What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Muslims in NYC Planning to Build Second Mosque Near Ground Zero (1 Viewer)

This is really sad and pathetic. How can the man be so ignorant? That site doesn't belong to any particular religion for the upteenth time, the community center is going to be built TWO BLOCKS AWAY!!!

And why is it an affront to anyone, unless you blame 9/11 on American Muslims? I just can't fathom this willingness to give in to what appears to me to be nothing more than the worst sort of bigotry.
The problem is, this mosque/cultural center has ZERO to do with American Muslims. If it did, an alternative site would be a very reasonable thing that they would take the governor up on. This site selection is CENTRAL to the money behind this project. You can call it ignorance all you want, but I guarantee time will prove me correct as usual.
How is this location CENTRAL to your paranoid delusions when it was their SECOND choice (which would also be an "alternative location")?! It was Plan B. How is Plan B central? And isn't it the same muslims that are making a bigger building from an already established mosque in the area? Are those not American Muslims? If it weren't for Burton, you'd be the most ridiculous poster. Of course, Burton may very well be you in an effort to make yourself look less crazy. I'll ask again. How much shenaniganery do you think will happen in a building that's going to be under every microscope possible?
Give me a link to Plan A and how much money was behind that?
It's already been covered repeatedly in this thread. They tried to buy an old YMCA to build their community center. I don't know about the money behind it. But I suppose you have some kind of proof about their money being dirty, aside from your gut feeling because of their name.

Franken said conservative opposition to the mosque is “one of the most disgraceful things that I’ve heard.”“I don’t know how many of you have been to New York, but if a building is two blocks away from anything, you can’t see it. It’s a community center. They’re going to have a gym. They’re going to have point guards. Muslim point guards,” Franken said, to laughter and applause.“They (Republicans) do this every two years. They try to find a wedge issue, and they try to work it.”
I didn't realize Dean was a conservative. :moneybag:

This is really sad and pathetic. How can the man be so ignorant? That site doesn't belong to any particular religion for the upteenth time, the community center is going to be built TWO BLOCKS AWAY!!!

And why is it an affront to anyone, unless you blame 9/11 on American Muslims? I just can't fathom this willingness to give in to what appears to me to be nothing more than the worst sort of bigotry.
The problem is, this mosque/cultural center has ZERO to do with American Muslims. If it did, an alternative site would be a very reasonable thing that they would take the governor up on. This site selection is CENTRAL to the money behind this project. You can call it ignorance all you want, but I guarantee time will prove me correct as usual.
How is this location CENTRAL to your paranoid delusions when it was their SECOND choice (which would also be an "alternative location")?! It was Plan B. How is Plan B central? And isn't it the same muslims that are making a bigger building from an already established mosque in the area? Are those not American Muslims? If it weren't for Burton, you'd be the most ridiculous poster. Of course, Burton may very well be you in an effort to make yourself look less crazy. I'll ask again. How much shenaniganery do you think will happen in a building that's going to be under every microscope possible?
It's already been covered repeatedly in this thread. They tried to buy an old YMCA to build their community center. I don't know about the money behind it. But I suppose you have some kind of proof about their money being dirty, aside from your gut feeling because of their name.
According to this, there is little money yet behind Plan B: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41238.htmlCue the fearmongers on what sort of deals will have to be made to obtain financing.

How is this location CENTRAL to your paranoid delusions when it was their SECOND choice (which would also be an "alternative location")?! It was Plan B. How is Plan B central? And isn't it the same muslims that are making a bigger building from an already established mosque in the area? Are those not American Muslims? If it weren't for Burton, you'd be the most ridiculous poster. Of course, Burton may very well be you in an effort to make yourself look less crazy.

I'll ask again. How much shenaniganery do you think will happen in a building that's going to be under every microscope possible?
It id not the shenanigans that concerns me. This is a Muslim's taking a permanent piss on a sore spot for an everlasting monument for what they did.
So the Muslims are all to blame. Gotcha. These people were involved with Al Qaeda, that's what you're inferring. I personally have never been able to piss more than 6-7 feet, so these terrorists must be the Tiger Woods of peeing if they can hit Ground Zero, even from the 13th floor.13th Floor?!!!?!?! Why didn't I think of that earlier. Friday the 13th, the day the Templars were ambushed and nearly wiped out. This is an outright attack on Christianity's finest Crusaders as revenge for sieges in Jerusalem and for being driven from Spain!. It all makes sense now. Why couldn't we all have seen it before it was too late??!?!?!?!

You are confusing another group. The OP is actually about that group. But the controversy is about the Cordoba Initiative and this site is a completely different group and project. I do not oppose the smaller group building a mosque in this area which will replace the one they had for years. As far as I know, they are moving forward without a hitch.

So the Muslims are all to blame. Gotcha. These people were involved with Al Qaeda, that's what you're inferring. I personally have never been able to piss more than 6-7 feet, so these terrorists must be the Tiger Woods of peeing if they can hit Ground Zero, even from the 13th floor.

13th Floor?!!!?!?! Why didn't I think of that earlier. Friday the 13th, the day the Templars were ambushed and nearly wiped out. This is an outright attack on Christianity's finest Crusaders as revenge for sieges in Jerusalem and for being driven from Spain!. It all makes sense now. Why couldn't we all have seen it before it was too late??!?!?!?!
Nope, just the big money behind this project are very much in favor of what the 9-11 terrorists did. I am thoroughly convinced of that.

How is this location CENTRAL to your paranoid delusions when it was their SECOND choice (which would also be an "alternative location")?! It was Plan B. How is Plan B central? And isn't it the same muslims that are making a bigger building from an already established mosque in the area? Are those not American Muslims? If it weren't for Burton, you'd be the most ridiculous poster. Of course, Burton may very well be you in an effort to make yourself look less crazy.

I'll ask again. How much shenaniganery do you think will happen in a building that's going to be under every microscope possible?
It id not the shenanigans that concerns me. This is a Muslim's taking a permanent piss on a sore spot for an everlasting monument for what they did.
So the Muslims are all to blame. Gotcha. These people were involved with Al Qaeda, that's what you're inferring. I personally have never been able to piss more than 6-7 feet, so these terrorists must be the Tiger Woods of peeing if they can hit Ground Zero, even from the 13th floor.13th Floor?!!!?!?! Why didn't I think of that earlier. Friday the 13th, the day the Templars were ambushed and nearly wiped out. This is an outright attack on Christianity's finest Crusaders as revenge for sieges in Jerusalem and for being driven from Spain!. It all makes sense now. Why couldn't we all have seen it before it was too late??!?!?!?!
Once it's built they'll have a contest: "Can you piss on Ground Zero? Come to the 13th floor and try! If you miss but hit an infidel walking down the street, you still win a small prize!"

So the Muslims are all to blame. Gotcha. These people were involved with Al Qaeda, that's what you're inferring. I personally have never been able to piss more than 6-7 feet, so these terrorists must be the Tiger Woods of peeing if they can hit Ground Zero, even from the 13th floor.

13th Floor?!!!?!?! Why didn't I think of that earlier. Friday the 13th, the day the Templars were ambushed and nearly wiped out. This is an outright attack on Christianity's finest Crusaders as revenge for sieges in Jerusalem and for being driven from Spain!. It all makes sense now. Why couldn't we all have seen it before it was too late??!?!?!?!
Nope, just the big money behind this project are very much in favor of what the 9-11 terrorists did. I am thoroughly convinced of that.
What big money is that?

According to this, there is little money yet behind Plan B: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41238.html

Cue the fearmongers on what sort of deals will have to be made to obtain financing.
Except now all of a sudden, this poor group is moving forward with a plan to excercize their option to buy an the adjecent property, which has an estimated price tag of $10-20 million. Where is all this money falling out of the sky from???? Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, noted:

"There should be transparency about who those investors are, whether that money is coming from domestic interests or not, and if it's coming from foreign interests we need to know, because I think that's a liability, and it shows that there is another agenda rather than domestic security and tranquility."[40]

Rauf said he would raise money solely from the Muslim American community.[57] However, NBC and The New York Post reported that in contrast he also told a London-based Arabic-language newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat that he would seek funding from Muslim and Arab nations.[58][59][60][61][62][63]

Last edited by a moderator:

What big money is that?
Big Money goes around the worldBig Money underground

Big Money got a mighty voice

Big Money make no sound

I still see no argument anywhere in this thread that offers a sound reason for why they should not be allowed to build a COMMUNITY CENTER on PRIVATE property.

Until then you all are just talking smack, which is fine, just be honest about that fact.

What is that saying about something running down some body part of someone else...I think that applies up in here...

What is that saying about something running down some body part of someone else...I think that applies up in here...
I don't think I know that adage.

I still see no argument anywhere in this thread that offers a sound reason for why they should not be allowed to build a COMMUNITY CENTER on PRIVATE property.Until then you all are just talking smack, which is fine, just be honest about that fact.
The argument keeps changing anyhow.It seems to have changed most recently from the whole ground zero location to the accusation that it is going to be funded by radical muslims from other countries with ties to big oil.

you are garbage.

you are garbage.
Cheeky sure likes his radical muslims.... :unsure:

you are garbage.
Sorry, that is what I think of the people behind this. Typical crap by liberals on this forum to make personal attacks.

you are garbage.
Sorry, that is what I think of the people behind this. Typical crap by liberals on this forum to make personal attacks.
Can you make a list of who the Liberals are in this thread? I need to update the notebook.

you are garbage.
Can you make a list of who the Liberals are in this thread? I need to update the notebook.
Just on this page....cheeky, moops, sweeney, and Gigantomachia....don't really want to go back through all 25 pages. HTH

you are garbage.
Just on this page....cheeky, moops, sweeney, and Gigantomachia....don't really want to go back through all 25 pages. HTH
XI'm a definite left leaner, but no liberal. It;s not just libs that oppose ridiculous conservative ideals. I'd say I'm more of a Pragmatic South Park Left Leaning Libertarian. But if calling people names makes you feel better...

I'm a definite left leaner, but no liberal. It;s not just libs that oppose ridiculous conservative ideals. I'd say I'm more of a Pragmatic South Park Left Leaning Libertarian. But if calling people names makes you feel better...
Is it an insult to call people liberal? I just thought it was descriptive. Polls identify people all the time as conservative or liberal or moderate. Did not intend anything derogatory by it. For me a left-leaning libertarian is in the liberal category.

According to this, there is little money yet behind Plan B: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41238.htmlCue the fearmongers on what sort of deals will have to be made to obtain financing.
They can talk to Dodd about that.

I'm a definite left leaner, but no liberal. It;s not just libs that oppose ridiculous conservative ideals. I'd say I'm more of a Pragmatic South Park Left Leaning Libertarian. But if calling people names makes you feel better...
Is it an insult to call people liberal? I just thought it was descriptive. Polls identify people all the time as conservative or liberal or moderate. Did not intend anything derogatory by it. For me a left-leaning libertarian is in the liberal category.
You seem to have great disdain for them so from you it's at least perjorative. And I already knew that you lump people into the same categories with others regardless of merit.

You seem to have great disdain for them so from you it's at least perjorative. And I already knew that you lump people into the same categories with others regardless of merit.
I lump you based on your stance on issues. I haven't shown disdain for other posters on this thread, just the people funding this project.

Is it an insult to call people liberal? I just thought it was descriptive. Polls identify people all the time as conservative or liberal or moderate. Did not intend anything derogatory by it.
Normally its not an insult but if you actually heard me say it, you might change your mind.... :bag:

got capitalized, sweeeet.
No problem GB... :) Next time I might even add some color.
:banned:for the record, i'm an anarchist; damn it.
Not to quibble with your definition, but were you not somewhat in favor of ObamaCare? How do you reconcile being an anarchist that supports a plan which the government forces people to buy health care insurance?

Is it an insult to call people liberal?
Absolutely... the conservatives have pushing at as an insult for 30 years. Don't try and play coy. Don't try to deny it.
Oh i dont... :confused:

Absolutely... the conservatives have pushing at as an insult for 30 years. Don't try and play coy. Don't try to deny it.
Outside of being wrong on most issues, I don't see how it is an insult. I don't hold animosity against liberals, I just don't get why most always seem to have to personally insult their opponents. Are you upset I did not include you? If it makes you feel any better, I would have included you on the liberal list had you posted on this page.

Oh i dont... :confused:
L00K AT ME. i MAKE FUN OF TeH LIBERULZ!!!11

got capitalized, sweeeet.
No problem GB... :confused: Next time I might even add some color.
:banned:for the record, i'm an anarchist; damn it.
Not to quibble with your definition, but were you not somewhat in favor of ObamaCare? How do you reconcile being an anarchist that supports a plan which the government forces people to buy health care insurance?
i was not in favor of what was passed, and in fact, ideally the local communities would help their fellow humans simply because they can, rather than because they can get paid.but i'm a dreamer.

Outside of being wrong on most issues, I don't see how it is an insult. I don't hold animosity against liberals, I just don't get why most always seem to have to personally insult their opponents. Are you upset I did not include you? If it makes you feel any better, I would have included you on the liberal list had you posted on this page.
You cant have conservatives try and use it as an insult and a derogatory term at every corner for 3 decades... then state some cop-out that it isnt as you have made it into.Now as the left started using "progressive" more recently you have tried to use that as a bad monicker in-of-itself (you have noticed this, correct?).

And noone can help you with the fact that you are wrong on just about everything and every issue. You should go search all the links of people curbstomping you on damn near daily basis.
Curbstomping? If you liberals were so right on all the issues, why do you always lose public opinion? You are getting your butt handed to you on this issue. Oh you can advance your cause in the courts, but rarely through open debate.

Curbstomping? If you liberals were so right on all the issues, why do you always lose public opinion? You are getting your butt handed to you on this issue. Oh you can advance your cause in the courts, but rarely through open debate.
Whole lotta Bwah! in this post.

Users who are viewing this thread