What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**MNF - Eagles at Seahawks** (+4, 45) 8:15 (2 Viewers)

Well, selfishly, I'm hoping Hurts sits, as I need AJ Brown to stay under 16.93 points in non-PPR. and that feels more likely with Mariota starting. I don't recall Brown doing much with Mariota in Tennessee, but I think they only had like 6 games together in Brown's rookie season.

Sounds like there is a shot it could be Mariota vs Lock, which is not what they were hoping for when they flexed the game but could still be entertaining.

This is going to be an ugly one. Just hope the Eagles can eek this out.

Eagles 18
Seahawks 13

For fantasy, I need Hurts and Godert to go absolutely bonkers. Need a combined 80+ from them. Needless to say I lost my playoff matchup.

The Eagles haven’t won in Seattle since 2008, but most of those losses were against Russell Wilson. Drew Lock is way less daunting than peak Wilson.

Between that and hopefully an improved defensive performance with the reshuffling of defensive coaching duties, I’m hoping the Eagles can squeak this out.

What is the QB story for this one before I lay money down..

I know Geno is a GTD, any early updates?
What about Hurts? I saw on a few betting forums he is sick or something.

What is the QB story for this one before I lay money down..

I know Geno is a GTD, any early updates?
What about Hurts? I saw on a few betting forums he is sick or something.
Questionable with a sickness. Traveled separately than the team. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t play, but obviously a question at this point.

The Eagles finally get a non - elite QB. This is what the doctor ordered for their back 7. If they get torched by Lock/unhealthy Geno it’s time to officially be worried.

Birds of a feather fly together.
Or nor.
Eagle versus Seahawk.
Tough matchup,both raptors are tough s.o.b.'s
The Eagle has to fly cross country for this battle so he may be a bit tired when he arrives,but an extra day to rest will help.
The Seahawk hasn't been as tough as he was earlier in the year but then The Eagle has had his issues recently also.
We may even see backup raptors lead the way in this one.
Lots of variables,lots of questions,lots of unknowns.
Just hope we see an exciting close game to finish of week 15...

The Eagle- 27
The Seahawk- 23

I hate the Seahawks and Pete Carroll with a passion.

This season, I hate the Eagles more.

Cmon, Pete. Dig deep and pull out one of those inexplicable wins at home against a superior team. I know you've got it in you, I've seen it several times over the years.

The world can **** off if Hurts doesn’t play. I’m 28 pts up going against Geno/Lock & Metcalf and will be taking a zero at the SF position if he doesn’t start.

The world can **** off if Hurts doesn’t play. I’m 28 pts up going against Geno/Lock & Metcalf and will be taking a zero at the SF position if he doesn’t start.
Can't grab Mariota? Not that it's the same but it would be more than zero.

ugly weather and cold conditions, maybe the Eagles will finally run the ball.
who am I kidding, there doesn't seem to be much wind so pass first and pass often. need AJ + Jake >= 10 pts. let's go!
biggest storyline for the Eagles fans will be whether there are any noticeable changes on the defensive side of the ball in terms of scheming and second half adjustments. 🤞

Can't grab Mariota? Not that it's the same but it would be more than zero.

It’s dynasty. I’ve contacted the Mariota owner to see if I can do some form of trade but not holding out much hope that he will reply in time or that we can get a deal done

Going out on a limb and expecting a very stressful game. New DC. Sick QB. Crappy weather. Question marks for both teams' QB's health. Gonna be ugly and weird at times

23-18 win for the Eagles, but it won't be easy.

Going out on a limb and expecting a very stressful game. New DC. Sick QB. Crappy weather. Question marks for both teams' QB's health. Gonna be ugly and weird at times

Damn, for a second there I thought you were going to pick the Seahawks

It'll be 45 degrees with light rain and very little wind in Seattle. That's ideal for football in the winter!
Haha it seems like forever since we didn't play a game with precipitation and being completely dry conditions, but you are right, it could be much worse than this.

This feels like one of those games where the QB has a mystery illness and is traveling alone, we JUST fired the DC and replaced him with a pencil-in-ear consultant, lots of injuries including our only CB worth a damn having a mystery knee surgery and our team has generally been playing like stir-fried-****; So much BS that you HAVE to expect a bad game-before the season started I had this as a loss. Its so obviously set up to be a giant ****-sandwich that I'm simply taking the piss and going the other way.

I think the defense balls out. NOT playing the Fangio-Light version of "defense" that they've been subjected to for the last 13 weeks will be a shot in the arm, period.
I think Jalen has his Jordan-Flu game. Rumors of Jalen's MVP demise will be silenced today. Passes 3 and runs another 2 TD's tonight.
I think they get back to running the ball and Swift finally has another big game.

The Birds exorcise their demons and win in Seattle for the first time since Reid was eating cheesesteaks, dressed in green, coaching Donovan.

EAGLES win a head-scratcher, 42-24

This feels like one of those games where the QB has a mystery illness and is traveling alone, we JUST fired the DC and replaced him with a pencil-in-ear consultant, lots of injuries including our only CB worth a damn having a mystery knee surgery and our team has generally been playing like stir-fried-****; So much BS that you HAVE to expect a bad game-before the season started I had this as a loss. Its so obviously set up to be a giant ****-sandwich that I'm simply taking the piss and going the other way.

I think the defense balls out. NOT playing the Fangio-Light version of "defense" that they've been subjected to for the last 13 weeks will be a shot in the arm, period.
I think Jalen has his Jordan-Flu game. Rumors of Jalen's MVP demise will be silenced today. Passes 3 and runs another 2 TD's tonight.
I think they get back to running the ball and Swift finally has another big game.

The Birds exorcise their demons and win in Seattle for the first time since Reid was eating cheesesteaks, dressed in green, coaching Donovan.

EAGLES win a head-scratcher, 42-24
Definitely no one at all is saying what is bolded. :laugh:

It'll be 45 degrees with light rain and very little wind in Seattle. That's ideal for football in the winter!
Haha it seems like forever since we didn't play a game with precipitation and being completely dry conditions, but you are right, it could be much worse than this.
Latest forecast shows rain all game long. Yay.

Latest forecast shows rain all game long. Yay.

One thing I've learned about living in the PNW vs other parts of the country is that there are many different types of rainfall. There's the kind you saw in Carolina yesterday and then there's the kind you'll see tonight in Seattle. Very different. Tonight will be a light drizzle at worst and with very little wind, it won't factor much. These guys are pros who play in bad weather for a living. This is not bad weather. Not for Seattle in Dec.

Made no sense for him to fly out and be with the team if he truly wasn't going to play.
Remains to see how effective he can be. I know how I feel with flu like symptoms. Can't imagine trying to play a professional sports game at the hardest position in all of sports.

Made no sense for him to fly out and be with the team if he truly wasn't going to play.
Remains to see how effective he can be. I know how I feel with flu like symptoms. Can't imagine trying to play a professional sports game at the hardest position in all of sports.
Dude is going to be so medicated he won't feel a thing. His head might be clouded but I doubt he will be achey/congested/etc.

For what it's worth, the line jumped to Eagles -5 on news Jalen is playing. Probably combined with Geno not playing my guess. That's a big jump.

Eagles better take care of business tonight.

Dallas loses 31-10 on the road opening the door for Philly once again to seize the Division

Eagles 10-3
Dallas 10-4
And the Seahawks have a tendency to get exposed as a playoff pretender
What am I missing here?

Philly 31
Seattle 10

Same score Dallas lost by is the same score Philly wins by tonight
Seattle lost badly to Baltimore and San Fran, the Dallas game was a TNF contest,
I think they will get their doors blown off by an angry Philly team that finally got some sleep this week.

I know Hurts has the flu, still think Philly will be laser focused tonight with so much to play for and riding on this game.
Sea, NYG, AZ and the NYG again
Philly should roll thru the end of this schedule and still could be a 1-seed if SF were to lose any of their remaining games which includes Baltimore this week and Rams Week 18.

Definitely no one at all is saying what is bolded.
I've seen that. He signed on, an endorsement deal & was seen wearing Jordan gear & so like Jordan, whether he's suffering from some broadly depicted "illness" or not doesn't matter, it's destiny, something. With Jordan, reportedly it was food poisoning, which is addressable. For me, that Jalen himself says that illness, Monday night & him are a thing tells me it's actually not a thing. I think apart from a play here or there he'll perform just as he otherwise would. Obviously, we can't discount a narrative where they turn things around but limit his exposure. Although Jordan played more minutes than anyone else & scored 38 points. I'm not a bettor but if I were it just seems like the over is screaming gold.

Above it was suggested that Hurts will be heavily medicated & I suppose a great performance will be proof of that. Without knowing what his actual condition is & how it was treated. Never know, perhaps the talking heads get to the bottom of it prior to. You'll forgive me, I'm one those who watched Willis Reed do something similar ... with a broken leg.

If you had to pick between Kenny Walker or Swift tonight, who would you want to roll with in PPR?
Swift

ETA because: bad weather plus sick QB plus new DC to protect plus months of everyone banging the drum to run the ball equals a get right game for Swift. If he gets less than 15-17 carries I’ll eat my hat. I’d expect 115 total and a TD or two tonight.
That's probably more on the ceiling end for Swift, but he'd be my pick over Walker as well.

ETA: I'll say 24-20 Philly.

If you had to pick between Kenny Walker or Swift tonight, who would you want to roll with in PPR?
Swift

ETA because: bad weather plus sick QB plus new DC to protect plus months of everyone banging the drum to run the ball equals a get right game for Swift. If he gets less than 15-17 carries I’ll eat my hat. I’d expect 115 total and a TD or two tonight.
Probably because I didn't play him in my playoff matchup. So that's definitely going to happen.

Well, selfishly, I'm hoping Hurts sits, as I need AJ Brown to stay under 16.93 points in non-PPR. and that feels more likely with Mariota starting. I don't recall Brown doing much with Mariota in Tennessee, but I think they only had like 6 games together in Brown's rookie season.

Sounds like there is a shot it could be Mariota vs Lock, which is not what they were hoping for when they flexed the game but could still be entertaining.
I need Swift and AJB < 19.5 non ppr. Wish the game was yesterday in Charlotte 😆

For what it's worth, the line jumped to Eagles -5 on news Jalen is playing. Probably combined with Geno not playing my guess. That's a big jump.

Eagles better take care of business tonight.
Line back to -4 with the Geno news.

This is going to be an ugly one. Just hope the Eagles can eek this out.

Eagles 18
Seahawks 13

For fantasy, I need Hurts and Godert to go absolutely bonkers. Need a combined 80+ from them. Needless to say I lost my playoff matchup.
I need brown to go off limit the Eagles to Todd and Gainwell not get any key touches. I got aj in one league and Smith in 2 others I just don’t need metcalf going off

Philly should take care of business but these are exactly the types of games Carroll is perfect for. Seattle also needs this game in the worst way for the conference tie breakers especially since they've lost to the Rams twice.

Seattle 27 - Eagles 24.

Swift

That's probably more on the ceiling end for Swift, but he'd be my pick over Walker as well.

ETA: I'll say 24-20 Philly.
Junior is up against it tonight
He can either go KW3 or Swift and needs some points to avoid going down in flames
I like Swift a little more and my hope would be Philly can see it right there for the taking and the safest path is pound the rock
I cannot see Seattle running out the clock tonight, I have not been a believer all year, thought the Geno Smith signing/deal was wishful thinking.
The talent differential between these 2 teams right now would seem vast to me in favor of Philly.

Seattle has some real dreamy talent at the WR slots, the rookie looked terrific when he could get involved, this should be a 3 headed monster at WR but they don't have the QB to allow them to exploit these riches, just my opinion.

Taking a shot on Seattle Money Line +185.
On paper, this is a mismatch but Seattle at home in prime time games under Pete Carroll just feels like the right side to me.
Good Luck GM but I can't say that i see it the same way.
You do make good points about home field for Seattle
When did all these Philly losses to Seattle take place? I don't doubt that you know the win/loss record better than I do
I wouldn't let the Legion of Boom have much influence on this game tonight.
I've watched Seattle a lot this season and they just don't seem to click much when they need to.

Eagles have a lot to play for tonight but so did Miami last week at Hard Rock where they were undefeated before the 27-13 collapse late 4th.
Cheers!

On paper, this is a mismatch but Seattle at home in prime time games under Pete Carroll just feels like the right side to me.
When did all these Philly losses to Seattle take place? I don't doubt that you know the win/loss record better than I do
I've watched Seattle a lot this season and they just don't seem to click much when they need to.

Eagles have a lot to play for tonight but so did Miami last week at Hard Rock where they were undefeated before the 27-13 collapse late 4th.
Cheers!
They held their own at Dallas where Dallas has pretty much been unstoppable.

Cheers!
To put it in better perspective, Matt Hasselbeck, backed up by Seneca Wallace, was the last Seattle QB to lose to the Eagles. That **** ends tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread