What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Practice for Peterson Today (THR) (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
Link

Vikings coach Brad Childress said running back Adrian Peterson did not practice Thursday afternoon because of a hamstring injury.

Peterson did some brief work with the running backs on a blocking sled during the first 10 minutes when media were allowed to watch. But Childress said Peterson did not do any live work.

“He didn’t participate today so that probably says what it says,” Childress said. “DNP. He was limited [Wednesday]. It’s a concern. Your legs are your legs. We’ll just see how he comes out by the time we get to Sunday.”

Peterson said earlier in the day that his hamstring is sore. He felt it tighten up on a run late in the fourth quarter. He said he hopes to be ready to play Sunday.
You gotta think Chester and AD at least split... IF AD plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy carried the rock 193 times this past week. I'm guessing we should expect reduced role this week no matter what.

I think the ADP owner in our league who at the last second turned down a Eddie Royal for Chester Taylor straight up deal (even though he was loaded at receiver) after week 1 just took a big giant gulp.

assuming AP is out or severely limited - where would Chester rank? Which RBs would he be a better play than....

WOW I sure hope whoever has AP was smart enough to overpay for Chester cause if not that was a terrible move. 2 FOR 2 FOR ME!!! Just please no split out or majority for AP!! ANY WORD

WOW I sure hope whoever has AP was smart enough to overpay for Chester cause if not that was a terrible move. 2 FOR 2 FOR ME!!! Just please no split out or majority for AP!! ANY WORD
It's this kinda stuff that keeps the FBG MB on the cutting edge...

I think the ADP owner in our league who at the last second turned down a Eddie Royal for Chester Taylor straight up deal (even though he was loaded at receiver) after week 1 just took a big giant gulp.
The problem is if they don't declare ADP out, then you have to either start ADP and Taylor, or at least try and decide which one is going to be more productive.If ADP plays then Royal is still probably a better option than Chestor in a flex league.

The problem is if they don't declare ADP out, then you have to either start ADP and Taylor, or at least try and decide which one is going to be more productive.If ADP plays then Royal is still probably a better option than Chestor in a flex league.
No flex. 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR start league. And he was DEEP at WR. Royal is still is 4/5

dont have AP had him last year traded him in week 3 in a 2 player keeper league... i did take Ct this year because this guy has never and will never be able to take a full season the way he runs.

No way AP doesn't play in this game. Childress' ### is on the line. He'll pull out every possible stop he has to win this game.

I take this as nothing more than a precaution personally.

I'd book AP for at least 100 and 1TD.

Im an LT owner.....but I also made sure to draft Chestor Taylor (I new ADP would not last the season...has he ever?). He is the one player in the draft that if the starter goes down can win you your league.

CHESTOR TAYLOR OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :confused: :clap: :headbang: :pickle:

Im an LT owner.....but I also made sure to draft Chestor Taylor (I new ADP would not last the season...has he ever?). He is the one player in the draft that if the starter goes down can win you your league.CHESTOR TAYLOR OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :confused: :clap: :headbang: :pickle:
:yes: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :pickle: :clap:

I won't even consider benching AD until Sunday morning when more info is known. As of right now everything about this is pure speculation and I don't need the stress :goodposting:

Im an LT owner.....but I also made sure to draft Chestor Taylor (I new ADP would not last the season...has he ever?). He is the one player in the draft that if the starter goes down can win you your league.CHESTOR TAYLOR OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :confused: :mellow:
:yes: :pickle: :clap: :pickle: :clap: :pickle: :clap:
:goodposting: :bowtie: :drive: :thanks:
So much for my attempted reply:
THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUNDYou have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message
but I'm still thrilled at having Taylor. :excited:

Im an LT owner.....but I also made sure to draft Chestor Taylor (I new ADP would not last the season...has he ever?). He is the one player in the draft that if the starter goes down can win you your league.CHESTOR TAYLOR OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :confused: :pickle:
:yes: :pickle: :clap: :pickle: :clap: :thanks:
:goodposting: :drive: :clap: :bowtie:
THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUNDYou have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message
but I'm still thrilled at having Taylor. :mellow:
:excited:

Ugh. I have a big matchup in my main big money league this week and AD is banged up. Great. Would you guys go with Portis over AD this week in light of this news? I have Portis on my bench.

Ugh. I have a big matchup in my main big money league this week and AD is banged up. Great. Would you guys go with Portis over AD this week in light of this news? I have Portis on my bench.
Real tough decision there - I'm sure most AD owners would love to have a Portis to fill in!

Yes. I was trying to trade C. Taylor to AD owner in 2 QB league. And he also only carry 2 QBs. It will be anytime he would call me. :thumbup:

Im an LT owner.....but I also made sure to draft Chestor Taylor (I new ADP would not last the season...has he ever?). He is the one player in the draft that if the starter goes down can win you your league.CHESTOR TAYLOR OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :headbang: :pickle:
:rolleyes: :bowtie: :drive: :thanks:
Woo Hoo! The guys who overpaid for a backup RB get to celebrate until Sunday.
I drafted Chester at 8.12, but I'm not celebrating because I drafted ADP at 1.01 :(

Im an LT owner.....but I also made sure to draft Chestor Taylor (I new ADP would not last the season...has he ever?). He is the one player in the draft that if the starter goes down can win you your league.CHESTOR TAYLOR OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :headbang: :pickle:
:rolleyes: :bowtie: :drive: :thanks:
Woo Hoo! The guys who overpaid for a backup RB get to celebrate until Sunday.
I drafted Chester at 8.12, but I'm not celebrating because I drafted ADP at 1.01 :( I would do it again however

I have chester anyways but I bet he practices tomorrow, the one that matters. Little surprised with all the celebrating in here already.

Same news, but a more positive spin, from Football Guru:

Viking starting RB Adrian Peterson (hamstring) was held out of Thursday’s practice. We’re told the team doesn’t want him to aggravate the injury,

since he did quite a bit of work in Wednesday’s practice, despite being listed as limited. Friday is the key day for Peterson. As long as he can

do at least limited work, we’re told the team would expect him to play. The concern is that they don’t want to overwork his hamstring before the

game. Backup RB Chester Taylor would start if needed.

if there is any point when Joe asks himself when the Shark Pool started to implode he can point to this thread

If I had the best RB in the league on my team and his hammy was a bit sore, I'd sit him down for practice too. The goal is for him to play, not practice.

Is this a thread about information on Peterson that can lead to starting lineup decisionmaking or is this a thread for people to pat themselves on the back and show how fortunate they are to have C. Taylor?

buck naked said:
If I had the best RB in the league on my team and his hammy was a bit sore, I'd sit him down for practice too. The goal is for him to play, not practice.
:goodposting: I read a blurb in the other thread that had a quote from AP. He sounded fine and all but said he will be ready to play on Sunday. Having watched the hit, I am happy that the hit was right on the hammy. No twisting or wrenching etc. Looks like a good ole deep bruise, superimposed over a long day with lots of touches. Childress looks to have finally done something right in sitting him today and letting him rest. I wouldn't be surprised if he practices early tomorrow and then just walks through the afternoon and rests again on Saturday.Based upon everything I've heard and read, I'd be very surprised if Peterson isn't good to go and ready to rock on Sunday. Taylor will definitely get a few more carries, but I'm fine with that.

ImTheScientist said:
KCC said:
ImTheScientist said:
KCC said:
ImTheScientist said:
:yes: :pickle: :clap: :pickle: :clap: :pickle:
:eek: :bowtie: :drive: :thanks:
but I'm still thrilled at having Taylor. :excited:
:headbang:
Wow, isn't it a bit premature for this?

This just in from Sportsline:

News: Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson did not practice Thursday because of an injured hamstring. Coach Brad Childress calls the injury "a concern" because Peterson was able to do limited work in practice on Wednesday, but was too sore to go a day later. Before practice began, Peterson told reporters that he is hopeful to play on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers. He was injured late in last weekend's loss to Indianapolis, but did not specify which leg was hurt. Peterson leads the NFL in rushing with 263 yards through two games. If he cannot play on Sunday, backup Chester Taylor will get the bulk of the carries.
Let's keep the Taylor conga-line going!! :wall: :goodposting: :wall: :thumbup: :pickle: :wall: :pickle:

Judge Smails said:
I have AD but not Taylor or Royal.. Given the chance I would easily take Royal before Taylor

I think the point is that CT is showing value right now, without any game being played in the middle of the week. Part of getting a handcuff is peace of mind. If you have AP and CT, you want the better player to play, of course. But if he doesn't, you have the guy who will step in with a track record of performing. You don't have to worry about whether or not AP will play. If he doesn't, the new #1 in Min steps right in for the bulk of the carries. I think there's value in that.

Plus, doesn't CT work with the second team in practice? Perhaps that gives him more of a rapport with Frerotte when it comes to catching passes. Could be helpful in a PPR.

CT also has value if you're toughing it out with a guy like Grant or you start McFadden, Brown/Williams, etc. I can see why people are happy to have him.

Maybe it's just me, but FBG has Peterson ranked kind of high for a guy with a bad hammy. It's certainly making me nervous having him in there. I'm actually thinking of swapping a few things around in my lineup and actually starting Gage M. Bush at my Flex spot and rotating Peterson out of my lineup.

Maybe it's just me, but FBG has Peterson ranked kind of high for a guy with a bad hammy. It's certainly making me nervous having him in there. I'm actually thinking of swapping a few things around in my lineup and actually starting Gage M. Bush at my Flex spot and rotating Peterson out of my lineup.
Way to overthink things!

Users who are viewing this thread