What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

Reports on CNN are at least 50 dead. 

Worst mass shooting in US history.

Wake up to check my fantasy scores and this is what I see.  Literally crying in the dark in bed.  

What has our nation come to? :cry:  

No hyperbole, no politics. Just anger overcome by sadness right now.

Interesting thing on Fox was they were talking to an LA fireman who was at the concert. First responders pressed him into service and he was given a reflective vest and helped out. He said that he personally declared at least 20 dead.

So sad. Thoughts are with those effected. Will be interested to hear what the shooters wife has to say about motive. 

I was at a show last night in San Diego in an amphitheater. I didn't want to be there. 

This could have been me. 

This sucks so badly right now. Thoughts and prayers to anybody affected. 

Love, 

RA 

Last edited by a moderator:
The really tragic thing is that it feels like once the shock wore off most people are just numb to it.  Nobody wants to see it happen but I think most people realizes that nothing will come from it except sadness

Doesn't look like there was anything that could have been done to stop it

Someone with a will to do this in the US has plenty of soft targets.  That said, I think future events will have to consider line of sight / possible line of fire into their planning.  At least for now, that's as good as it's going to get.  
Then you basically have to shut down all outdoor activities near the hotel which will never happen to the money generated from these things.  The guy was on the 32nd floor of the hotel.  He really could have shot anything 

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like this maniac had automatic rifles. My understanding is that these are almost impossible to purchase legally- is that correct? I honestly don't know. 

NBC reported that the range between the shooter and the crowd was around 1700 feet, and that the firing range for his guns is 2000 feet. 

Please any weapon can be purchased given the effort.  Guarantee you there is a gun show this weekend selling that weapon somewhere.  

It sounds like this maniac had automatic rifles. My understanding is that these are almost impossible to purchase legally- is that correct? I honestly don't know. 
It's difficult, but not impossible. The guy was over 60 years old. If probably had a clean record and may have owned some type of firearms business. He wouldn't have been flagged as a threat and therefore was allowed to purchase. 

Its not tremendously difficult to obtain a federal license necessary to own them.  In addition many semi automatic rifles are capable of conversion to full auto by those with a minimum of machining skill, which is to say little more than a file.

My understanding is you can purchase semi automatic weapons.  There are kits and YouTube videos to turn them full auto

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  46m46 minutes ago
My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!

Its not tremendously difficult to obtain a federal license necessary to own them.  In addition many semi automatic rifles are capable of conversion to full auto by those with a minimum of machining skill, which is to say little more than a file.
Rumor is this guy was a sex offender so if that’s the case he would have had an outside source buying the weapons. Possible the female involved.

Beyond the immediacy of loss and injury are the wide circles of families and friends directly affected by this.  Hundreds and thousands of people connected to each victim whose lives are forever changed.  On top of that is the added sense of insecurity and risk for all of us.  So senseless and tragic.

Beyond the immediacy of loss and injury are the wide circles of families and friends directly affected by this.  Hundreds and thousands of people connected to each victim whose lives are forever changed.  On top of that is the added sense of insecurity and risk for all of us.  So senseless and tragic.
I agree. So terrible.  

Is there a cliff notes of what happened here?  A dude with an automatic(?) gun open fired on a country concert from 30 floors up?

Users who are viewing this thread