What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***NFC Championship Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Since I'm not from Chicago and I don't know any other Bears personally, I will be celebrating the win along with the odd collection of Bears fans on here. Tb>hi

Since I'm not from Chicago and I don't know any other Bears personally, I will be celebrating the win along with the many Packers fans on here. Tb>hi
FixedI have trouble knowing what to expect today because I don't see the traditional game plan from either coach. Martz's ego won't let him run the ball as much as many Bears fans like.The Packers 3rd and 4th WR's are hard to cover with the Bears 3rd and 4th DB's. Stay away from Tillman and it should be a long day in Chicago.It doesn't look like the weather will be factor today. 20 and 8MPH breezes shouldn't affect anything. They are predicting partly sunny and 19-20 at the start of the game.

Since I'm not from Chicago and I don't know any other Bears personally, I will be celebrating the win along with the many Packers fans on here. Tb>hi
Fixed

I have trouble knowing what to expect today because I don't see the traditional game plan from either coach. Martz's ego won't let him run the ball as much as many Bears fans like.

The Packers 3rd and 4th WR's are hard to cover with the Bears 3rd and 4th DB's. Stay away from Tillman and it should be a long day in Chicago.

It doesn't look like the weather will be factor today. 20 and 8MPH breezes shouldn't affect anything. They are predicting partly sunny and 19-20 at the start of the game.
He's kept his ego in check since the bye week. There's no reason to think that gets thrown out the window unless the game dictates that the Bears need to abandon the run.

Fixed

I have trouble knowing what to expect today because I don't see the traditional game plan from either coach. Martz's ego won't let him run the ball as much as many Bears fans like.

The Packers 3rd and 4th WR's are hard to cover with the Bears 3rd and 4th DB's. Stay away from Tillman and it should be a long day in Chicago.

It doesn't look like the weather will be factor today. 20 and 8MPH breezes shouldn't affect anything. They are predicting partly sunny and 19-20 at the start of the game.
He's kept his ego in check since the bye week. There's no reason to think that gets thrown out the window unless the game dictates that the Bears need to abandon the run.
That's true but there was a story he wasn't happy with the play calling in the last game. I think with all the attention he'll light it up a little more.

Last week they ran more than they threw and the smart thing would be to do the same. We'll see.

I expect Woodson to cover Greg Olsen some. It will be interesting to see the battle between Martz and Dom Capers.

Fixed

Except for week 17 - he was REALLY trying EXTRA HARD with extra passing on top to beat the Packers that week. Maybe he'll go temporarily insane again and try SUPER-DUPER hard this week and throw 60 times and run twice. Oh wait, this week matters. :thumbup:

Inactives declared.

Green Bay:

Evan Dietrich-Smith OG

Josh Gordy DB

Graham Harrell QB Third quarterback.

Pat Lee CB

Nick McDonald G

Dimitri Nance RB

Jarius Wynn DE

Frank Zombo OLB

Zombo is out again. Erik Walden fills in.

Chicago:

Devin Aromashodu WR

Kahlil Bell RB

Caleb Hanie QB Third quarterback.

Marcus Harrison DT

Herman Johnson G

Joshua Moore DB

Craig Steltz DB

Edwin Williams G

Aromashodu out, TE Clark active. Could mean that CHI runs more.

ETA both Chris Harris (CHI) and Atari Bigby (GB) are active, so both help their secondaries - Harris much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aromashodu out? Wow. This guy really feel out of favor quickly this year. Glad to see Clark is back in. He deserves it and should've been there all along. Having him in the game should give a good twist to the game plan. :lmao:

Good thing Harrell is out. :hifive:

One hour to game time. Time for the last quick stop at the store and some predictions.

Pack 27-13, with Chicago getting their last, meaningless score late in the game. Starks proves he's a real challenger to Grant next year by hanging 120 rushing yards on the Bears D.

Jennings already had to change cleats. Ugly field.

Anyway, there is going to be a lot of Forte running today with 3 TE sets. Look for the Bears to work the middle of the field early and often.

One hour to game time. Time for the last quick stop at the store and some predictions.

Pack 27-13, with Chicago getting their last, meaningless score late in the game. Starks proves he's a real challenger to Grant next year by hanging 120 rushing yards on the Bears D.
Agreed.

Who are going to be the big stars today? I am thinking Forte for the Bears and Jones & Nelson for the Packers.

Who are going to be the big stars today? I am thinking Forte for the Bears and Jones & Nelson for the Packers.
Quarless has to come through. Finley dropped 115 yards in game 1 -= that's how to beat cover 2. I have no reason to think Q is good enough to step it up, but I think that's what the Pack could use.

It's funny how Matt Forte and Rashard Mendenhall really haven't been talked about much this week, but I am predicting that they will the MVPs for today's games.

OMG it's almost here. Only an hour of commercials left?

Quarless has to come through. Finley dropped 115 yards in game 1 -= that's how to beat cover 2. I have no reason to think Q is good enough to step it up, but I think that's what the Pack could use.
They could use Lee and Crabtree too. I wonder if they hadn't gone on IR if Grant or Finley could play today.

They could use Lee and Crabtree too. I wonder if they hadn't gone on IR if Grant or Finley could play today.
Just my opinion but I think everything worked out for the Packers perfectly, injuries and all. Favored in the NFC championship game. What more can you ask for? BEAR DOWN!

Grant reportedly could've been ready a couple weeks ago. not sure about finley.

NFL Network with an awesome pregame show today....in the end they did the ballon pop and then everyone started sucking helium balloons and talking- Jim Mora Jr did his dad's rant. Warren Sap on helium is pretty funny.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;

Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

They will be playing that a lot at Soldier Field today. :popcorn:

Interestingly enough, that fight song was written the same year in which was the last time Chicago and Green Bay faced off in the playoffs- 1941.

Forte out rushes Starks.

Both QB's throw 2 picks.

Hester gets 2 big returns but no TD's.

Gould win it with a 41 yarder.

When he says "please remove your caps" that means doo-rags, skull caps, and anything else covering your head you jagaloons!!

Hope the game's as good as the anthem was. Dude outkicked the end zone on that one. :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread