What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looting in Missouri after cops shoot 18 year old (1 Viewer)

Anyone else picturing Todd Andrews with albino white skin, johnny winters hair walking around in a black panther outfit with a beret? Lolz...

So while Brown was bum rushing Wilson for the distance of 20 or 30 feet was he staring at the ground ?Im trying to figure out how the bullet went into the top of his head
I'm guessing, GUESSING, GUESSING, that one of the prior shots made him buckle in such a way that his head went forward.

CNN is reporting that Wilson had a swollen face but didn't suffer any fractures.
shocker
What was this guy thinking trying to protect himself against a 290 lb guy...
Wilson must show that he feared for his life. So if Wilson wasn't the victim of a severe beating, then his case for killing Brown becomes weaker. Moreover, if the report that Wilson suffered a fractured eye socket was false, then the report's claim that there's evidence of stuggle for the gun is also dubious.
I don't agree with your analysis. If the kid did try to grab the cop's weapon once and then he started charging the cop again that would cause the cop to fear for his life whether or not he had suffered a severe beating. As a matter of fact it would meet that requirement even if the kid had never hit him. Cops are not required to physically fight someone and risk having their gun taken away from them. Especially when that person has already demonstrated his intent to take the weapon.
Hence why I said the claim that there's evidence Brown grabbed for his gun was dubious. If I recall correctly, both claims came from the same source.
I was addressing your legal analysis not the strength of the evidence--which we really don't have much of at this point.
What? If Wilson wasn't the victim of a severe beating and there's no evidence of a struggle for the gun, then his case for shooting Brown seems much weaker than has been stated by people here, including me, who were basing it off of the Fox report.
This:

Wilson must show that he feared for his life. So if Wilson wasn't the victim of a severe beating, then his case for killing Brown becomes weaker.
You completely chopped an important part of my statement. The report of the broken eye socket and evidence of a struggle for the gun came from the same source. So if the source was incorrect on the eye socket, then there's reason to doubt his or her claim on there being evidence of a stuggle for the gun. Furthermore, both seemed to be critical points of evidence that folks here were using to justify Wilson's actions

Wilson doesn't have to show anything actually. Probably like George Z, if he ever goes to trial he'll never testify. Just have his defense team question the witnesses, get a jury dominated by older white people, and then his lawyer argues the state can't prove it (which is probably true). And he'll walk.
:lmao:

You completely chopped an important part of my statement. The report of the broken eye socket and evidence of a struggle for the gun came from the same source. So if the source was incorrect on the eye socket, then there's reason to doubt his or her claim on there being evidence of a stuggle for the gun. Furthermore, both seemed to be critical points of evidence that folks here were using to justify Wilson's actions
Like I said before, that part goes to the strength of the evidence--which we actually haven't seen yet. You are conflating issues.

I don't trust you anymore on this stuff, Christo. Before the Zimmerman trial started, you wrote that because it was a self-defense claim, that Zimmerman HAD to testify. I took your word for it and looked forward to an entertaining cross-examination- the highlight of the trial, something we never get to see anymore in these high publicity trials. But you were wrong; he never testified. And Wilson will never testify either.

CNN is reporting that Wilson had a swollen face but didn't suffer any fractures.
shocker
Wilson must show that he feared for his life. So if Wilson wasn't the victim of a severe beating, then his case for killing Brown becomes weaker. Moreover, if the report that Wilson suffered a fractured eye socket was false, then the report's claim that there's evidence of stuggle for the gun is also dubious.
I don't agree with your analysis. If the kid did try to grab the cop's weapon once and then he started charging the cop again that would cause the cop to fear for his life whether or not he had suffered a severe beating. As a matter of fact it would meet that requirement even if the kid had never hit him. Cops are not required to physically fight someone and risk having their gun taken away from them. Especially when that person has already demonstrated his intent to take the weapon.
Christo, lmao at you believing someone grabs a cops gun. You won't be honest but you know I'm right. You know cops use this as a defense.

Wilson doesn't have to show anything actually. Probably like George Z, if he ever goes to trial he'll never testify. Just have his defense team question the witnesses, get a jury dominated by older white people, and then his lawyer argues the state can't prove it (which is probably true). And he'll walk.
Why is everything about race. It is the worst Schlick on this forum. Why can't you frame arguments based on the evidence and stop assuming that every person of every race behavior is based on race.

shocker
Christo, lmao at you believing someone grabs a cops gun. You won't be honest but you know I'm right. You know cops use this as a defense.
So that must mean it never happens.

shocker
I hope this is sarcasm because it does happen when people try and grab a cops gun. Google it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everything about race. It is the worst Schlick on this forum. Why can't you frame arguments based on the evidence and stop assuming that every person of every race behavior is based on race.
What evidence is there on either side that is indisputable? Seems like only evidence is where and how many times he was shot. But both sides are on their way to a defense.

shocker
Will you look at that. Christo speculating.

Not an emoticon in sight

I'm impressed (by financewonk, not Christo)

Stinger Ray said:
metoo said:
shocker
I hope this is sarcasm because it does happen when people try and grab a cops gun. Google it.
Nope no sarcasm. Cops use the grap my weapon defense a lot.

Stinger Ray said:
metoo said:
shocker
And you can't defend against it unless you have have a camera. DNA will not protect you.

Stinger Ray said:
metoo said:
shocker
And you can't defend against it unless you have have a camera. DNA will not protect you.
So it's like a get out of jail free card...

Gary Coal Man said:
metoo said:
Christo, lmao at you believing someone grabs a cops gun.
Sometimes in front of spectators...
Sure he was going for her gun? A good lawyer would make the case that he was just trying to get one last piece of ### before he gets sent to Alcatraz for life.

msommer said:
shocker
Will you look at that. Christo speculating.Not an emoticon in sight

I'm impressed (by financewonk, not Christo)
What am I speculating about?

Stinger Ray said:
metoo said:
shocker
I bet you wish you could go back and not write those first two sentences.

GZ did have some pics from shortly after the shooting with scrapes and blood on the back of his head. Maybe they took similar pictures of Wilson but haven't released them yet. :shrug:

Show me on the streets where a black man grabs a cops gun? I'm tired of this narrative by cops and white folks believing it.

:lol: All right, tell you what jon, if you become Wilson's lawyer, you get a jury filled with blacks and young people. See how that does for you.

NBC reporting that Ferg PD has told them Wilson did not file an incident report of the shooting!! What???? Are you kidding me?? This is a cover-up!!!
I saw that story. Allegedly the prosecutor has told MSNBC that there was never a report completed or filed.

So... anyone want to speculate as to why the cop never called EMS, waited to call in the shooting, and never filed a report?

" post="17126784" timestamp="1408629425"]
I wonder whether a young person who has maybe had it in his head to try to disarm a cop, finding himself fairly close to the cop might try to rush at that much smaller cop if he saw that cop take his eyes off of him and look at the co-suspect? At 30 feet away, a mere 10 yards, a distance a world class athlete can cover in a second, that young man might be tempted, after all young men can overestimate their abilities and often feel impregnable. Now if that distance was only 20 feet, having been misestimated as folks often do, might the young man have been more tempted? I don't know, but in that instance the young man would not be far off from having estimated correctly. A persons reaction time is slow enough to allow most of us to cover around 10 to 12 feet before they can respond. Of course if the response was shooting and backing away, thus creating more space and time that would be a bad decision, but one a young man might be foolish enough to make. Hell, I've seen young people make lots of foolish life or death choices behind the wheel of a car or on bikes or skateboards in traffic.

For the record I am still awaiting the autopsy and the forensics. I am not advocating the above position, I am recognizing a possibility, and I understand that possibility would, at this time, be nothing more than wild speculation not remotely based on any information thus offered or remotely confirmed.
very well said.

Forensics will be interesting. :popcorn:
will forensics be able to determine the distance between them?That depends. There may be blood spatter where sots hit and blood trails from those points. The blood patterns are different from a hit and then a continuing bleed out. If the Officer had a semiautomatic gun, a likelihood, there will be ejected shell casings. Now ejection is not uniform, and shell casings do bounce irregularly, but we can get some indication of officer position and movement from these. Also, related to stippling is gun shot residue, GSR. Relative amounts of residue deposit are related to distance, and of course potentially repeated exposure, but yes, forensics can help enlighten the matter, while still not being 100% determinative.

A family friend of Wilson’s told The Washington Post that Wilson suffered a fractured eye socket.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/21/prosecutors-have-not-spoken-to-darren-wilson-yet/

a family friend of the officer who fatally shot Brown came forward to allege new details of the incident, saying that the officer suffered a fracture to his eye socket in a scuffle with the unarmed teenager before opening fire.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/police-officer-who-shot-michael-brown-suffered-fractured-eye-socket-friend-says/2014/08/21/177524ea-293c-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html?hpid=z1

Darren Wilson, the Ferguson, Mo., police officer whose fatal shooting of Michael Brown touched off more than a week of demonstrations, suffered severe facial injuries and was nearly beaten unconscious by Brown moments before firing his gun, a source close to the department's top brass told FoxNews.com.

“The Assistant (Police) Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side,” said the insider. “He was beaten very severely.”
Fox News

This week, we saw the X-ray of Officer Wilson's fractured eye socket.
Ann Coulter

BREAKING REPORT: Officer Darren Wilson Suffered “Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket” During Mike Brown Attack
allenwestrepublic

Oops :lmao:

CNN’s Don Lemon has reported that Wilson did not, in fact, have a broken eye socket,
http://www.salon.com/2014/08/21/cnn_refutes_claim_that_officer_darren_wilson_had_a_fractured_eye_socket/

So... anyone want to speculate as to why the cop never called EMS, waited to call in the shooting, and never filed a report?
I'll speculate. He lost his ####, no excuse. If you're involved in something like this, you better make damn sure you cross the Ts and dot the Is. If other officers were on the scene shortly after, wouldn't/couldn't they assist with the report?

I don't know what really happened with the actual shooting, but the department itself better get a ####### enema no matter what the outcome.

But I digress because I don't know if it's true that no report was filed, etc. I do want to see a pic of Wilson's swollen face though.

Critics and news media outlets have questioned why Ferguson police released an incident report from a robbery in which Brown was a suspect, as well as security video showing the stick-up, but not the report on the shooting of the unarmed 18-year-old a short time later by Officer Darren Wilson.

The reason, according to the office of St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch, is that it doesn’t exist.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/michael-brown-shooting-why-ferguson-police-never-filed-incident-report-n186431

The St. Louis County police department presumably did file an incident report, but any such documents will not be made public until a grand jury investigating the officer-involved shooting concludes its investigation, according to officials from the office who briefed NBC News on the case.
:lmao:

No incident report from Ferguson PD, but "presumably" there is one from St. Louis PD, but nobody knows for sure because if it exists it won't be released (at least) until the grand jury concludes.

Users who are viewing this thread