What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lynell Hamilton torn ACL, out for season (1 Viewer)

identikit

Footballguy
Adam Schefter, via Twitter:

Just as Denver adds a RB, New Orleans loses one. RB Lynell Hamilton suffered what the team suspects is a season-ending torn ACL injury.

Confirmed by Jason La Canfora:

Saints just got MRI results on RB Lynell Hamilton, which confirmed a season-ending ACL injury. They have been looking at RBs lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodbye Lynell. WTF. I picked him up in the 5th round and told him to go take out Pierre's knee. Then he goes out and takes out his own knee.

CUT! He joins Easley who also got his FavreCo walking papers.

I'm not going to the Saints board today. The forum will be filled with "Bring Deuce back!" threads.

I'm not going to the Saints board today. The forum will be filled with "Bring Deuce back!" threads.
I imagine a lot of fans will be clamoring for Duece. Realistically, they are probably fine with P.J. Hill, and just giving both Thomas and Bush a little more work.

I imagine a lot of fans will be clamoring for Duece. Realistically, they are probably fine with P.J. Hill, and just giving both Thomas and Bush a little more work.
I think this is the likely outcome. Unless whatever they find is an upgrade to them, they'll just use them a little more. They shouldn't get worn down since they are already splitting time.

Goodbye Lynell. WTF. I picked him up in the 5th round and told him to go take out Pierre's knee. Then he goes out and takes out his own knee. CUT! He joins Easley who also got his FavreCo walking papers.
Wow, great post.

I think this is the likely outcome. Unless whatever they find is an upgrade to them, they'll just use them a little more. They shouldn't get worn down since they are already splitting time.
I doubt they'll be slated for more work, Brees will though if they don't sign a meaningful RB.

Deep Sleeper Alert:

Chris Ivory, UDFA out of Tiffin, has been getting a lot of positive press since TC began.

5'11", 225 lbs., 4.47 40yd, 35" vert

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...w;pageContainer
Article on Ivory: link
“(Ivory) carries his pads well,’’ Payton said. “He runs hard and has pretty good burst. I can’t recall a negative yardage run that he’s had in this camp. It looks like he’s going to gain 2 and all of a sudden, you pull up the pile, and he’s gotten 4.’’

That sounds a little bit like the modus operandi of a young Deuce McAllister.

“(Ivory) has been all business,’’ Payton continued. “He’s worked hard to know what we’re doing because it’s all new for him. But he’s handled the situations we’ve asked him to be in on these run drills and these play-action drills with a lot of confidence.

“I think if you polled the locker room and asked who has kind of been a pleasant surprise, this guy here would be a guy that our players, both offensively and defensively, would say, ‘Hey, this player here has opened some eyes.’ He’s not afraid to do things on special teams. He’s quiet. Shoot, he’s maybe said five words in camp. We’ll see. But I like him.’’

How bout we focus on the 2 main RBs. WHat happens if Bush and Pierre can stay relatively healthy all season?

Scenarios...

Week 4, Pierre Thomas pulls up gimpy during the week and Reggie Bush is the primary back...thoughts?

Week 8, Bush is out and Pierre Thomas is the main RB, what would you expect form him?

Mike Bell was interesting last year but the feeling I get from the SP is that you can plug anyone into this system and they will get points. At a certain point I think you have to assume the RB3 is not where you want to be on Sunday Mornings as you fill out your starters.

How bout we focus on the 2 main RBs. WHat happens if Bush and Pierre can stay relatively healthy all season?

Scenarios...

Week 4, Pierre Thomas pulls up gimpy during the week and Reggie Bush is the primary back...thoughts?

Worried

Week 8, Bush is out and Pierre Thomas is the main RB, what would you expect form him?

Stud

Mike Bell was interesting last year but the feeling I get from the SP is that you can plug anyone into this system and they will get points. At a certain point I think you have to assume the RB3 is not where you want to be on Sunday Mornings as you fill out your starters.
if hamilton is out for the year and they don't bring in a big name, i think that's worth more than a little bump to PThomas

Deep Sleeper Alert:

Chris Ivory, UDFA out of Tiffin, has been getting a lot of positive press since TC began.

"(Ivory) carries his pads well,'' Payton said. "He runs hard and has pretty good burst. I can't recall a negative yardage run that he's had in this camp. It looks like he's going to gain 2 and all of a sudden, you pull up the pile, and he's gotten 4.''

"(Ivory) has been all business,'' Payton continued. "He's worked hard to know what we're doing because it's all new for him. But he's handled the situations we've asked him to be in on these run drills and these play-action drills with a lot of confidence.

"I think if you polled the locker room and asked who has kind of been a pleasant surprise, this guy here would be a guy that our players, both offensively and defensively, would say, 'Hey, this player here has opened some eyes.' He's not afraid to do things on special teams. He's quiet. Shoot, he's maybe said five words in camp. We'll see. But I like him.''
With both PT and Hamilton are Saints scouted UFAs he may have legs. However, with the rotation of PT and Bush this would have to be a deep rostered dynasty.

they just had Betts in for a visit...
Makes more sense than Westy IMO.PT and Bush are too similar to Westy's skills.
The difference is Betts isn't any good whereas Westbrook could be.
:lmao:
Wouldn't Westbrook already be on a team if he had something left in the tank? :goodposting:
No one is saying he's ready to star, we're talking about a viable member of a 3-back rotation. Westbrook has had offers from a number of teams this offseason, he's chosen to wait it out [now whether he's being rational about his options is something I can't answer].

Hate to see injuries before the season even starts. He isn't exactly pulling in big money and is a free agent next year. Tough break.

I guess I can remove him from my "reach for in round X" list.

One thing Westbrook has said all along is that he wants to play for a contender. Rams obviously aren't, and he didn't sign there. Washington has had an offer on the table for him, and so far he's held off. New Orleans may be just the spot. They are certainly a contender, and adding another RB who can both run AND catch would seem to be appealing to Payton given that neither Thomas or Bush have been able to play a full 16 games in the last 3 years.

One thing Westbrook has said all along is that he wants to play for a contender. Rams obviously aren't, and he didn't sign there. Washington has had an offer on the table for him, and so far he's held off. New Orleans may be just the spot. They are certainly a contender, and adding another RB who can both run AND catch would seem to be appealing to Payton given that neither Thomas or Bush have been able to play a full 16 games in the last 3 years.
I have no idea how many legit offers Westbrook has but as long as he has more then one I think he would be smart to miss as much camp as he can because I'm not sure his body can take the pounding.

Deep Sleeper Alert:

“(Ivory) carries his pads well,’’ Payton said. “He runs hard and has pretty good burst. I can’t recall a negative yardage run that he’s had in this camp. It looks like he’s going to gain 2 and all of a sudden, you pull up the pile, and he’s gotten 4.’’

“(Ivory) has been all business,’’ Payton continued. “He’s worked hard to know what we’re doing because it’s all new for him. But he’s handled the situations we’ve asked him to be in on these run drills and these play-action drills with a lot of confidence.

“I think if you polled the locker room and asked who has kind of been a pleasant surprise, this guy here would be a guy that our players, both offensively and defensively, would say, ‘Hey, this player here has opened some eyes.’ He’s not afraid to do things on special teams. He’s quiet. Shoot, he’s maybe said five words in camp. We’ll see. But I like him.’’
:( thanks

of course I just picked him up yesterday as my handcuff for Pierre Thomas in my redraft :blackdot: to think of the players I passed up to get him ugggh.

I don't think Betts offers them anything that they don't already have with Pierre, except for another back with fresh legs. I think they'd be better off seeing what they have with Ivory, who can run with power and speed.

IF he can stay healthy, this has to be a big boost for Thomas, IMO. All the talk of Hamilton taking away GL carries put a limit on Thomas' upside. Now, if all/most of those GL carries go to Thomas, in addition to a portion of the 50 - 70 other carries Hamilton would have taken, he has much more upside. We're talking about 400 or so carries for NO RB's, that should now be split between Thomas and Bush, who I believe NO does not want to over work, and the few carries going to FB's and what not. Also, NO has averaged 16.7 rushing TD's over the last 3 years, with 19 in '08 & '09. If they can reach about 17 - 18 rushing TD's this year, you give Bush his 5 - 6 and other RB's 2, we're looking at Thomas as an easy 9 - 11 rushing TD guy plus about 2 receiving. 11 - 13 TD's would easily be in his reach if he can stay on the field the entire season.

of course I just picked him up yesterday as my handcuff for Pierre Thomas in my redraft :wall: to think of the players I passed up to get him ugggh.
Be thankful it is a handcuff player. By the time regular season starts there will be players drafted in the first 3 rounds that will come up with serious injuries, causing a major :wall:

of course I just picked him up yesterday as my handcuff for Pierre Thomas in my redraft :wall: to think of the players I passed up to get him ugggh.
Be thankful it is a handcuff player. By the time regular season starts there will be players drafted in the first 3 rounds that will come up with serious injuries, causing a major :wall:
Think of it this way. Now that your handcuff is down the person that you will actually start and be relevant to your team (PT) will have more opportunities.

Ivory was already quickly becoming one of the camp darlings. I would probably give him the edge over Hill this point. He has good speed and vision. He actually reminds me a little bit of Pierre Thomas' first preseason.

confirmed by Jason La Canfora of NFLN:

Saints just got MRI results on RB Lynell Hamilton, which confirmed a season-ending ACL injury. They have been looking at RBs lately.

Some other names besides Westbrook and Betts the Saints might consider bringing in (I didn't read this anywhere, this is just me speculating) --

Chris Brown

Jamal Lewis

Kolby Smith

Marcus Thomas

Thomas Brown

Xavier Omon

DeShawn Wynn

Hey, is Kevin Jones still looking for work or has he given up football? He turns 28 in 10 days. Still plenty young enough.

And of course, this injury may just be the thing to motivate...

TATUM BELL!!

Users who are viewing this thread