What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Morning Jacket (4 Viewers)

Saw them headline Friday night at Sasquatch! and they were rather impressive. Not the best band of the day or a top 5 for the weekend but a solid performance to see.

:X

5 NIGHTS – 5 ALBUMS – TERMINAL 5 – NEW YORK CITY New York City’s Terminal 5 will be presenting a historic five night run of shows in which My Morning Jacket will perform one of their full-length albums in its entirety each night, along with additional songs and covers from each album’s time period. The stint will kick off on Monday, October 18th, with a performance of the 1999 debut The Tennessee Fire, and will be followed chronologically by their next four full length albums, ending with 2008’s Evil Urges. on Saturday, October 23rd.10/18 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – The Tennessee Fire10/19 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – At Dawn10/21 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – It Still Moves10/22 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – Z10/23 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – Evil Urges and beyond!Tickets for the shows go on pre-sale on June 14th, with 5-show ticket packages available to fans. The individual shows will go on sale to the public on Friday, June 18th. For ticket and show information, click here.
### ####, I really need to move to NYC. :thumbup:
:drool: at 10/21 and 10/22

Saw them headline Friday night at Sasquatch! and they were rather impressive. Not the best band of the day or a top 5 for the weekend but a solid performance to see.
Unless Jesus & the 12 Disciples had a set at Sasquatch, MMJ was the best show there

:shock:

5 NIGHTS – 5 ALBUMS – TERMINAL 5 – NEW YORK CITY New York City’s Terminal 5 will be presenting a historic five night run of shows in which My Morning Jacket will perform one of their full-length albums in its entirety each night, along with additional songs and covers from each album’s time period. The stint will kick off on Monday, October 18th, with a performance of the 1999 debut The Tennessee Fire, and will be followed chronologically by their next four full length albums, ending with 2008’s Evil Urges. on Saturday, October 23rd.10/18 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – The Tennessee Fire10/19 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – At Dawn10/21 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – It Still Moves10/22 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – Z10/23 – Terminal 5 – New York City, NY – Evil Urges and beyond!Tickets for the shows go on pre-sale on June 14th, with 5-show ticket packages available to fans. The individual shows will go on sale to the public on Friday, June 18th. For ticket and show information, click here.
### ####, I really need to move to NYC. :lmao:
:drool: at 10/21 and 10/22
You've got to be kidding. I'll be in NYC the entire week before!!!

Terminal 5

I wouldn't miss this for Prokhorov's black book.
Hopefully they release a DVD of these shows because there's no way Im going to be able to swing this timewise or moneywise.Also, I hear Terminal 5 only holds like 3k people, so the demand for these tix is going to be thru the roof. Shark move might be to try for the Evil Urges & Beyond show tix as I have a feeling everybody and their dead relatives will be trying for the ISM and AD tix

Terminal 5

I wouldn't miss this for Prokhorov's black book.
Hopefully they release a DVD of these shows because there's no way Im going to be able to swing this timewise or moneywise.Also, I hear Terminal 5 only holds like 3k people, so the demand for these tix is going to be thru the roof. Shark move might be to try for the Evil Urges & Beyond show tix as I have a feeling everybody and their dead relatives will be trying for the ISM and AD tix
Based on the amount of people at Jazzfest, I'll take my chances. 30 minutes prior I just walked up to the front like it was a Matchbox 20 reunion show.All kidding aside, I'll be unproductive at work on the 18th. Going or not, I'm getting those tickets.

I'm pretty excited to see MMJ play the Outside Lands Music Festival with The Strokes, KOL and Further. :kicksrock:

Tremendous Upside said:
Yeah, very pumped for thisAlmost as excited to see what covers/weird stuff they pull out as I am to see the actual albums
Nice...Wish I could swing this, but I'll just have to settle for the boots I guess. As long as the sound quality on those are decent, I can live with it.Agreed on the covers and stuff. They'll definitely play a good amount of songs off of the Ch.1 & Ch.2 recordings, and some EP & B-sides stuff, and the Beyond for the last nights show would be new songs from the next album Id assume so that should be sweet. I would think Tyrone and Cobra are guarantees. Im crossing my fingers for Rocketman, Isobella with the White Umbrella, Why Dont You Love Me, I Wont Cry, Nothing to Me, Devil's Peanut Butter, How Could I Know, Chills.Going to be great to hear the songs they almost never play off the albums as well like Masterplan, Just Because I Do, Honest Man, Rollin Back, Into The Woods, etc.

I was reading this article today that talks about other bands sounds having a big influence from early MMJ. I had heard of all the bands except one, Futurebirds, and ironically they probably sound the most like Tennessee Fire/At Dawn-era MMJ than any of the other bands mentioned.

Here's a song from their debut EP from last year,

And you can d/l the entire EP for free here

Debut album comes out end of July. Already more interested to hear that than probably any other upcoming album.

Got the tix from TM a couple of days ago...

They are all still perforated together end to end, look awesome

Each one with an album name on it

:goodposting:

thinking all 5 stubs together framed with a pic or poster or something will make a cool memento after the fact

Now just have to keep the stubs in decent condition

:unsure:

Got the tix from TM a couple of days ago...They are all still perforated together end to end, look awesomeEach one with an album name on it:goodposting:thinking all 5 stubs together framed with a pic or poster or something will make a cool memento after the factNow just have to keep the stubs in decent condition:wall:
Would have been cool if the tickets were the album covers. I usually just fold them in half and put in my wallet...best way I know how. I can never get away with them not having a fold but they stay in good shape that way.

Got the tix from TM a couple of days ago...They are all still perforated together end to end, look awesomeEach one with an album name on it:pickle:thinking all 5 stubs together framed with a pic or poster or something will make a cool memento after the factNow just have to keep the stubs in decent condition:mellow:
I'm so happy for you. That is going to be epic.

Got the tix from TM a couple of days ago...They are all still perforated together end to end, look awesomeEach one with an album name on it:pickle:thinking all 5 stubs together framed with a pic or poster or something will make a cool memento after the factNow just have to keep the stubs in decent condition:mellow:
He needs to start a blog so those of us who are less fortunate can live vicariously.

Got the tix from TM a couple of days ago...They are all still perforated together end to end, look awesomeEach one with an album name on it:shrug:thinking all 5 stubs together framed with a pic or poster or something will make a cool memento after the factNow just have to keep the stubs in decent condition:tfp:
He needs to start a blog so those of us who are less fortunate can live vicariously.
Yes. Although, part of me is tempted to buy a plane ticket to New York and bring a lawn chair and just sit outside of the venue and hope Jacket rules sound to such a point that I might bask in some dampened raidence of musical joy.

First, I really can't thank you tools enough for bringing these guys to my attention.

Downloaded Z last week (after ISM and AD over the past couple of months) and am once again blown away. The second half of Lay Low might be the most awesome 3:00 stretch on my iPod, and Dondante is just ridiculously good. Into the Woods is the only track I can't get into - strong throughout otherwise and I was expecting to not like it nearly as much as the others. I might even slot it just ahead of AD and behind ISM.

have tix to see them w/ Petty on 8/19.

First, I really can't thank you tools enough for bringing these guys to my attention. Downloaded Z last week (after ISM and AD over the past couple of months) and am once again blown away. The second half of Lay Low might be the most awesome 3:00 stretch on my iPod, and Dondante is just ridiculously good. Into the Woods is the only track I can't get into - strong throughout otherwise and I was expecting to not like it nearly as much as the others. I might even slot it just ahead of AD and behind ISM.
Yeah, popular opinion is that AD is their best or 2nd best, but for me its ISM>Z>AD. ISM was the first album I got and fell in love with, so when Z came out I was thrown for a loop as it wasnt what I expected after the sound of ISM (which IMO is MMJ sound perfection), but I still really liked it. Then I got AD, really liked it, but Z grew on me even more after that. Into The Woods, and What a Wonderful Man, were the only 2 tracks that felt out of place and I didnt particularly care for, but Into The Woods really grew on me and Ive come to think the guitar bridge in WAWM is the best guitar riff in MMJ's catalog. Closing out with Anytime>Lay Low>Knot Comes Loose> Dondante might be their best closeout stretch of songs to any album. Lay Low and Dondante are behemoths live. Overall, I think Z is undoubtedly their tightest album open to close.If you havent gotten Evil Urges yet, youll be let down almost certainly, but there are a few tracks on there that still rank with their best songs to date. Anxiously awaiting their next album expected out next year.

First, I really can't thank you tools enough for bringing these guys to my attention. Downloaded Z last week (after ISM and AD over the past couple of months) and am once again blown away. The second half of Lay Low might be the most awesome 3:00 stretch on my iPod, and Dondante is just ridiculously good. Into the Woods is the only track I can't get into - strong throughout otherwise and I was expecting to not like it nearly as much as the others. I might even slot it just ahead of AD and behind ISM. have tix to see them w/ Petty on 8/19.
:lmao: tuffy gets all the cred for my intro

They're probably in the top five things to come out of Louisville.

1. Ali

2. Kentucky Derby

3. Sluggers

4. Jacket

5. Cheeseburgers

My Morning Jacket Hit the Studio

By Patrick Doyle

Aug 05, 2010 2:46 PM EDT

Last weekend, Jim James played a stunning acoustic set at the Newport Folk Festival and showed up onstage with both the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and folk legend John Prine. Backstage, the My Morning Jacket frontman told Rolling Stone the band is currently recording the follow-up to 2008's Evil Urges in their hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. "We've got five songs done," he says. "We've worked a couple weeks. We're going to do another month. It'll probably be out mid-next year — probably May."

Check out photos from the 2010 Newport Folk Festival.

James says that he is co-producing the album with Tucker Martine, who produced the Decemberists' The Crane Wife and Hazards of Love discs. "We're recording it in a church in Louisville," he says. "We've never made a record in Louisville before."

James calls Evil Urges, which was recorded in Colorado and New York, "the hardest record we've ever made." The new sessions sound more upbeat. "I'm really excited," he says. "It's all live, so the vibe is really, really good, really wholesome. There's something about it. We've done stuff mostly live but then you do some overdubs, some vocals, or whatever. But we're trying to do everything other than maybe strings live. There's just something old and dirty about it."

Since Evil Urges, the band has been busy with various side projects. James released George Harrison tribute EP Tribute To and appeared on the Monsters of Folk. Guitarist Carl Broemel will release his second solo album All Birds Say on August 31st. My Morning Jacket will play all five of their albums during a five-night stand in October at New York's Terminal 5. In late August, they will support Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for three dates in Massachusetts and New Jersey. "I'm looking forward to it," says James. "It'd be awesome if we get to play with him."
I love those Decemberists' albums. This could be pretty great.

New song presumably on the next album, debuted it a couple nights ago. Like it a good bit on first listen, doesnt sound quite like anything else theyve ever written - and in a good way. Has me even more excited for the new album:

New song presumably on the next album, debuted it a couple nights ago. Like it a good bit on first listen, doesnt sound quite like anything else theyve ever written - and in a good way. Has me even more excited for the new album:

Don't love it, but will give it a couple of more listensBTW, how amazing is technology now

That youtube is CRYSTAL clear, and the audio is amazing

GB that

just wanted to give myself a huge 5 :blackdot: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: for missing the MMJ show in SD Wednesday nite. I used my hall pass to go see Mike Trout in Lake Elsinore the night before, and my boys who I see music with were either out of town for work or still in Telluride.

Still, I'm a ####### idiot for not hustling over to SDSU solo for 2 hours to catch one of the best live bands in the world right now.

#### ME. :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag:

Sounds better than most of what was on Evil Urges to me.
While I loved it when it came out, and listened to it incessantly, Evil Urges gets worse and worse every time I listen to Z or It Still Moves. The best thing about that clip was the video quality. The song didn't do much for me.

If Circuital is any indication of the sound of the next album, it almost sounds like theyve come full circle and this album will be like an ISM/Z hybrid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just decided to spontaneously buy a 5 day pass for teh T5 shows when I found 1 pop up for face value, not knowing if I can get the time off for work or not.

So now I got MMJ in the Burgh in 3 days, and 5 shows in October :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread