What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No beer for Monday nite Jets/Pats game. (1 Viewer)

brednbuddah

Footballguy
I understand this is a precautionary measure for fan safety after what happened at the Jets/Saints Sun nite game, but are they trying to get people not to go to the game.

#1: Game is the day after Christmas.

#2: Meaningless game for both teams.

#3: Home team is horrible.

#4: Temp at kickoff will be colder than a witch's ###.

#5: No beer.

No beer for Jets-Pats game

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

December 20, 2005, 4:12 PM EST

Alcohol won't be sold during Monday night's game between the Jets and Patriots at the Meadowlands in an attempt to quell rowdy fan behavior.

The ban comes after nine fans were arrested during the Jets-Saints game Nov. 27. One man was charged with stabbing two fans in a restroom, and a state trooper broke his leg while trying to eject a fan who reportedly threw a beer bottle.

Jets spokesman Ron Colangelo said Tuesday the ban was put in place to protect fans. The Jets and New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority made the joint decision.

"It's for precautionary reasons, to provide for the safety and comfort of our fans," Colangelo said.

Colangelo said alcohol will be available at the Jets' season finale Jan. 1 against Buffalo, with kickoff set for 1 p.m. EDT.

Earlier this year, NJSEA president George Zoffinger pledged to deal with the problem of drunk fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't what happened last week after The Jets game just a normal Sunday football game in Philly?? :unsure: :ph34r:

I'm still trying to decide if I want to go. The beer situation isn't the reason, as I usually don't drink once inside anyway as I use the opportunity to sober up for the drive home after getting loaded in the parking lot during tailgate.I will likely go, but the other factors you list are making me consider not going for the first time w/o a serious reason not to.

Jets fans are known as some of the worst in the country (followed closely by Eagles fans) and after a season full of in stadium assaults, including a near fatal stabbing in the rest room a few weeks back, they are just trying to prevent having the team further embarrassed on National TV! They are hoping that the lack of beer and parking lot crack downs will keep the bums (70% of all Jets fans) at home!This move is costng them a lot of money but is the right thing to do. Best move the Jets have made in two years....now if they could just get rid of that loser Herm Edwards, maybe they could be competitive next season.

Jets fans are known as some of the worst in the country (followed closely by Eagles fans) and after a season full of in stadium assaults, including a near fatal stabbing in the rest room a few weeks back, they are just trying to prevent having the team further embarrassed on National TV! They are hoping that the lack of beer and parking lot crack downs will keep the bums (70% of all Jets fans) at home!

This move is costng them a lot of money but is the right thing to do. Best move the Jets have made in two years....now if they could just get rid of that loser Herm Edwards, maybe they could be competitive next season.
listen dummy, I've been a season ticket holder now for 15 years. I've witnessed during the 90s, first hand, probably the leanest decade any sports franchise has ever had and the aftermath as a result. I've seen (and been a part of) some pretty crazy things that have happened in the stadium and parking lot, but no different than any other team in the NFL. I can assure you the stabbing that occured at that Jets/Saints game was the exception and not the rule. another thing dummy, Herm has taken the Jets to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years, gave them their first road playoff victory in something like 20 years last year in SD. brought them to the playoffs in back-to-back years, which is something no other Jets coach has ever done, not even Parcells. He's got he respect of all his players and players around NFL. People want to play for the guy. He's got his flaws, but a loser he is not.

Jets fans are known as some of the worst in the country (followed closely by Eagles fans) and after a season full of in stadium assaults, including a near fatal stabbing in the rest room a few weeks back, they are just trying to prevent having the team further embarrassed on National TV! They are hoping that the lack of beer and parking lot crack downs will keep the bums (70% of all Jets fans) at home!

This move is costng them a lot of money but is the right thing to do. Best move the Jets have made in two years....now if they could just get rid of that loser Herm Edwards, maybe they could be competitive next season.
listen dummy, I've been a season ticket holder now for 15 years. I've witnessed during the 90s, first hand, probably the leanest decade any sports franchise has ever had and the aftermath as a result. I've seen (and been a part of) some pretty crazy things that have happened in the stadium and parking lot, but no different than any other team in the NFL. I can assure you the stabbing that occured at that Jets/Saints game was the exception and not the rule. another thing dummy, Herm has taken the Jets to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years, gave them their first road playoff victory in something like 20 years last year in SD. brought them to the playoffs in back-to-back years, which is something no other Jets coach has ever done, not even Parcells. He's got he respect of all his players and players around NFL. People want to play for the guy. He's got his flaws, but a loser he is not.
No offense Bred but, starting a thread about Beer and Jet fans in the Shark Pool was an open invitation for some guy like this to show his intelligence - As soon as I saw the thread I could have guaranteed this....I've been to enough stadiums to know that all fans are the same.... Ever been to BUFFALO?

Can't agree on Herm though - HE BLOWS. ;)

No offense Bred but, starting a thread about Beer and Jet fans in the Shark Pool was an open invitation for some guy like this to show his intelligence, or lack there of - As soon as I saw the thread I could have guaranteed this....I've been to enough stadiums to know that all fans are the same.... Ever been to BUFFALO?

fixed

No offense Bred but, starting a thread about Beer and Jet fans in the Shark Pool was an open invitation for some guy like this to show his intelligence - As soon as I saw the thread I could have guaranteed this....

I've been to enough stadiums to know that all fans are the same.... Ever been to BUFFALO?

point taken. Made the trek to Buffalo once for a game. What's with the parking out there? We had to pay some cat $20 to park in his driveway.

Old Foxboro introduced me to the best beer in the world, Sam Adams. Their parking lot was horrific. forget trying to piss in the woods.

No, all fans are NOT the same. You don't have the kind of violence and nonsense that you see in NY, Philly, Oakland, etc....in most other places. I have attended games in Dallas (who I HATE), Miami, New Orleans (before it was under water) and the fans there were way more layed back. You could support the road team without fear of getting punched, beer thrown on you, etc....I have season tickets to the LINC in Philly and been to the Meddowlands twice. I didn't even bring my kids to the Eagles games until I got a box. The people there are nuts and will attack women and children for no reason (I have seen it first hand) The Jets fans I saw were just as bad if not worse! Majority of Jets fans are drunken union workers looking to take out their anger about have crappy lives on anyone they happen to run into. Period!Look, you own team, shut down beer sales because you and people like you have proven you can't be trusted. Blame the Jets, not me!

Thanks for dusting the G.E.D. off Steve.

Thanks for dusting the G.E.D. off Steve.
Sit on it Fonz! What kind of dork has a fonz pic anyway?

The Giants fans I encountered at the week 2 Saints game were easily the most obnoxious I've ever seen. If Jets fans (or at least non-season ticket holders, who will likely be a majority of Monday's crowd), are anywhere near as unruly, this move doesn't surprise me at all. Some people just can't handle alcohol like an adult.

The Giants fans I encountered at the week 2 Saints game were easily the most obnoxious I've ever seen. If Jets fans (or at least non-season ticket holders, who will likely be a majority of Monday's crowd), are anywhere near as unruly, this move doesn't surprise me at all. Some people just can't handle alcohol like an adult.
Jets/Gaints are drawing from the same group. Gaints fans are actually considered the "classier" of the two if you can believe it. The Jets are like step children in NYC ever since Broadway Joe left!

I've seen (and been a part of) some pretty crazy things that have happened in the stadium and parking lot, but no different than any other team in the NFL.
You're statement here would be incorrect. Maybe you should visit some of the redneck stadiums in the south for a taste of civilized behavior.

I've seen (and been a part of) some pretty crazy things that have happened in the stadium and parking lot, but no different than any other team in the NFL.
You're statement here would be incorrect. Maybe you should visit some of the redneck stadiums in the south for a taste of civilized behavior.
oh, you mean in Tampa where they have a go-go bar on wheels cruising the parking lot or in Carolina where the cheerleaders get nice and cozy with each other in the bathrooms. I don't have a problem with either :pics: , but is this the southern comfort you speak of?

Majority of Jets fans are drunken union workers looking to take out their anger about have crappy lives on anyone they happen to run into. Period!
Gee you're dumb.NJ is the second highest per capita income state.

Majority of Jets fans are drunken union workers looking to take out their anger about have crappy lives on anyone they happen to run into. Period!
Gee you're dumb.NJ is the second highest per capita income state.
he said jets fans, not giants fans. he seems to think he can tell a difference.

oh, you mean in Tampa where they have a go-go bar on wheels cruising the parking lot or in Carolina where the cheerleaders get nice and cozy with each other in the bathrooms. I don't have a problem with either :pics: , but is this the southern comfort you speak of?
Hey - those Carolina cheerleader were in Tampa! We want credit for that too.

Seriously, I think the better solution would have been to increase security.I'm not a beer drinker myself but I recognize there are plenty of good fans who behave themselves and can handle a beer or two. Heck, the way the Jets are playing the first beer should be on the house.

Users who are viewing this thread