What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Bloomberg is going to spend a billion dollars this fall to defeat Donald Trump- no matter who the Democratic candidate is. (2 Viewers)

It says "America is sick of Trump" and makes no mention of giving everyone free healthcare. :shrug:  

the America in his eyes - many American's are NOT sick of him, a good start at political lying

more people getting healthcare = more free ...... and middle class suffers. We watched 8 years of Obama and how he and the Democrats tackled it and I think we can see through the smoke. We know what game is being played, again. But yeah, it didn't say "free healthcare" you're right

its funny as a person gets older and pays more attention to politics, the SAME things are promised every election aren't they? change this, fix that, promises ..... what a crock, from both sides

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it really matters how much that Mayor spends, the Democrats don't really have a viable candidate to beat Trump, or at least not right now they don't.

the America in his eyes - many American's are NOT sick of him, a good start at political lying

more people getting healthcare = more free ...... and middle class suffers. We watched 8 years of Obama and how he and the Democrats tackled it and I think we can see through the smoke. We know what game is being played, again. But yeah, it didn't say "free healthcare" you're right

its funny as a person gets older and pays more attention to politics, the SAME things are promised every election aren't they? change this, fix that, promises ..... what a crock, from both sides
And many are....over half  :shrug:

You can argue with Bloomberg over quantity all you want....I was simply pointing out what you alleged he said was inaccurate.  Though, I will say 53% disapproval is something you'd have to argue away when arguing with Bloomberg over his comment.

I'm skeptical that spending really matters that much in presidential elections, assuming you're over a basic threshold that allows the campaign to operate.  Both major-party candidates get saturation media coverage for free, and that's more true today than at any other time in history thanks to social media.  Trump didn't spend a lot and ran an incompetent campaign and still won.  (Granted, he had a very weak opponent, but whoever wins the Democratic nomination is also going to get to run against a very weak opponent).
It matters most when the people are not well-known.  A 30-second negative attack ad may be the only info you have on a candidate.  There has already been billions of dollars of media trying to destroy Trump.  

@yak651 why not actually discuss why you disagree.  
I find it funny that the media reporting what is happening is them spending billions of dollars trying to destroy Trump.  Trump does a good enough job himself destroying anything good that he has/had been part of the last 3 years, the media isn't what's destroying him.  IMO.

I find it funny that the media reporting what is happening is them spending billions of dollars trying to destroy Trump.  Trump does a good enough job himself destroying anything good that he has/had been part of the last 3 years, the media isn't what's destroying him.  IMO.
Are they not using billions of dollars of airtime on attacking Trump?  I made no claims about if Trump brought it in himself.  But all the negatives are well known by everyone.  Spending a billion is not going to change that.  

you're guessing

with only like 55% of people voting, 35% of the 45% could be Trump supporters

you and I don't know 
Well, what do we actually KNOW at all?  I fully acknowledge I am using statistics and polling to make that assertion.  It's a really educated guess.  Oh and in the interest of complete and full disclosure I AM associating "sick of" and "disapprove" for the purposes of this "discussion".

After he started running?  That seems odd.
It is unusual but his entire campaign has been unusual.  I think he has mixed motives: 1) he wants the Democratic nominee to win even if it's not him (this is the motive Bloomberg wants to emphasize to the world); 2) he wants to win over skeptical Dems in the Democratic primary that are worried about the fact that he is a former Republican and has supported Republican candidates as recently as last election cycle (I actually think this is his primary motive).

People want funny commercials entertaining halftime shows and good football on Superbowl Sunday. 
The NFL had their own gun control ad (I think it was gun control) as well that was super depressing.  I know it’s also super poignant to their desired image and rehab of such, but man, run that stuff during the season and push that platform as often as you want then.  

That one guy said:
The NFL had their own gun control ad (I think it was gun control) as well that was super depressing.  I know it’s also super poignant to their desired image and rehab of such, but man, run that stuff during the season and push that platform as often as you want then.  
Why not run it during the super bowl, when it will be viewed by the most people?  :shrug:

Mystery Achiever said:
That one guy said:
The NFL had their own gun control ad (I think it was gun control) as well that was super depressing.
The Anquan Boldin ad that's part of their Inspire Change initiative to highlight player involvement in social justice reform.
Didn't realize he was Boldin's cousin, but its this incident:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/726268-another-killing-at-the-hands-of-the-police/?do=findComment&comment=18502500

Users who are viewing this thread