What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Advice (1 Viewer)

Anderson was originally expected to start for the Ducks tonight, but now Khubodin is expected to get the start.

The Ducks are still heavy favorites, but the lines has dropped from -250 to -220 with the change.

Anderson was originally expected to start for the Ducks tonight, but now Khubodin is expected to get the start.

The Ducks are still heavy favorites, but the lines has dropped from -250 to -220 with the change.
Also, Gustavson starting over Rask for the Ruins.

Anyone play hockey at both FD and DK? How would you compare the games, stakes available etc? I've been playing FD and Yahoo. Yahoo seems JV to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't played DK in a few days but those first few nights it was real easy to make a solid LU. Not sure if DK has tightened up pricing yet. Like nfl, for low stakes they offer $1 double ups (even have .25 games) and have $3 games, where FD seems fixed on $1 5050s, $2 doubles and then $5.

I'll keep riding Panarin on FD until they bump his pricing. The other night he was only 9% owned still, but that was larger slate than tonight. People prob stack the top line too so I'll go Kane and Panarin.

Think I'm going Khudobin tonight. Maybe the Yotes stay hot but I'll take the home team there rather than pay up for Crawford.

I'll keep riding Panarin on FD until they bump his pricing. The other night he was only 9% owned still, but that was larger slate than tonight. People prob stack the top line too so I'll go Kane and Panarin.

Think I'm going Khudobin tonight. Maybe the Yotes stay hot but I'll take the home team there rather than pay up for Crawford.
You and I may end up with the same lineup.

How is the matchup for Varlamov tonight?

I know very little about DFS for hockey but i'm playing around with it trying to learn on small games.

I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe I don't like having Toews in there.

Panarin Landeskog

Kane Stone

Toews MacKinnon

Karlsson Beauchemin

Khudobin

I'll listen to any slight changes to the above.

How is the matchup for Varlamov tonight?

I know very little about DFS for hockey but i'm playing around with it trying to learn on small games.
Boston has been pretty bad so far on both ends, but Colorado hasnt been able to stop anyone either. Colorado probably gets the job done, but it may not be pretty.

I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe I don't like having Toews in there.

Panarin Landeskog

Kane Stone

Toews MacKinnon

Karlsson Beauchemin

Khudobin

I'll listen to any slight changes to the above.
Youre starting the center for the Blackhawks first line and wingers for their second. Seems fine for GPP, but suboptimal is its a cash lineup. You could replace him with Turris and Khubodin for Crawford if you are inclined. Could also go with either Perry or Getzlaf

I'm working on getting Toews out, but why is that good for gpp and suboptimal for cash? Would seem opposite of that because in a cash game why out all your eggs into one line?

I'm working on getting Toews out, but why is that good for gpp and suboptimal for cash? Would seem opposite of that because in a cash game why out all your eggs into one line?
Let me know if you find something. I stole your lineup for a 50/50.

Because of +/- splits. The more of a line you start the greater the effect when any of them produces. The guy may not be worth starting anyway, but if its a coin flip and Im starting any of of their line mates Id go with that guy over the other.

For a GPP youre getting a much more unique lineup, and you often need multiple parts of different squads to hit a winning score. +/- splits just arent going to matter on a full line when another person started a center and winger for one teams line and a random winger from another that scores too.

For what its worth this is my 50/50 and 1 timer line up tonight on Fanduel

LW: Panarin, Saad
RW: Perry, Kane
C: Getzlaf, Ansimov
D: Fowler, Krug
G: Khubodin

You could easily swap the Ducks out for Colorado guys and upgrade to Karlson if you wanted

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know if you find something. I stole your lineup for a 50/50.
I already had another built with turris and iginla instead of Toews and stone. I also have a getzalf and Larson instead of Toews and karlsson.

Don't like this 2nd guessing.

Man today was brutal. Until Vegas figures out how to set reasonable lines Im only going to play NHL on Yahoo.

So FD has Monday-Tuesday games up and Tuesday only games.

In the first one, Sequin is a RW and in the Tuesday only, he's a C. WTF

A ton of money is coming in on buffalo. Started +185, now +130. I'm playing Quick and Halak myself tonight

NHL lines are atrocious. Does anyone here bet NHL much? Is it usual for so many heavy favorites to lose, or is this early season stuff while they work out who's actually good?

I have only been playing freerolls lately and the biggest thing I don't like about hockey is that it is a lot like baseball. If you don't hit on your goalie you are SOL.

A ton of money is coming in on buffalo. Started +185, now +130. I'm playing Quick and Halak myself tonight
That's called, not-smart money. Has to be people betting the Sabres purely because Price was not in net. Problem is, the Sabres still suck.

I'm on Greiss for FD and Greiss and Mason on Yahoo. The prices have really adjusted for the studs, makes the value guys so important

I'm on Greiss for FD and Greiss and Mason on Yahoo. The prices have really adjusted for the studs, makes the value guys so important
These are the values I'm eyeing on FD.

Panarin and Ehlers still under 3500. Parayko is 3800. Eakin (now top line) is 4500. Drouin 4700.

Got anything else?

I'm way off Drounin, I know he's skating with Stamkos, but he hasn't produced in a while. At center I'd play ansimov over Eakin, more of a track record, lines about equal

been having a hell of a time picking the right G over the last few days. was on a roll for a while and then just started crapping the bed.

aside from looking at Gs who have low GA and high save %, who are going against weak teams (i.e. low GF), and trying to stay away from G on teams on the end of a back-to-back, what else should i be looking at?

TIA

was gonna throw Pavelec in there and save $$$, but ended up paying for Crawford. hopefully STL has tired legs from last night.

I have Pavelec in my Fanduel lineups, and despite NHL being my highest win% game this year, everytime I open my mouth here it blows up in my face so take that for what its worth.

i'm on DK tonight. lots of WPG exposure in both cash and GPP.

fading FLA/ANH completely.

The good news is theres a new slate to today to crack. Im going to go with Quick tonight, I like Domi tonight alot too as a cheaper option.

The good news is theres a new slate to today to crack. Im going to go with Quick tonight, I like Domi tonight alot too as a cheaper option.
yep. i'm all over Quick too and he'll be pretty highly owned (especially in the 5 game Late slate).

ran a few lineups today and found a lot of LAK D exposure w/ Muzzin and Doughty, and some Beauchemin as well. didn't crack 7k for any player besides Quick on DK, but did load up on WPG/OTT.

value-ish plays: Ennis and Ward.

Ward is min/ near min price on FD and Yahoo. Only run 1 lineup per slate per site per night and he's on 100%. On FD the only guy I'm really paying up for is Carter.

I had not been exposed to the gospel of Fantasy Jesus. Thank you for spreading the good word
I don't know how good he is but thought I'd pass on the link.

I am thinking of swapping out John Carlson for Brent Burns in Yahoo.

Anyone have an opinion?

I like it. I'm paying all the way up to karlson and Giordano there, paying down for Anderson at G to afford it. Realized ward is $20 on Yahoo, I have donskoi as a punt there instead

I like it. I'm paying all the way up to karlson and Giordano there, paying down for Anderson at G to afford it. Realized ward is $20 on Yahoo, I have donskoi as a punt there instead
Couldn't do it. Internet gave out and then we landed.

Users who are viewing this thread