What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Notre Dame in Paris is on fire (3 Viewers)

It appears that while the outer roof was lost, the interior stone roof may have fully held even as 750 tons of spire landed on it.  Which may have nearly completely saved much of the interior from not only fire but also lead contamination.  That would be pretty amazing. 

I’m pretty confused.  The pics made it seem like a raging inferno.  Perhaps as HF said, the stone roof somehow held.  Unreal 

Started in the steeple which was under renovation.  Would be a pretty neat trick to get up there. 
Was that under scaffolding?  I was at work so I wasn't locked into coverage, it didn't seem to be. Is there any thought to a cause, did it burn from the inside out?

That scaffolding is leather tough for what it survives. 

I kind of can't believe that in the picture of the altar, the candles didn't melt? Did it really not get that hot inside??
from a post above, this link

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/notre-dame-cathedral-fire-paris-collapse-live-updates-today-2019-04-15/

about 2 photos down it seems the fire was contained in the ceiling and attic of the church.

I don't really know much about the layout of the church, but it appears a lot of the main area is intact...simply amazing

https://mobile.twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/1117922854715236352

And as the flames climbed high into the night

to light that sacrificial rite

I saw Satan laughing with delight

I would be very pleased to see this preserved and restored for future generations.

Cowboysfan8 said:
These pics taken inside confuse me. Shouldn't that basically be flooded with water right now?
I'm pretty sure the building does not have a watertight seal.  Also, the crypts below are now an indoor swimming pool.

If this thread is right in its reporting, that's about the absolute best news one could hope for. Hoping for it to be true.

it seems fitting that during holy week one of the most sacred christian shrines has burned and no one is speaking of tearing it down but instead only of how it will be rebuilt in a better fashion  

Last edited by a moderator:
This was reported very early on (saw it on a network talk show in a hospital waiting room). I'm not sure what put the issue in doubt afterwards.
One of the Networks started running a list of artworks and artifacts that are located there and it snowballed. 

Users who are viewing this thread