What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFCCG Pre-Game thread: Lions at 49ers (1 Viewer)

Red Sox fan? Finally something to put in my rockaction "Con" column.

Heh. You don't know the half, jabarony!

As Boston mounted their comeback over the course of 6(?) days, it was the amazing to see seemingly normal Boston couples turn into obnoxious loud-mouth teenagers.

It only took four days. But it probably seemed like an eternity. Boston fans can be extra obnoxious, as we've seen with the Patriots (can't stand 'em), Celtics (like 'em), and Bruins (I'm a Hartford Whalers fan until I die).

So you're a long-suffering Tigers fan? When was the last title? 1984? Kirk Gibson played for you all, IIRC.

I feel and felt bad. You guys should have won in 2013 with Verlander, Scherzer, and Sanchez, but you had to let that guy pitch to Papi in Game Two of the ALCS. The series was never the same. A 1-0 victory at one point on a Mike Napoli home run. Just a tough series and staff, and somehow the Sox squeaked by.

I still tell people Detroit was the better team that year and that the Sox got really lucky.

Good luck tomorrow against the 49ers. I'll be pulling for Detroit.

Red Sox fan? Finally something to put in my rockaction "Con" column.

Heh. You don't know the half, jabarony!

As Boston mounted their comeback over the course of 6(?) days, it was the amazing to see seemingly normal Boston couples turn into obnoxious loud-mouth teenagers.

It only took four days. But it probably seemed like an eternity. Boston fans can be extra obnoxious, as we've seen with the Patriots (can't stand 'em), Celtics (like 'em), and Bruins (I'm a Hartford Whalers fan until I die).

So you're a long-suffering Tigers fan? When was the last title? 1984? Kirk Gibson played for you all, IIRC.

I feel and felt bad. You guys should have won in 2013 with Verlander, Scherzer, and Sanchez, but you had to let that guy pitch to Papi in Game Two of the ALCS. The series was never the same. A 1-0 victory at one point on a Mike Napoli home run. Just a tough series and staff, and somehow the Sox squeaked by.

I still tell people Detroit was the better team that year and that the Sox got really lucky.

Good luck tomorrow against the 49ers. I'll be pulling for Detroit.
Yeah that Ortiz homer ended the series for a pessimistic Tigers fan such as I.

That didn’t help my Sox dislike.

And not that it made me hate them, but this sure didn’t cultivate my fandom - circa 1986 I kept telling my parents I wanted to go to Fenway to watch a Red Sox game. We went on a family trip out East. Stopped by Cooperstown (Hell yes, dad. Thanks!). I know everyone else was bored, but I was in Heaven. Then went our way towards Boston.

Driving somewhere in MA.
“Look son there’s Fenway Park!”
“Are wet going to a Red Sox game?!!!”
“No we’re going to Plymouth Rock”

We really went to Plymouth Rock.

It sucked.

1986 I kept telling my parents I wanted to go to Fenway to watch a Red Sox game. We went on a family trip out East. Stopped by Cooperstown (Hell yes, dad. Thanks!). I know everyone else was bored, but I was in Heaven. Then went our way towards Boston.

Driving somewhere in MA.

Your Pop stopped for a rock? Plymouth Rock? Your family might as well have gone to Salem so they could dunk you in a river and see if you sunk or floated. Sink, and you weren't a warlock.

I see you've forgiven him and just totally forgotten, so all's well that ends well, I guess.

1986 I kept telling my parents I wanted to go to Fenway to watch a Red Sox game. We went on a family trip out East. Stopped by Cooperstown (Hell yes, dad. Thanks!). I know everyone else was bored, but I was in Heaven. Then went our way towards Boston.

Driving somewhere in MA.

Your Pop stopped for a rock? Plymouth Rock? Your family might as well have gone to Salem so they could dunk you in a river and see if you sunk or floated. Sink, and you weren't a warlock.

I see you've forgiven him and just totally forgotten, so all's well that ends well, I guess.
Lol. Looking back, pop knew what he was doing *. I was annoyed with drunk obnoxious Sox fans in my mid 20s. I would’ve been in Hell dealing with them as a 10 year old trying to focus on the game, keeping stats, etc. Best to keep Fenway idyllic.

* Plymouth Rock excluded. 🤣

I feel and felt bad. You guys should have won in 2013 with Verlander, Scherzer, and Sanchez
Tigers lost a couple world series during a pretty decent stretch of teams bookended by 2006 & 2012. The only saving grace was constantly knocking the Yankees out of the playoffs. ⚾

Am I crazy, any other fans feel this way after their team finally won the championship?

Sure. Once the Red Sox won the ALCS in 2004 after beating the hated Yankees in an epic seven-game series that saw them down 3-0, I never quite rooted as hard again for them to win. It was like a giant existential weight off of my shoulders as a lifelong Sox fan. Beating the Cardinals in the World Series was almost anticlimactic and they hadn't even won the championship yet. That was all a blur after the Yankees series.

Beautiful, but never the same again.

There was just another band out of Boston who explanned all this...

And it feels like the first time
Like it never did before
Feels like the first time
Like we've opened up the door
Feels like the first time
Like it never will again
Never again

Last edited:

I feel and felt bad. You guys should have won in 2013 with Verlander, Scherzer, and Sanchez
Tigers lost a couple world series during a pretty decent stretch of teams bookended by 2006 & 2012. The only saving grace was constantly knocking the Yankees out of the playoffs. ⚾

IMHO, Leyland did not get the most out if those teams. Should have won 2 world series in that stretch. He had Scherzer, Verlander and Miggy in their prime with some prerty good supporting cast.

IMHO, Leyland did not get the most out if those teams. Should have won 2 world series in that stretch. He had Scherzer, Verlander and Miggy in their prime with some prerty good supporting cast.
But Giants

SWEEP

Users who are viewing this thread