What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas (3 Viewers)

Christo said:
No ####. A guy with no PR experience is thrust into the spotlight in the worst mass shooting in modern US history and the cops and press will jump all over him if he shows the slightest weakness.

He's smart to keep his mouth shut.
I agree.  

Figured he was looking for a paycheck until I read this:

DeGeneres hinted that Campos would not be giving any more interviews after appearing on her show, but that the appearance was unpaid.

“You're talking about it now and you're not going to talk about it again,” DeGeneres said, adding, “We of course wanted to give you money, and you both were very, very specific. You said you don't want money, you don't want money at all, so you're not getting any money.”

Good on both of them, still seems odd but different strokes I guess.

Maybe I'm weird but if I were this guy you would never hear a word from me
I might feel the same. Hard to say because I'm not in that position, but maybe he just wanted to get things off his chest and new CNN/FOX, etc would grill him mercilessly. Figured Ellen would be the avenue to let him have his say and be done with it.

I could see someone back dooring him mid interview with a "We just happen to have the LV Chief of Police in the studio, you don't mind if he sits down with us do you?"

That's why I said "yeah, right" I don't believe it.
Out here in Los Angeles--I saw on the local news that the Ellen Show donated $25k to the charity that is raising funds for the victims families in Campos' name for his appearance.  I know that's not a ton of money and there might be more going on--but just thought it might be interesting info for those thinking that he just randomly went on Ellen with no money being involved at all.  

“You're talking about it now and you're not going to talk about it again,” DeGeneres said, adding, “We of course wanted to give you money, and you both were very, very specific. You said you don't want money, you don't want money at all, so you're not getting any money.”
Yeah, right.

Should've known to follow the money. That's why he disappeared.
I think he is here illegally and is worried about getting found out.

Maybe I'm weird but if I were this guy you would never hear a word from me
media and regular ol US Americans are just champing at the bit for this guy to utter a word so that people can destroy him

if he even got photographed popping in to a 7-11, reddit/4chan, etc. is going to have 3000 pages of analysis and conspiracy theories in a day. someone is going to dox him and he'll get locked up for a charge from '96.

need2know said:
After watching that NY times piece it seems the response time was reasonable for that craziness.  15 minutes was all it was.
I agree.  I think it’s easy to finger point but they were on the scene right away. 

Shows you just how oblivious most people rally are when danger is present.  
maybe but there was one shot where they were doing CPR on a someone and the dude with blond hair just chugs his beer.  Crazy and surreal.  I guess people were so hammered they didnt know to run

maybe but there was one shot where they were doing CPR on a someone and the dude with blond hair just chugs his beer.  Crazy and surreal.  I guess people were so hammered they didnt know to run
That's pretty hammered.  I don't know.  I tend to think people think nothing bad will ever happen to them.  They just can't fathom it.  

Yeah after watching the video I was like "only 58" died.

I feel disgusted just typing that but I feel like this should have been much worse.
As I have said a bunch of times in this thread I have no clue how the death count is so low.  The NY Times said he fired 900 rounds.  Roughly hitting 600 people.   But only about 3% of the total crowd.  Just a weird thing all the way around.

Most people don't know what real gun shots sound like
Most people do know what CPR looks like though.  These people milling about like they are watching it happen to somebody else are kind of baffling.  I'm not even talking about right away, but five minute into the shooting people were still just kind of wandering around.  Crazy.  God forbid one of us ever truly finds out what they would do in the same situation.  

I read that over 800 people have been killed by guns since Las Vegas.

Glad folks fee their right to own any arm with no reasonable oversight and regulation are so much more important than actually damn lives. Or damned lives,  damned by the callousness of those selfish enough to simply de-prioritize the very lives and freedom (to live without fear of being freakin killed!) of those continually lost to this epidemic. 

I read that over 800 people have been killed by guns since Las Vegas.

Glad folks fee their right to own any arm with no reasonable oversight and regulation are so much more important than actually damn lives. Or damned lives,  damned by the callousness of those selfish enough to simply de-prioritize the very lives and freedom (to live without fear of being freakin killed!) of those continually lost to this epidemic. 
Are you really this naïve?

Users who are viewing this thread