What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Did I find the Madden '08 cover pic? (3 Viewers)

4th black QB in 6 years :unsure:
Madden is a reverse racist! I'll never buy an EA product again.

:thumbdown:
This actually raises a very interesting (and incredibly difficult) trivia question - can you name the only 2 WHITE players ever to appear on a Madden cover? Before you answer, I'll give you half the answer - yes, John Madden himself is one. Who is the other?
LenDale? No... um...By the way, you said white PLAYERS. Madden is not an NFL player, so I'm glad you tossed that one out of the mix.
He was drafted and went to training camp, so for at least for a small period of time, you could argue that he was a player.

Madden is a reverse racist! I'll never buy an EA product again. :thumbdown:
This actually raises a very interesting (and incredibly difficult) trivia question - can you name the only 2 WHITE players ever to appear on a Madden cover? Before you answer, I'll give you half the answer - yes, John Madden himself is one. Who is the other?
LenDale? No... um...By the way, you said white PLAYERS. Madden is not an NFL player, so I'm glad you tossed that one out of the mix.
Well, I suppose Madden himself as a player would be up for debate. He was drafted by the Eagles back in '58, but he never actually played in a regular season game, so...

:thumbdown:
I see one here, in the background on the left: http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/lar...20593017-00.jpgAnd here, in the middle:

http://www.djangomusic.com/images/games/co...g06997qsp5b.jpg

Didn't take the time to figure out names.
Your first link doesn't appear to be working, but the second link is the one I was looking for. The guy making the flying tackle in the picture is Carolina Panthers safety Cary Brabham, back in '95.What's the first picture of?

4th black QB in 6 years :clap:

:shrug:
I see one here, in the background on the left: http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/lar...20593017-00.jpgAnd here, in the middle:

http://www.djangomusic.com/images/games/co...g06997qsp5b.jpg

Didn't take the time to figure out names.
Your first link doesn't appear to be working, but the second link is the one I was looking for. The guy making the flying tackle in the picture is Carolina Panthers safety Cary Brabham, back in '95.What's the first picture of?
The Madden 97 cover.

UCSBgerry said:
Little Big Head said:
i cant believe people really believe in this thing. V.Young will be a stud
Poor dynasty owner. So oblivous to the fact that Young is perhaps the most hyped and overrated quarterback ever. VY won't even finish in top 15 for QB's. Let me guess, you took him as the 3rd or 4th QB off the board. The guy plays in Tennessee throwing to David Givens, Brandon Jones, Courtney Roby, Roydell Williams, Jonathan Orr, Justin Gage, Clinton Solomon. If that's not a recipe for a disaster, I don't know what is. Even a WR in the first day of the draft won't help VY put up good throwing numbers.
Wow does this remind me of several, no, hundreds of comments about another Madden Coverboy....

UCSBgerry said:
Little Big Head said:
Poor dynasty owner. So oblivous to the fact that Young is perhaps the most hyped and overrated quarterback ever. VY won't even finish in top 15 for QB's. Let me guess, you took him as the 3rd or 4th QB off the board. The guy plays in Tennessee throwing to David Givens, Brandon Jones, Courtney Roby, Roydell Williams, Jonathan Orr, Justin Gage, Clinton Solomon. If that's not a recipe for a disaster, I don't know what is. Even a WR in the first day of the draft won't help VY put up good throwing numbers.
Dude, he was in the top 15 for QB's last season as a rookie who only started 13 games. How can you not have him in the top 15 next season with him being the unquestioned starter with a year of experience under his belt? Makes no sense.

I'll roll with Vince over Ben and Campbell any day :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread