What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Advice (1 Viewer)

ChaosM83

Footballguy
I've been playing NFL & MLB DFS for a couple of years now, but I haven't really gotten into NHL. I just wanted to see what sites people recommend for NHL DFS information.

Leftwinglock is similar to daily Faceoff. LWL also has an iOS app (line combos on the app are premium, small fee. Goalie info free).

I like daily Faceoff a lot.

I'm sure rotogrinders has a ton of information and probably good to look at their top play suggestions as people tend to use that site like a grail.

Ludawgs used to have a great forum with a new thread every day. They got bought out and it's called something else now (I don't have it bookmarked on my phone, just search ludawgs).

My placeholder for tomorrow, until more goalie info comes out, included Ramo in goal and a stack of Calgary forwards. Might switch to 2 forwards and Dougie Hamilton instead. I recall having Subban, Hossa, Stepan...can't remember who else but I haven't dug much yet.

Any objections to turning this into a Fanduel NHL DFS thread or are you playing elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive still got a few dollars on Fanduel and plan on giving NHL a try myself. As long as the mods dont object Id be happy to discuss what little I know about NHL

Leftwinglock and Daily Faceoff for line combos/goalie news.

war-on-ice for stats

(shameless plug) dailypucktalk.com for content

Most of these tournaments like 1/4 to 1/3 filled right now. Id be surprised if there wasnt some overlay

The Calgary/Vancouver game has the highest O/U.

Dougie Hamilton (D) $4700, Michael Frolik (RW) $5000 assuming Jiri Hudler doesnt play, Sean Monaghan © $6600, and Johnny Gaudrau (LW) $6500 are all skating on the first line and one the first powerplay line.

And Teuvo Teravinen at $3800 just seems too cheap not to play, hes not on the first powerplay line, but he is skating on the first line with Toews and Hossa.

Most of these tournaments like 1/4 to 1/3 filled right now. Id be surprised if there wasnt some overlay

The Calgary/Vancouver game has the highest O/U.

Dougie Hamilton (D) $4700, Michael Frolik (RW) $5000 assuming Jiri Hudler doesnt play, Sean Monaghan © $6600, and Johnny Gaudrau (LW) $6500 are all skating on the first line and one the first powerplay line.

And Teuvo Teravinen at $3800 just seems too cheap not to play, hes not on the first powerplay line, but he is skating on the first line with Toews and Hossa.
Hamilton and Teravinen are in everyone of my lineups. Sprinkling in Panarin too.

Also, Ramo is starting in Calgary and they are -150. He's cheap at $6500.

Pick the right goalie, pay attention to injuries and line changes, look for players that shoot often and get ice time, power play minutes are good, pair players from the same line and hopefully power play line in tourneys, looks for weak lines defensively and target them, and as always trust Vegas.

How does it work if the winning team switche goalies mid-game?

Edit: Anyone have any thoughts on Brad Boyes? Hes the cheapest 1st line RW at home

I juggled some things around and room for Gallagher instead. Boyes appeal is hes still priced like hes on the third line, even though hes about the most unexciting first line option there is

I juggled some things around and room for Gallagher instead. Boyes appeal is hes still priced like hes on the third line, even though hes about the most unexciting first line option there is
I would not be rushing to have any Leafs in any lineups until they prove me wrong.

Based on the 30 minutes of exhaustive research that informs everything I know about hockey I'd have to agree

Fair warning I know almost nothing. Everything I've seen are the lines still aren't comfortable playing together and a few guys are banged up. Harder to predict where points will come from

fwiw, I saw this on RG (just potential caution towards stacking NYR 1st line):

Toews and Hossa are widely (if not universally) recognized as two of the five best defensive forwards in the league … and they play on the same line. Since the game is in Chicago, the Blackhawks will have last change so the Toews line will be smothering the Rangers first line. Therefore I see a sub-par night for the Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello line.

Maybe its my home town bias, but I got no problem with the second line especially for GPP's. Again, perhaps I'm seeing it through home town eyes.

Maybe its my home town bias, but I got no problem with the second line especially for GPP's. Again, perhaps I'm seeing it through home town eyes.
Can't be faulted for throwing that in a GPP.

My leans between FD and DK:

chi line 2 (gpp)

cal line 1 (both)

nyr line 2 (gpp)

mon line 1 (both, have paired 2 of the 3 in diff lineups)

van line 2 (gpp, only played Horvat and Vrbata together, no Sven)

Lots of Subban. Mixture of Dougie, Giordano, Doughty, and Russell (who scores more on DK)

Ramo and Price (on DK I have Quick and Price because it's easier to build lineups)

Guess we'll see how it rolls.

Should be some nice DK overlay even at the low levels. FD overlay looks like $5+.

Edit: eh maybe not much seems to be filling fast.

Should be some nice DK overlay even at the low levels. FD overlay looks like $5+.

I entered the $300 FD tourney. 81/93 total entries

Don't know how that ranks in terms of overlays.

I entered the $300 FD tourney. 81/93 total entries

Don't know how that ranks in terms of overlays.
Depends on the payout structure. Overlay is overlay.That's out of my range. For overlay I entered both of my DK lineups in a $5 winner take all $500. When I entered under 2 min to go, it was in the 60s as far as entries goes (out of 121). Finished at 81/121, two are mine obviously. Sitting in 3rd and 20th after the first period with pacioretty and Subban in both and Price in one.

Fanduel had some nice triple up overlay at $25 but I didn't enter. At the 2 min mark they were at like 12/23 pays top 8.

This is getting REAL interesting.

4 Flames in one, top line plus Russell.

Horvat vrbata quick and giordano in the other.

Both in top 10 in nice shape to win $500.

Also top 6 to win a couple satellites.

Let's go!

So close last night...was winning the $500 when the Flames scored their lone goal. Fell to 2nd when Burns scored for SJ. Flames sure flamed out in the 3rd period, I just needed a little bit.

For tonight, I don't necessarily recommend fading the Pens, but I will be. I'll build stacks with St. Louis and Tampa playing at home in favorable matchups and ride those. Rinne seems like a great option in goal. Elliot, Bishop and Rask would be others I like. That said, I've only built a free lineup on DK so far. Will look to hit overlay again there and hopefully do the same on FD once I get a chance to look.

Don't have a clue when it comes to hockey, but managed to win $6.50 on a freeroll at FantasyAces last night and a $2 and $5 double up because of overlay.

Yeah, the Flames Goalie killed me. Im just going to pay all the way up to Rinne tonight and stack the Blues. Filling in the rest with Ehlers and whatever other value I find

Debating between Howard and Quick, but I don't have a clue what I am talking about. (Did stay at a motel 6 though :P ). I just go with the goalie for whoever the biggest favorites are and it has worked so far.

Here is a lineup I am looking at tonight:

C H. Zetterberg $5,500
W M. Gaborik $5,000
W T. Tatar $4,750
W T. Toffoli $4,900
W R. Nash $5,750
D J. Kindl $2,750
D K. Klein $2,850
Flex P. Kane $5,750
G J. Howard $7,500

I signed up for fantasyAces through rotogrinders for a free tourney a couple weeks back so I get free incentives for a year. I have no clue what I am doing, but it has worked for me well so far. I have won $20 off of free rolls and some double ups because of overlay. What seems to have worked is look for bargains at the D positions and spend up at other positions?

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but the cut line for the large double up has been higher than smaller 50/50s by multiple points the last two nights. The same thing is playing out as alot of the games go into the second period. Currently the cutline for the double up is 12.60, and the cutline for the various 100 man 50/50s is between 5.5 and 9.7

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but the cut line for the large double up has been higher than smaller 50/50s by multiple points the last two nights. The same thing is playing out as alot of the games go into the second period. Currently the cutline for the double up is 12.60, and the cutline for the various 100 man 50/50s is between 5.5 and 9.7
Fanduel?

There was some decent overlay on FD tonight too, even the $2 double ups. Got in a few of those.

Yeah Fanduel, Ill update when the Kings game is over, but right now its as much as a 6 point difference between the contests.

So the big double up had a cut line of 37.3 tonight. The $1 100 man 50/50s that I was in ranged between 27.3 and 33. Im not going to dig through the previous days results, but they were in that range. Id like to know if other people are seeing the same in their contests, or have seen this in previous years. That is a very large jump for a 50/50 to a double up.

Mason not starting in Philly tonight due to a family emergency.

Neuvirth going instead.

I'm going to check out some of the sites that were mentioned early in this thread. I am a huge NHL fan, probably bigger NHL fan than NFL but my first two attempts at Fanduel 50/50s went very poorly. I definitely need a better plan!

Watch out!

Alex Ovechkin didn't take part in Tuesday's practice for personal reasons.

Washington Capitals coach Barry Trotz is calling Ovechkin a game-time decision for Tuesday's contest against San Jose. Obviously, any time Washington is without Ovechkin, it's a challenge, but the Capitals are already missing Nicklas Backstrom due to a hip injury.

Users who are viewing this thread