What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marcel Reece this week? Flex worthy in PPR? (1 Viewer)

Mighty Mice

Footballguy
ALAMEDA –- Raiders running back Latavius Murray has been formally ruled out of Sunday’s game against the St. Louis Rams.

Interim head coach Tony Sparano said that Murray did not pass the final portion of the NFL’s concussion-related protocol, a series of tests that must be taken before being cleared to practice and play.

Murray passed enough tests to practice in a limited role on Wednesday and Thursday.

He was held out of practice on Friday, which seems to be a setback on his road to recovery.

“There’s a specific protocol you go through,” Sparano said. “… He’s not playing in the game. I’m being as honest as I can with you. There’s a specific protocol and, along the lines of the protocol, there is an amount that they can do. He has taken that amount, but the final step of the process, that didn’t work. At that point, you’ve got to, ‘A,’ abide by the rule, ‘B,’ you’ve got to make the decision as the coach, too.” The Raiders planned on exercising caution with Murray, and didn’t want to rush him back despite a dazzling performance last week against the Kansas City Chiefs. He had 112 yards and two touchdowns on just four carries in that game before suffering a concussion, which left Raiders fans wanting more.

They hoped to see Murray for an extended stretch on Sunday, but that itch won’t get scratched right away.

The Raiders are expected to use a mix of Darren McFadden, Marcel Reece and Maurice Jones-Drew at tailback against the Rams. McFadden should start, but Sparano said that carries will be distributed based upon game flow and situational football.

Reece, who declined an interview request after Friday’s workout, was particularly effective against the Chiefs and should see increased snaps as a primary tailback with Murray out.

“We’ll see,” Sparano said. “He ran the ball well. He should get carries.”

http://www.csnbayare...led-out-vs-rams

-----------------------------

Reece played the final (game winning) drive for OAK v KC last week, rushing 8-37 and receiving 1-8. 45 yards from scrimmage on 9 touches, on a game winning drive, deservedly earning Sparano's praise.

Good pass catcher, 52 receptions in 2012. 30+ in 2013.

One week guy for those in a bind? Is there a future here for the rest on 2014?

:shrug:

(RotoWire)Reece, Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew are all expected to see work Sunday against St. Louis with Latavius Murray (concussion) ruled out, the San Jose Mercury News reports.

Analysis: Murray failed to pass the final stage of the league-mandated concussion protocol, potentially opening the door for Reece to see a significant workload against the Rams. Reece has fared well in the primary role when given the opportunity and helped lead the Raiders to their first win of the season in Week 12, totaling 45 yards on nine touches on the team's game-winning drive against Kansas City. Meanwhile, McFadden and Jones-Drew have 3.4 and 1.9 YPC this season, respectively, so while interim coach Tony Sparano said the carries will be doled out based on "flow" of the game and the situation, it seems likely Reece will see the lion's share of the touches.

http://football4.myfantasyleague.com/2014/view_news_article?L=48979&ID=297410RotoWire

Reece has been the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

All he does is produce when given a chance but immediately takes a back seat when a non producing RB is healthy again. He will never be a superstar but for fantasy he is one of those 3 down RB's that can produce as a reception monster and also as a goal line back.

He's definitely a reach but I'm on board. In a bind in 16-teamer hoped to use Murray or McKinnon and would rather gamble on Reece than RBs like Sankey, Sims, etc. Reece has been a good fantasy RB when given the opportunity.

Flex-worthy PPR this week? I don't think so. Then again Murray paid off handsomely for desperate owners last week. Still, he's worthy of rostering at this point because DMC's high water mark for games in any season is 13. He's due for his regular stint to the IR.

I pointed out in the Latavius Murray thread that the Rams have shut down Lynch, Gore, and C.J. Anderson in their last 3 home games. Now you're gonna roll with - at best - the second option in a 3-way committee on a team with the worst rushing offense in the league, who will likely be playing from behind all day? Against the same team which just held Peyton Manning and the Broncos to 7 points?

Good luck, I guess.

Good points RN. I'll give Stiff Sankey a shot.
I do NOT want to talk you out of it if your heart was set on starting him. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. It's right there in my description.

<-----------

I hope he goes for 150 total yards and 2 TDs. I just can't see it. Do what you feel.... I'd hate to cost someone a playoff spot.

I pointed out in the Latavius Murray thread that the Rams have shut down Lynch, Gore, and C.J. Anderson in their last 3 home games. Now you're gonna roll with - at best - the second option in a 3-way committee on a team with the worst rushing offense in the league, who will likely be playing from behind all day? Against the same team which just held Peyton Manning and the Broncos to 7 points?

Good luck, I guess.
Cj Anderson did get 8 catches and this is a ppr thread. Also the raiders completely went away from dmc last game.

I guess I can see the hope for upside if you are absolutely dying for someone to plug into your lineup. But here's the problem. If you told me Reece is going to get 25 touches tomorrow, I'd say.... okay. If you told me Reece is going to get zero touches tomorrow, I'd say.... okay. Nobody knows what Sparano is thinking. If he doesn't give Reece the work, you are screwed. If he does give Reece the work, you still need him to do well, which is not a given.

Again, just laying it out there. It would be a very ballsy play at a very important time of the year. I hope he comes through.

Good luck, I guess.
I guess this is question... Reports of his 'getting the lions share' and 'earning more carries' lead me to believe:

1. He's may be the #1 option this week, albeit for the worst rushing offense, against a solid run D (especially at home)

2. Only considering him as an RB3/Flex (RB 25+ for the week) in a PPR...as he is an excellent receiving back.

The Raiders went to Reece with the game on the line, and he delivered. They may be moving to a Murray/Reece combo for the last 4 games. I'll tell you this much, they didn't look like a last place rushing team with that tandem in week 12. DMac and MJD's YPC are atrocious, but the backups got free against a good KC squad.

Leaning against it myself, but discussion here is warranted IMO.

Is Reece just a stop gap until Murray comes back or does he have any chance at keeping a significant role?

Mad a Murray owner it really considering dropping boom Herron for marcel Reece. Last week's game clearly showed the raiders are over McFadden and mjd, and Reece has performed well when he's gotten the job. I can see a bunch of dump offs to him too cause he can catch

6-48 receiving, 12 points in PPR.

Not the worst dice roll out there this week. Worked out better than Sankey, who was my other option. :hifive:

So... Raiders fans or others who have seen their games wanna comment here?

Week 12: 37 rushing yards; 1 reception for 8 yards

Week 13: 12 rushing yards; 6 receptions for 48 yards

Week 14: 2 rushing yards; 7 receptions for 64 yards with a TD

Obviously most have better options, but some are desperate and still alive. Thoughts for Reece in PPR this week against the Chiefs? Have the Raiders found something with Reece in the passing game that works with Carr?

Well, it comes down to this....

Stupid Ryan Mathews is injured AGAIN (like I didn't see that coming)

Now, I'm staring at Oliver, Reece, or Riddick as my RB2 in a ppr semi final matchup.

Call me crazy, but Reece who I just picked up last week seems to be the best call. The Raiders are using him out of the backfield more and he's in on 3rd downs a lot. We was in on 32 snaps last week (compared to combined 12 for dmac and mjd) and has a combined 13 receptions for 112 yards and a touchdown in the last two weeks. (10 pts and 19.7 pts in ppr)

He's up against the Chiefs, not a scary matchup...

:scared:

Users who are viewing this thread