Denver RBs have been dropping like Spinal Tap drummers, I need a WR/RB flex play. I have Cedric Benson (dare I say I'm leaning toward this because of the matchup?), PJ Pope, JJ Arrington, "Happy Feet" Eddie Royal or Tim Hightower (who I basically haven't dropped simply because I know, as soon as I do, he'll hang 20pts up). Also available on the wire: Tashard Choice, Cotchery, Mark Clayton, Braylon Edwards or Derrick Mason.

Semifinal Game (PPR League, yards more important than TDs):

I have Gore and Barber, assuming they don't play (or maybe even if they do), who would you start in their stead at a RB/WR felx position? I have JJ Arrington standing by, but other players available on the waiver wire: Hightower, PJ Pope, M. Moore, C. Taylor, Norwood, Maurice Morris, or Mark Clayton?

Thanks guys,

Coloradan Stuck in Texas

Jonathan

Without naming names, I feel like some people are a little too excited about Foster if Gore doesn't play. I have him on one of my rosters, but my gut says start LJ over him as my flex...thoughts?

Since my rosters are frozen for the playoffs there aren't many decisions left to be made, so I'll ask two general questions if you have the time:

1. What's your least favorite rule/roster setting/etc. that you see in a lot of fantasy leagues?

2. What's your favorite rule that not enough fantasy leagues use?

Thanks for all your hard work guys, happy holidays. Oh, and if you don't mind, put some rum on Jobu's shrine for Frank Gore's ankle and my two teams trying to bring home a championship, but remember if Cecil is tempted to have any: "is very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Is very bad."

I wouldn't mind getting a little insight into QB & WR this week. I'm in a heated SB where the other team has already beat me twice.

QB: Shaun Hill/Tyler Thigpen/Seneca Wallace - Is there any reason why Hill in a dome vs the Rams should not be expected to have as good of a game as Wallace/Thigpen this week? Those are my only options so it's not like I'm reaching. None of these guys are gunning for the playoffs. Does Seattle get a boost for Holmgren's final home game? Why would Thigpen be expected to have a top 10 performance this week against Miami?

WR (no PPR): Trying to select one from Colston/V Jackson/K Walter/Hixon - I'm torn here. Walter @ Oak seems like the pick to me, but it's hard not to start Colston against Detroit. Why all the love for VJax this week @ TB? SD is 2 wins and a DEN loss to BUF away from the playoffs. And as Bloom alluded to in the forums, watch out for the Giants when they're at their most motivated (like this weekend).

Also, if anyone wants to beat the dead horses of Team Defense or Deangelo Williams in week 16, I'll still eagerly listen :thumbup:

Great work :lmao: Motorhead :lmao: boys....

3 quick ones.

PPR....

1. Breaston @ NE or Avery vs 49ers as my WR3 ?

I know Avery is playing with a cracked hip,

which is why I'm leaning towards Breaston against the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th

stringers on defense in New England.

2. Grant @ CHI or Chris Johnson @ PIT

This one is difficult. I've got LT, Turner, Grant and CJohnson,

and I need to leave one on the bench.

3. Cutler vs Bills or Rodgers @ Bears

Possible snow in Denver, while Bears pass D has been horrrrible.

Thanks, and RockOn Gentlemen,

Ron Mexico

:kicksrock:

1) Do you start Thigpen over Warner? Standard Scoring.

2) Will you still do the weekly podcasts after this week?

3) When can we look forward to the first draft guys video?

Thanks again for all the advice and analysis this season. I'm already looking forward to next season.

Hey guys,

With your help, I made it in the playoffs in all four of my leagues and although last week was tough (1-3) I still have 1 championship game to win. Here's where I need help. I need to sit one RB.

Adrian Peterson vs. ATL (He's been better at home)

Pierre Thomas @ DET (No Bush here)

Steve Slaton @ OAK (Man the Raiders stink)

Std Scoring with 5pt bonus for 100yds (rush/rec)

I have actually toyed with sitting AP here due to the lack of TD's (Averaging 1 at home per game this year). And he supposedly has a bum ankle. Thomas should be a monster vs Detroit and likewise for Slaton. Am I overthinking this?? :own3d: Who would you sit?

Thanks guys. Keep up the good work and great Podcasts!

Todd

Hey guys need some help in my PPR championship game

Which QB to start: Hill or Ryan?

Also, already going with ADP and P. Thomas at RB, and Boldin and Bruce at WR, which of the following guys is my flex?

Larry Johnson

D Branch

W Dunn

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to you guys. Great job as always.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for everything. I did really well this season, and it was due in part to the insights I got from listening to you.

What's the podcast schedule for the NFL playoffs and the offseason? I can't wait for the positional breakdowns by division to start back up again.

WB

Sig-

Love the show.

This week's Drive Block probably applies most to those fortunate enough to be in Superbowls this weekend. Most got there on the play of our studs. Could you break down some of the tough matchups that studs face this week as GMs weigh starting them against starting less consistent players with easier matchups? For example, I've got 3 stud running backs, and need to sit one: either ADP vs. MIN, Turnier @ MIN, or DeAngelo Williams @ NYG. None are easy matchups, but it'll be painful to sit the wrong one!

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Almost forgot... PPR league where Reggie Bush is OUT, Marvin Harrison is OUT... here's the scraps left at flex:

Jeremy Shockey vs. Bryant Johnson (I know, yikes!)

Thanks

BB

I'll proabably call in anyways...buuuut:

WR, non-ppr, pick 3: Marshall vBUF, ABryant vSD, Colston @DET, Bowe vMIA, TO vBAL

QB: Orton vGB or Thigpen vMIA

D/ST #1: NO @DET, TEN vPIT, or NE vARI? Alot of points for return yards in this league

D/ST #2: NYJ @SEA, or NE vARI?

Sup fellas... love the podcasts and the website. I get a tremendous kick out of reading posts in the shark pool.

Quick question... Championship game with standard scoring

Need 3 WRs...

Fitzy @ NE (weather?)

E 15 vs. Buf

Calvin & Hopps vs. New Orleans

BannedTonio Bryant vs. San Diego

I'm leaning towards Fitz, E 15, and Calvin but Bryant has been playing out of his mind.

Is he going to remember that he is Antonio Bryant or should I stick with consistency and upside in E 15.

I also have Cutler but I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not to double up based on how they've played when they don't have a running game.

I also am curious about what the future holds for Josh Johnson and Craig Lumpkin for next year and where you would slot Shaun Greene of Iowa among RBs in the draft if he opts to go pro. Can you identify a current pro who he would compare to?

Thanks again guys... you rock!

Hey fellas... I limped into the finals and have tough call at QB. My choices are Eli Manning in potentially bad weather vs. Car, Orlovski vs. NO or Wallace vs. NY. Help!

Hopefully Im not too late for the party with this question, but

In a no-PPR, I need 2 of these ballers:

D-Bowe

T.O.

Cotchery

MB3

Tashard Choice

Eddie Royal

Im leaning toward Bowe and Choice, but its hard for me to sit TO in the championship

If it makes any difference, my opponent has Cassel, MJD, LT, and Marshall all with easy matchups, and the redhot DeAngelo Williams while I have Bush on the IR and MB3 looking like hes not worth a start

Thanks again for everyone showing up and being a part of the show!

If I get Cec and Sig on the air live off season I will let you guys no so you can harass them live again.

Users who are viewing this thread