What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MSU in the Crosshairs - Lawsuit Alleges MSU Encouraged Woman not to Report Rape by Basketball Players; Ohio State University Doctor Abused 177 Athlete (2 Viewers)

Rachael Denhollander @R_Denhollander

1m

If the @NCAA legislation does not prohibit their coaches from:

-threatening consequences if a victim reports abuse

-asking their athletes to sign a card for someone jailed on child sex abuse charges

-lying to police ...

perhaps the NCAA needs to revisit their own legislation.

Athletic director and head football coach George Perles had a video of Nassar sucking on a girl's nipples during a "treatment".  Nassar also drugged the girl and raped her.  This happened in 1992.  Perles did nothing.  So the girl went to the MSU police who told her that Perles was a powerful man and she should drop the issue.  MSU police department and athletic department and working together yet again.  Nassar worked for Perles and the athletic department for 20+ years after Perles saw that video.

Story

Athletic director and head football coach George Perles had a video of Nassar sucking on a girl's nipples during a "treatment".  Nassar also drugged the girl and raped her.  This happened in 1992.  Perles did nothing.  So the girl went to the MSU police who told her that Perles was a powerful man and she should drop the issue.  MSU police department and athletic department and working together yet again.  Nassar worked for Perles and the athletic department for 20+ years after Perles saw that video.

Story
Wow.  Up until this point I felt like nothing related to MSU and Nassar would shock me.  I was wrong.  

:(

Davis was an athlete on the field hockey team for MSU, and was on scholarship when she went to Nassar for an injury. She claims that she was then sexually abused and raped by Nassar, an act which Nassar claimed was a part of a “flexibility” study he was conducting.

Davis has claimed that a cameraman was there for the sexual abuse, too. The court documents say, “Nassar further inquired whether Plaintiff Erika had ever had a breast examination, and she had not. Nassar asked her to remove her shirt and bra, which she did. … During this time, the cameraman was filming Defendant Nassar’s sexual abuse of (Davis).”

Davis also claims that Nassar gave her a pill that made her “woozy,” and that she woke up to Nassar raping her.
Somebody find this cameraman too please.  Mother effer needs to be in prison too. 

The hell is wrong with these people?

hey the ncaa said there good so nothing to see here wrong brohans shut the whole s show down take that to the bank brohans 

Politician Spock said:
This thread is now conflating the guilty Nasser/gymnastic program story with the accused players/coach basketball program story. Those are two vastly different situations. 
Could you (if you don't mind) kind of reset the table to show the differences?

(WXYZ) - Former Michigan State University President Lou Anna K. Simon has been charged with lying to police in connection to the Larry Nassar investigation.

In all, Simon was charged with two felony counts of lying to a peace officer in a violent crime investigation and two misdemeanor counts of lying to a peace officer, 4 years or more crime investigation in Eaton County Court on Tuesday. She will be arraigned in court on Monday.

MI AG Report - MSU is Stonewalling Nasser Investigation

The truth about what happened at Michigan State University when Larry Nassar sexually assaulted hundreds of young women may never fully be known —  because the university has repeatedly stonewalled investigators trying to find out, a state investigator said in a scathing report released Friday.

The report, issued by Michigan Attorney General independent special counsel William Forsyth, depicts MSU as indifferent to sexual assault and steeped in protectionism, lacking transparency and valuing financial and legal considerations over victims and public interest.

"MSU stonewalls the very investigation it pledged to support," the report says.

The report, which comes as the Board of Trustees embarks on the search for the university's next president, cites numerous MSU actions during the investigation, and even beforehand to support its findings. 

---

Jesus. What the hell is wrong with the administration at MSU?

MI AG Report - MSU is Stonewalling Nasser Investigation

The truth about what happened at Michigan State University when Larry Nassar sexually assaulted hundreds of young women may never fully be known —  because the university has repeatedly stonewalled investigators trying to find out, a state investigator said in a scathing report released Friday.

The report, issued by Michigan Attorney General independent special counsel William Forsyth, depicts MSU as indifferent to sexual assault and steeped in protectionism, lacking transparency and valuing financial and legal considerations over victims and public interest.

"MSU stonewalls the very investigation it pledged to support," the report says.

The report, which comes as the Board of Trustees embarks on the search for the university's next president, cites numerous MSU actions during the investigation, and even beforehand to support its findings. 

---

Jesus. What the hell is wrong with the administration at MSU?
MSU really needs to clean house and get rid of all the trustees.  They have been a disgrace for years.

"MSU sent Michigan AG office its bed bug policy and restaurant coupons in response to request for documents regarding Larry Nassar. At the same time it was bragging about the quantity of documents it turned over."

"MSU sent Michigan AG office its bed bug policy and restaurant coupons in response to request for documents regarding Larry Nassar. At the same time it was bragging about the quantity of documents it turned over."
Hey, MSU!! Paying your FF dues in coupons is supposed to be shtick.

Story
What the actual ####.  I stopped coming in to this thread months ago so hadn’t heard this report. That’s crazy.

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Michigan hires ex-USA Gymnastics coach who was told of Nassar's abuse

The head football coach and basketball coach need to resign immediately.

How much of a vacuum has to exist the umaa athletic department to hire this person after another women's gymnastics coach had to resign in late October '18 for having a sexual relationship with one of the athlete's he was supposed to be coaching.
I have no idea why they did this. The regents aren't happy and said the contract should be terminated immediately. Hopefully it will be tomorrow.

I don't know what they hell they were thinking, but they have corrected their mistake - 

BREAKING: U-M fires Rhonda Faehn, gymnastic coach with ties to Larry Nassar. “I have come to the conclusion that it is not in the best interest of the University of Michigan and our athletic program to continue the consulting contract with Rhonda Faehn,” Warde Maneul says

MSU and Engler are a disgrace. Engler is an old chauvinistic fat cat brought in to assist the cover up and burying of the abuse. He was never there to root out the wrong doers and bring justice. 

See ya

Dont let the door hit you on the way out  :bye:  . Actually, yes, let it hit you. Many times. In your fat stupid face.

Last edited by a moderator:
brohans how can this athletic program continue to exist is there no decent person who can just say enough end it take some time off and lets see if you can earn the right to start it up again in a decade this is truly revolting and it looks like it stinks from top to bottom this makes me lose faith in humanity take that to the bank brohans 

Me: No University could ever screw up and badly mishandle sexual abuse as much as Penn State.

Michigan State: Hold my beer.
Yeah, this.  I thought appointing a former governor made a lot of sense and would help the university move forward, but, holy ####, oof was I wrong about Engler.

Me: No University could ever screw up and badly mishandle sexual abuse as much as Penn State.

Michigan State: Hold my beer.
Penn State was the first one to encounter such a thing - it was understandable they screw it up.  But, holy crap, did MSU take the stupid to a whole new level. Woof.

Just shut the whole University down.

This is beyond ridiculous. The government should withhold every dime of federal funds until the University cleans house top to bottom and gives 100% unfettered access to all documents and information as well.

Start issuing Title IX violations and shut down the entire athletic program as well.
I said it when the Nasser stuff came out.  This university needs to be shut down.  

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Any documentaries out on this yet? Since I have only followed this a little in passing, I don't know all of the details. Would love a nice organized, summation of everything that has gone on at MSU relating to the mishandling of things by their athletic department.

The NCAA is such a joke. Drug, abuse, rape hundreds of girls, cover up the abuse, etc and the NCAA will do nothing. But a tutor cheats for 12 students and the NCAA lowers the hammer.

Link

If I were an MSU student, I’d line up a transfer and sue MSU for a refund on the cost of credits up until then.

*I know there’s no chance in hell this is a viable lawsuit.

GroveDiesel said:
The NCAA is such a joke. Drug, abuse, rape hundreds of girls, cover up the abuse, etc and the NCAA will do nothing. But a tutor cheats for 12 students and the NCAA lowers the hammer.

Link
1. It's easier to drop the boom over stuff like this as opposed to icky and messy stuff like rape and drugs.

2. It's also obvious that the cheating didn't do them any good in football.

burn it down no athletic program period and if they dont then the feds withhold all funding actual focus on acedmics and beg foregiveness kill the whole rotten system that looked the other way while young women and girls were raped and then covered it up the end 

What the hell is wrong with these Universities?
I maintain that many in University administrations are afraid to bring any information to light that sullies their university reputation. They fear that they will be blamed for it and suffer the consequences. The fact is Sandusky and Nasser and Strauss are going to do their evil things, there is no way the administrations can stop them from engaging in their behavior at the outset. However, once they receive complaints that these things are occurring, they need to investigate thoroughly and make decisions based on the evidence, not based on how it will look for the university. Once they look the other way, they are basically an accomplice of the perpetrator.

Users who are viewing this thread